Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - 'A Little Lunacy' V/A, Ketuh Records, CD007
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

'A Little Lunacy' V/A, Ketuh Records, CD007

kajola
Kajola

Started Topics :  74
Posted : Feb 22, 2005 17:29
hi there
nice compilation, so far my favourite ketuh release.

my favourite tunes are Blisargon Demogorgon – Prepare For Love (sounds really fresh & kicks ass!)
and for sure axax syndrom - Ketuh Insomnia (sounds like party)

good work
greetz
karmakanik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Feb 23, 2005 07:19
this cd sounds better each time i listen to it.

highlights:

gappeq's stuff seems to improve with every release. great opener to set the mood.

shift gives us a nice update of one of his older tracks off the orbis tertius comp.

killer buds, sweet track minus the matrix samples

blisargon demogorgon, i will have to watch out for this guy.

respect ----> ketuh           PSI - the Philadelphia Shamanista Initiative
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Feb 25, 2005 09:33
Deathposture once again you deliver a powerfull review

Thank you.

All the others youir constructive criticism is well taken

A very psy wkend to all are the wishes of Ketuh crew           
www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

DONT SEND MP3 SAMPLES PLS!!!!!
Silver Surfer

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 26, 2005 22:13
Im still discovering this album, but i can already say my favourite tracks are Azax Syndrom: Ketuh Insomnia, Tryambaka:150 Fucking Good Reasons and Audialize:G Strings Menog Rmx. I didnt like so much Chilled C”quence – Sense, but im not a big chill fan. Nevertheless i wish them good luck for the future of this project.
Tryambaka really suprised me with the quality of his track.

Boom!
Boom!!           There are more things in heaven and
earth, Than are dreamt of in our philosophy.
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 28, 2005 17:50
All your comments are greatly appreciated
Thank you

www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

e_Clips

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Mar 2, 2005 02:51
ALITTLE LUNACY Review

It’s already here! Ketuh’s latest release confirms the great quality of nowadays psy-artists. ALITTLE LUNACY brings us some of the “regulars” in Ketuh’s releases like Shift and Spectra. Also, as usual, presents us with new and promising projects like Blisargon Demogorgon and the down tempo project Chilled C’ Quence. ALITTLE LUNACY - One more fat-free candy to feed our neurons!

Once again, GAPPEQ starts up the engines! A “softer” track with some “Psy-Dn’B” loops and drifting synths provides an excellent intro for this cd! SHIFT’s frenzy bass and elastic sounds gives us another proof of this guy’s talent! Caution: Fast track!! KILLER BUDS come up next giving us one more reason to be anxious for the debut album. “Superman” is a perfect example of this Brazilians style: hard bass, bouncy synths and spine tingling breaks. Dance floor stomper AZAX SYNDROM may as well cause some real insomnia! Jumping panoramics, deep psychedelic sounds and floating melodies make this track great for a dark dance floor!! BLISARGON DEMOGORGON is an excellent proof of the upcoming talents that Ketuh usually presents us with! This project from Macedonia brings a groovy and dark sound, with a heavy kick and chasing sounds. Hope to see more of this guy! And now, the Portuguese section starting with TRYAMBAKA. Funky bass, fast hi-hats and resonant backgrounds make this track a power one. MENOG’s remix for Audialize’s “G-Strings” gave a “new clothing” to this track. And it suites it really well!! A deeper bass, funky percussion loops and the excellent melody of this track (this time with Menog’s “hand”) create a fast and “highly-danceable” track! The Portuguese duo SPECTRA offer us one more groovy track! Jumpy bass, psychedelic background fx, uprising melodies and groovy samples make this track highly suitable for the dance floor in the morning! And, once again, Ketuh delights us with a Chill track so we can land safely after this lunatic journey. This time, another Portuguese duo show us some of the best low beat ambiences made in Portugal. Travelling melodies, excellent backgrounds and funky percussions with an “acoustic touch”. Great for the after party ride home!

empty Off, full On?!
CRX(HSS Records)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Mar 5, 2005 13:56
just got my copy.worth every penny.one question though:demogorgon fellas do u have uplifting roots or its my idea?
btw audialize and spectra rockssssss
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Mar 6, 2005 22:51
received this the other day and have been listening in my car, at home, and had a chance to play a couple at our party the other night.... first off lets just say that theres no deviation from the standard set forth by previous compilations on this fine label. ketuh has really established themselves a nice section in my case. and in the minds of those who seek full - power psychedelia.
despite a mind numbing hangover, i will attempt to give a quick run through for the record even though chris planet and deathposture have given impressive and thorough reviews...

1. gappeq further developing his style, love the sounds in this one, at first theres lots of space and resonance. church bells ring with tons of reverb making the sound fill the space! after a couple minutes it changes into a gallop, with a neat lead, and then changes up more, getting going. the somewhat distorted "psy-dnb" sounds really make this one stand out. but then the vocoded voice seems a bit out of place....? but at least it doesnt ruin the track, just puts it in a different category all of a sudden. lots to hear in this piece.

2. shift comes with a rework of his old track, which was on heavy rotation a couple years ago... at first it doesnt sound like too much has been changed...in that it has the same song structure and tune, it holds its ground though, and since it was a great one before, its been improved upon and made more modern. the final movement is fierce!

3. killerbuds with another trademark jam. heavy rollin stomp going on here, the twisty&round&crispy insectoid leads we've come to love, and more than a few great tricks to keep you moving. i just love thier basslines! good percussions in this one too. after the sort-of-long half-way break, we are sent up, up, up and awayyyyy! which amounts to about 3 minutes of sweet flight on each side of the break...

4. azax coming up big here. cant sleep? this is just what the doctor ordered... chock full of great movement, this one has them jumping, and a nice little melody makes it playful before we are sent deep deep into the brain, cascading lights all around. the big blast off break is intense, groovy, and hands in the air lead power. who's your daddy!? we definitely feeling the lunacy here...hahaha we get a great bassline switchup, and the last minute and a half are primetime.

5. blisargon demogorgon have a deep and nasty flavour here, sizzly and dark rollin. the style reminds me of timecode sounds, which is a good thing. a highly technological adventure. the acidy goodness is definitely here, overall it would certainly do its thing on a dancefloor. hope to test drive this one soon.

6. trymbaka with good reasons for dancing... not too sure about the first sample though i do like the way its used, just not into hearing about ass rape while im trancing out... the other sample about blueberry pankakes, thats funny. anyhoo, ilove the sounds in this one, bouncy as hell. a playful melodic flipout, heavy duty! and i would go so far as to say epic! theres a great story to this tune, really keeps my attention as it changes and develops while following a theme. the slamming, great builds and changes, combined with the funny samples which are odd but used to great effect, it makes you laugh and jump, which is a great way to spend your time. ace!

7. audialize, plus menog rmx deliver an incredible tune for fans of both of these artists. maintains the deep dark edge and soul of the original. another one with epic qualitys, really draws you in, theres this one sound in the middle that pans that just takes it home to papa, sounds great loud. solid.

8. spectra impresses here with a very moving tune, lots of sounds and great edits, and some of the best use of a guitar ive heard in months. this one has a definite morning feel to it, really layering the warm tones but still keeping it edgy and never cheezy. good use of lazers and overall its a hit!

9. chilled cquence with a nice ender tune. lets just say that i make my own comps of chill tracks from trance cds and this one makes it on #7. i like thier style, its got lots of space to space out in. the rhythm is just enough to groove on, while leaning backin your recliner or against a tree. some meandering arpeggios, long melancholy synths and quality use of vocal padscapes make this one nice and warm.

so... what we have here is a solid disc. nuff said.
thanks mac and all artists for thier work. ill be playing these for sure...
          www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 8, 2005 09:04
Thank you monkey for a great review!
Glad you like it . . . . Soon In Crypto will be with us, decrypted and all
Boom from snowy vienna!           
www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

amazon
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  37
Posted : Mar 25, 2005 11:28
Quote:

On 2005-03-05 13:56, CRX wrote:
just got my copy.worth every penny.one question though:demogorgon fellas do u have uplifting roots or its my idea?
btw audialize and spectra rockssssss

heyyaCRX not sure we undestand this question..
thanks for support though!
          BOOM 2006 www.boomfestival.org
"the journey is the reward"
Trance2MoveU
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Sep 14, 2006 15:12
Didn't much care for the beginning and the end of the album, but all the bits in the middle were spot-on! Great job!

Any word on a Killer Buds 2nd album?

Mdk
bararabo

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 22, 2006 17:15
Blisargon Demogorgon -Prepare for love

Yoooooooooooooooooooo...this is great track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - 'A Little Lunacy' V/A, Ketuh Records, CD007
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance