Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - VooV Experience 2003 (Germany - 8-10. August)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VooV Experience 2003 (Germany - 8-10. August)

pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Aug 11, 2003 21:06
Aaaaah - back from one of europes biggest festivals, VooV Experience 2003, and just like last year it was a great experience.

My story:

Me and some friends arrived thursday evening around midnight, put up our tent and went to sleep around 2.

Around 8-9 it was getting hot in our tent, so we had to get up, and we spent the day walking around the area meeting some friends, trying to make some shade around our tent, and shopping in the super market in Putlitz.

At 22:00 the music finally started. It was an interesting opening with Gangagiri - playing australian music on traditional australian instruments. I found it a bit too long, and there was too much shouting in the microphone.

Jeevan started spinning at 23:00, and he played an ok set (not very progressive though) with some well known full on tracks like Astrix etc. The highlight of his set was Protoculture - New Directions. Although I like Sven Loopings music as Charasmatix I wen't to bed after Jeevans set ended, and woke up at 8.

Me and some friends went shopping in Putlitz and we got home just in time to catch the last couple of tracks of Bakkes set. Even though it was very hot I got myself on the dancefloor for Phony Orphants, who unfortunatly where a disappointment. I really liked their album, but the liveset didn't really impress me. Maybe it was the heat.

After a shower, and some chilling in the shade I went for the dancefloor to hear Antix set. Unfortunatly it was also pretty boring, and after about 30 minutes I went back to the tent to get some more rest before the opening of the psychedelic stage.

The opening was ok. I stood pretty far from the dancefloor, so the sound wasn't very good, but the lasers where amazing. After a few tracks of Dimitris set I got something to eat, and walked to the progressive stage to hear Sally Doolally. I really liked her choice of tracks, but unfortunatly she had some pretty bad mixes.

I arrived at the psychedelic stage just in time to hear Wrecked Machines' set, and wow, what a set. For me it was the best set of the festival: the best tracks from the mindblowing album, and a blasting remix of Underworld - Born Slippy. Not to forget that the moon was almost full, and Mars was in sight, right above the trees.

After Wrecked Machines I caught some of Antaros and Feios sets, before I went to sleep at around 05:30. Silly me forgot about Altom, so I missed the set at sunrise

I woke up at 9, and once again me and some friends went into town. All the shops where closed (apart from a icecream shop and a gas station 1 km out of town), so we didn't get back before 13:30, where we found some shade behind the psychedelic stage, where we heard Mekkanikka (better than expected) and Scotty.

After a few days of dancing and walking around in sandals I had blisters all over my feet, but sunday night I still spent one and a half hour on the dancefloor. The last part of Ricas set was pretty ok, and Bamboo Forests 50 minute set was very nice - especially Tristeza. Leaving at 6 in the morning I had to get back in the tent and get some sleep, so I missed the surprise. When I woke up I heard the last couple of tracks from the camping area though - only one I could recognise was Electro Panic (maybe a remix, pretty hard to hear from a distance).

Things that could have been better:

- At first the chillout stage seemed to be much better than last year. The deco was very nice, there was lots of shade, and it wasn't very far from the stalls. Unfortunatly it was too close to the progressive stage, and even though the chillout music was too loud you could still hear the music from the progressive stage very clearly.
- A few of the sets seemed placed at the wrong time of day. I would have liked to hear Bamboo Forest in the morning for instance.
- At night the temperatures seemed perfect. but during the day it was just too much. I know the weather isn't in control of the VooV crew, but we could have used some more shade at the dancefloors
- Some morons seemed to be at the wrong party. Luckily I didn't see any fights, even though some people obviously where trying to start some. Again, not VooV crews fault.

Best Set:

Wrecked Machines live

Overall experience:

Once again a great experience. A very international crowd, with lots of smiling faces. I'm a progressive lover, but I didn't find the progressive stage as good as last year. I had a great time at the psychedelic stage though, so that evens it out

Verdict:

9/10

For all of you who weren't there, I included the lineup:

Psychedelic Trance Floor:

Saturday:
22:45-23:00 Opening
23:00-02:00 Dimitri Nakov (UK - DJ)
Sunday:
02:00-03:00 Wrecked Machines (Brazil - Live)
03:00-06:00 Antaro (Germany - DJ)
06:00-07:00 Altom (France - Live)
07:00-10:00 XP Voodoo (Russia - DJ)
10:00-11:00 Alien Project (Israel - Live)
11:00-13:00 Alien Project (Israel - DJ)
13:00-14:00 Mekkanikka (USA - Live)
14:00-17:00 Scotty (Germany - DJ)

Break

20:00-23:00 Rica (Brazil - DJ)
23:00-24:00 Bamboo Forest (France - Live)
Monday:
24:00-03:00 Sabai Sabai (Thailand - DJ
03:00-06:00 Surprise
06:00 End of VooV Experience 2003

Progressive Trance Floor:

Friday:
22:00-23:00 Opening Gangagiri (Australia - Live)
23:00-02:00 Jeevan (Germany - DJ)
Saturday:
02:00-05:00 Sven Looping (Germany - DJ)
05:00-06:00 E-Chip Vs. Johann Bley (Germany - Live)
06:00-09:00 Sam @ Chaishop.com (Germany - DJ)
09:00-12:00 Bakke (Sweden - DJ)
12:00-13:00 Phony Orphants (Denmark - Live)
13:00-16:00 Klangmüller (Austria - DJ)
16:00-19:00 Nin (Thailand - DJ)
19:00-20:00 Antix (New Zealand - Live)

Break

Sunday:
24:00-03:00 Sally Doolally (UK - DJ)
03:00-06:00 Feio (Brazil - DJ)
06:00-09:00 Walter "Tarzan" (Germany - DJ)
09:00-10:00 Auricular (Germany - Live)
10:00-13:00 Kai Mattesdorf (Germany - DJ)
13:00-16:00 Miguel (Portugal - DJ)
16:00-17:00 Ryan Halifax (Germany - Live)
18:00-20:00 D-Nox (Germany - DJ)

Chillout-Circus:

Friday:
15:00-18:00 AC (USA)
18:00-21:00 Slater (Czech Republic)
21:00-24:00 Nova (UK)
Saturday:
24:00-01:00 Blacklight Theater Sehstörung (Germany) "Kognito - Inkognito"
01:00-04:00 Vanja (Macedonia)
04:00-07:00 Saint Janos (Denmark)
07:00-10:00 Jason (Australia)
10:00-13:00 M23 (Germany)
13:00-16:00 Liese (Germany)
16:00-19:00 Ian Bates (UK)
19:00-22:00 Liquid Stranger (Sweden)
22:00-01:00 Pandor-X (Belgium)
Sunday:
01:00-04:00 Lpar & Space Marcos (Germany)
04:00-07:00 Mikael (Denmark)
07:00-10:00 Schlafcola (Germany)
10:00-13:00 The Well (Holland)
13:00-16:00 Ralle Aus Halle (Germany)
16:00-19:00 Ekanta (Brazil)
19:00-22:00 Nanda (Chile)
          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
PsyButterfly

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 12, 2003 00:03
[quote]
On 2003-08-11 21:06, pr0fane wrote:

Best Set:

Wrecked Machines live

Nice to read it!
BOOM GABE!!!! Continue like this!           .:.:.:MuSic FoR YouR BodY, TranCe FoR YouR SouL:.:.:.
Synthax
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Aug 12, 2003 00:40
its kind of late in this internet cafe im in, so laters i promise here nice cover of my adventures in the voov xp, was shure a blastin one for me !

also i got u like 130 pictures, so c u laterz, k?

c u all
jon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Aug 12, 2003 13:14
should this be in shiny new festivals section? oh well not to worry

first of all it was great to meet zombie and synthax,.... much fun jumping around with them and mr tom ante-ater at the progressive stage in the blazing heat drinking too much beer hehe... and great to meet david kebab and blue elf again...

ok so i had a slightly different take to pr0fane above.... for me Phony Orphants were fantastic!! I like the album a lot, and thought it worked really well in the Live setting. They also played about 4 unreleased tracks which were excellent i reckon. In fact I preferred their set to that of Antix, which was also amazing but a little more 'restrained'. There was a bit of a split in the festival between those who preferred Antix vs Phony Orphants....
I had been waiting to hear this modern progressive production on a top sound system in the sun and I got exactly what I was hoping for....

Prog stage was amazing almost the whole time... highlights for me were Auricular which left a profound impression, Ryan Halifax who I didnt know before, Phony Orphants and Antix which I mentioned above, and D-Nox whose DJ set BLEW MY MIND!!!

Amusingly D-Nox's set was not psychedelic trance at all but house and we were all going bezerk. The tunes he played were all killers in the style of labels like plastic fanstastic and automatic, and he
had a great stage presence doing hilarious little dances like the 'walking down the stairs' dance.... ok his set was the highlight of the festival for me.

In fact D-Nox closing the prog stage was infinitely better than the finale of VooV which I thought was a damp squib. The final surprise DJ was very disappointing... couldnt mix very well... and played some guitar-based tune as the sun rose.... hmmm I was pissed off. I was crying out for antaro to return for a few more tunes.....

I did see Antaro's set on the main stage, after Wrecked MAchines (who I enjoyed). Antaro reminded me of earlier days when I used to take ridiculous quantities of dodgy substances.... he played a great hard set, and the place was going crazy - there was the best lighting display I have ever seen with lasers come from all sides.... And an amazing effect where a laser was shone at a 'disco ball' thing.... nothing unusual except that it was reflected in multiple colors in all directions - it looked fantastic and again I have never seen it before.

Hmm the visual _projections_ were disappointing and immediately forgettable. They should have got over the Inside Us All guys from UK cos their stuff is 100000 times better and always a highlight of any party I go to here:) (plug for them hehe)

Enjoyed Altom a lot (much more than when they appeared in UK recently), missed Bamboo Forest due to sleep (very pissed off about that).... but on the whole the progressive stage was much better (for me) than the psychedelic stage... oh I boycotted alien project's set(s) I am afraid to say....

Ok enough about the music... I thought the atmosphere was awesome.... the weather was baking and the festival was clearly a winner, so everyone was in a top mood.... very friendly people. I didnt notice any trouble unlike pr0fane.... sad to hear about that.

I am sure there is loads more I meant to say... but never mind... this festival is just so professional and well produced.... I think if I get bored and stop going to parties (doesnt seem possible now though hehe) then the VooV will remain as the one party I go to every year. It is amazing in every respect.

flabbergast

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 12, 2003 14:08
Still speechless... WOW, what an experience!!!
A smiling international crowd, mindblowing deco, fair prices, nice weather and amazing music, especially from Phony Orphants, Auricular, Alien Project Live, Altom Live and DJ Rica!
They had sprinklers on the dancefloor and the fire brigade sprayed us every two hours or so. I really appreciated that, cause I always prefer to take the day shifts on the dancefloor. Dancing on the dancefloor with my wet clothes on was definately cooler than chilling under the shadecloth in my camp
Big respect to the VooV crew for by far the best organized psytrance party I've ever been to! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!           "Don't mind your make-up, you'd better make your mind up." - FZ
tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Aug 12, 2003 15:23
well well well.. where to start? perhaps on friday night? mm yup seems good..
so, after gently warming up with a few beers with the israeli contingent i ventured down to the "progressive stage" which was unfortunatelt not very progressive at this point.. unless dynamic passes for prog in germany but after this dude had gone mr looping came and took things more in the direction i would have hoped before the advent of e-chip and mr bley.. really liked there stuff very much.. with live drums and live guitar they had clearly made an effort and it showed.. as uzi can testify i went completely bezerk when they played stranded (ok not prog but wtf its a classic tune!!) then i crashed out for an hour or two before returning to hear bakke.. nice one i have to say though lack of sleep and the extreme heat meant i only danced for about an hour before retiring to a conveniently positioned beer tent that i had made my own.. here i resided through the phony orphants as well (the only thing i missed in fact that i really wanted to catch).. but managed to return for antix.. who rocked like a bitch for me..a great end to the day

after the previous 24 hours exertions a break was required so i slept all that night, just getting up in time to hear altom on the main stage.. rather enjoyable stuff actually.. before levering back to the proggy stage for the reall days action in the shape of auricular project.. excellent.. what can i say.. great chunky, groovy stuff.. plus daniel has by far the coolest stage presence of anyone ever i am gonna copy those hand movements then more beer and chillage was in order before checking a bit of miguels set (nice one) and then ryan halifax.. great again.. many very nice tunes, including a brilliant remix to ticon that i am very keen to get my hands on... and then came.. the highlight of the festival in the fporm of d-nox closing set.. this was simply amazing and the set of the festival without any doubt as far as i am concerned.. simply awesome music, awesome dj.. the funniest dancer.. man this really really rocked

then i was pretty dead and managed to coax myself back onto the main stage only to hear bambbo forest, which was good but i couldn't dance to because i seemed to have done myself an injury dancing to d-nox set

all in all what a wicked time.. had so much fun with all my mates and it was a delight to see my israeli friends zombie, uzi the kebab and the elf again BIG POWER           >>love will tear us apart...<<
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Aug 12, 2003 18:27
Quote:

BIG POWER

FULL_POWER:)

it was a good one for sure, hot weather, cold drinks, great ppl and ambience did it for me big time. music turned to be great as festival continued, i mean not so tight start with realy awfull first night and full of joy day and second day, it was a day time party for me. antix (very impressive live), phony (XLNT), rayan halifax (a sure surprize, great music, refreshing) kai and miguel (both great djs for sure) &D-NOX that sure one of the best sets i heard ever. for a main stage so i visited there for a opening show that wasnt show at all and then never get close to there coye music kinda sounded very very agressive and not realy fit my shiney mood, so it was two days of music festival for me, and 4 days camping since we came day before and left day after. not much other to say since we just chill here in hamburg waiting to lovefield, have to get our progressive menu this weekend, so c ya laters guys:) ciao till now.

FULL POWER-BIG POWER to all:)          Believe your soul !
david kebab
Faction

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Aug 12, 2003 18:53
belive it or not i had alot of fun.
the main stage was pure rubbish for me, eveni must say scary.
bamboo forest were awful fact is everything there were awful.
but in the small stage they did have some nice music
ryan halifax was nice antix was ok, even kai masserdorf was cheessy but in a decent way.
best set was for sure by d-nox who was for sure best dj who played in voov2003, he did play some nice proggy house and not trance at all.
also great for me were the people at the ramp who were fun.
shouts to all the mates we met at the voovke
djzombi,uzi,jon,thomas hodge (aka bodgi)
and the one very special germlin.

Big power!!
FULL POWer
Synthax
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Aug 12, 2003 19:10
ya kebab mate, u forgot to thank SHALOM for the great adventures

was blastin one for shure ! ! !

AND ALIEN PROJECT this dj was:

killlllllllllllllllllllllllllllerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ! ! !

raped the crowd ass through 48 PA sets hhha LOL
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Aug 12, 2003 19:24
few more points:

1. BIG POWER to British guyz, Jon, Tom, everybody.. u rox big time.

2. Sleaze Ramp PPL - U ROCK EVEN MORE !!!!

3. Kebab - come to hamburg, its looks alot of beers here.

4. im out, bye.
          Believe your soul !
XwiZed

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 12, 2003 20:55
HEY!
<3

Nice to hear u all had a good time, last year rocked and sure was something GOOD to do before i drafted!

I hope that in a couple of years when Ill be able 2 come again they'll have a few hours of Suomi Spuge trance

LUV
<3
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Aug 12, 2003 21:57
its so good to hear that good events are still taking place.

im soooo glad u r having fun guys
enjoy!
          if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
olivier
Side-A

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Aug 13, 2003 02:13
it was AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!
there were more people than last year for sure
the decoration of the progressive stage was wonderfull and i 'm glad they put the circus away cause the dcoration this year was so beautiful
i had such a great time , like last year, the people were amazing, the energy on the dancefloor during the day was unbelievable
the connection between people , music and nature was amazing
i didn't really enjoyed the psychedelic stage, too much echo because of the disposition of the sound system (they should put it in 2 big blocs like for the prog stage)
i had really great musical and mystical moments during phony orphants, antix and especilally the dj set of klangmuller (from austria). i didn't know this guy but he played the most technic et killer set of the festival.he played right after phony, starting with some blasting proggy housy trance tracks , playing vinyl and miixing like nobody... then he slowly moved to more proggy trance tracks and during the last half hour of his dj set he even played soft morning full on such as triptych, silicon sound, altom ... this is one of the most progressive and impressive set i've ever heard . huge respect !!!
during the antix live act , i understood why the guys are called the storm brothers ..
they played at 19h on saturday , the whole day was so dry and hot , 35 degres and no wind , no cloud ..... after their second track, a small wind appear, and then become a bit stronger , the dust was moving in the air and the backdrops of the dancefloor were moving up ,down, left and right in coordination with the wind and adding an incredible feeling to antix music.... especially on tracks such as "blood" , "free as we are" ,"on the rock" !! one of the greatest moments of the festival !!!
i also enjoyed auricular , dimitri dj set , rica was quite good (but i was expecting much much better from him), bamboo forest was good but not as good as samothraki's live last year
i also like the dj sets of kai mathesorf (very nice morning proogy set ) and also dj miguel (nice minimal and tribal music)
i missed altom, wrecked machines, mekkanikka

but it was again a blasting experience, even if i didn't enjoyed the music the whole time , the energy , the place, the people is so amazing that voov is THE party

i'm not gonna miss it next year for sure
krelm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Aug 13, 2003 02:25
My first Voov Experience (lived too far away till now), but surely won't be my last.

Friday night was a bit of a dud for me (full on "hits" on the progressive stage), but Bakke started it all off for me Saturday morning. Watch out for this guy! Groovin' progressive stomp all the way with solid mixing. The live set by Antix on Saturday afternoon was also great music...perfect for the pre-sunset hours.

I was lookig forward to Dimitri, but was somewhat disappointing. I think I like him better during the day than at night. Unfortunately, I ended up sleeping through Wrecked Machines and Altöm, dammit. My body thanked me for the rest, but my ears were a bit pissed.

Must agree with all the above regarding D-Nox...he rocked my ass all over the dancefloor. Biggest FUNK I have heard at a psy party since the last couple times I heard Mark Allen. I am eagerly awaiting his set at Lovefield. If it is half as good as his Voov set, I will be a happy man.

Bamboo Forest kicked my ass as well. My lord....best music of the festival for me. Excellent melodic psychedelia. I think I got several blisters from their set. Their album is a sure-buy for me when it comes out.

Mekkanikka was a HUGE surprise. Didn't know anything about this guy's music, but he blew me away. Alien Project was also a surprise...I was expecting to be bored by the typical full-on, but I have come to the realization that I can actually enjoy the more melodic side of it under the blazing sun with water spraying on me.

The sunday morning "surprise" was a bit of a let-down towards the end, but it didn't take away from the overall experience at all. Anybody know who that was?

Overall, a great experience on all counts. I could write more about it, but that would take pages. This further verified to me that my dancing shoes come on during the day. There is something about stomping in the sun.....

Till next year.
          -----------------
Dr. Krelm DJ Mixes and Broken Symmetry archives - http://www.krelmatrix.com

Broken Symmetry on MCast - coming in 2007....
tigga
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  11
Posted : Aug 13, 2003 08:58
so noone knows who the secret guest was??           live life; be free
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - VooV Experience 2003 (Germany - 8-10. August)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance