Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Visual Contact - La La Land (Compact Records / October 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Visual Contact - La La Land (Compact Records / October 2005)

guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Oct 30, 2005 14:02
Hi All !

The debut album of Visual Contact finally released !! it called "La La Land".
Visual Contact is a project of two guys - Didy Ezra (Bizzare Contact) & DJ Bog (Visual Paradox). They released some tracks before and now we get a full album with 9 unreleased tracks. Their crazy style reflected on the funny cover of the album

1. Technofood (VS Aquatica)
The first track is combination between Visual Contact and another artist from Compact family - Aquatica. Three of my favorites artists together, so there is no chance to disappoint. Powerful-on tune with Aquatica's base-line & kick and Visual Contact's crazy games & melodies. I hope to hear more co-operations like this one.

2. Visual Contact
Awesome track here !! thats what I called - full-on power. Very pumping kick with fast base line and a lot of unexpected games which jump me up every time...crazy style with many suprises...excellent work !

3. Technology (VS DJ Feio)
Six seconds of female vocal and the story begin - fast kick & baseline with some "technology" vocals which repeat many times all over the track. The first brake is long (01:40-03:05) and massive...nice melodi with cool "technology" vocal and well build up for hard diging !

4. Welcome to Mexico
Mexican power ! the track is full with melodies, playings and crazy effects. This tune make me dig with smile because I see it kind of funny here you can see that Didy & Bog enjoy to work together and put their personally elements like this melodi which is 100% Bizzare Contact and Bog's fat kick.

5. Visual sunny day (VS Electro Sun)
Nadav's style really sensed here...together we got excellent result ! if you ask me - they were not so brights when they produced this track, otherwise I can't understand where all this funky ideas came from..."crazy" is the best word to describe this track.

6. Dreamland
This one focus more on the emotionaly & melodic side. Beautiful melodi together with deep female vocals enter on 03:15 , and all the thoughts starts, but few seconds later the madness continue like always. The melodi come back on 06:30 for take you to the dreamland...

7. Gain over (live mix)
The original version of this tune make me fall in love with this project, so when I saw "live mix" in the track list, I know I'll like it for sure. The track build well for bomb any dance floor on the way !
live or not - Gain Over is my favorite.

8. Duyty freaks (VS Dooper Doopler)
Another guest is come to participate on Visual Contact's game, and now it's Dooper Doopler. The direction is clear - do not stop the insanity and thats exactly what they do.
Massive track without compromises !

9. Naughty Of (Mega Mix)
For close this album with taste for more, we get well mixed mega mix of Visual Contact's releases (Like Tarim Ta-off). Imagine 2-3 crazy tracks mixes together in one long mix...my mercy go with the legs

To sum it up - "special thanks to Lish for the Hashish"

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/com/com1cd026.html

punchorama

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Oct 30, 2005 17:23
some nice tracks on this cd.
but its sound more like 2nd album of bizzare contact.
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Oct 30, 2005 18:25
Very Nice album! Good to gat crazy on the dance floor with this music
There are some annoying melodies like:

3. Technology - 3:07 but its gets batter at 3:33

4. Welcome to Mexico -6:04 disturbing and uncomfortable melody

6. Dreamland -2:45 another painful moment...and the relief at 3:00...6:42 back to the pain....7;18 another good relief- funky tune

Overall it a good album
7/10

-=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
drunktoad

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Oct 31, 2005 11:39
this album it's very very great!! i love it           P.L.U.R.
Ik3t

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Oct 31, 2005 16:47
Hey guys ...there she is a great release really, congratulations, there are a great tunes there Keep rocking with this project.

P.L.U.R - PsyFriends Prod.
PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Nov 1, 2005 10:33
Com.Pact Records in Israel has definatly become one of the most productive labels in Israel, releasing many albums and compilations each year, mostly within the full on genre. Now they are out with the first album by Visual Contact, which is a collaboration between the Com.Pact label manager dj Bog, also known as Visual Paradox, and Didy Ezra known as Bizzare Contact. Both have been releasing music for a while allready, but have finally gathered for an album together. The cover art we get this time looks totally far out. Actually really ugly, but a little bit funny too...

Visual Contact "La La Land" Com.Pact Records 2005 (CPCDIL026)

1. Technofood
2. Visual Contact
3. Technology
4. Welcome To Mexico
5. Visual Sunny Day
6. Dreamland
7. Gain Over (Live Mix)
8. Duty Freaks
9. Naughty Of (Mega Mix)

On this album we get full on Israeli trance from beginning to end. These guys sure have thrown themselves on the more clubby side of full on, just as tons of other Israeli full on artists these days. This time more fluffy than ever before. Some of these tracks goes way too far in my opinion, such as track 4 (Welcome To Mexico) which has some really cheesy euro trance melodies and those cheap guitar riffs we get way too much of in a lot of full on trance these days. In general, the melodies, riffs and take offs we get in most of these tracks sounds way too easy digestible and fluffy in my ears. Some of it gives me a feeling of that take off hardhouse that was so popular at raves worldwide a few years ago. However, a couple of tracks here sounds a bit better, such as track 7 (Gain Over) which as some more interesting sounds and samples, and track 8 (Duty Freaks), which has a little bit better melody. They have also collaborated with some other artists in many of these tracks, such as track one with Aquatica, track three with dj Feio, track five with Electro Sun and track eight with Dooper Doopler.

This album is for those of you who like the clubby side of full on. In my ears, most of these tracks become too fluffy, but I’m sure a couple of these tracks might work on some full on dance floors in early morning hours anyway.
PKS

More reviews at:

http://www.trance.net
          CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
uvego
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Nov 1, 2005 12:45
for me dissapiontment of the year, way..just beckouse Bog is in this project...i expect much more from him and i will waiting Visual Paradox album, hoping its gona be more deep and progy like before

fluffy/kidy music

6/10

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Nov 1, 2005 16:25
it's an opinion...           P.L.U.R.
Bardak

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Nov 1, 2005 23:10
this album for sure goes to the WORST album of the year list!!!
Atomic_Future
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Nov 2, 2005 00:13

Yeah... Unfortunetly this album is too fluffy for me, but there are some exeptions like "Gain Over" and my favourite track of the album witch is "Visual Sunny Day", great ideas on the breaks of the track.

The rest i dont like.

4/10
Boix

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 2, 2005 12:45
Hello!!!

i've already heard this album and man....... no words blows my mind! i was waiting for this <:o) my favorite track is Technology Congratulations!!!! and really really thanks for bring us this great album

Peace
Quantum Leap
Quantum Leap

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Nov 2, 2005 14:56
One of my favorites for 2005, great job from DD and Gadi           http://www.facebook.com/quantumleaptrance
Bardak

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Nov 2, 2005 15:57
this album is pure bullshit!!!
it sounds that all tracks made less then a month.

same all sounds, in most of the tracks & same loops over & over.
the melodies are so amatur & fluffy...plzzzzzzz

i recpect all artists work......BUT.....i dont recpect artists that dont recpect us!!!!

bass system

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Nov 3, 2005 08:14
Quote:

On 2005-11-02 08:37, The Godfarter wrote:
very very average full on
nothing great
can be missed

im sorry but this album is low then average.
this is not psytrance,if you are between 10-15 years old this album is for you!!!
enjoy...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Visual Contact - La La Land (Compact Records / October 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance