Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - May I have some original music plz???

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

May I have some original music plz???

karnaf
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  60
Posted : Oct 10, 2003 09:41
I just came back from a party, the time is 4:30AM local time and I'm pissed off. the party was ok, no more, but what bothered me most was that once again I encountered a thing that makes me sad every time it happens.

Lately it seems like trance artists became pop artists, using old material in their tracks to make it popular. I'm talking about rmxs for old and familiar songs, like dire starits, the prodigy, pink floyd, depeche mode, etc. This is getting boring, my friends.

I see no difference between a trance artist using dire straits and the fugees making a rmx for 'killing me softly' or will smith making a rmx to 'just the two of us'. In case you ppl wonder, they were originaly sung by Roberta Flank and Bill Withers respectively.

Guys, when I hear a track like that, I usualy stop dancing, feeling like I'm in a dance / pop boring party. You don't need that to make a good track, really. You can use your own samples. Check SUN Project as an example of a group that made tracks with guitar samples without the help of dire straits.

Be creative, use your own material, your own samples, your own sounds. Give us a refreshing sound, not something that we've heard on the local radio station in the original version 10 times an hour a few years ago...

Plz, plz, plz, for my sake, yours, and the musics, give us some original tracks...

thanks
karnaf, looking for some interesting music...           Please REMOVE my cellphone number from any SMS spam list you may have. Thanks.

http://www.savetherhino.org
Trip-
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Oct 10, 2003 10:47
karnaf - nice jesture...
but the pop trance ppl won't change their habits unfortunately.           Crackling universes dive into their own neverending crackle...
AgalactiA
freakazoid
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Oct 10, 2003 12:15
karnaf, i know what you're saying, it seems like the new trend is song remixing, but...
why should sampling from a song be any differant than sampling from a movie? in both cases the artist wants to shake something inside you, memories of nice things you used to know. my problem with these sort of musical stuff is just that usually the remix which you hear at a party isn't dancefloor oriented at all (sometimes not even trance really) and well, mostly the original is much better. perfect example: the metallica rmx, while you guys might not appreciate the dance-floor side of it, it is a complete madness track which works out nicely, but even though i like digging to it, every time i hear it, i wish i was hearing the original (not to mention the voodoo people remix).
so, i think it's not bad to be sampling songs, if you think you can work somthing nice out of them and the sample doesn't have too much of the old one's lyrics in them, cause that just makes it too much of a flashback. (from what i've heard, the money for nothing remix sounds promising).
so if you do it, do it right!
          Super-teen extraordinaire Freakazoid! Freakazoid!
Runs around in underwear Freakazoid! Freakazoid!
Rescues Washington D.C. Freakazoid! Freakazoid!
Unless something better's on TV Freakazoid! Freakazoid!
pr0fane

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Oct 10, 2003 16:09
Yep, remixing "regular" tracks is all the craze these days.

I don't have a problem with it though. Sure, it can get rather annoying and uninspired with 3 or 4 of those remixes in a set, but in my opinion it can be the same deal with 3 or 4 tracks from the same artist in a DJ-set.

A lot of the remixes I've heard are indeed very refreshing, creative and well done - more refreshing than most of the psytrance coming out these days.           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Oct 10, 2003 16:34
the thing is some people know how to make a remix properly..

it's not about taking the lead melody and replacing everything else with phat kick + bassline combo..

this is the case in eskimo's remix to voodoo people, gms's remix to the finger, 1200 mics remix to money for nothing.. and probably many more that i'm not aware of

then again remix can be done properly..

ott's 6 remixes of 6 classic hallucinogen tunes serves as a great example..
          "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
technoid

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Oct 10, 2003 17:03
On the whole I don't like these remixes. I think this may have a bit to do with more often than not thinking the original song was shit in the first place. I heard one based around a Kate Bush song last week at a party and it made me cringe. Anyway, this is just my opinion.

Sometimes a good remix can be hugely funny. I used to play an Acid Techno remix of 'Paranoid' by Black Sabbath when I used to do morning sets at Tekno parties and you just used to see people on the dancefloor laughing their heads off and it was great.

I think what makes a good remix is not relying too much on the original song. Remember 'Charly' by the Prodigy... If you took the sample out of it you still had a decent track, but then a slew of crap tunes followed based around kids TV. If they were stripped of their samples there was no tune left. Basically what traveller said is right, a remix needs to have as much thought put into it as an original track.

"One nation under a groove".
krelm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Oct 10, 2003 17:18
I agree fully with traveller on this one. I get really sick of hearing the bootlegs where there is just a kick or a breakbeat under samples of an old track, with little modifications otherwise. They seem to be overly predominant now, unfortunately.

However, I love the boots where the remixers make something completely new from the original track. Prime example for me is the Slide vs. Healey remix of Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" from a couple years back. They don't just remix it or make it into a dance tune....they fucking make it their own baby.

I think bootlegs are quite fashionable now, so too many artists go into the studio thinking they will just pump out something cute with little or no creativity. If you wanna remix an old track, fucking do it right...be creative and make it your own. Don't make a "dance version" of the track. Cut it to shit and actually put some damn effort into it.

That's my rant.
          -----------------
Dr. Krelm DJ Mixes and Broken Symmetry archives - http://www.krelmatrix.com

Broken Symmetry on MCast - coming in 2007....
Hg
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  73
Posted : Oct 10, 2003 18:24
Yaah, that's about the cheesiet thing a dj can do and they do it all the time! Damn samples! But it's all about the quality of the dj and the quality of the crowd... I mean, the average trancer in Brazil LOVES cheese. If any dj plays any of these cheddar samples, the crowd usually goes mad. That's one reason why I never go out to parties here in Brazil, unless they have something very attractive in their line up or locatin.

In festivals, it's another story... I like to hear the samples there because the artist knows how to build a set and usually plays it at a very nice time AND it usually is something original (I mean real pro ARTISTS). Other than that, it really sux! If you were here by the time Raja Ram released Mescalin, you would kill yourself, it was played23984723 times in the same party C'mon now let's all.... BLAH!!!!

Overall, i think the problem is that old one... a lot of disqualified djs and wannabes. Very bad quality. The music is not original at all (even in procedence). And they dont know how to mix! hehehe... Most of them, i mean. Everyone knows that we also have excellent artists here! So... the only way not to get cheese is not going to mc donald's... unless, of course, it's for something groovy! hehehe
          cna't find it
the machismo libido
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Oct 10, 2003 19:02
I think its laget for a dj to make a remix so ppl will notice him by playing something that everyone knows but in trance.
I also noticed that most of those remixes above pack the dancefloor to full capacity!
solipt1c
Soliptic
Started Topics :  9
Posted : Oct 10, 2003 19:22
fully agreed with traveller

eskimo voodoo people definitely made me smile, if i was at a party i'd go nuts, but basically thats just the nostalgia for the prodigy original, the creative 'work' of the remix i felt was not massive - pretty much just taking the melodies and hooks and slapping a standard , albeit heavy, psy kick+bassline under it.           http://www.dartrecordings.co.uk/
Trip-
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Oct 10, 2003 20:41
ok and to sum it up it goes like this:

whoa! lets add some kick and bassline to this one! then it is full on dancefloor killer...

this really reminds me the days of eyal barkan and the gang when adding kick and bassline to some famous meldoies.           Crackling universes dive into their own neverending crackle...
AgalactiA
technoid

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Oct 10, 2003 20:52
That 'Wicked Game' track is a classic example. I don't think much of the original, but the trance track is a damn fine record.           "One nation under a groove".
duodenumz
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  15
Posted : Oct 10, 2003 23:38
the "Voodoo People" rmx doesn't bother me. i would love to hear someone drop the original at a party, and Eskimo's remix is pretty close to the original. i think he preserved the entire breakdown, which is awesome. i know it's not "original" to remix this way, but it's great to hear at a party.
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Oct 11, 2003 02:39
Cant we just stop bitching and whining?

Karnaf i respect youre opinion but hell if u dont like it go get a beer and get back on the floor when a "original" track comes thru the mixer

Have a nice night, im outta here!

Peace, Love And Hardcore Sex For Everyone

A
FluorEnzo
@cid

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Oct 11, 2003 06:39
I like this topic....

I am producing music for 3 years now, and after doing my first remix, seek and destroy, what i really enjoy the results, i made prodigy, depeche mode, megadeath and some others...

First of all i made them becouse i like the originals versions of these oldies, couse i am djing for 19 years now, and i start playing with that music in the 80's.

I knew it would make some ppl hate hate it, saying that i am begging for fame, that i am pop, that i am this and that, but ppl talk anyway, so i make what i like and what i know the crowd will like too, becouse makes me happy make the crowd go mad, they love it, so do i, even more,

Drap Drop tell me that my track is kicking japan's dance floor, k-os saying the same about india, and so mexico and more places, so why shouldn't i have done them, becouse some don't like....i think this is a very personal taste matter.

I can only say that i liked to do them and i am making more 3 of them, "Depeche mode - route 66" is my next, and i am doing couse i LIKE IT. Sorruy if some don't, i don't like progressive, but i respect it.

Big respect to all, who likes and who doesn't, taste could not be the same for all, so respect others always is my opinion.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - May I have some original music plz???

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance