Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

a story about psyche and delic

PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Jan 13, 2006 19:17
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/psychedelic_trance/psy_history_part1.htm

hope the good spirit ll be back one day, psy trance is note made for clubs and money, it s killing it if it s not already dead ..
robomarket
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Jan 13, 2006 20:16
"hope the good spirit ll be back one day, psy trance is note made for clubs and money, it s killing it if it s not already dead .. "

That is because not everybody is a hippie my friend. I know you are nostalgic but you can't bring back something that died long time ago(the hippies).
robomarket
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 13, 2006 20:44
This is in relation to the post by PoM about the demise of the hippie culture and the real spirit of psychedelic music.

I read the contents of the article posted by PoM and something caught my attention.
Aside of the hippies, their chill-outs and parties, i am interested in the music aspect of that article. The author talks about the begginings of Goa/Psytrance music.

I like the concept that the two(if i can say judging from the text) pioneers of goa music Laurent and Fred Disko used. This way of music-making seems extraordinary inventive and is the predecessor of all of what we like to listen today.

I am wondering if there is an audio documentation of the music played at these early parties in Goa? That is history and i happen to appreciate any history very much.

This is what we could be experiencing if there is a psy-archaeologist that would unearth these mixes(if they are existent). They will go straight to the museum of psytrance music

"From then on, the gathering and exchange of the weirdest and most mind-blowing music from all over the world, called "special music", became the official sport of the Goa Hippie community. The remix of the tracks was a necessary task, since most of them included pointless lyrics and were way too short. The DJs used walkmans to record the useful parts of the tunes, and then proceeded to all sorts of manipulations before delivering 100% Goa-style mixes to the dancing crowd."
robomarket
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 13, 2006 20:48
Sorry.

Link to the original post:

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/79334/forum/1

aand the article:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/psychedelic_trance/psy_history_part1.htm
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Jan 13, 2006 22:13
Wow robotmarket! Thanks million stars for showing me this article.

Quote:The seeds of Goa Trance, Techno and House were planted at the same time.

The whole article was highly appreciated and interesting. But I wanted to quote this. Because it's interesting (and it show’s me that a lot of my thoughts are correct <-- ego] to read that Goa was (one of) the originator of everything danceable (4/4 beat and so on with speed) electronic. That had speed and most o all, a hypnotizing effect. Trance anyone? And most of all. It's created because of ... Hallucinogenic substances ladies and gentlemen! Or you might just call it by it’s "bad" name. Drugs. - Kids, do not abuse drugs. - ... i mean.

oh shit, look at the time, I got to run, it's weekend people. Let's all get high! On life!

But yeh, good article... Evolution people. Evolution.

.. Decision. When I read through my post, I realized how stupid it looked through the wrong eyes. And it kind of gives some (straight) people the wrong impression of who I am, but still it reflects inner parts of me. Should I just delete it and leave one liner saying, <<Robomarket, thanks for a good: article!>> Or should I just press the “submit” button and live with it?

Decision's.

Flame me if you must.

*Happy 100th anniversary Dr. Hofmann!*
robomarket
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 13, 2006 23:20
You're one cheerful dude, man

And thank PoM for the article. I just redirected the focus on to a different spot.
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Jan 13, 2006 23:42
in my party organizing days i once brought total eclipse... i remember sitting down with Loic Vanpoucke and hearing the stories about goa in the early, mid and late 80's.... that article gives the same vibe. but to hear it from his mouth, was - how to put this in words: a humbling experience. he spoke about circles of people sitting with music with out a beat (no kick) and synths just making the most twisted colorful sounds playing a harmony of layers and soundscapes... he said it was magical. his stories went on and on - we just couldnt get enough.. sitting like young children around a wise seasoned story teller. what a fantastic time...
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Jan 13, 2006 23:57
as a 5 years old boy i thought the music has no fat bassline back then..           Believe your soul !
shroomz
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Jan 14, 2006 00:35
Wonderful articles ..
Aight .. me gonna take some time off and will read for a change ..
Thanks for this mate .. And also PoM ..

Cheers ...           'Let's meet on the Otherworld - let's speak about the unspeakable'
acidonacid
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Jan 14, 2006 01:34
10x about the article for sure but the question of robomarket is about audio documentation of the music played at these early parties in Goa.
I hope somebody give us some infos because I would like to know also like you my friend.

Open your mind...
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Jan 14, 2006 01:34
Shroomz baba... recognize the Pune picture

Flea market right?           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
acidonacid
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 14, 2006 01:39
Thats sad but truth also.           
Open your mind...
Krell
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Jan 14, 2006 02:40
Very good article.

But I disagree very much with it labelling Son Kite & S-Range as Tech Trance and Tech Trance pioneers within the psychedelic genre.

Spiralkinda
- (Arne Schaffhausen: Delta, The, DownHill, Extrawelt, G4, Midi Miliz, Spiralkinda, Spirallianz)
- (Marco Schmedding: G4, Spiralkinda)

Where pioneers with Psy Tech Trance with their track "BLah" released 1998 on Dragonfly Records.

S-Range & Son Kite first started releasing 1999/2000 - and their sound was perhaps progressive and minimal but it was not in essence much of a blend between Techno & Psy (at least not to my years) - It was more becoming Progressive Psytrance (or at the time "Scandotrance").
As such I think this sound leans a lot more to the Blue Room releases, softer edge - not so mechanic as most techno.

Another minimal psy pioneer I would say was Organic Noise with the first 12" releases on Tip 1997/98.

Later on labels like Iboga Records & Transient started releasing more purely minimal psy but with a much much softer edge to it than the early minimal psy releases.

Transient Records entered with the compilation "A progress in Trance" released 1999 and compiled by DJ Anti (this was also were the word SCANDOTRANCE was first encounted commercially, giving birth to a new subgenre of scandinavian minimal psy which was different from the German and British stuff).

Iboga also had their first release 1999 which the compilation "Tabernanthe" using danish and mostly local artits. Very much in the same style, again - Scandotrance.

As it would evolve, the term Scandotrance faded out like the term Goa Trance once it was no longer locally produced in scandinavia but in many other parts of the world as well - and we have "Progressive Psytrance".

Both Son Kite, S-Range, Necton etc picked up on the Minimal Psy Sound (the first sound now often being reffered to as Psy Tech Trance due to its close relation to TECHNO).

Psy Tech Trance is still around, Midi Miliz, Spirallianz, Athentik, X-dream, Nuclear Ramjet, Tao, Metalogic + many more. Jester Records is a Psy Tech Trance label.

Son Kite is definately inspired by techno though, at least if we are looking at some of the DJ sets the dear swedes are putting online

But, credit where credit is due - and the true pioneer are to be found at Dragonfly, TIP and Blue Room Records and they are neither Son Kite nor S-Range.

There, I spoke my peace

Best Wishes

Krell           Label DJ>
www.jesterrecords.ca
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Jan 14, 2006 14:45
i have some vinyls of 96 already teck tribal trance, even some hard tech was very similar to trance and played in the parties at that time , but it s not the point , they might be wrong things in the article off course but it s more about the story ,the experience .

i was reading some site about fred disko , neer 1980 he was playing the Doors, Neil Young, the Eagles and perhaps some Pink Floyd ...The name Disko was given to him because he was one of the first to introduce electronic dance music to the scene,Disko, also believes that the classical music of India played a strong part in the development of Goa trance..
quoted from http://www.australiens.net/features/3/

robomarket i m also intrested by the music played , if you find something... maybe eat static - Abduction but it s a bit later , 1993.
acidonacid
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 14, 2006 15:37

somebody merged 2 topics here and the meaning of the
posts we have make at the beggining has gone away now..

Open your mind...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - a story about psyche and delic

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance