First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

WoW Movie, 2011, $100 mil budget

Axis Mundi
Axis Mundi

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Oct 14, 2009 11:55:22
WTF! That budget is bigger than Lord of the Rings.
XuN
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  84
Posted : Oct 14, 2009 14:26
Can't wait!!!           www.xun.dk / myspace.com/xundk
!!PLUR!!
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Oct 14, 2009 20:23
I hope it turns a mega flop and studios will stop producing movies that are based on games.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
J

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Oct 14, 2009 21:46
Dude, not all of us are geeks to figure out that WoW means World Of Warcraft.
I had to fucking Google it.

On topic, I saw the trailer. People insist in based on games.

I'm with you Pavel.
Don't get used to it though!
Axis Mundi
Axis Mundi

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Oct 14, 2009 23:26
Quote:
I hope it turns a mega flop and studios will stop producing movies that are based on games.

Sadly, it won't.

http://www.adultswim.co.uk/video/index.jsp?maven_playerId=adultswimvideomain&maven_referralPlaylistId=a4a07edbef652122be3bf31d9c921b8601340751&maven_referralObject=4168087
Pavel
Troll

Posted : Oct 15, 2009 18:04
Quote:

On 2009-10-14 23:26, Axis Mundi wrote:
Quote:
I hope it turns a mega flop and studios will stop producing movies that are based on games.

Sadly, it won't.

http://www.adultswim.co.uk/video/index.jsp?maven_playerId=adultswimvideomain&maven_referralPlaylistId=a4a07edbef652122be3bf31d9c921b8601340751&maven_referralObject=4168087

It will. No game based movie was ever successful. Not even a movie based on the best selling game ever (Super Mario Brothers) ever succeed.
The only movie that could become a success, Halo by the guy that made District 9 and Peter Jackson fell flat because of the corporate bigwigs.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Vermeee
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  108
Posted : Oct 20, 2009 23:44
u cant compare a WOW movie as a GAME MOVIEe...there s nothing to do with it

whoever tried WOW or any mmorpg knows it...

wow s more than a game, they have created a paralell reality that for u it seems stupid but for those 11 million accounts it aint...

they ve stolen ( or gaven it dependin on the point of view ) ^real life^ from all those people and u can see WOW nowadays in the same pattern as STAR WARS or lord of the ring imo.. An huge empire of fans and even people livin only for this....nothing to do with HALO or SUPER MAIOR BROTHER...

or better u can compare WOW as the trance scene, we have some people on earth livin only for psytrance, we also have now a world of warcraft empire....

this movie will problably be a sucess as big as lord of the rings and stupid wow players will say it s the best movie ever... even if its shit...

( ow and im not a wow player , i hate it in fact, i play everquest rofl)

http://soundcloud.com/bgos
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Oct 21, 2009 00:27
Big budgets dont make good movies,especially when they dont know how to spend the money.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Pavel
Troll

Posted : Oct 21, 2009 08:26
Quote:

On 2009-10-20 23:44, Vermeee wrote:
u cant compare a WOW movie as a GAME MOVIEe...there s nothing to do with it

whoever tried WOW or any mmorpg knows it...

wow s more than a game, they have created a paralell reality that for u it seems stupid but for those 11 million accounts it aint...

they ve stolen ( or gaven it dependin on the point of view ) ^real life^ from all those people and u can see WOW nowadays in the same pattern as STAR WARS or lord of the ring imo.. An huge empire of fans and even people livin only for this....nothing to do with HALO or SUPER MAIOR BROTHER...

or better u can compare WOW as the trance scene, we have some people on earth livin only for psytrance, we also have now a world of warcraft empire....

this movie will problably be a sucess as big as lord of the rings and stupid wow players will say it s the best movie ever... even if its shit...

( ow and im not a wow player , i hate it in fact, i play everquest rofl)

Yea, it will fail. Mark my words.
Lord of the rings was a trilogy that earned $ 2,915,155,189 in box office.
All the games based movies combined didn't earn that much.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
XuN
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 22, 2009 00:24
Pavel > 11 million online users paying $12 to see the movie = 132 Million...

Then comes all of their friends and people that quit wow and family... let's just say everyone brings a friend... Now we are at 264 Million.

And that would be a very low figure, when you think of the hype this game has got...

I think it's gonna be a very interresting movie. I do think thou, that people that are playing wow will enjoy it more than other people...           www.xun.dk / myspace.com/xundk
!!PLUR!!
Pavel
Troll

Posted : Oct 22, 2009 00:30
Ok, let's do some math again
Super Mario the game (On NES only, no SNES and no Wii versions of the game): over 40 Million copies sold
Super Mario the movie: Budget over 40 Million $ and gross revenue: 20 Million $
WoW the movie will suck as the game.
Nobody including the kids that play that crap at home will go and watch it. Mark my words.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
XuN
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 22, 2009 01:24
Pavel > I am not talking about the first 11 million who payed for the game... I am talking about the 11 million who is currently subscribing...           www.xun.dk / myspace.com/xundk
!!PLUR!!
Djones
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  267
Posted : Oct 22, 2009 21:29
Quote:

On 2009-10-21 00:27, DETOX wrote:
Big budgets dont make good movies,especially when they dont know how to spend the money.

Besides they make movies for the mainstream people, and mainstream people don't like good movies.
Pavel
Troll

Posted : Oct 22, 2009 21:48
Quote:

On 2009-10-22 21:29, Djones wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-10-21 00:27, DETOX wrote:
Big budgets dont make good movies,especially when they dont know how to spend the money.

Besides they make movies for the mainstream people, and mainstream people don't like good movies.

That is sooo ignorant. And all the non mainstream people watch Lars fucking von Trier?           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Login
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  65
Posted : Oct 25, 2009 06:03
Super mario bros movie was one of the worst movies I have seen.

The problems i that many succeful videogames arent a hit by their history but by their game mechanics, and flow.

Mayve Half-Life could be adapated for a good movie.           "The dedication to repetition — the search for nirvana in a single held tone or an endlessly cycling rhythm — is one of electronic music's noblest gestures."
Trance Forum » » Forum  Movies - WoW Movie, 2011, $100 mil budget

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance