Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Does A psytrance scene in miami even exist???

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Does A psytrance scene in miami even exist???

dtmoney
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Aug 19, 2003 10:26
You'd think a psytrance would exist in one of the U.S.'s biggest tourist attraction cities??? HELL NO!!!!!

Hi guys.

I've been listening to electronica music for about a year and a half now,and I've been listening to psytrance music for about eight months now. I'm ready to goto some psytrance parties to get a taste of the atomsphere(I've never been to one before). There's only one problem. There's like nothing happening in the miami area. It seems not one listens to psytrance here. All they listen to is rap music, latin american music, rock,COUNTRY or other stupidity. It seems like psytrance is known everywhere else in the world except in america.

We have a trance/dance radio station here, but it's nothing but mainstream crap. I goto the university of miami,but again, it seems like none of the students listen to any form of psytrance music there.

I've noticed other places such as NYC, Seattle, and S.F. getting actual acts such as psysex and Infected Mushroom. ReAL TRANCE ACTS. OH man, I can only dream of going to a real infected concert. I read one of the threads with psysex going to seattle, and some of the people going to the concert where wearing psy-skates(That's sounds fucking cool as hell). The only thing we get here, if anything, is some stupid shit by some DJs I've never even heard of(WHose stuff sounds lame). The only real name in the electronic scene known by everyone is that stupid dick paul Oakenfold, whose music completely sucks. Most people think he is good here. WTF???!!!!, am I missing something here, Seriously???

Is any real good group ever coming to the miami area anytime soon??? I know infected isn't because I post at the forums there, and IM is booked for the rest of the year.

Yes I am frustrated(I'm not going to any mainstream trance bullshit. I wanna goto the real deal. Shit like in Israel,Sweden, Japan, Germany, etc). It seems like our silly little country is, once again, wrapped up in their little world which they call "the LAnd of the FREE", letting the entire world past them by in all the cool things(American football being something that is completely uncool).

As a desperate attempt, I'm going to try to get those lame-o's at my school to actually listen to some psytrance music. The radio station at my school said they will play music if it's good. All I have to do is send them a copy of the cd on disc, and they will check it out. I doubt they'd play it, but its worth a shot. It may actually could get an actual scene going on here(or at school at least).

You guys have any recommendations I can give to them?? I'm going to give them infected-mushroom classical mushroom. I need one more cd. SOmething real good and revolutionary.

DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Aug 19, 2003 11:05
O-oh.. a militant psy-trancer!

I really doubt you're going to turn anyone on to psy-trance by playing a random track over the radio. In the best case scenario, they'll like it, but won't know what it was and where to find more. But I have a couple of suggestions anyway.
You could always go for, say, Silicon Sound or Logic Bomb. Good friendly psytrance, and not too epic. Or, if you're feeling patriotic, Biodegradable "Phaser" is excellent, as well as Penta's "Pentafiles."

I know there is a scene in Miami, though.. I am sure someone from there will get in touch with you.
Apocalypse Now
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  62
Posted : Aug 19, 2003 11:16
wow

bitch bitch bitch

is that all you know how to do? (j/k bro )

Infected were here in Miami. Twice actually.

There are a few psytrance people scattered around in Miami here and there, lucky for you we all post here on this foum

There have been a couple of parties this summer and before that, nothing huge, just some good people chillin out listening to good music. You're more then welcome to join (and help) us, just don't expect any festivals with 5000 people anytime soon.

You talk lots of shit about our "silly little country" being passed by by psytrance. That's not true at all. Look around on this forum. There are great parties every single weekend in NY, SF and LA amongst other places. Yes it would be nice if it was a bit more popular but that's exactly what makes it special.
The scene here (in America) is young. A year and a half ago me and others had to beg to have a section opened up here. Now? It's the biggest country section in the forum. Patience my friend. It's a BIG country.

About your desperate attempt to create something out of nothing: All I can say is good for you, but I think that forcing it onto people at your school probably isn't going to work. You are just going to get even more frustrated. I think alot of us went through that stage when they thought it's not enough that you listen to it, everyone needs to hear it and be enlightened. This shit's not for everyone bro. Hopefully you will find a couple of likeminded freaks around you that are openminded enough to listen. That's when you need to pounce.

I think even if we had an incredible thriving beautiful scene here in Miami, you (in general I mean) would enjoy it for a while, eventually get used to it, and then later begin to find flaws in that too. Go check out the thread on the main board about greedy organizers , or almost any other thread in the party review section. People adapt to their situation very quickly and then begin to feel deprived when things don't go exactly the way they think they should.

No need to get discouraged. It really won't get you anywhere. Big waste of time. Enjoy it by yourself for the time being and try to open your mind to other styles of music. The gap is closing fast. But try not to listen to me, I've been possessed by the devil lately.

Take it easy my friend.
          Both teams played hard
psyman
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Aug 19, 2003 16:21
to dt money listen man there is a small psytrance society in miami ive been doing parties there with my friends now im out of the country but if youre seriuos contact me and ill give you some info about people in miami
offthenutboom
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Aug 19, 2003 20:32
DTMONEY
1) Run to WVUM and get a show!!!!! What are you waiting for? We have plenty of music, DJs and good spirit to spread. So this could be your first mission as a UM student.

2) We already have an online show @ The WOMB in South Beach. You can meet us on Fridays from 8 to 10PM. PM me for directions.

3) Once you meet us, what can you do to help us build events?

Nobody is going to provide your happiness on a silver platter. You have to create it yourself. Now you made a connection with the freaks... So it is time to build.

So come to your weekly group therapy sessions and leave the frustration in the trunk
dtmoney
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Aug 20, 2003 09:22
Wow guys. Thanx for the feedback. Actually, I'm from new orleans,but I goto school in miami. I can tell you this, it's even worse here. We have a nice number of goths in the city,but I don't know whether or not they listen to trance.

DiMiTry:

Maybe so, but it won't hurt if I do something either. I was thinking about silicon sound's pure analog also. A seismic charge or two may make them notice something. Pentaflies might scare them, that some strong stuff right there. Cosma's simplicty I think would be good too. Saffy smokes a lot ought of turn some heads with its funky bassline.

Apocalypse Now:

I'm super pissed that Infected was in Miami twice,but I guess at the time they were there I wasn't really into trance. I started back in Dec. of last year. No i'm not a veteran,but I know a lot of it sounds better than the commerical music we have today.

It's not a matter of forcing people but more of opening their minds to new types of music. For example, a guy I know in new orleans supposedly loves music. He wants to be an R&B singer. I asked him what other types of music he listens to. He said rap and that's it. I asked him about other things, he said he didn't appeal to him, yet I know for certain he never even gave other types of music a chance(I've know this guy for a long time. Trust me here). I come from an urban hiphop community, and if I was able to give some apperciation to this type of music, then anyone can. It really all depends on what we expose to our peers. I do agree with you on the patience. I've been reading on some of the trance culture, and aside from people shooting X and doing drugs to the music, I think it's cool. It seems like trance music is music for the people. It doesn't sterotype on one's background or anything(all blacks listen to rap, whites rock, etc, etc.). From what I see, people at trance parties are having good times there. Yeah, it's not for everyone but like my mom always tells me " Nothing is a failure unless you try at it". In other words, I can try. Of course I won't get everyone to listen to it. That's just being realistic. If this doesn't work, and there's a big chance it won't, then I won't try it again. Simple as that.
As far as myself apperciating other forms of music. I have listened to alot of different styles. Rap, R&B, Jazz, Electronica, different forms of asian pop(jpop,cpop, kpop,jrap etc), some classical, some reggae coming up as a youth, video game music, little swedish rap, etc. Trust me, I have opened up big time to alot of music.

psyman:

If these people are cool people, and they don't act like stupid asses, then sure, I'd like to get to know them. I'm always trying to find people who listen to this type of music(I know one guy at my school who does, but the stuff he listens to is all mainstream).

offthenutboom:

I can try to get a show. I can't guarantee you anything. I'm going to try the music aspects first. I have no problem at all meeting you guys on fridays from 8 to 10p.m. I go back to miami next week. I can give you my email, and you could give me the directions. Things I can do. Hmmm, well the first thing we could do is actually educate people on what exactly trance music really is. Most people think trance is the stuff on the dance station in miami. I was quite shocked when I heard noisemaker by infected mushroom. It sounded nothing like that stuff on the radio station. The second thing is to somehow get some events going. STart off simple first. I know some simple things have started. This is good. One thing that would really be good is to try to get things rolling when special holidays come like new year's or fourth of july. In new orleans, we have mardi gras. One of the coolest things I think which could happen(but doesn't) is to have kick ass trance concert. If trance were popular in new orleans, lots of people would goto it(especially since it's mardi gras time,since All people wanna do is party anyways), and the city would probably make a KILLING from this event plus mardi gras. But sadly, there's like zero trance scene here.

So far, I've gotten some people to listen to some of IM's stuff. None said it was great,but none said it was pure shit either. I sent one guy, I know, the song physco over AIM, and he said he thought something was wrong with his radio speakers halfway in the song. I laughed my ass off at that. I'm trying to get one girl I know to download the wider remx by astrix. She doesn't have an internet connection at home, so she has to do it at work. She listened to music from india at a point, so maybe she's a little opened minded to it.

Guys I really apperciate the feedback. Offhenutboom and psymoon. Please do contact. If the people who i'm dealing with are cool(when I mean cool, not some popularity shit. I'm talking personality here), then I have no problem with any of it at all. The WOMB thing sounds cool Off.

At least I know i'm not alone. Maybe the scene will get larger one day.

L8r all
Hels

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 21, 2003 07:17
Hmm...because you don't like something it makes it crap?
Food for thought

Good luck with your scene
Ashutosh

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Aug 26, 2003 00:36
miami needs some neuromotor!!!
psyman
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 26, 2003 14:35
at ashutosh if there was enought people that listen to the music in miami it was worth a shot but for -à or èà people its impossible
Ashutosh

Posted : Aug 26, 2003 23:22
well..psyman..i agree with u that if more people were here it would be nice...but its not about how many people the parties have bro..its about the vibe that exists there..ive been to good djs like penta spinning in india with only like 50-100 people at the parties..im sure there are atleast 50 people in miami who listen to psy..but its not a collaborated community here man..no one knows each other here because theres no common place or party where psyheads can gather..so everyone ends up thinking that they are the only ones in miami who listen to psytrance...trust me bro...make a good enough effort and im sure there can be a decent party in miami...although my quest to find a psycho party in miami has failed...went to the tsunami party that was supposed to happen during WMC..and it never happened..that was a really big bummer..
anyways..keep up the good efforts..as for promoters..instead of trying to introduce local djs on their own..y not try organising a party with atleast one headliner...im sure that will bring in the little crowd that exists here.
peace to all
          We are spiritual beings, in physical bodies.
psyman
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 27, 2003 19:14
ok man i know all the psyeads about our area me and couple of guyes made some parties one of my friends is making parties for 4 years in the area im saying to bring a big name you have to pay him and when there is 50 people paying you just dont even cover the expences trus me i know so for the big names you got to have people that know those names and there are only a few of them that is t
VertigOA
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Aug 28, 2003 00:02
It'd be nice to get a popular club to play a live act on a night where the club is gonna be packed no matter what.
I went to 'Space' this weekend and the place was fucking packed.
I was thinking that if you could get a good full on act in there to play live, while the party is strong and the vibe good, people would probably love it.
I say full on because it most closely resembles the trance that is usually played there and I think people would respond to it better. Plus if the act was live it would be even better. It hard to get people to come to a psy party, but if you could get an act to a place where people already are, then maybe you could open a few eyes.
          no sig
offthenutboom
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 28, 2003 01:53
I would pass on Space and think more on a real trance event on South Beach with real trancers. I can get a small 30 to 40 ppl place for free. We just need a small system

We can decorate and build a real trance event with real trance ppl. Once we can get this small event running, then we can make it bigger. Without a core community that live for trance we have nothing.

We all need to get together, budget the event, put a few bucks, promoted to our friends and pack the lil freaky spot. I already have loads of decos and black lights. All we need is to get together to set them up.

Decent system $300 to $400?
Artist Plane tick + fee $200 to $600 or more?
We do not need flyers... Can we get 30 to 40+ ppl together? And can we and all those 30 to forty ppl put 20 bucks in advance? If we can we have a party with a full on headliner )

DEAL?
Ashutosh

Posted : Aug 28, 2003 02:06
i dont know what artist u can get for 600 bucks bro..enlighten me plzz
          We are spiritual beings, in physical bodies.
offthenutboom
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 28, 2003 05:34
What artists do you know? And how much?

I know who I could get for that money or less to DJ through a good friend of mine here in Miami. I also know who I can get for $1000 if they are in the area. I have a few friends that might work with me with the price to come to play over here

But, can you bring ppl to a party? Can you help with money? Can you help decorating? I did not hear anything in that respect. Talk is cheap. If we are going to do this, there has to be a constructive attitude and less empty talk.

BOM!
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Does A psytrance scene in miami even exist???

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance