Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 200 bpm can cause nightmares?
← Prev Page
6 7 8 9 10 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

200 bpm can cause nightmares?

goadelic

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Nov 20, 2007 21:15
Love high BPM in Dark Psy, but it's very uniform. I like more Hardcore Gabber and Speedcore beats which smashing brains!           Upwards, upwards into the sky, flying higher and higher, until I feel like I could touch the Sun!

http://goadelic.hit.bg
Elad
Tsabeat/Sattel Battle

Started Topics :  158
Posted : Nov 20, 2007 21:32
Quote:

On 2007-11-10 15:58, PeYoTe KiNG wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-11-10 14:29, Elad wrote:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/wm149y

180 bpm

please let me know if u got nightmares? scared? laugh?

it made me laugh...
great tune, hope 2 hear the full version sometime

boom

thanx hehe thats full version for now.. maybe one day will have more power for this lol

anywayz seems peaple not bother so i try again.. lets see if anyone get nightmare from this
          www.sattelbattle.com
http://yoavweinberg.weebly.com/
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Nov 22, 2007 00:17
I've read the whole thread to find someone who mentioned what I'm about to mention in better words then what I self can provide, but couldn't find. So excuse me if I'm repeating something here or writing in unsensible language Btw. Nice post from that lady about the dancing thing. Good one! ancing:

Quote:

On 2007-10-16 21:14, psy-rat wrote:
200 bpm mentally or by tripping

I don't think so. It wount directly cause nightmares if your doing 200 bpm (see Elad's example of 170 bpm). It realy does depend on the vibe and creator behind the track. What I first thought when I read your topic was 'kid/person on acid, not being all comfortble on a party, music is dark oriented, fast and confusing'. That my friend, will create one hell of a bad trip (Aka. nightmare) for that person not doing so well amongs all of those people. It can be extremly confusing, cold and childlike lost without it's mother 'state of mind' for a person if he or her isn't comfy with that fast mad raving confusing music (go away, find a quite place, nature, chill area *breath'n'relax* gather your head). It will be hard to settle the mind and 'take' control over thoughts, feelings and orientation. When the music is raging hundreds of miles pr minute at those cercumstances, it can be hard to handle. And then the nightmare might start. The confusion will kick in and the mind will get lost in the twister.

A smart man on a previous page me wrote that "nightmare? put on some (beatless) drone" music and you'll see a magical dark and scary but more controlling tripper dimension (as the daggadaggadaggadidagg isn't taking your mind on total confusion "no mind rest" trip). Drone can make you piss on your self it's so deliciously frightening. Fast scary bpm dark music isn't scary in the same sense imo. It just has a better way of confusing and putting you out of mind control.

I love fast bpm. Psykovsky, Furiouse, Derango, Osom ect are delightful acts that KNOWs how to psychedelicly twist your nut in the ,,right" way. My problem these days (getting tierd of all this dark bpm'n'fx oriented music) is that it's all build on low premesis and doesnt have anything else going for them then the fashion their in (taste is taste of course and there is ALWAYS examples that shows the light) and the "schock" value. Marilyn Manson gave me enough clever shock value. This is a psychedelic culture, not a rage and heavy-metal culture. I have a slogan that I like a lot: "To be a producer of psychedelic music comes important responsibilities. Think about it, your responsible for someones trip" .. I mean, where would you like to take your listener? To a insaneasylum which tries to fake psychedia with twisted horror sounds and killer fast bpm's, or would you like to show that listener something unique, something scary but still wow smart feels great - got chills down my spine this realy lead me to a place I've never been? Of course, theres always that "can't handle it, get out of the kitchen" fair enough lol

Funny track Elad. I lol'ed

One little note. Please people, close your eyes and trance dance a little. I get all Paranoid with all of your eyes staring at me ^^ lol

Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Nov 22, 2007 13:01
This music does not bring dark thoughts, in the sense that a nice film like Event Horizon (to give an example of a film that most trancers are familiar with), brings to mind.
It makes me think of K-ed up, teenage candy ravers with whistles, blowing to the beat, wearing them big furry boots and have those body paint Mitsubishi marks on their cheeks and foreheads.
I think a lot of people in this thread are closet gabba lovers.
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Nov 22, 2007 15:09
Isn't most Candy Ravers in to full-on? (Pink&Slippers, your not Danish by any chanse, are you? The candy ravers around Copenhagen are living strong) I guess I'm getting old, I don't have control over the trends any longer
KinetiX

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Nov 22, 2007 22:52
When bpm is more than 170-180, it is not a psy, i think!
This is hard core!!!          ---={ G o a S p a c e T e a m }=---
Tony Exciter

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Nov 23, 2007 05:57
I`m playing usually 150-160 bpm...for me and my dancing friends it`s enough =)           The planet is fine. The people are fucked!
Soul Kontakt
Soul Kontakt

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Nov 23, 2007 13:09
Quote:

On 2007-10-17 00:32, Basilisk wrote:
You know what will be really interesting? Darkpsy at 135 BPM and thereabouts. Devic was working on such a piece and I really liked the idea... at faster tempos it starts to sound a bit like noise (although Osom and co do a wicked job of spicing it up at this tempo)... but down below, well... the darkness can expand into something truly magnificent when in capable hands... so far the trend has been increasing speeds, but just wait for that to reverse as darkpsy merges back into techtrance...

I totally agree with you man music at 200bpm is too fast to be danced to or even to be clean enough to give you a dark intense trip as is supposed to be at night in a Trance party! I think the slower tempo gives you more space to bring on dark intelligent atmospheres and sounds plus it makes it more intense not like you can hear only the beat! For the the beat is there for the body but then the story around the beat is what really really counts!           Boom :)

SOUL KONTAKT - 12th Planet new track on www.myspace.com/soulkontakt
Soul Kontakt Live for demo or booking email soulkontakt@hotmail.com
www.soulkontakt.com
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Nov 29, 2007 18:38
Quote:

On 2007-11-22 22:52, KinetiX wrote:
When bpm is more than 170-180, it is not a psy, i think!
This is hard core!!!

Well, it's not excacly the bpm which decides on it being psychedelic or not, it's what it does to you while being effected. Something profound and unexplainible. It, the music has to interact, similate the effect of the psychedelic substance in question. Anyway.. Highcosmos / Cosmo, Furious and Osom (to name some) are masters of high bpm, playful and damn trippy psychedelic trance music sure creates the 'psy'

(awsome lol)

(ooohhh..)

(lol shades are kewl mmkay..)

(ooohh,, nice, again)

Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Nov 29, 2007 23:55
Edit: I ment 'imitate', not 'similate' Sorry about that and this post.
- I guess you can look at the word 'similtate' as a mix of 'simulate' and 'imitate' lol

Fria Tantrumm

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Dec 3, 2007 04:49
So I am compelled to say something in regard to this bpm discussion. While I myself enjoy high bpm music, occasionally and not for prolonged periods of time, the ensuing race these days to make "faster and faster" music seems to be a bit counter productive. Now i will speak from a purely biological point of view. Proven scientific facts
The thing I notice these days is the pioneers of high bpm music in this scene seem to use a similar palate of sounds, the trend is to go faster and more chaotic with acoustics averaging a frequency that has a major unconscious psychological impact...
"On dissection of the brains of these mice, highly abnormal neuronal growth patterns were found in the hippocampus region, with excessive dendritic branches growing out in all directions yet making few connections to other neurons; the hippocampus region is known to be important in learning and memory formation. Significant increases in messenger RNA, which is involved in memory formation, were also found. This latter effect probably corresponds to the increase in dendritic branching, as if the brains were persistently attempting to make sense out the sound stimulus, but could not."

Also high BPM music tends to induce high levels of cortisol in the blood stream This is the same effect one would get from drinking a huge ammount of black coffee...so while this might be OK for short period of time...eventually its just a huge strain on the heart.
All of this is going on nascently within us when acoustically we pick up such sounds. While it might have a pleasurable effect initially, an adverse reaction by the body is the simplest surest way to tell if something is beneficial or not. So while nightmares might not be caused by 200 BPM music...alot of other stuff is going on. The trick is to make it fast, yet harmonious and uncluttered using sounds whose frequencies would fall in the 5000-8000 hz range..The subconscious effect would be far more pleasing. But its the nature of our era and our age to be fast and freaky, and most of us go about it in an uneducated, insensitive manner. If one would clearly understand what exact impact the sound is having on the body, and with that knowledge make the music, like Beethoven, who couldn't discernably hear anything but could feeel all the sounds. Unfortunately that requires a degree of sensitivity and true and complete knowledge and understanding of sound.

SORRY FOR GETTING SO TECHNICAL
Fractal Cowboys : Post Singularity COMING SOON :)
Orestis : Recursice Consciousness OUT
Psykovsky: Na Ve Ka is OUT!
AstRoMetriX
Astrometrix

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Dec 4, 2007 18:37
nicely put fria...

TECHNICAL IS GOOD
*lovenlight*

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Dec 4, 2007 19:03
thank u for giving me an insight into the technicalities.
very interesting...

especially since i think anything more than 160-170bpm is like a machine gun in my brain .....grggrgrgrgrgrgrgrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
noise noise noise.

"END THE OCCUPATION!"

"We cant solve the problems that we created with the same thinking that created them"
TAS
Toxic Anger Syndrome

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Dec 5, 2007 01:11
Hehe... some ppl are really funny in here =)

Love all the "self elected experts" that Isratrance has

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Toxic-Anger-Syndrome/92541329414
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cut-the-Cheese/148402755958
http://www.youtube.com/Trollhelltown
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Dec 5, 2007 01:38
Anything above 155 is shit...period

ps - and on a few occasions tracks upto 160 have been special

Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 200 bpm can cause nightmares?
← Prev Page
6 7 8 9 10 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance