Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - 420 Festival (OK it's not really a psy party but...) QUADRA LIVE!
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

420 Festival (OK it's not really a psy party but...) QUADRA LIVE!

kahn
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Mar 2, 2008 00:07
Speaking of world class headliners with unplugged equipment, I've seen Armin Van Buuren pulling the same crap haha.

I do hope that Quadra is playing here though, would love to see him... even if it's just a DJ set disguised as a live set.
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Mar 2, 2008 01:56
Quote:

On 2008-03-01 12:57, PsyCore wrote:
And it doesn't really matter about whether he faked it or not. Its fuckin hard to play live...

Are you kidding?

I think all anyone is asking from a psytrance artist is that they do something live. Play a few added notes on the keyboard, trigger a few interesting rhythmic twists, fuss around with the effects, and at the very least play alternate versions of studio material.

Instead we have charlatans prancing around on stage making a mockery of the entire movement. I mean, if an artist isn't playing live but simply mixing songs together that's called DJing--whether its their own material or not. The problem is that many producers can't even manage that--they simply play a canned set off their laptop. If that's the case, why not simply ship a hard drive halfway around the world and have a technician hits play? You don't need to bother carting around the mass of flesh that originally came up with the music--it would be a complete waste. Harsh? Sure. As long as these talentless fucks continue to take money for a bunch of pantomime I think I have a right to be. Live means live. If an artist is booked as playing live they better damn well be doing something live. You can't defend trickery and deception on account of the real thing being difficult to do. That's ludicrous.
konvndrvm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Mar 2, 2008 03:14
"live is live."

word.

konflux
Konflux

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Mar 2, 2008 05:07
If we want to be precise with the use of the word "live" we should really be applying the term "Live PA" to those who dj their own music or even play it as pre-mixed set off of a laptop.

PA = Personal Appearance, or sometimes Performance Artist.

For me it adds a lot to the experience when I am aware of the fact that the music played is made by this person who is on stage in front of me.

myspace.com/konfluxpsy | www.konfluxmusic.net | PsyTribe | Phar Psyde Recs. | Logical Light Recs.

For CD releases:
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/search.asp?search_str=konflux
konvndrvm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 2, 2008 05:21
Yeah Live and Live PA used to confuse the hell out of me.
konvndrvm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 2, 2008 05:58
until i read konflux's post
kahn
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 2, 2008 06:49
While I completely agree Basilisk regarding the term "live," to me it actually doesn't matter that much whether it's "live" or a DJ set. I enjoy seeing an a producer, DJ his stuff, or other people's stuff. It is a different experience to see Astrix spin "Mescaline" than for some other DJ to do the same.

On that note, I do think it's wrong to misrepresent. However, the term "live" seems to lack meaning these days given the wide variety of things you see out of that. In fact, I've seen some artists live who had singers, so they called it live, but all the background music was entirely prerecorded and simply being played.

But then again, jamming on an unplugged synth is cheesy any way you look at it.
lolita

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 2, 2008 22:20
a couple months ago I had the chance to see Led Zeppelin"LIVE" in London. after the superb show I was asking to my self what the neofakehippiebozos of the electronic music scene (psytrance #1 with honor)are doing with the term "LIVE". is patetic and sad. a bunch of frustrate musicians... if you say live, is better be, lots of people are paying atention. you are up for some lame controversy; and you, "live performance", will be fuck.some names will stick on you...like ; liar,forger,scam...and in the end SUPER STUPID>nice... thats all folks
PsyCore

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Mar 3, 2008 02:58
Girl you know it's .... Girl you know it's... Girl you know it's... *BSOD*
konvndrvm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 3, 2008 09:07
Isratrance = BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH

420fest

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 12, 2008 03:15
Quadra WILL be @ 420 Fest live...Message him @ his myspace....

Myspace.com/quadra11
kahn
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 12, 2008 04:04
Quote:

On 2008-03-12 03:15, 420fest wrote:
Quadra WILL be @ 420 Fest live...Message him @ his myspace....

Myspace.com/quadra11

Well, that is encouraging at least. I take it you're the promoter... assuming he's there and everything, good job grabbing a big psytrance headliner for an event like this.
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - 420 Festival (OK it's not really a psy party but...) QUADRA LIVE!
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance