Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Visual Contact - La La Land (Compact Records / October 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Visual Contact - La La Land (Compact Records / October 2005)

Jah_One

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 11, 2005 17:04
Guy killer review, album of the year for sure.

-2/10
fireball

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Nov 11, 2005 22:55
bhhhaaaa...this album is the worst i ever heard this year this is music for kids this is not psytrance 0/10
Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Nov 15, 2005 09:13
I quite liked the album.
Great going guys!
Axolotyl

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Nov 18, 2005 02:40
If your after some v.well produced bouncy full on that doesn't take itself very seriously at all, then this is for you. If your looking for deep twisted and truly psychedelic, then look elsewhere. This is not a dark or experimental album but great for morning/afternoon. Theres a time and place for this sort of fluff!! I liked it.

7.5/10
drunktoad

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Nov 18, 2005 11:05
for me, it's very good. 8/10           P.L.U.R.
Chlamydia Jones

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Nov 18, 2005 11:44
OK, this one accidentally landed in my lap (thanx to a friend), and here's what I make of this:

True, the melodies in most of the tracks here are way over the top - wouldn't shame your everyday eurotrance tracks.

True, the cover art is <not> the most sophisticated/elegant one we've seen around

True, I didn't like many of the tracks here (mostly because of the excess in cheesyness and over-melodious approach)

However,
I DO appreciate the amazing complexity of the tracks themselves (allow me to contradict you here, bass system) - if you really listen to everything that goes inside each track - the sound games, the musical conversation, the breaks and transitions - each track is so full in musical complexity that it is even hard to go through the whole album as a single piece without getting tired.
In this desert of full on music, where the formula has gone into almost every artist's music, this is a VERY fresh release. Also, it has direct roots in the old Goa melodies and the old Goa spirit (before trance became something too important to simply enjoy, hint hint). Some tracks, BECAUSE of their over-fluffy melodies, brought me back to 1994-5 where I started to listen to this type of music.

Conclusion:
maybe the saturation of full-on formulated music has made this release too hard to understand musically. I think that most Full-on heads have gone used to the simple way you can excite the soul with simple build/break/melodious uplift, and when something which is a bit more sophisticated comes along it is misunderstood.

Just my little observation,
Clamydia

True, the
pinkfairy

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Nov 19, 2005 10:45
very good...wish the best for both of you...

c u!
rajatrao2
Inactive User
Started Topics :  11
Posted : Nov 20, 2005 08:42
To be honest i expected a mind blowing album here.... I was rather disappointed listening to this album considering it had two of the biggest names in the morning scene... They are definitely more capable than this... I wish to hear something better in the future from this duo.... Best of luck
Rajat
AbsolutZero(D.V.M.)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  199
Posted : Nov 22, 2005 01:27
Very nice album.I realy enjoy it.
My best wishes           [b]osobuko/b]
http://www.landmark-recordings.com/absolut_zero.html
http://www.myspace.com/absolutzero_or
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dj-AbsolutZero/147091981997578
Nygma
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Nov 23, 2005 17:29
not my cup of psytrance at all!!!!

but this could be a real smasher at any happy trance party here in europe, i'm so sure!

nevertheless, production wise its a class of its own, neat and clean.           www.frakasoundrecords.com
fraka is a state of mind
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Visual Contact - La La Land (Compact Records / October 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance