First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

972 Scene

___byteadelic
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 9, 2002 11:52:25
Ok, so this is a bit offtopic, but its still trance related.
Way long ago, when the human race was not aware of shaving, electronics etc there was a 972 scene... Israeli scene that existed through BBSes, that scene was a kick start for many trance artists nowadays and trance lovers...
There were 'demo groups' in that scene which involved coders, musicians, graphicians, you name it, we had "gatherings" were all of the sceners who communicated only through bbses most of the time met somewhere and had a 3 day "computer-geeking-party" with coding, music, and many other competitions, those were some days and I'm not here to discuss them.

Here are some examples of people we see around and are originally from there, and I'd like to see more:
Luminius (a.k.a Amir Dvir, Sikos)
Eli (a.k.a hyperviper, a dedicated quirk fan)
saGEEK (a.k.a fizz)
me.
------------------------------------------------

Asaf shenberg for some reason I have a feeling you used to do be also one, am I right?
___kaz
Old Forum Member
Posted : Jan 9, 2002 12:08:16
#goa on EFNet, the 972 scene is dead (the moment Coders FX moved from a BBS to internet, it was all over). There is no such thing left. The BBS community was a great one though, and I got to know a lot of talented artists through it (the whole Impulse Tracker mafia from Israel :)), and it's major advantage over the internet is the much stronger "community" touch. And no, the communication may have started as BBS only, but ended up being phone/face to face meetings (you can't design a demo and not visit the coder who's doing the technical side).

And yes, I used to be Kaz (at first an ascii artist, then a .lit writer, and finally, a trip member, along with much more famous names than my own), and I frequented demo parties... One of the funniest memories was that Power of Celtic (by Erez from Infected) didn't even make the finals at Millenium (competition organized by Miki Litvak), due to lack of crowd support.

Very small world here :)
___byteadelic
Old Forum Member
Posted : Jan 9, 2002 14:19:28
Miki!! Now I remember!
wait, are you saying Erez was also at Millenium?
How about Mov96/7/8 ? Ritual?
Were you there?
Hey, where's oatbran ?!? and the martyr nowadays?

Civax? Borzom? any news on them fellaz?
___kaz
Old Forum Member
Posted : Jan 9, 2002 15:01:45
Yes, the whole Shidapu crew was there (even though most of them just for a short time), I was in mov96, mov97 and mov98 and Ritual as well. (mov98 I won the multichannel and surprise compos, I'm still pissed off that my ambient track didn't make the finals in Ritual)

Oatbran and Martyr are still very close friends of mine. Civax runs the codersFX web site, still loaded with very impressive coding/electronic art resources and completed works. Borzom I don't know, but it's safe to assume he's somewhere smoking pot and doing crazy shit.

Miki (Kenzu), until a while ago and Ido (Hyperion) became Domestic (Miki has been inactive for quite a long time, right now Domestic is just Ido), Erez is doing great in Infected, Roee and Oren (Dragonfly and Morphium) haven't done anything since the happy old Shidapu days (well, not released, Roee is still working from time to time)...

Didn't really follow the rest.
___byteadelic
Old Forum Member
Posted : Jan 9, 2002 15:56:17
Hey Kaz! thank you for the update, kind of weird I saw you a couple of times and I dont remember a friggin thing.
Borzom was in jail (it's a 2 year old news) for "Security related reasons" I have no more specific details, how about enwhysea kid?
sticky baboon? phanatik?
___kaz
Old Forum Member
Posted : Jan 9, 2002 16:12:52
I really don't know.... I only kept in touch with the gang from haifa and a few others from the music side. Those names do raise a smile though. :)
___yaniv
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jan 9, 2002 16:53:03
guys... guys... guys...
what the hell ae you talking about.....
?
!
?
!
?
___kaz
Old Forum Member
Posted : Jan 9, 2002 16:58:04
There was an electronic art scene in Israel before the internet cought on.

and it was BIG.
___fizz
Old Forum Member
Posted : Jan 9, 2002 23:26:05
AH! so good to see this thread .. =)
damn, I miss those days..
enwhysea hangs in #israel (EFNet).. uhm.. I really wonder where's borzom.. if he's anywhere =)
___mk@y11
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jan 9, 2002 23:59:40
great thread guys very interesting..
heard alot b4 about the tracker days
trip and obviously shipadu....
but didn't realise there was comps etc..
no wonder the quality of music coming out
of israel is so strong...
___Kinetichonda
Old Forum Member
Posted : Jan 10, 2002 00:14:05
what are those MOV and Ritual things, anyone wishes to tell us some history??
___Psychadelo
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jan 10, 2002 00:36:30
i think it was a gathering's or something
___ChillCrew
Old Forum Member
Posted : Jan 10, 2002 09:24:56
bbs groups. way befor internet in israel was established.
___byteadelic
Old Forum Member
Posted : Jan 10, 2002 10:28:46
ok......
when BBSes where the only way to transfer files in Israel... and when 14.4k 28k modems were considered FAST CONNECTION people from all over Israel used to gather to some place (MOV usually took place somewhere in Ashkelon. It changed almost every year) Ritual - KfarSaba (Matnas) Compos were held, The best Demo, best gfx best 4k composition, 64k composition, best ANSi ART etc...
All the sceners would stay in the same enviroment for that gathering and each worked on his project until the deadline...
Ofcourse we were all serious computer geeks, but we were also the people you read about in the news
(Borzom for instance was a russian fella called Lev who used to smoke pot most gatherings code in C++ and light up his farts, he was caught after hacking some bank or smthing)
(A Fella scener who called himself Night Daemon was being flamed and pissed by other sceners most of the time because he was a Gruzini...he was a great graphician but some didnt care, till one day he decided to jump from the window due to that fact (he left a suicide note) the day after it was all over the newspapers)
We were something geeky perhaps, but I really enjoyed those days.
___kaz
Old Forum Member
Posted : Jan 10, 2002 11:32:26
dude, saying Borzom was the only pot smoker... talking about innocence :)

Borzom was the only one to release a text file (and illustrations) of how to make a bong. You got to give the man credit :)
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 972 Scene

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance