Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Miditec - Midi Station -=- USTA ( Aug. 2005 )

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Miditec - Midi Station -=- USTA ( Aug. 2005 )

full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Aug 25, 2005 01:22
Miditec - Midi Station (Underground Sound of Tel-Aviv - USTA)

Another released right from Israel to my mail, this time it's an USTA Records release: the debut album of Miki Bibas aka Miditec, a young producer from Israel. Miki is already world-wide famous because he was a member of the duo "Beat Hackers".
The album was mastered by Ronen Naor and sounds good.

Cover: http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?ust1cd504_b.jpg:CDs/ust/ust1cd504.html:;
The cover shows what I think to be a metaphor for a "futuristic Midi Station". The design was made by Sahar Mor Yosef and I liked this whole concept. On the back of the CD you will find the BPMs to each track.
There's no mention to track times and the ones I list here are what my CDJ detected.

Track list:

1. Bubbler 07:25 - 143
2. Tiger Rock Remake 07:47 - 147
3. Ayala 07:25 - 147
4. Don't Hold Back 06:38 - 145
5. Crystal Vision 07:26 - 146
6. Nitro 07:00 - 145
7. High Voltage 07:03 - 146
8. Defected 06:57 - 146
9. The Calling 06:42 - 145

Let me take you thru the music:

1. Bubbler --> The album start at 143 bpms, with nice stereo games and the beat arrives in an energetic way. This track works on dance floor is IMO is a good choice to open a DJ set. I love the melodies after the break, Miki really made it last for as long as it was needed, very good.

2. Tiger Rock Remake --> This track is much faster, 143 bpms, and develops in the right direction until the guitars arrive. This kind of guitars are not my style and I don't like it. But IMO Miki did a good move, at 4:30 there is a break and after this break the track get back to a more psychedelic. So I just mix the guitars out and keep the part I like. Also the effects at the end of the track fit easily with other tunes, so it can add some spice to mixes.

3. Ayala --> Starting with a sample full of effects, this track really grabs my attention. The first half of the track don add much, but the last half is packed with a piercing melody and the nice effects that I only saw before at Beat Hackers' tracks. One more comment about this track: the track name "Ayala" is the name of Miki's wife. I think this explain the emotions on the melodies...

4. Don't Hold Back --> Another sample I can't understand... This makes me curious... This is a collaboration with Toxical (Rotem & Eli). The approach of this track is groovier, the different bass shakes me, some nice effects, but it's not my style.

5. Crystal Vision --> This collaboration with Cosmic Station (Fingas & Lea) starts with a chanting that comes and goes thru the entire track. There is a pounding bass on this one, but it the same until the end... I compensation we have two different build ups that makes me fly! Stereo effects and melodies! Nice stuff, one of my favorites.

6. Nitro --> This one is a collaboration with Lior Lahav, also known as Solar System, another promising young producer from Israel. I can tell you: It starts in a smooth and groovy way, it is already a favorite. It develops into something different from the rest of the album, each element is added with care, with a purpose. Good work, Miki & Lior!

7. High Voltage --> This track brings back some elements from the first track with different effects and more speed. Makes me dance every time. I love these "steady build ups", the power is on and stays on, the dance floor response is a lot of smiles.

8. Defected --> Another collaboration, this time with Alex Durkain (N.O.K.). It's on the same style of most tracks here; don't think it adds something new, except for some weird effects after the main break.

9. The Calling --> Nice start, everything is going on the right way, and again some guitars show up. These are more palatable than the ones on Tiger Rock Remake, I think they add a little color to the music, anyway they go away one minute later. And we still have half of the track ahead us... This ending is a little funkier and with a blink of my eyes the album is over.

Verdict: 7.0/10. Solid debut album. Miki show us his own stuff works on dance floors and that his collaborations are also tasty. Energetic stuff that works on the dance floor, different layers of melodies and it is different from Beat Hackers, showing Miki found his own identity. IMO a point to improve would be adding different basslines to the tracks. Also there's enough space here for one more track.

Favorites: 1, 3(!), 5, 6(!).

Recommendation: For the ones who likes melodic full on this album will do it. If you're a DJ and want to add power to you morning sets without leave the melodies aside, this album fit your case.

Buy it here:
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=5088

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ust/ust1cd504.html

Miditec's website with free tracks for download:
www.miditec.co.il
Respect!          .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Twisted Juggler
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  34
Posted : Aug 25, 2005 01:47
one of the worse album i heard this year ..
Knas-Kannan

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Sep 2, 2005 15:23
I think it really sucks, i heard it at a friends house, and it felt like a total rippoff from other artists.I heard many sounds that i have heard before.
Clubber

Posted : Sep 3, 2005 15:50
Exactly like all other USTA stuff.
There no interest in the tracks.

Zoo-B, you're killing the scene you shithead.
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Sep 3, 2005 16:40
Clubber, no need to use such language... please use more civilized words to express your ideas next time.
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Clubber

Posted : Sep 6, 2005 17:03
Sorry, but it's so true
J
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Sep 6, 2005 17:32
I didn´t hate it like that...

Just found it to comon, usual!!

Not to bad... the same formula...

bOOM
it
Bardak

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Sep 6, 2005 18:33
one of the worst album i ever heard!!
poor production with same formula in all tracks...wtf
if you 10-15 years old this album is for you.

i bet ZOO-B is very proud him self with this album....lol

Esterian
Esterian Project / NOK

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Sep 7, 2005 15:46
hey miki...gratulations...looks like nice album...all the best greetings from germany.........alexxxxxxxxxxx
guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Sep 7, 2005 15:57
Excllent music IMO !
My favorites - 3,4,6,8.

Keep it up Miki !
AUDIOTEC
AUDIOTEC

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 7, 2005 17:02
nice one good like miki with this one you did good job see you around
miki!!!
spinout

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 8, 2005 12:09
i didnt found any highlights in this album.
most of the tracks are borring with the same formula over & over.
in all tracks something is missing,i mean their is no power in all tracks!!
to many breaks in a same way & coming back as they start.

sorry,but i pass this one.
no favorites tracks on this one. 3/10

Quantum Leap
Quantum Leap

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Sep 8, 2005 15:54
Miki i wish you tons of success, my favorite tracks are 3, 5, 6, keep it up achi ... boom           http://www.facebook.com/quantumleaptrance
Nygma
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Sep 11, 2005 11:07
i don't understand what makes this a psy-trance release? it's very well produced, but it just sound sooo lame and not innovative at all.

sorry, not my cup of psy at all           www.frakasoundrecords.com
fraka is a state of mind
Twisted Juggler
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  34
Posted : Sep 12, 2005 02:24
im sure he make the album in 1 month so lame
          Enjoy Life !
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Miditec - Midi Station -=- USTA ( Aug. 2005 )

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance