Author

05/06/2005 = Dj Filip [Ticon]

.:projEct:.

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 29, 2005 02:34
SUNDAY 05/06/2005

SAMAKA CLUB - PSATHA / ALEPOCHORI - ATTIKI

projEct presents :

Dj Filip [TICON] (Sweden/Digital Structures)

Dj Maik Raiza (Greece)

Dj Panos S (Greece)

Event starts 12 noon ends 12 midnight - ! BRING YOUR SWIMMING GEAR !

Entry Fee : 20 e

Info on Alepochori/Psatha :
http://welcome.to/alepochori
acidonacid
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : May 29, 2005 13:53

Is involved the ususal crew or no?           
Open your mind...
Moonsun
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : May 29, 2005 14:39
Great party Mike ,, hearing ticon in the morning with the sun set ,exellent
CRX(HSS Records)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : May 29, 2005 21:20
u want to make us crazy ppl?
b there for the afterparty and for some dives!
respect,
CRX,athens           Helicon Sounds Music
www.hssr.gr
The Spider

Started Topics :  3
Posted : May 30, 2005 02:16
Good luck           the last night of trancentrall
www.psynews.net
SKOUDOUFLIS
Inactive User

Started Topics :  4
Posted : May 30, 2005 02:22
Nice party,have fun           don't play with us.............
smurfs are all over the place,be wear.....
you pussys
atlanticark

Posted : Jun 3, 2005 14:25
Refreshing. Alepoxori is not the best place anymore but with a bit of help this may turn out to be a great evening. Full support for this one and for the following one with Seb+Marcus
odysseus
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Jun 3, 2005 16:25
very intersting event..
filip(ticon) will rock alepohoriiiii !!
respect..
Iraklis Mindphaser
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jun 4, 2005 03:32

All the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My regards to mike, one of the top progressive
djs\mixers in Greece!!!
Correct his name.... Mike Riza
itche

Posted : Jun 6, 2005 12:05
The party was a "cake"....
1.Bad "tiesto" like music especially before Filip.
2.Filip had an average set more appropriate for psiri nightlife
3.The sound was a nausea.
4.And finally the guy at the door who was like a reversion o "popay the sailorman" was a disgusting guy with no maner at all.."bourtzos"

Hope we dont have to see these kind of parties again.We would like a more detailed information so we can avoid them easier in the future.
odysseus
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jun 6, 2005 12:14
really???
thats bad......
Lunatix

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jun 6, 2005 12:19
itche this is really bad i think.if this thinks that u say its real,cause i didnt gone to that party so i cant have an opinion but i think ticon its not a "cake".
No rErSpEcT...
itche

Posted : Jun 6, 2005 12:42
First of all the "cake" was for the whole arrangment.
Second Filips set was more like a "drunk night in Venue" set than a Real Ticon set.

odysseus
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jun 6, 2005 12:48
how many ppl were there?
atlanticark

Posted : Jun 6, 2005 12:55
Goodmorning Isratrancers

It was Sunday noon and the heat in Athens was unbearable. So I talked a couple of friends into visiting Alepoxori for a good meal by the sea and for the Party at Samaka where Filip was going to play. A couple of hours later we were enjoying our food under the hot sun, right next to the beach.

Happy and full we made our way to Psatha Beach. What a shock. Everything that is wrong with our little country could be seen within a 100 square meters in and around the party venue. An overcrowded, ugly beach, raided by hordes of Athenians showing off their cabrio cars and sun-tanned bodies, with no sense of chilling-out attitude anywhere in sight. Two competing cafe-bars, one, Samaka, playing some kind of electronic music the other one opting for a mixture of the latest in Greek music and the worst of eurotrash. Standing on the beach you could just listen both outputs creating a surreal yet really disturbing mixture of sonic mayhem. On the plus side the view was excellent and the sun was hot.

We sought refuge in Samaka. We paid obediently the 20 euros at the entrance. Isn’t that a bit too much for an afternoon event with just one guest and no deco or decent sound? Well according to the chick at the door it wasn’t! The really funny doorman insisted on stamping our hands so we could walk in and out of the bar freely. We did not like the idea but then again I rarely argue with people who can not regulate their cocaine habit. They get really uptight, really fast.

In the bar we got some shade and a couple of cool drinks. But the following hour was an ordeal. The club looked like an MTV commercial with people dancing pretentiously to an incomprehensible, cheesy euro-trance of the TIESTO variety. At that point I started getting worried that my ass would be seriously kicked by the friends I had brought with me. So, it was time for some crisis management. In other words it was time for alcohol.

At about 7 o’ clock Swedish star Filip came to our rescue. By opening with an X-Dream, to wash away the bad spirits, and continuing with successive Ticon bombs he managed to restore some sanity in our very disturbed, alcohol-raided brains. From then on smiles returned to our faces as Filip was playing out old and new Digital Structure stuff. At points his set was a bit too static and overloaded with Son-Kite and Atmos last year’s hits but then again compared to what our ears were exposed to, during the first hour, Filip’s music sounded like a divine treat.

I am by no means a sound expert but then again neither were the organizers. Relying solely on the bar’s equipment was a big, big mistake as the distortion of the music was audible even to my amateur ears.

Well nothing much more to say. After all a party is what you make of it and we had great fun with all the good friends we met there. That said, I don’t consider my 20 euros well-spent and I was left bemused by the fact that there are organizers who even when they have the best of conditions (a hot sun, a beach bar and a decent location) they can still manage to screw things up, big time.

Have a good week!

P.S Odysseus it is difficult to calculate how many people got in and out of the club but i would say that there were about 400 paying guests. Good to raise the issue though. 300 to 400 people x 20euros... Well do the math.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Greece - 05/06/2005 = Dj Filip [Ticon]

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance