Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Psyfactor - Evil Inside (Trishula Records 2005) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Psyfactor - Evil Inside (Trishula Records 2005) CD

DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Jun 24, 2005 19:30
maybe I wouldn't call it minimal per se - banging dark tech-trance at 148 bpm. there's ntweaks and noises in those tracks and acid lines, etc. overall, though, I agree with kabooki_cat - there just isn't enough brain stimulation in there to hold my attention.

..it's just another party..
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Jun 26, 2005 19:18
Review by psytones

Psyfactor from Moscow-Russia is finally out with his dark-psy inspired debut album, “Evil Inside”. People have been waiting this debut release, so have I!

Dimitri Korablin, known as Psyfactor, has earlier released compilation tracks on Trishula, Inpsyde Media and Vertigo Records. Last compilation track from Psyfactor is to be found on the Downbeat/chill compilation “A Magical Journey”, released by Trishula’s sub-label Ajana Records.

Cover: http://tinyurl.com/agqsk

Psyfactor “Evil Inside” (Trishula Records) 2005 (TRISHCD004)

Track listing:

1 Shitty Bastards (6:49)
2 Ghost (8:06)
3 I'm So Happy (7:37)
4 Child Of Darkness (10:08)
5 Hell Raver (8:04)
6 Brain Destruction (8:46)
7 Angry Goblin (7:52)
8 Fear Square (7:03)
9 Good And Evil (10:33)

As I push play on my CD-player, I get a feeling of mystique and rolling baselines. The album does not hesitate to show you what it is all about. It’s about massive rolling baselines and some strange sounds swirling around the tracks. The end … Ha-ha … Well, one cant really review a album this way, so lets take a closer look inside, lets see if we really can find the “Evilness” that Psyfactor claims to be inside his debut album.

This album starts really hard, pushing already after a few seconds. Here we get a typical rolling dark-psy baseline, but this is what a lot of people want in the nigh these days. The first track, “Shitty Bastards” starts off with a sound of mystique which I do enjoy a lot. This hypnotic mystique sound keeps on playing throe out the track … And it doesn’t take long before the rolling baseline kicks in. It’s a good track with nice FX, and it does have a great feeling inside. It’s a very hypnotic track indeed.
Second track on the album which is named “Ghost” begins off well with some nice sound FX and a small build-up. The baseline has been changed a bit from the first track. This track is faster, more intense and it makes you want to “Take-off” on its wicked sounds and power! It’s a great fast-forward track with filtered acid-lines and a dark atmosphere. And after the brake … I suggest you hold on to your hat while dancing, because this is insane! Love the digital voice effect and general “power” feeling of this track.
“I’m So Happy” … Why if I may ask? Because there isn’t anything happy about this track Dimitri. This track is again, dark with intense cool acid-lines and a tempo that makes you sweaty in your knickers! Mad ending, mad track!

After this “happy” track, Psyfactor turns evil. Yes, I think I have found some evilness within his veins. “Child Of Darkness” must be one of my favorite tracks on this debut album. The intro, power and feeling in this track really get to me. I’m amazed.
Quote from the track goes like this. “Spock, this child is about to wipe out every living thing on Earth! Now what do you suggest we do? Spank it…?” …ha-ha! Now how cool isn’t that eh? I really do adore the intense driving power of this track. Great track name to a great track. Way the go Dimitri! Indeed a “killaarrgghh” on the dance floor! After getting my breath back from this insane track, I turn to the next one.
“Hell Raver” … Don’t know about the name, but let’s hope it sounds like a track fitted for a rave in Hell. It starts off very calm and not so “evil” like the starting tracks. Same mystique sound FX swirling around. The beat comes in slow, but rises as the track evolves. Nothing special so far... But it gets better, faster and more innovating. But nah, nothing original about this track at all. For me, a very boring track. Not very “Hell Ravish” at all.
Moving on to the track “Brain Destruction”. Nice title. Let’s see if it can live up to its name shall we... The track starts off in a very "russian sound" feeling, with squeaking noises and a feeling of darkness. The baseline drops in, and we’re at it again. Mystique feelings, dark atmosphere and some nice acid-lines. After 5 minutes, the whole track gets a facelift with intense synths, and the beat picks up even more!

Goblins! I love goblins. When people use the term “Goblin” in a track title, the track usually gets pretty freaky and trippy. A good example would be “Talpa – Trust No Goblin” which is one of the craziest tracks out there. Now it’s Psyfactor’s turn to show us his “Angry Goblin”. Ok. Me like, me like a lot. Again, great power track with great Goblin atmosphere. Love the small buildups and the drive. Very psychedelic and dance floor friendly… Intense! After this admirable track, we move on to “Fear Square” which is more of a bouncy track with nice trippy sounds floating around, like breathing and acid lines. After 4 minutes or so, the track becomes floating and harmonic. Great track for the dance floor. Great for tripping! This must be the “softest” track on the album because of the floating end, not because of the baseline.
Last but not least we get a Ying-Yang track from Psyfactor with the track title “Good and Evil”. The final track starts off very calm and peaceful with nice floating sounds, until the acid-line and baseline kicks in. At 1.30 minutes the “evil” side jumps in to steal your attention from the good side. As the track evolves the good side tries to take over. It manages to break throe and show us some light in the darkness. This battle of good and evil continues while the track emerges into collaboration between the two powers. After 6 minutes and 30 seconds things turn around to the dark side again, flipping the track around making it evil, yes, finally some more evilness has been discovered! This is truly a schizophrenic track with a battle between evil and good. Evil conquers the good. But fear not, at the end, good emerges and finishes off the track, and the album.

Overall a great debut album from mister Korablin! I feel that this album pretty much represents the new dark-psy flow that we are having these days. And he manages to give us quality tracks that can be fitted for both “kids”, and the more picky fans of dark psy-trance. It does get a bit boring and the baseline sounds very identical to each other. It may be a dark album, but there is just not enough diversity in it. Psyfactor has great skills, and uses these skills over and over again in the tracks. But a little bit more variation would be highly appreciated. Maybe the next album will show us more progress? Still, I do recommend this album because of the tracks it self. If you are a DJ and want dark Full-On tracks for the crowd, then don’t hesitate to get this album! If your sick and tired of the same baselines rolling along the side of strange sounds and FX. I suggest you find another album to buy. I presume Psyfactor wants to have the same respect and admiration that fellow Russian dark-psy acts like "Fungus Funk" and "Psykovsky" got. But i dont know ...This album is in lack of something. Not trippy enough? It shure is powerfull enough, I'll give him that!

-psytones (psytones@gmail.com)

Where to buy this album:

http://www.psyshop.com
http://www.trance-shop.com
http://www.saikosounds.com
http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk
mindflow

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 6, 2005 22:30
One of the best sounding releases i have ever heard. Rough, tough sounds combined to simple and scary melodies. Mmm.. I'm looking forward to the next release

Btw.. How the hell can bass and kick sound so good? How they are created?
mindflow

Posted : Jul 6, 2005 22:32
Quote:

On 2005-06-17 20:23, dtmoney wrote:
I don't like this album at all. The bassline in every song sounds completely identical to each other. Whether the album is dark or not, there is just not enough diversity in it.

Psyfactor: You talked all that shit about the shpongle 3 album, but in terms of over all enjoyment, composition, and sound effects, simon's album is light years beyond yours. You people get to damn cocky when you someone gives you a fucking synth.

Hahah.. Ime persettä tyhmä jenkki.
psyfactor
psyfactor

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jul 11, 2005 23:20
Quote:

On 2005-07-06 22:30, mindflow wrote:
One of the best sounding releases i have ever heard. Rough, tough sounds combined to simple and scary melodies. Mmm.. I'm looking forward to the next release

Btw.. How the hell can bass and kick sound so good? How they are created?

tripple drum kick(with level down velocity or delay) and bass not in first note with kick))           http://www.myspace.com/psyfactor666
Psyfactor - Futurised (ambient album) OUT NOW!!!
www.ajana-records.com
filter

Started Topics :  87
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 07:49
hahaha triple drum kick!

thats something i have to try!!           Psychedelic Trance from Argentina
www.darkprisma.com.ar
www.megalopsy.com.ar
www.psytrance.com.ar

Megalopsy Travel Blog
http://megalopsy.blogspot.com
BAPHOMET_ENGINE
Baphomet Engine

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jul 16, 2005 08:55
all the best dimitri
killer and classic album
bastard
          -------
Manic Dragon Records
http://www.myspace.com/baphometengine
2to6 Records
Optik

Posted : Jul 16, 2005 17:42
yeah, it kick's ass...respect man
--
[offtop]2 Baphomet Engine
new unreleased stuff...when?
kukan-dub-lagan/ItaiTaiko
kukan-dub-lagan/ItaiTaiko

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Jul 17, 2005 13:15
great style
and a great cd
all my best           Check out my music page - free music , new style and more :)
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Jul 18, 2005 12:00
great cd very good!!           ...
Ananda604
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  57
Posted : Jul 19, 2005 02:22
I loved all Psyfactor previous releases, can't wait to hear this one , hope its good and dark as the rest and I can't wait to host you here in Israel and hear you live
cheers mate!

-Nitz           +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Infernal Terror -
http://www.myspace.com/infernalterrorhome

http://www.reverbnation.com/infernalterror
duncan

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 26, 2005 12:54
Hello. this is a BOMB on the dancefloors!
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Aug 8, 2005 16:05
1 In Shitty Basterds like in others tunes (4,5,6,7) in Evil Inside, you feel this haunted pensylvanian castle impress : dark, gloomy of course but i would retain mainly misty & scheming-mysterious as musical concepts. This is not the rougher, hardcore side of darkpsy that Psyfactor delivers here (& in general in this album), which means it focuses more on atmospheres & don’t receal these very high tense bassline (tense a bit but not so much). More specificly here, the beat is galopping coppled with a ghostish interrogative lead.

2 Strangely i consider Ghost not to express what suggests the tittle compared to the previous one. Actually the content is more nervous, jerky & trippy, i would introduce it as more classical darkpsy construction with high triturated tones like from 4’35 ; a n effective stuff more dedicated to the dancefloor.

3 I’m So Happy, ok you guess it, the tune doesn’t turn morning or happy melodic although what says the title.
My feeling with the melodic lead from 1’54 is about something cantankerous like a crocodile searchin for a prey & doesn’t want it to esacape from its jaw. At 5’17, the croco catches something and then follows a scene where the little prey (according to the little backgrounded shy bleepy sound contasted with the heavy croco assimiliated lead) try to struggle. An apocalyptic layer appears at 6’38 pre-announcing the battle’s result : only the little prey sound very talkactive resonnates, still alive for this time ; the croco was probably still a bit sleepy.

4 My impress on Child of Darkness is an archelogist discovering & entering an abandonned subterranean place swarming with malfeasants creatures that he’s disturbing with his torch for the first time since milleniums. Due to his professional curiosity about the place, he feels the need to explore it deeply whereas more he goes foreward, more he gets spyed on by the creatures. Too much curiosity isn’t from the taste of the living creatures of the place (giant scarabees, red ants, snakes, bats & hairy spiders), that at 6’12 it’s time to consider the easy way out : to take to flight within the last 3 minutes. This is at this period that i just realize the bassline is very Shift alike whereas it was appearing since the beginning.

5 From the start of Hell Raver you can listen to kinda betwitched zombies voices and this all along the tune. At 2’38 the apocalyptic feeling is reinforced with a new lead. At 3’56 after a break, the bassline-kick combo mutes into an bolted rythmic cardiac feeling like just after when you’ve proceed to a short but intensily violent physical effort ; consequently the tune evolves in a freakier way.

6 Here the alone layer (excepting rythmic) upto 2’10 is nicely nebulous & mysterious then get rejoin by more corossive lead. Already experienced touching an electric enclosure to check what kind of sound it can procurred ? At 4’48 you probably have a sonic element close of the answer, btw no need to extended too much the test except if you want to obtain a Brain Destruction.

7 Angry Goblin has a similar structure as track 2, except the additionnal add of the haunted castle feeling & with main specificity an heavy rumbling bass.

8 Fear Squarel also receal a quite tense atmosphere with a hard pumping kick-bass combo & an apocalyptic layer. On the end the song turns to less gloomy but more hypnotic spiralitic. If you want it to brainblast your brain, choose this tune.

9 Good And Evil plays on the antogonism of the tittle : an alchemy made with an alternance of psydark & more psy-morning (pretty dreamy, cosmic floating layer & lead at beginning, & at 4’55 especially) moments. It’s also a clever way of ending up more chilly the album without completly reny the dominant psydark flavor present all along Evil Inside.

climaxs :1,4,8,9
all the others tracks as alternative choices, no bad one.

Here’s another opportunity with Psyfactor (Dimitry Korablin) and his Evil Inside album to check that not only Parasense was able to come out from Russia as talentuous psytrance artists. If you’re fond of artists like Shift, Twisted System, this album is made for you.

7,5/10
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Jun 28, 2010 14:28
This cd is still rocking . Damn good music to groove to after an exhausting workout. gets my endorphins in hyperactive mode.

get back to making dark music!           missing plug-in
d1m1tr1
Dark Elf

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jun 29, 2010 12:51
Yes i still like it too !!!
Last Thursday played two tracks of it in a small party in Athens !           http://darkelf.gr
http://www.sonic-loom.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Psyfactor - Evil Inside (Trishula Records 2005) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance