Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Psyfactor - Evil Inside (Trishula Records 2005) CD

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Psyfactor - Evil Inside (Trishula Records 2005) CD

DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Jun 17, 2005 16:26
Psyfactor – Evil Inside

Cover: http://tinyurl.com/agqsk

Artist: Psyfactor (Russia)
Title: Evil Inside
Format: CD (jewel case)
Label: Trishula Records (Germany)
Cat. #: TRISHCD004
Distribution: Arabesque
Date: 13 June 2005

Track listing:

01. 06’49” Shitty Bastards
02. 08’06” Ghost
03. 07’37” I’m So Happy
04. 10’08” Child Of Darkness
05. 08’04” Hell Raver
06. 08’46” Brain Destruction
07. 07’52” Angry Goblin
08. 07’03” Fear Square
09. 10’03” Good And Evil

Review:

Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me…

Psyfactor is Dmitri Korablin from Moscow, Russia. Before this, his debut album, Dmitri had released compilation tracks on Trishula, Inpsyde Media and Vertigo Records… Also he has a downbeat track on the compilation A Magical Journey released by Trishula’s sub-label Ajana Records simultaneously with this album… I really, really liked the two Trishula tracks – they both stood out on the compilations they were featured on… So yeah, I’m looking forward to this album – let’s take a walk down Elm Street…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Shitty Bastards
Now there’s a smelly track name if there ever was one… The intro is bubbling and lukewarm – somehow indicating what’s about to happen… And sure enough, it doesn’t take long before the dark bassline is introduced… More FX are added, like darkish floating pads in the background + a heavily filtered synth-line… The bassline gets really fast later on – and unfortunately also really monotonous… Dmitri manages to save the day though, by adding more FX… I like the razor-sharp chainsaw-like acid bit towards the end… Truly unruly!

#02: Ghost
The intro is really cool here… Some kind of digital whispering going on… Spooky indeed! Within a few seconds the track is in full effect – a fast-paced, driving bassline sets the pace… Closely accompanied by a bunch of twisted, dark elements… Again there are filtered acid-lines, repetitive percussion and an overall dark atmosphere… Reminds me of older Dark Soho – just darker… Darker Soho! This is a really cool tune – especially after the break and onwards…

#03: I’m So Happy
Happy all of a sudden, ehh Dimitri? I guess this is closest we get to full-on on this dark album… It’s perhaps a little lighter than the first two tracks… But still, there’s nothing happy about this tune… It’s very dark, with rippling noisy elements… There’s some kind of dark melody thing going on here – designed to mess with you… I’m a sucker for acid-lines, and this track is riddled with those… A mad track… Mad I tell you! …I like it! Sweet!

#04: Child Of Darkness
“Spock, this child is about to wipe out every living thing on Earth! Now what do you suggest we do? Spank it…?” Cheesy track name aside, this track also has a very cool intro… Some kind of low ripping sound messing with your head, whilst tension is building in anticipation of the beloved bassline… Once it appears it’s accompanied by a naïve little synth melody – and the low crackling sounds are still around… Add a low, spacey acid-line and you’ve got a winner… This is a huge, driving, brilliant track!

#05: Hell Raver
Another track name that will make your mother proud… The bassline here starts out somewhat more blunt, but once the impressive rhythm section is introduced it takes on a fuller body… The acid-level is even phatter here than in the previous tracks… Oh my, this is brutal stuff… Very Parvati-like… Sweeeeeeeet!

#06: Brain Destruction
As if your brain wasn’t already destroyed by the first 5 haunting tracks – it will be after this brutal assault on your eardrums… This is one of the fastest tracks here – the bassline is simply merciless… And the acid is running thick… Perhaps the bassline is a little too fast, but generally this is a pretty nice track… I also dig the Twin Peaks-like atmosphere that Dmitri creates in the first part of the track – and the last part is simply MASSIVE… Nicey nice!

#07: Angry Goblin
Another very well crafted intro here… Moody, eerie and spooky… This is arch-typical, dark Russian vodka trance… Dark, introvert and repetitive – but still extremely trippy and dancefloor friendly… Similar to Parasense really… Oh, how I love those murky pads with ripping, filtered acid-lines bouncing along… Also the ending rocks – would be an obvious choice for DJs to drop as the last track in a dark set… Another fine track!

#08: Fear Square
Again the acid is running thick and the bassline is a deep, dark and pounding monster! Dmitri has a thing with filters – and somehow he manages to twist and turn those knobs just right… It sounds so fucking good – and I can’t wait to hear this one played loud on the dancefloor! Eat your heart out Goa Gil – this is horror-trance! Tasty!

#09: Good And Evil
As legend has it, the last track is usually for experimentation… And so is this! But if you were hoping for a nice chilled tune by Psyfactor, I’d suggest you seek out the Ajana compilation A Magical Journey… ‘Cause this may be experimental, but it’s not chilled at all… This is a little lighter than some of the previous tracks, but still, it’s pretty dark… Something like dark full-on would be a good bid… By far the most melodic piece here – with darkish elements all over the place… Pretty good, but not outstanding…

Oh my – this album is definitely not for the fainthearted… With the exception of maybe the last track, everything here is dark, eerie and spooky… Fast-paced, acid-ridden, hyper-trance with industrial-sounding basslines and technoid appearances… Sweet!

To be honest I don’t really like the cover – it’s more cheesy than scary… Also, I don’t like the trend with spooky (alleged) track names… I mean, what the hell is a ‘hell raver’ anyway? Angry goblin? Come on – you’re not scaring anyone Dimitri… But let’s not judge a CD by its cover – let the music speak for itself… And the music is very, very good here… I’m really impressed! This is the best darkpsy artist album I’ve heard since Kemic-Al’s Twisted Parameters… I pretty much like all the tracks here, and as such this is a safe investment for any fan of the darker realms of psytrance… Fans of the previous Trishula releases will not be disappointed, nor will fans of Parvati, Yage Records, Stoneage, Inpsyde Media and other similar labels… To put it short, this album is essential for fans of dark psytrance! …Enjoy!

Favourites: 2, 3, 4(!), 5(!), 6, 7, 8(!)

DeathPosture

External links:
Trishula: http://www.trishula-records.com
TranceShop: http://tinyurl.com/89smy
Beatspace: http://tinyurl.com/b5nxt
Psyshop: http://tinyurl.com/c5h8q
Chaos: http://tinyurl.com/bk9fd
PsySale: http://tinyurl.com/d5bgn
Saiko: http://tinyurl.com/ad5go
Ajuca: http://tinyurl.com/8vora           On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
Lithium
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Jun 17, 2005 17:49
great album from a great artist

i think this album is a must for any upcoming summer party or festival.

good work

dtmoney
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jun 17, 2005 20:23
I don't like this album at all. The bassline in every song sounds completely identical to each other. Whether the album is dark or not, there is just not enough diversity in it.

Psyfactor: You talked all that shit about the shpongle 3 album, but in terms of over all enjoyment, composition, and sound effects, simon's album is light years beyond yours. You people get to damn cocky when you someone gives you a fucking synth.

TheSupreme
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jun 17, 2005 20:50
killer CD might be CD of the year
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Jun 17, 2005 20:58
psyfactor, bro! i think your release will be one of most popular in 2005 year. dont know do you like this or not i was rather surprised that now you have released ambient also. it is very good news form all sides. keep it rocking and you know...
and deathposture... tremendous review just as always. my respect.
          Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
J
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Jun 17, 2005 21:32
Oh my!!!

For Dark lovers, a must have CD. I'm starting to lose my mind here!!

One of 2005 bests!! For sure!!!

DARK TO ALL

it
Biniu

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 18, 2005 16:32
The best album in 2005 for now but Derango and Para Halu albums are coming......
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Jun 18, 2005 17:02
i'm not surprised at all reading all these positive comments, Psyfactor's released tracks till now were amazing. looking forward to get the cd and reviewing it...
fullom
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 19, 2005 14:18
Sounds like Deviant Species sped up!
          (`*•.¸(`*•.¸ ¸.•*´)¸.•*´)
FULL-OM PSYCHEDELIC TRANCE
(¸.•*´(¸.•*´ `*•.¸)`*•.¸)
psyfactor
psyfactor

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jun 21, 2005 17:28
Quote:

On 2005-06-17 20:23, dtmoney wrote:
I don't like this album at all. The bassline in every song sounds completely identical to each other. Whether the album is dark or not, there is just not enough diversity in it.

Psyfactor: You talked all that shit about the shpongle 3 album, but in terms of over all enjoyment, composition, and sound effects, simon's album is light years beyond yours. You people get to damn cocky when you someone gives you a fucking synth.

yo man! i dedicated this album for u!! hehehehehe)))))

2 DeathPosture
yo man! sorry for the cover and tracknames,
i just wanted to see what i wanted to see))
in next time i will make some more interesting and scary(btw i really didnt wanted to scare anyone, for me it is just an easylistening music which i wanted to release) and about tracknames - 5 tracks i needed to remixed because most of them are went thru the internet, thats why they change their structure and names didnt changed...........but thanx anyway for all coments))

p.s. no need to jugje the first production of every artist)           http://www.myspace.com/psyfactor666
Psyfactor - Futurised (ambient album) OUT NOW!!!
www.ajana-records.com
-Rudra-

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jun 22, 2005 18:35
Nice to see all the comments

Matan, the cds are on the way.           www.trishula-records.com
www.trishula-media.com
www.ajana-records.com
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Jun 24, 2005 08:15
Artist: Psyfactor

Album: Evil Inside

Label: Trishula Records

Year: 2005

Format: CD

Label Blurb:

"The trishula is a three-pronged weapon which symbolizes the destruction of the ego with its three-fold desires of the body, mind and intellect. Lord Shiva with his weapon indicates his victory over his ego and attainment of the state of perfection" It is also an independent record label producing groovy to night-time and seriously dark psychedelic trance.

Songs:
01. Shitty Bastards (147 BPM's)
02. Ghost (148 BPM's)
03. I'm So Happy (148 BPM's)
04. Child Of Darkness (147 BPM's)
05. Hellraver (148 BPM's)
06. Brain Destruction (147 BPM's)
07. Angry Goblin (148 BPM's)
08. Fear Square (147 BPM's)
09. Good And Evil (150 BPM's)

The artwork and the song names make the implication this is a dark CD, but I don't think Psyfactor is taking on the role too seriously. I feel acertain kinship in the cover with the posters of horror movies in the fifties and sixties, there is even a little Planet of the Apes quality to it. We know it is bizarre it seems they are trying to scare us, but we just can't help but feel curiosity instead of terror.

Evil Inside unfolds in between dark atmospheric surroundings, alongside mechanized beats at high speeds. The heavily distorted riffs rumble like the gastric juices of a beast having ingested some electronic device that still half-works. If metal would have dropped the guitars for dark psychedelic trance, it would sound a little like Psyfactor. It is an evolution from the industrial sound dating back from the days of Front Line Assembly & Front 242, when the synthesizers and power cords mixed together and made something dark, electric and satisfying. Many of us would rather not remember psy trance has some roots in this genre, because admittedly some of it might not sound very musical. Dimitry is exploring this edge of cacophony and of dark realms with a skew Goa inclination. The melodies mutate and intertwine in between notes and electrical impulses in the purest form of sonic energy (pardon the pun).

This is what Batman plays in the Batmobile when he is feeling like running over old-ladies; back when Tim Burton was in charge. Defining his sound for me would be placing it somewhere in between Manifold's eerie production style and the never-ending melodic mutations of Chromatome on a dark Halloween day… not forgetting the Kindzadza kick and bass. I find the beat patterns a bit droning at times though, even if the thing works better triple espresso. With his collaboration on V/A – A Magical Journey (Ajana records ) i'd like to think there is an interesting talent developing.

My highlights :

02. Ghost
How can so many random effects be so tightly harmonized? There is a ghost in this machine and he is sure missing a few screws. The ghost rides high on this track with a squelching riff that just keeps on going. Every effect for simple it may sound, slowly seems to evolve in a melodic manner as the synapses in my brain keep exploding of enjoyment.

06. Brain Destruction
And we continue burning more... synapses, with is one. It feels like metal-trance fusion if it wasn't for those eerie pads. The drum work is deep and fat, counting the atmospheric moments much like in the Dracula movie. In between there is that heavily distorted riff that leaves me wondering if I should be dancing or crushing people in a moshpit.

08. Fear Square
'The square' gives you ample time to overlay this one correctly in a set without much fear structural changes in the 4/4 composition. Three minutes into the thing and changes start occurring rapidly, with intertwined melodies mixing alongside the squelchy sounds that have been there since the beginning. Minute five rolls around and it just hits you, this makes sense…

09. Good And Evil
This one is an obvious attempt at making Psyfactor a little more accessible for those who are not that crazy about the dark psychedelic affair. The song moves like a battle in between uplifting melodies and dark demented synths in one crossbreed of transient vibes. Who wins the battle? The lucky chaps dancing the night away i suppose.

saiko samples
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/show_artist.asp?artist_id=4219

Chaos Unlimited
http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.asp?LR=TRISHCD04

Psyshop
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/trr/trr1cd004.html

elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
fullom
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 24, 2005 09:15
Wow track 3 and track 5 have some serious stomp going on. I really like these 2!           (`*•.¸(`*•.¸ ¸.•*´)¸.•*´)
FULL-OM PSYCHEDELIC TRANCE
(¸.•*´(¸.•*´ `*•.¸)`*•.¸)
kabooki_cat

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 24, 2005 11:34
good for dancing music, very hard stuff. but very minimal not very psychadelic for me.

Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Jun 24, 2005 16:55
Quote:

On 2005-06-24 11:34, kabooki_cat wrote:
good for dancing music, very hard stuff. but very minimal not very psychadelic for me.

minimal? i don't think many people would call that... as for psychedelic i would beg to differ... but to each their own
          elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Psyfactor - Evil Inside (Trishula Records 2005) CD

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance