First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

140 bpm

astralseeker

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Mar 12, 2007 03:52
a long time ago, in another life and on another plantet

"goa trance" has lots of 140 bpm tracks.

why today tracks are progressive ones at 136 or full on ones at 146 ???

ASTARTICA
Astartica

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Mar 12, 2007 05:23
Quote:

On 2007-03-12 03:52, astralseeker wrote:
a long time ago, in another life and on another plantet

"goa trance" has lots of 140 bpm tracks.

why today tracks are progressive ones at 136 or full on ones at 146 ???

i´m not sure what you talking - there are so much sub-genres from "goa-trance" and i think there are still tracks with 140bpm. but anyway - i know "goa" releases from the last century, and they are faster/slower than 140bpm .
my explain:
heartbeat ~ 70bpm (fits with 140)
140+ makes the crowd euphoric and freak out
140- hold the crowd on "earth" (depends on tracks for sure, only bpm analyze)

peace
          fullofpsygressive sounddesign / astartic lab

http://soundcloud.com/astartic-lab
http://astartic-lab.bandcamp.com/
http://sdi-lab.bandcamp.com/
Riton
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Mar 12, 2007 10:56
Jaia - Electricity is 140bpm (on Neo Caine).
One of my favorite tracks right now.           "I went to Goa and all i got was this lousy superiority complex."
jack the tripper
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Mar 12, 2007 11:44
a long time ago blah blah blah blah,this used to happen blah blah blah

phele gana to samaj ley,phir bpm ki baat karna...
-aeon-
Aeon
Posted : Mar 12, 2007 11:56
i find most of my recent work is between 141-143.

bpm shmpm.

Colin OOOD
OOOD/Voice of Cod

Started Topics :  95
Posted : Mar 12, 2007 14:22
Quote:

On 2007-03-12 11:56, -aeon- wrote:

bpm shmpm.

90-150bpm here. Perhaps the topic starter should buy another CD, if he only has two?           Mastering - http://mastering.OOOD.net :: www.is.gd/mastering
OOOD 5th album 'You Think You Are' - www.is.gd/tobuyoood :: www.OOOD.net
www.facebook.com/OOOD.music :: www.soundcloud.com/oood
Contact for bookings/mastering - colin@oood.net
ASTARTICA
Astartica

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Mar 12, 2007 16:43
[/quote]
Perhaps the topic starter should buy another CD, if he only has two?
[/quote]

nothing more to say           fullofpsygressive sounddesign / astartic lab

http://soundcloud.com/astartic-lab
http://astartic-lab.bandcamp.com/
http://sdi-lab.bandcamp.com/
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Mar 12, 2007 18:17
There are plenty of great tracks at about 140...
ZeRo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Mar 12, 2007 18:42
Quote:

On 2007-03-12 05:23, ASTARTICA wrote:
my explain:

peace

as general rules 142-150 charges the arms and feet of the dancers, characteristic of the full on "stomping" where as 125-135 energizes the hips of the dancers think sexy. funky "groove." In between 135-142 the DJ must be especially skilled because these BPMS are not natural dance tempi. I enjoy playing music at this speed because here you start from the head and then work to the rest of the body. . .
          ein chadash tachat hashemesh. there is nothing new under the sun. --kohelet.
astralseeker

Posted : Mar 12, 2007 21:44
Quote:

On 2007-03-12 14:22, Colin OOOD wrote:
Quote:

bpm shmpm.

90-150bpm here. Perhaps the topic starter should buy another CD, if he only has two?

Mister colin I have bought enough cd of goa trance and ambient to sustain the business of 3 labels
An I also advised lots of people on this planet to discover and buy some good cd of this style of music...a kind of free benevol goa commercial adviser if you will

My precedent alias here was ajna and we were in touch 2 years ago when I wrote you mails saying that I liked the "neptune driver " track...
and also the "unconscious collective " hit of 1996

from 93 to 97 there is not 1 cd released that I did not listened and bought 70 % of them... after 97/98 I kept on listening to almost anything released but bought very few %

the topic here was more a bored man notice than anything else

meaning that in the "golden years" of this music lots of beautiful tracks were 138/142 and that nowadays a big part of the production is 136 prog or fullon "end of the times" style between 145 and 150.

I was just doing some litle sets for my page on myspace, using a musical library of aproximately 7000 tracks and I just noticed that I have no trouble finding prog tracks of around and full on ones aroun 146, but then when I started trying to do some set around 140 without using pitch , I just could not find lots of good tracks around that bpm, unless using old tracks....
astralseeker

Posted : Mar 12, 2007 22:10
Quote:

On 2007-03-12 18:42, ZeRo wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-03-12 05:23, ASTARTICA wrote:
my explain:

peace

as general rules 142-150 charges the arms and feet of the dancers, characteristic of the full on "stomping" where as 125-135 energizes the hips of the dancers think sexy. funky "groove." In between 135-142 the DJ must be especially skilled because these BPMS are not natural dance tempi. I enjoy playing music at this speed because here you start from the head and then work to the rest of the body. . .

I do think too that slow bpm like prog or house ones are more "sexy"

So far that I remember, mike maguire, guy sebbag, xavier, andreas (...)even joti sidu used to play most of their sets around 140/142, my favorites bpm 136/143...

(as an example joti first tracks were around 138/142, intellect, seti, psychaos etc...nowadays all of his tracks are 144/148 bpm "acidtrippy the end is closed " style )

lots of first tracks of man with no name, astral, simon, space tribe (...) were around 140

I was just noticing that it seems the old goa trance style with indian voices and sexy grooves (prana: voyager 3, boris blenn: cosmic ocean ...) and bpm around 140 has left the place to the slower prog style (136) often closed to house style music, and "fullon" style (146/150) often closed to the old so called "trance-core" style.
Which does not means that a few artists don't produce 140 bpm tracks or a few dj play around that bpm but for sure they are very rare.

I have nothing against changing and evolutions, I find beautiful and groovy music in all kind of electronic and non electronic music...I was just noticing the evolution of all that

..maybe "zero" is right, 136/142 bpm is not that easy to play and produce...
astralseeker

Posted : Mar 12, 2007 22:21
Quote:

On 2007-03-12 11:44, jack the tripper wrote:
a long time ago blah blah blah blah,this used to happen blah blah blah

phele gana to samaj ley,phir bpm ki baat karna...

sorry, I supposed this kind of topic has already been argued here and there but I was not really and isratrance afficionados in the past 10 years !!!!

and thank you very much indeed mr jack the tripper: thank you for your note, I learnt a lot from it..a kind of satori illumination !!!

the point is not of being passeist and repeating the same old behaviour saying "at that time...everything was so fine" which is not my style at all.

but

1st- studying history and past of all phenomenas is the base of understanding the present and the futur of this phenomen

2nd- whatever you accept it or not, consciously or unconsciously your present tastes and behaviours result from past tastes, behaviours and creations of others

Colin OOOD
OOOD/Voice of Cod

Started Topics :  95
Posted : Mar 13, 2007 00:30
Astralseeker - ah, excuse me, I had no idea we'd spoken. Sorry if I was a little sarcastic in my eariler reply.

Anyway, as we've already established elsewhere on Isra, in those 'golden years' you talk about, a major part of psytrance was also full-on (ie. RAAAAAR) melodic acid frenzy, generally between 145 and 155bpm; I should know as it was partly this end of things that inspired me in the first place - OOOD's first release was 157bpm.

As for the fact that the 'old goa trance style has made way for prog and fullon' - well done for noticing! (sorry, sarcasm there again...) There is more to modern psytrance than just those two genres though - in fact, I think it's partly people's insistence on categorising the music in this way that makes producers/labels go for either one or the other so as to have an easy answer when asked 'what sort of psy do you make/release, prog or full-on?'. Focus less on the genres and you'll discover a world outside those narrow definitions.           Mastering - http://mastering.OOOD.net :: www.is.gd/mastering
OOOD 5th album 'You Think You Are' - www.is.gd/tobuyoood :: www.OOOD.net
www.facebook.com/OOOD.music :: www.soundcloud.com/oood
Contact for bookings/mastering - colin@oood.net
soulfood
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 13, 2007 15:32
I could'nt care if it's 1 - 999 bpm. As long as it works.

I really enjoy dancing to dub at 80. I certainly rather watch people dance at 80... certainly the female of the species. I certainly don't want any restrictions on bpm for a specific genre. I might get cramp or something.

Even 200bpm tunes are really fun to dance to. Just go half time and swing with the groove or whatever the hell you feel like.

Everyone should make "dark-fullon/progressive, dubcore-breaks". Now thats a genre you can set your watch to! It's like a pill with everything you need.

*Yuck*
-aeon-
Aeon
Posted : Mar 14, 2007 13:57
Quote:

On 2007-03-12 14:22, Colin OOOD wrote:
Quote:

bpm shmpm.

90-150bpm here. Perhaps the topic starter should buy another CD, if he only has two?

*waits for OOODCore release*

Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 140 bpm

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance