First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

140 bpm

coSmiIic r080t0n3
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Mar 22, 2007 07:36
for me bpm is nothing (i admit that for years i was judgind music by it s bpm)
neah.... music is for listening, dancing and feeling
difference between 144 and 155 is just another level of consciousness ..... u may not agree on that .. but that means u listen to mi-ni-mal techno
try not having any opinion about music . just listen . psy chill ? speedcore ? wateva

Peace...

Respect!           - - - - - - - -
It's time to move on to the next step in the psychedelic revolution. We've reached a certain point, but we're not moving any more.
Ken Kesey
Soul Kontakt
Soul Kontakt

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Mar 31, 2007 23:53
i don't think the bpm is what matters most i think it's every single sound put into a track, the expressions and the general flow of the track...basically the feeling, the psychedelic experience in a piece of innovative futuristic music!           Boom :)

SOUL KONTAKT - 12th Planet new track on www.myspace.com/soulkontakt
Soul Kontakt Live for demo or booking email soulkontakt@hotmail.com
www.soulkontakt.com
OpenSourceCode
Datavore

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Apr 6, 2007 20:29
i rock it between 63 and 115 normally!
although these days I'm writing a lot of 145. Maybe there's a full-on set in me somewhere!
mudpeople
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Apr 6, 2007 20:51
BPM matters only when you pay attention to it, and even then, only when you know how fast it is. At a party, is there a BPM counter above the dj? Or in your head? Cuz I can never tell. And, too, if the dj changes the bpm through the set, smoothly, you'll never notice the difference! Ive started a mix at 147 and gone up to 154, without it being noticeable.

And, if its all the same speed, it gets monotonous!

Its all up to the artists.

And there's plenty of 140 bpm prog as well as full on out there right now.

Its all about preference anyway.

Telling an artist or dj that they should play a song in a certain bpm is just like asking a dj to play requests. If you want that, there are places you can find it. But, as a dj, if someone came up to me and asked me to play a certain song or a certain speed Id probably be offended. I mean, the promoters trust us as djs to do what we do, so why don't you?

As coSmiIic r080t0n3 said, try to keep an open mind! Are you judging the music even before you hear it? Try not to think of what it is or is not. Let it be! And dance, have fun, its a party! Its only a drag if you make it one! And I for one am tired of the vibe-thieves, who seem to come to parties just to see what they can ridicule... C'mon, so you don't like it, let us who do have our fun!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 140 bpm
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance