First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

1200 mics or should I say 1200 mil$

Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Aug 21, 2002 22:00
The new 1200 mics album is due out and to be honest with everyone i was really looking forward to it. i too was caught in the name hype they came up with. It seems that this album though, after careful listening, was made for the sole purpose of making dough! big dough. At the lack of sounding ignorant and blasphemous, who is the voice from Crystal Skulls, cause it seems he signed another "voice" narrator deal with this one... anyway, lets start the review:
track 1, ayahuasca start off where Crystal Skulls left off, same sounds, feelings of that enchanted south american forest.. tribal drumming, after "voice" blabbers on and on about this drug, the music elevates softly to a nice steady beat, they synth come in and a nice melody is going on, pretty good intro. Track 2, hashish is more of the same but now heavier and scratchier with a heavier synth... track 3, mescaline is one of the best tracks in this cd... it sounds like, but im not sure a sun project rmx or at least the guitar's are sampled from it. if that's not the case, then this is a ripoff completley and utterly of sun-project... nevertheless it is powerfull and intense, i even liked the tedious and now somewhat recurring and annoying drug references in the beggining, taken from "fear and loathing". 4, Lsd is not a good track imho, it sounds very much like track 5 from "crystal skulls",but not good... the only thing i liked was the hellicopter samples travellling in my head from left to right like a good dvd surround sound demo. Marijuana, is annyoing with the constant urging you to smoke... Ectacy, 6, features a start with Raja's flute, but to be honest, its not too inventive this time. the riff is cool and the melody is soothing and uplifiting... magic mush. 7, seems like they needed to find another drug and/or track and made it in about 10 minutes... no need to say more. 8 and 9 Salvia divinorum and dmt are good tracks. Salvia was released already on Assi:Nations and DMT is actually a touched up version of the original GMS & Raja Ram - 1200 Mics... this was a great track at the time.... anyway, to conclude this review, imo, the drug refrences were tacky and cheassy at best, they were over done and seemed childish... i dont have a problem with drug ref. in tracks, Simon's LSD is a great sample, so are many of the matrix pills tracks... "voice" man has got to hit the road, he sounds like a encyclopedia britanica guy who is so annoying... I was not impressed by this album, it seemed like it was made for the masses and will probably do great on the dancefloor worldwide... i was disappointed from the fact that the tracks sound very alike... maybe thats why they feel its neccesary to start the track with "magic mushrooms magic mushrooms magic mushrooms etc.." so one could tell the diffrence between tracks. I must say, that the quality of sound was superb and everything was crystal clear. btw, i was not impressed by AP's Aztechno Dream from TIP... last 2 cd's were not that great imho. fav track on this one: 2,3,6.
rating 5/10.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Wako Jako
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Aug 21, 2002 23:10
good review...
and marijuana is a remix to Alien Project - Skunk.
but i guess most ppl know that...
great music for parties.
and i wish everyone in the scene to make money like those ppl....
sound just like raja and gms.

SMILE ! and the whole world will smile right back at you !
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Aug 22, 2002 00:57
great review.
I just shall wait and buy this one as soon as possible           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
bholenath
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Aug 23, 2002 10:41
Is This Album Out....???
Ive Already Read quite a few reviews on an other site but according to psyshop its not out yet...           ....good fudge comes on slow!!!
bholenath
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Aug 23, 2002 10:42
from the reviews of it it sounds very similar too all GMS trax but i love GMS so i aint complaining           ....good fudge comes on slow!!!
Morbidelic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Aug 23, 2002 15:47
This Album Its a one killler party
i like thos bomb from the tip records...
keep it going

Best's tracks : 1,2,3,4,8...

Good Proud...

Peace !

Goblim
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Aug 23, 2002 19:42
:music:
1200 Micrograms - 1200 Mics:music:

I love the tracklist

1: Ayahuasca
2: Hashish
3: Mescaline
:music: 4: L.S.D
5: Marijuana
6: Ecstasy
7: Magic Mushrooms
8: Saliva Divinorum
9: DMT

KILLER TRACKS!

And a review:

This is the album of the year. I LOVE the track names and theme of this album! If you dont understand the track names, search for 1200 Mics at Saikosounds where they explain. All tracks have samples explaining something about the drug. The theme is kept through the whole album. There should be more albums like this one, with themes. Not compilations of some tracks by that artist... Anyway this album is full-on style. Evolving from the GMS and Alien Project sound, but this one has a little more melody. I hope melodies can become more common in psytrance, that's really a big part of a track. But I dont like that the tracks are getting shorter. At least 7 minutes is what you want from a track. Not less than 6, like Ecstasy and DMT. The whole albums is also only around 64 minutes. There would have been room for a 2C-B and Ketamine aswell There is not much to say about the tracks, they have all have the same theme and doesn't sound so different. Best tracks are track 2, 4, 6 and 8, but they are all killers. All tracks on this album are good, and that makes a pure 10/10 doesn't it? More albums like this one, and maybe we can get rid of that AWFUL minimal/progressive stuff that doesn't belong in trance. This is the album of the year, and the best album for a long time. Dont miss it!           Ut ameris, amabilis esto.
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Aug 23, 2002 20:40
Yeladim Mitlahavim mi Samim..... Goblim, i dont understand... just cause it talks about drugs in a glorified way makes it the album of the year? btw, are you on some right now? dont get me wrong, ive done more than my fair share of drugs in my life, pretty much everything under the sun, but geez! why are you so excited? you said yourself the tracks sound the same... i really get more annyoed at this album as i try t listen to it more... money making scheme!           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Wako Jako
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Aug 23, 2002 20:57
PsyScythe i think you are the one with the problem here.
im sorry.
the man (goblim) heard the album.
and liked it alot.
he also liked the idea that it has a theme.
and tell the truth i like the idea too.
it doesnt matter what is the theme.
just the idea is good.
raja did it before with crystal skulls.
which was very good too...
imho the samples here are sometimes not so "smart"...
but at least it goes all the way in this direction...
and you dude look like a guy who botherd by others having fun.
thats just what i think.
and if you are so much annoyed then stop listening to it...
i think this album is exactly what u may expect from raja and gms.
for good or bad.
and ppl who get it, know it.
take it or leave it.

SMILE ! and the whole world will smile right back at you !
Dr Gonzo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Aug 23, 2002 21:18
great post Goblim !
i'm with u wako, i like those projects from raja and the tip crew , unique may i say may these guys will keep reigning the full on forever...
          I want you to understand that this man at the wheel is my attorney. He's not just some dingbat I found on the strip, man. He's a foreigner. I think he's probably Samoan. But that doesn't matter, though, does it? Are you prejudiced?
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Aug 23, 2002 21:49
I just hope it will be released already, so i can hear it already.
BTW Goblim, you surely made a colourful review.
          Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Goblim
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Aug 23, 2002 22:31
Yeah, it took me some time But fun wasn't it?           Ut ameris, amabilis esto.
NEO
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  27
Posted : Aug 23, 2002 22:31
a realy good review.....
these cd is not my cup of chai....
frankly all these style of astrix alien project is not my cup of chai....
im realy sad that thats the development of trance goes....
lets hope for the best
Summum Bonum
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  69
Posted : Aug 24, 2002 02:34
I don't like the concept, but the albom is killer for sure 10/10.

Fav's are 2, 3!, 4, 6,7!, & 8!.            "Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Aug 24, 2002 15:14
To Bholenath, you're right this album will be available (according to TIP World) on 2 September.

I quite agree with Psyscythe about his review.

Concerning The concept around drugs with tracknames called with a different substance, my thought is that is simply a big "T.I.P's promo tip" to make bigger buzz about 1200 Mic's.

As If T.I.P World was needed to do this to encounter good sells...

BTW, the concept works as everybody talk about it ,even me with this message.

Favourites:3,2.
I like also 1&6.
Mark:only 7/10 (Too GMS sounding but in a lowest quality)
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - 1200 mics or should I say 1200 mil$

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance