First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

trance - drugs

Gilad Refael
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  79
Posted : Jul 13, 2002 16:20
First, I'm sorry to open this overdiscussed topic but this thread was inevitable imo.

You guys explained the connection between space,aliens,UFO's etc. to trance ( http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php?topic=2136&forum=1&16 ). So from this I understand that tracknames or voice samples with space stuff relates to trance somehow.

Now, this is the same thing. Therefore, drug-names of tracks or drug related samples must relate to trance same as the space thing (Psysex - LSDance, The whole 1300 Mics album and many more I cant recall at the moment).
I think I prooved most of the people here that deny the fact that trance is related to drugs .

ps. i hope u proove me wrong

[ This Message was edited by: TheAddict on 2002-07-13 16:21 ]
Gumbo
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  64
Posted : Jul 13, 2002 16:35
well duh .........           Follow u'r Spirit without hesitation.
Gilad Refael
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  79
Posted : Jul 13, 2002 16:38
Quote:

On 2002-07-13 16:35, Gumbo wrote:
well duh .........

most people here think that trance is not related in any way to drugs.
Light

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 13, 2002 17:14
That's individual, not everybody is on the same road, what does it matter to you personaly ?
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Jul 13, 2002 17:18
Most people think right           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Chaka Laka
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jul 14, 2002 01:41
but most ppl know it is a true fact           Dance is my Trance
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Jul 14, 2002 02:19
people know that the fact should be known therefor the facts arent known because we doesnt know the facts...

nothing more.

A
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jul 14, 2002 02:19
Check the following albums to c what is connected to what:

Ominus - Ominus ( Koyote )
Hallucinogen - Twisted ( Dragonfly )
PsySex - Expressions of Rage ( HOMmega )

Look for explicit lyrics and tell me what u find..

PPL!!!

One thing is to defend your beliefs, the other thing altogether is being a HYPOCRITE.

Trance not connected to drugs = Oxygen not connected to Aqua

PS...

Psychedelic music always, since the term was invented in the sixties, if I am not mistaken was highly connected to drugs.. Check out the video of Pink Floyd - Live in Pompeii ( or in other words Umma Gumma - I think that's the name ), and tell me they are sober and I admit I am a Tin Can... So let us stop being silly.. If you don't do it.. Just don't. But don't say it's not connected.. It hurts and abuses the intelligence

[ This Message was edited by: Yuli on 2002-07-14 02:32 ]          A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Yuli
Retired

Posted : Jul 14, 2002 02:28
And one more thing..

There are things that better left off alone and stop discussing them..

Then no one will make him/herself stupid in public and no one will have to admit certain facts about his/hers lost brain cells..

U like trance ? ENJOY IT

U don't use substances - GOOD 4 U

So I hope that someone will lock this cuz it looks silly           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Jul 14, 2002 02:30
OK. I believe (after checking, repeatadly) that drugs and trance do have a synergy. But just because things work good together doesn't mean it's the only reason they exist. Fish and chips, the famous English combination, is great. That doesn't mean that without chips no one eats fish.

And that's exactly what you're trying to say.

My love for trance began YEARS before my first toke, let alone my first blotter. Most of the time when I hear trance, I am completely, 100% sober. That's the way it is with MOST people. If you can't listen to trance without drugs, I pitty you.

Music is taste. Drugs are a choice. A lot of people with a certain taste make the same choice. THAT'S IT.

More in depth about this, well, an earlier post of mine on the subject.

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php?topic=2953&forum=1&42           http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
Yuli
Retired

Posted : Jul 14, 2002 02:38
Assaf,

Sorry my friend but music that was on the first place created out of different experiences is 100% connected.

Your choice is your choice, and most of the ppl listen MOST of the time to music while they are sober.. That is the whole idea..

Then comes the weekend or once in a month when rave freaks come together and get high.

From numerous parties I have DJ'ed I can say that ppl are loaded like #$%^^ there and if you ask me most of the time I wouldn't approve to my kid ( if I had one ) to go to this kind of events..

So the connection is so clear it's really weird the question rises up every single time

PS.

MAYBE if the average bpm in trance was 120 - 130 I would agree... But ppl that can take 145+ bpm music for 6+ hours in a row.. Or they have a very fast metabolism or they are stuffed - sorry all these that don't fit in this description but u r the minority.. All here was said as one that have been there and here so I am quite objective

[ This Message was edited by: Yuli on 2002-07-14 02:43 ]          A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Jul 14, 2002 02:47
True, people do tend to get loaded in parties. But that's a party culture thing. Not a music thing.

People get exactly as loaded in house events (even though it's more extasy there), in techno events (candyflippers galore), whatever. Just like in the 60s people got totally packed with acid in concerts, beatnics totally stoned, whatever.

It's really about the need people feel for release and freedom when they go out to party more than anything else. That and it being really cool . Again, the people are the connection, the music is just the excuse.           http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
Maxim Kai.

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 14, 2002 03:02
Guys, the great phrase was said here - THAT'S INDIVIDUAL!!!
Nothing more. As many as there people - as many opinions. And in this thread we can't reach one point of view.
Just we can access to trance music with dgrugs or without - everyone can do that. Drugs make another access. 2 diifferent ways to feel the music.
I'm over about this.           The Future is Here Now ENJOY
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Jul 14, 2002 03:28
yuli... i`ve couldnt say it better           if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
Mighty Fat Records
Mighty Fat Records

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Jul 14, 2002 04:42
Like it was said here: most of the time I listen to trance music 100% sober and I LOVE it.

trance is great when you're sober, but for me - I understand and enjoy it much better after a few I just feel that my mind is more open to different sounds that way.           Mighty Fat Records
www.mightyfatrecords.com
www.myspace.com/mightyfatrecords
Manoloco - Mind Your Own Groove: OUT NOW
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - trance - drugs

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance