Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Promotional Releases - Voice of Cod - We Are Free (Organic Records, 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Voice of Cod - We Are Free (Organic Records, 2005)

Templar^
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  105
Posted : Aug 16, 2005 00:58
Voice of Cod - We Are Free

Organic Records, 2005

Tracklist:

1. Bubbles of Nothing
2. The Unknowns
3. The Art Of Funk Shui
4. Go Downtown
5. Misinfotainment
6. Bakelite Satellite
7. Slysis Me
8. It's Just A Ride (Zuloop Remix)
9. Heart Of Gold

"We are Free" is the debut album from the ground breaking psytrance act, Voice of Cod. Colin Bennun (OOOD, Unconscious Collective) and Andrew Humphries (Organic A&R / DJ) started making music together as Voice of Cod after meeting at a party in London in 2003. Their tunes, appearing on labels such as Organic, Liquid and Transient have all brought great praise from djs and the dancefloor, with tracks like ‘It’s Just a Ride’ being re-released several times and appearing in the top 10 tunes for Antaro (SpiritZone/VOOV) of 2004.
"We Are Free", The Voice of Cod album represents the next stage in the evolution of the Cod, with a total of 9 killer dancefloor tracks that will rock any party, day or night!! Featuring chuggy groovers alongside full on tracks that will knock your kneebones, the whole album has a totally twisted and funky vibe. Voice of Cod are what the trance scene has been waiting for!

Voice of Cod’s music is peppered with politically conscious samples, never missing an opportunity to poke fun at politicians and consumer culture, never missing a beat with a totally hip Zen attitude. The production is perfectly crisp all the way through enhancing the story told by each tune, with twists and rhythmic punches at every turn. This combination of elements has given Voice of Cod underground credibility and commercial appeal, with their track "Bubbles of Nothing", taken from "We Are Free" appearing on the music mixer for the new Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) game 'Wipeout Pure'.

Voice of Cod’s unique style, combining funky trance elements with a stomping rhythm section attracts both girls and guys to dance, a rare combination!! They have proved time and time again that they have appeal like no other, with many an audience clapping along to their live sets across Europe and the UK.

This summer as the album launches more key dates have been added to their schedule, including gigs at Mass in Brixton, Corfu and the Eclipse festival in Tunisia, we expect the Voice of Cod to be soon heard across the world".

Info taken from: http://www.organicrecords.net

Dick Trevor (Nano, Green Nuns, Jumanji)
"***’kin ‘aay! Awesome!"

Pop Stream (Spun, Israel)
"Constantly moving ahead - I just love those beat makers!"

Hujaboy (Spun, Israel)
"Killer production !!"

Antaro (Voov/Spirit Zone) on "Just A Ride":
"One of the top tunes of 2004. I appreciate groovy elements in psytrance"
(Just A Ride has been re-worked especially for the album in a slamming peak time mix)

What can I say, I've been waiting for a full album of these lads since I've heard their masterpiece filled with Bill Hicks' (R.I.P.) samples - "Just A Ride" - on "New Generation" compilation. It's one of those rare tracks that manages to squeeze tears of joy out of my eyes. Hopefully, this CD will do the same.
          www.ektoplazm.com/2011/panta-deus - download for free Psytrance.pl's 10th anniversary compilation featuring 100% Polish psy-music (goa, prog, dark, full-on, chillout): Artha, Sundial Aeon and many more

www.psytrance.pl - Polish psytrance website
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Aug 16, 2005 03:27
Sounds great, please make it available at Brazil!
Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Triton

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 16, 2005 20:18
yo colin!!!

full respect and the best luck for this cd is looking good           http://soundcloud.com/portable-disaster-unit
Andrew
Voice Of Cod / Zuloop

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Aug 16, 2005 23:06
Thanks for the post, templar

we're really looking forward to having the album out, it's been great fun making it and now we want to share that with tranceheads across the world.

With regards to brazil, we have been talknig with TradeSounds, hopefully we can sort something out with them.

Cheers

Andrew

ND
ProSect

Started Topics :  44
Posted : Aug 16, 2005 23:15
Should be a nice album, looking forward to hear it!

All the best for you guys!

ND           Without Deviation, Progress Is Not Possible.

www.andivision.com
Sound Field / ProSect / Sonify / Radio Mess
MissRobin
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  86
Posted : Aug 16, 2005 23:56
You guys should hear the mastered album..... WOW!
Release date is September 26 so mark your calendars and be prepared for some serious twisted funkiness ;-)

Here is also a bit more about them, some pics, and a wicked clip to a video to the track "The unknowns"

http://www.triskelemanagement.com/voc.html

If you guys would like to hear VOC live, please feel free to contact me and well make it happen.... not only are they great musicians, but great fun to party with !!!

Robin
          TRISKELE MANAGEMENT
Total Artist Management
Label Marketing, Promotions & PR
www.triskelemanagement.com
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Aug 17, 2005 12:43
Can't wait to hear the whole album. All i've heard so far is top-notch!
Good luck!
          Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Fingax
Cosmic Station

Started Topics :  82
Posted : Aug 17, 2005 14:41
all the best guys! Can't wait for the album out and to catch your act in a london party these days! must be a blast
All the best
john_c
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  47
Posted : Aug 17, 2005 21:48
I just heard John 00 FLeming is majorly supporting this album! Its in his TOP 10! That is big big news. Congrats mates! I need to def check this out.
Colin OOOD
OOOD/Voice of Cod

Started Topics :  95
Posted : Sep 6, 2005 23:04
Quote:

On 2005-08-17 21:48, john_c wrote:
I just heard John 00 FLeming is majorly supporting this album! Its in his TOP 10! That is big big news. Congrats mates! I need to def check this out.

I reckon you should, too

Quote:

John '00' Fleming wrote:
Top Tune - Voice of Cod - We are Free - Organic Records

For me this sits proudly as one of my featured tunes of the month. An album full of the finest music this year. Combining the thumping elements of Psy Trance with the deeper tones of Progressive are a winning combination. They have created their own unique sound. Bloody awesome!!! (5/5)

Mastering - http://mastering.OOOD.net :: www.is.gd/mastering
OOOD 5th album 'You Think You Are' - www.is.gd/tobuyoood :: www.OOOD.net
www.facebook.com/OOOD.music :: www.soundcloud.com/oood
Contact for bookings/mastering - colin@oood.net
DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Sep 9, 2005 21:46
My review is up here: http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/70654/forum/9

/DP           On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
Templar^
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  105
Posted : Sep 10, 2005 12:59
I was just about to post the link.
Another tasty review from You DP.           www.ektoplazm.com/2011/panta-deus - download for free Psytrance.pl's 10th anniversary compilation featuring 100% Polish psy-music (goa, prog, dark, full-on, chillout): Artha, Sundial Aeon and many more

www.psytrance.pl - Polish psytrance website
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Sep 10, 2005 13:22
i want!
ND
ProSect

Started Topics :  44
Posted : Sep 10, 2005 14:19
Wicked one! Very funky

I love.

ND           Without Deviation, Progress Is Not Possible.

www.andivision.com
Sound Field / ProSect / Sonify / Radio Mess
Monarch_butterfly

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Sep 10, 2005 17:03
Weee Areee Dogsss!

Intersting.

i like this project in few compilations

Trance Forum » » Forum  Promotional Releases - Voice of Cod - We Are Free (Organic Records, 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance