Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - You better watch this...

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

You better watch this...

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Jan 23, 2014 10:28:41

---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Jan 23, 2014 20:04
This is great, living the dream!
Colin OOOD

Started Topics :  95
Posted : Jan 23, 2014 20:42
Inspirational.           Mastering - http://mastering.OOOD.net :: www.is.gd/mastering
OOOD 5th album 'You Think You Are' - www.is.gd/tobuyoood :: www.OOOD.net
www.facebook.com/OOOD.music :: www.soundcloud.com/oood
Contact for bookings/mastering - colin@oood.net
Midnight Sun
ProtoDrive

Started Topics :  91
Posted : Jan 24, 2014 03:54
Interesting yes but I don't really find this necesary.
In a personal point of view if you want to actually play your songs live you better get into a Band, in which you can express through an instrument in a more direct way, electronic music has a different purpose IMO. It's like the special thing about electronic music it's in the studio process. Of course if you can make a better live experience bringing some elements to be played live it's great, but the great effort you make it on the studio, making those high quality processed sounds that wont get out from any live synth. Playing this way would take all the composition story.. but yes, jamming is fun
          ProtoDrive https://soundcloud.com/protodrive
Padmapani

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jan 24, 2014 04:37
Quote:

On 2014-01-24 03:54, Midnight Sun wrote:
In a personal point of view if you want to actually play your songs live you better get into a Band, in which you can express through an instrument in a more direct way, electronic music has a different purpose IMO. It's like the special thing about electronic music it's in the studio process. Of course if you can make a better live experience bringing some elements to be played live it's great, but the great effort you make it on the studio, making those high quality processed sounds that wont get out from any live synth. Playing this way would take all the composition story.. but yes, jamming is fun

agreed. i guess it works for the boring minimal that they make, but in psytrance i expect more
B-recluse
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  147
Posted : Jan 24, 2014 16:00
great way !!! and love it i love nature and i think music is a cosmic thing , you don't have to follow it ! but worth try it !
frisbeehead
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jan 24, 2014 16:31
Quote:

On 2014-01-24 04:37, Padmapani wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-01-24 03:54, Midnight Sun wrote:

agreed. i guess it works for the boring minimal that they make, but in psytrance i expect more

it doesn't matter what kind of music they make. that's down to personal taste, and that's the most subjective thing.

the emphasis they put on "making it as human as possible" isn't genre specific. and actually makes a lot of sense, even for psychedelic EDM. if you look close enough, they mention that you can previously prepare the elements and midi clips to then engage in a journey of sound and let yourself go and see what comes up.

(you see, I actually think this video is the answer to the "lack of inspiration" thread, someone started a few days ago.)

if the process becomes a routine, where you just do the same over and over, you'll get exactly the same results every single time (even programming synths). and with time that becomes frustrating, that you're just repeating yourself. so any artist has to deal with that, and usually just going with your gut and not over thinking everything is the answer - and it's self empowering.

and trust me on this one, you may one day realize that what you've put aside, like this boring minimal music, may just grow on you over time, so watch out for that!

there's no psychedelic trance sounds or minimal sounds, there's only sound.
Sgt-Kabukiman

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 24, 2014 18:35
Quote:

Considering their creative ('human') live shows as Son Kite, I'd doubt that 'boring minimal' is the criterium for their style to work...
Midnight Sun
ProtoDrive

Posted : Jan 25, 2014 00:13
Quote:

On 2014-01-24 18:35, Sgt-Kabukiman wrote:
Quote:

Considering their creative ('human') live shows as Son Kite, I'd doubt that 'boring minimal' is the criterium for their style to work...

Yes I also believe that saying "boring minimal" is so respective.. I respect very much the variety of music. But for an "electronic trance" purpose playing this way is just an option in my opinion.           ProtoDrive https://soundcloud.com/protodrive
Sgt-Kabukiman

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 25, 2014 12:40
Quote:

On 2014-01-25 00:13, Midnight Sun wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-01-24 18:35, Sgt-Kabukiman wrote:
Quote:

Yes I also believe that saying "boring minimal" is so respective.. I respect very much the variety of music. But for an "electronic trance" purpose playing this way is just an option in my opinion.

Yes, I totally agree. Claiming a certain way of production to be the only valid way is ridiculous, no matter what that way might look like.
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Jan 25, 2014 13:27
I like their vision of the whole thing.
The same thing can be done in psy-trance (if promoters pay excess luggage/insurance for your gear, where hardware is available off course), you just to do things a lot faster as a psy-trance set is a lot more involving than their music, which I also like by the way.           
http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
klippel
Stereofeld

Posted : Jan 26, 2014 13:58
its very inspirational and i love how they came up with style and way of working that perfectly fits together.. long and spacious tracks with time to play and evolve things. of course its not "psytrance" but in many ways its more psychedelic than a lot of information overloaded trance that is blasted onto you at festivals nowadays.

shame they stopped minilogue now at the projects absolute peak..
          http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/stereofeld-frequenzwechsel
"I've always been a believer in musical repetition to draw in the listener and make the music hypnotic. Another thing I believe in is repetition." Alan Parsons
klippel
Stereofeld

Posted : Jan 26, 2014 13:58
and make sure you also watch the other videos of them where they show all the gear setup and more..
          http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/stereofeld-frequenzwechsel
"I've always been a believer in musical repetition to draw in the listener and make the music hypnotic. Another thing I believe in is repetition." Alan Parsons
Ancient Alien
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Jan 26, 2014 15:17
Quote:

On 2014-01-26 13:58, klippel wrote:
its very inspirational and i love how they came up with style and way of working that perfectly fits together.. long and spacious tracks with time to play and evolve things. of course its not "psytrance" but in many ways its more psychedelic than a lot of information overloaded trance that is blasted onto you at festivals nowadays.

shame they stopped minilogue now at the projects absolute peak..

*2           https://soundcloud.com/ancientaliengoa

Goa for life
Flowertz
Flowertz

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jan 27, 2014 10:33
the best inspirational video I have seen in long time..full of ideas, input and positive energy..just great!

thanks for sharing           https://soundcloud.com/flowertz
Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - You better watch this...

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance