Started Topics :  127
Posted : Aug 24, 2002 20:59
freakin good C.D.

Great layout.
Loved the drugs concept.
Great music.
Great artists.
Amazing for parties!

absolutly one of the best albums this year!

FULL ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaatisu
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Aug 24, 2002 23:16
Very fun post Goblim
and yeah I'm really looking forward to this fun album
Why not go crazy with pure fun?
bholenath
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Aug 27, 2002 17:22
This is Just tooooooooooo good...people say that the drug samples are cheezy but its mainly full on party music...
fav traz are
Mescaline
Hashish           ....good fudge comes on slow!!!
Hodi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Sep 2, 2002 12:57
GMS make LOTS OF tracks
they don't think! they just make tracks,
same samples
same structure
same everything!
they could do a lot better
and this album is boring... i would give it 5/10
btw i like the samples ;-)
my favorite track is mescaline tough i haven't heard all of the albums... only 3 tracks
but by 3 tracks i can tell you it's not that good.           u can find "Anything U Want" using the search...
Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Sep 2, 2002 17:52
Well...i listend to this Album a couple of times, and the soundwork and the mastering of this album is great. but its way to noisy for me and this style is all the same over and over.
in my opinion i give it : 5.5/10

(-:"The Psychoactive Is So Powerfull
Since The Discovery Of L.S.D"
:-)
Wako Jako
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Sep 2, 2002 21:00
GMS.
ppl either LOVE them.
or HATE them.
period.
btw - i LOVE them.

SMILE ! and the whole world will smile right back at you !
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Sep 2, 2002 21:40
well... i dont love/hate them.

just stoped listening to them           if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Sep 2, 2002 21:59
wow, although my comments were pretty harsh at first... and im sorry if i sounded too critical of the album and of other people's opinions... i see that other folks also share my view that its very redundant, commercial and redundant... did i mention its redundant?           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Hodi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Sep 2, 2002 23:16
so why i see many of the tracks on this albums on many ppl's top 10?

it is commercial and sounds the same
gms is making too much music
they should rest and think before they create something!
remember!
it's about QUALITY, NOT QUANTITY!           u can find "Anything U Want" using the search...
Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Sep 3, 2002 00:18
In the beginning, there was GMS. Then came Alien Project with great talent, and started copying GMS. GMS noticed that Alien Project did some good things, and added a few of those tricks into their music. Along came Astrix, and in his own way did what Alien Project was doing - and when Atomic Pulse started using the same formula too (after working a lot with Astrix), it came as no surprise. And Alien Project took some Astrix ideas from time to time and so on.

That's the story of this album. It's a copy, of a copy of a copy. What once was very good and moving is now nothing more than a faded idea that we've seen in way too many places. Didn't hear all this album, but it bored the hell out of me after the first track, let alone the second. From GMS this is no surprise, but I expected Raja Ram to contribute some of the magic from his other projects (like Cyberbabas) into this.

There is something as too much of a good thing, and let me remind you people, that up until late 1998, I was a GMS fan

[ This Message was edited by: kaz on 2002-09-03 00:21 ]          http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Sep 3, 2002 00:40
This is no special album at all.

I liked ecstasy which seemed like a Zorba track and Salvia Divinorum which was already released on Assasinations.
Those guys at TIP are running out of ideas and they just release shitty things like the 1200 Mics album and the Alien Project album.
I except much more.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Kaatisu
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Sep 5, 2002 09:02
Special to you or not, it's as effective as all the other GMS releases on the dancefloor. You've got a crowd of people that are going crazy and there's just this wonderful crazy music going here and there and everywhere and making them wanna dance even harder (and most of them couldn't tell GMS from Shiva Chandra) and most of them are enjoying, say, their hashish, or their acid, or their ecstasy, or all at once, and then some sample comes talking about their favorite drug as the music gets even more intense and now they're flying and and some are crying and everythings happening too fast to even think "wow."

In my opinion, that's why GMS or 1200 mics or whatever can and should keep making tracks which may seem to us freaks in the minority (who've been to party after party and collect and analyze psytrance tracks) to be boring. It's all just more pure fun on the dance floor. There is a place for that formula and it's found around the peak of the full-on party.
Wako Jako
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Sep 5, 2002 09:34
i agree.

SMILE ! and the whole world will smile right back at you !
Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Sep 5, 2002 11:05
Kaatisu: Around the peak of a full-on party I'd prefer Prometheus, Wierdo Bierdo, GBU or whatever over this style. And people who can't tell the difference between GMS and Shiva Chandra are nearly as annoying as the people who make music for them.

The fact is this - you can make somthing with a formula and it'll be dancefloor friendly. You can totally surprise the person who listens to a track, and if done right - he'll go nuts. Once you forget that - you'll end up being nothing more than mediocre. And that's what this album is, in the best case.           http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Sep 5, 2002 11:48
I aggree with Kaz.

Just because something works on the dancefloor because it contains the word hashish or Lsd in it doesnt mean that it is good music.
And yes if you cant tell GMS from Shiva Chandra then you have a very big listening problem.
I dont even dare to compare artists like Deedrah/Synthetic and Hallucinogen/Younger Brother with GMS and Alien Project,the differences between them are HUGE in every aspect like production quality and innovative ideas.
We have reached a point where we cant tell whether a track is made from Astrix or Alien Project or Atomic Pulse and we also cant tell whether a track is made by GMS or Alien Project or Zorba or 1200 Mics,they all sound exactly the same and this sucks.
Sorry but my opinion is that in a couple of years TIP World will be bankrupted again because the last year its been releasing shitty stuff.It has happened once it will happen twice remember my words.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - 1200 mics or should I say 1200 mil$
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance