Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - 'A Little Lunacy' V/A, Ketuh Records, CD007

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

'A Little Lunacy' V/A, Ketuh Records, CD007

Dj Chris Planet
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 5, 2005 20:45
Title: Various Artists “ ALittle Lunacy”
Catalogue nr: Kthcd007
Release: JAN. 2005
Label: Ketuh Records (Portugal)
Compiled by: Dj P_Mac

Distribution: Arabesque
info@arab.co.uk
+4420 8993 5966

Ketuh Records
info@ketuhrecords.com
+43 676 302 7397

Ok this is my first review i hope you like it.

1. Gappeq - Digital Art
w&p: Jirka | Czech Rep
Gappeq opens the CD with a pleasurable pulsing piece. The track opens with a clear breakbeat intertwined with some deep bass hits and sweeping atmospheres. The bassline and kick are then added giving the track a real driving sound. The tune then keeps a steady pace with the introduction of some crisp soundscapes and what seems to be a vocoded sample. As the track unfolds we are subjected to some warped sinister sounds giving this already powerful tune an additional enhancement of energy. By the end this track truly has the listener’s attention making it a wonderful opening track for this compilation.

2. Shift - Absolution rmx
w&p: Chris Hoy | South Africa
Chris Shift as always brings us his sublime South African sound with the Absolution RMX. I do not know the original but this tune has all the makings of a dancefloor destroyer. The track starts with some eerie atmospheres juxtaposed with a funky bassline, solid kick and fat squelching synths. Then as the track progresses and opens out, a stream of sound engulfs your mind, body and soul with no letting go until the end. Lovely tune Chris looking forward to your new album.

3. Killer Buds - Superman
w&p: Enzio, Tarcisio & Marcelo | Brasil
Killer Buds what can I say except these guys from Brazil are fast becoming one of my favourites as I seem to like everything I have heard from them. Superman is no exception as this tune is another fine piece of music. The onslaught is right from the start with a clear rounded bassline, concrete kick, very tidy breakbeat, and smothering synth sweeps. Like most Killer buds tracks this little gem just keeps on going and really does end up with a very dynamic end. If you’re a Killer Buds fan then you are really going to love this, and if your not, have a listen to this track and you soon will be. Great work guys I am really looking forward to the album.

4. Azax Syndrom - Ketuh Insomnia
w&p: Regev Azaria | Israel
Azax Syndrom with the aptly named Ketuh Insomnia because if you listen to this track you are never going to get any sleep. This is a powerful tune right from the start with layer upon layer being added and after only a couple of minutes the track really has got you hooked. A great use of panning and some lovely crisp and crunchy synths gives this tune some real feeling. The ending is what you would expect from a track like this, extremely dynamic. I could see this being a real belter on the dancefloor, nice work Regev.

5. Blisargon Demogorgon -Prepare for love
w&p: Valentino | R. of Macedonia
Blisargon Demogorgon bring us some of his love from Macedonia with this powerful track. From the off it has all the makings of a fat trance track and by god it is. He has only had 1 or 2 releases prior to this but I think that we will be hearing a lot more from him if this is anything to go by. It has a dark sound but not to dark, he really does seem to have found his own style, dark and funky. I am looking forward to hearing more from Valentino if this is anything to go by.

6. Tryambaka - 150Fuckin good reasons
w&p: Tiago Pimentel | Portugal
This is the first track I have heard from Tryambaka and what a nice tune it was to listen to. This track does fit so well after the previous by Blisargon Demogorgon and really does show us the sound that Ketuh are aiming at, Full, Funky and innovative. I hear so many acts now coming out of Portugal and they all really seem to know how to make good psychedelic music. Tryambaka is no exception and I anticipate that we will be hearing more from this guy very soon.

7. Audialize - G-strings Menog rmx
w&p:Joao Apell, rmx by Joao Daniel | Portugal
Audialize with a Menog rmx, well you just know this is going to be a great track by 2 of Portugal’s most respected artists. From the beginning a sweeping melodic atmosphere gives this track an instant appeal. Then as you would expect from such fine producers the track pans out into a full on funky dynamic tune with some awesome soundscapes. This track is as good as I expected it to be and would really rip it up on the dancefloor, nice work guys.

8. Spectra - Numbers
w&p: Paulo & Chico Oliveira | Portugal
Another group that I am not familiar with, but Spectra do a fine job with this track. Being the penultimate track it starts to bring you out of the lunacy you have been encountering whilst listening to this CD. But that’s not to say this track is not as powerful as the rest of the CD, because it is. A good use of pads with some guitar licks near the beginning still gives this tune a delightful sound. A good choice by P Mac, this track slowly gives the listener back there cognitive functions.

9. Chilled C“quence - Sense
w&p: Pedro Matias & Fernando Rodrigues | Portugal
Chilled C,quence have done a fine job with this track. Sense brings you out of the lunacy and gives you your senses back. A lovely slow breakbeat with some almost distorted ethnic vocal samples bring you back to normality. A nice track to end a great CD.

Also watch out for the Killer Buds debut Album coming very soon

And 'In Crypto' a new comp also coming very soon on Ketuh Records.

Keep them coming.
          Let us take you on a journey, that will take you from are small world stage and orbit you beyond our fragile planet......
amazon
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  37
Posted : Feb 5, 2005 21:22

i am really glad you tasted the lunacy chris, and apparently, regained your sense back and liked the trip.
that is the aim of this comp! the artists really did a great job pushing the limits of what you call cognitive functions:):) thank you for such a great (1st time)review; you got the skill!           BOOM 2006 www.boomfestival.org
"the journey is the reward"
Riton
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Feb 5, 2005 21:39
me likes a lot too!
fullom
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Feb 7, 2005 22:45
Ketuh really are leading the way with their releases-This has some fucking brilliant tracks on it (Shift, Azax, Killer buds).

Keep up the good work P-Mac and for sure Ill keep buying them.
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Feb 8, 2005 09:27
Quote:

On 2005-02-07 22:45, fullom wrote:
Ketuh really are leading the way with their releases-This has some fucking brilliant tracks on it (Shift, Azax, Killer buds).

Keep up the good work P-Mac and for sure Ill keep buying them.

Cheers mate, glad you like it . . . but it was a collective effort and i think the artists deserve all the credit

kthcd008 In Crypto is commin next month . . . brace yourselves

www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

DONT SEND MP3 SAMPLES PLS!!!!!
Dj.Roberto Ohm

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Feb 8, 2005 18:54
Oh man all album is very good!!
All track´s killer bro!!
My preference is Audialize - G-strings Menog rmx good track!!!
Good album !!!
Now .............

Metatron Productions
Metatron Productions

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Feb 9, 2005 20:51
Nice work P_Mac also jan did great art cover like always !
all the compilation rook ! my favorites are 2,3,4,5,6 & 7 is the luck number for the seventh release of Ketuh records ..
Nice review chris you say it all ...
- - - - - -
coming soon - v.a need for speed
http://www.metatron-production.com
http://www.wirikuta.at
Tryambaka
Tryambaka

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Feb 10, 2005 16:50
it has been a hell of a ride

glad to see nice reviews on this old track
i hope i can surprise you in the future..

thanks for the support           http://www.bhooteshwara-records.com
http://www.tryambaka.com
http://www.myspace.com/tryambaka

BHOOTCD003 Tryambaka - The Colour Of Time OUT NOW!!!
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 14, 2005 16:44
Quote:

On 2005-02-10 16:50, Tryambaka wrote:
it has been a hell of a ride

glad to see nice reviews on this old track
i hope i can surprise you in the future..

thanks for the support

Glad to see you posting           
www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

kameleonpangea36
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 19:39
Man these guys know what they are doing, once again I will say that Gappeq is IMO the best new artist out now, true tribal feel and yet melodic, absoluetly insane,

I also like how the Ketuh guys stay within a style and have many of the same artist on theyre comps, I feel like I know what im getting with each comp. always quality, cant wait for more from all the Ketuh guys!
peace and props for consistincy           
label: www.pureperceptionrecords.org
design: www.designsbymattbryson.com
soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/kameleon-pangea
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 23:07
good to know youre playing this out in south carolina kameleon man

i cant wait to get this i just know it will blow my socks off           www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 18, 2005 21:02
Recension on V.A. Little Lunacy
this is an awesome compilation, something that I play few times per day!

01 - Gappeq : Digital Art
First is Gappeq, young artist from Chech rep.
Nice track , good conection , nice bass lines , very fat track,and like all Gappeqs track this is melodic full on track- Nice job

02 - Shift : Absolution rmx
Ah Shift what can I say... FANTASTIC , very good track powerful I will say... I played this track on two parties, I love this track. It start very fast and than bild up more and more...
Shift is really pice of work, nice one...

03 - Killer Buds : Superman
Third is Killer Buds with awesome track( doing a supermen thing:) its nice clasic Killer buds track, its remaind me like the 2nd track from "Sonic pantomime"- Killer buds- Typically their style...

04 - Azax Syndrom : Ketuh Insomnia
OK this is what its all about TOP track like P_MAC said -"Starts like a spagetti and finishing like Lazanja:) Thats a clasic psy trance track maybe the best- Ideal billd up and then-"who is your dad" THIS IS AZAX SYNDROM

05 - Blisargon Demogorgon : Prepare For Love
Im specially proud to present Macedonian artist... Nice track I loved, good bass lines good driving track, maybe I will play this track in Friday, fantastic melody...

06 - Tryambaka : 150 Fucking Good Reasons
Clasic good track very smooth ,fast ,and good conception , nice tallented track,it is a very nice tune...

07 - Audialize : G-strings Menog rmx
MMMM... Audialize(Menog RMX) NICE NICE NICE... what can I say about this perfect track ,with good mellody and then...tumba,rumba,dumba....Fucking maddness

08 - Spectra : Numbers
Spectra -like more like ,ah hard to explain ....Nice ,good track

09 - Chilled Sequence : Sense
Home alone relaxing -my advice is to play this track ...u will love it....

ENJOY AS WE ALL DO...
With love ( Macedonian psy crew from Auckland) New Zealand

www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 18, 2005 21:05
Hey BSM,
hope the postman is kind to you soon
much appreciated for the input!           
www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Feb 21, 2005 20:16
V/A – ALittle Lunacy

High res cover: http://kortlink.dk/msp

Artist: Various
Title: ALittle Lunacy
Format: CD (jewel case)
Label: Ketuh Records (Portugal/Austria)
Cat. #: KTHCD007
Distribution: Arabesque
Date: 24 January 2005

Track listing:

01. 07’17” Gappeq – Digital Art
02. 08’19” Shift – Absolution Rmx
03. 07’46” Killer Buds - Superman
04. 07’33” Azax Syndrome – Ketuh Insomnia
05. 08’08” Blisargon Demogorgon – Prepare For Love
06. 07’57” Trymbaka – 150 Fucking Good Reasons
07. 08’28” Audialize – G-strings (Menog Rmx)
08. 08’28” Spectra – Numbers
09. 08’32” Chilled C”quence – Sense

M3U playlist: http://www.juno.co.uk/playlists/m3u/169235-01.m3u (all tracks)

Review:

Lunacy – anyone familiar with the Ketuh’s back catalogue will agree that’s indeed a fitting word for describing the style of psytrance put out by these guys… I’ve had the pleasure of reviewing the last 3 compilations and they were all high quality hyper-trance, so I had high expectations for this, the seventh Ketuh installation… I got a taster in late December 04, and finally here’s the fully mastered version… Again its big cheese label boss P_Mac who did the hard work of compiling it – and as I can vouch for his great taste in music, I’ve got a good feeling about this… Let’s try a little lunacy…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Gappeq – Digital Art
First up is Mr. Jirka from the Czech Republic who also had the first track on the last two Ketuh compilations… And he does here what he does best: Semi hard morning trance or semi light night track… Hybrid trance! It’s reminiscent of the sound on the new X-Dream album We Interface, especially on the vocal side… Hints of raging acid, but still melodic at heart and basically uplifting… As we have come to know Gappeq as the Ketuh toastmaster… Nice track!

#02: Shift – Absolution Rmx
Next up is Mr. Hoy from South Africa – aka Shift which is also a Ketuh regular… Ripping acid lines en mas! I do not know the original tune, so I can’t tell you what was changed for this remix, but I can tell you however, that this is one damn fine tune in the true Shift sense… Deep, dark, raw, wriggly hyper-psytrance with enough acid to keep me entertained for the time being… The building up here is amazing… Great track!

#03: Killer Buds – Superman
“What happened back there Link? I can't figure it out, sir. Agents just came out of nowhere. And then the code got all weird. Encryption I've never seen. Okay? Shit, Morpheus, you should have seen him. Where is he now? He's doing his Superman thing!” Ahh – Killer Buds… This is the fourth consecutive Ketuh compilation to feature a track from the Brazilian acid-samba-freaks… And damn, they’ve done it again – another phat acid-ridden, thrilling 303-ride to heaven… Rippling, tickling, teasing acid-lines – sweet, thrilling build-ups – and rewards in the sense of climaxes that will cause havoc in any mind and on any trancefloor… This is why I love psychedelic trance! Can’t wait for the upcoming debut album - Stellar track!

#04: Azax Syndrome – Ketuh Insomnia
“Who’s your daddy?” Let’s turn our attention to Israel, where Regev Azaria has stirred up a little lunacy to keep us up at night… As always with Azax, the sound is deep, dark horror-trance – with thick, thick acid-lines twirling back and forth messing with your emotions… This is evil – in the best sense of the word… Brilliant track!

#05: Blisargon Demogorgon – Prepare For Love
Blisargon Demogorgon is Valentino Trencev from the Republic of Macedonia and to my knowledge this is only his third released track… But I hope to hear more – this is good! Balkan hyper-trance with thick, hardcore noise-influences… Deep, dark, spooky – and with an impressive drive throughout the track… Check out the lethal, toxic acid-raven – yikes! Nice track!

#06: Tryambaka – 150 Fucking Good Reasons
“No more… No more… Oh my god… I give us about 20 minutes before the first ass raping …” Woow – I should hope not! Tiago Pimentel from Portugal aka. Tryambaka had his first released track on the last Ketuh compilation Peacemaker… I wasn’t too impressed with his debut track, but this second attempt is better… He’s getting there! After three really hardcore tracks, this is a little lighter – though with the same style as his first track: fast-paced, humorous night trance… Loads of Road Trip samples and funny bits – but unfortunately not enough to make this anything else but an average track…

#07: Audialize – G-strings (Menog Rmx)
“You must concentrate…” Right, so here’s a remix to a track from Joao Apell’s 2003 album Wanted – done by Daniel Bernardo aka Menog... Two of Portugals most well-respected psy-trance producers… I don’t remember the original track, as I don’t have the album yet [mental note to self: buy the damn Audialize album!] – so I can’t tell you what’s different in this remix… What I can tell you though is that this is a damn fine track… Rolling melodies, impressive percussion and an overall phat groove… Jumping, bubbling and bouncing… Good stuff!

#08: Spectra – Numbers
Spectra is Paulo & Chico Oliveira from Portugal, and this is my first encounter with their music – although they’ve already had a couple of released tracks on Spectral Records… This is a cool track with a unique sound… It’s not as ‘hardcore’ as most of its predecessors – It’s kinda old school, layered night time trance… Great use of electronic guitars and subtle voice samples… You’re starting to come down from the trip now – chilling, yet still totally rockin’…

#09: Chilled C”quence – Sense
And now we’re really chilling out… As legends has it, a nice chilled track to finish things off – helping you come down of the trip… And this is by the upcoming Portuguese duo Chilled C”quence with members Pedro Matias & Fernando Rodrigues … As the title suggest, this is chilled stuff – chilly, dubby, soothing experimental stuff with breakz, bits and bytes… Ahh, digital ear cotton buds… Lovely debut track and a fine way to end the compilation…

Another fine Ketuh compilation comes to an end… And it’s another stormer with only a couple of mediocre track… As with Peacemaker, the flow of tracks have really improved and I’m hoping this is the flow path Ketuh will take in the future… The quality level of this label is impressive – they always deliver quality despite the high release frequency… It can be done! I’m looking forward to their 8th and 9th releases coming soon - the In Crypto compilation and the debut album from Killer Buds).

As mentioned above, there are only a couple of mediocre tracks here and I only found one minor flaw: On the cover Tryambaka is listed as 'Trymbaka'… But besides from that, this compilation oozes quality… I will not hesitate recommending this to fans of the harder Ketuh/Pavarti/Ørebro style of twisted night time trance with just the right amount of acid lines to freak you out! Enjoy!

Favourites: 2, 3(!!), 4(!), 5, 7

DeathPosture

External links:
Psyshop: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/kth/kth1cd007.html
Saiko Sounds: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4518
Chaos Unlimited: http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.asp?LR=kthcd07
Juno Records: http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/169235-01.htm
Trance Shop: http://www.trance-shop.com/de/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4388
          On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
electric stimulation

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Feb 21, 2005 23:02
Totally 'a little Lunacy' ... killer album all tracks are great just bombs ! Azax -ketuh Insomnia- what a track .
my favourite. Demororgon -prepare for love- another killer track

good work

-----//-----
100% pure plesure
Karpatherian law of mystical experiments
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - 'A Little Lunacy' V/A, Ketuh Records, CD007

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance