1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Artists vs Traders

Andy

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Dec 23, 2004 21:12
Artists are complaining about people trading thier tracks on the net. But all artists that do remixes of old trax doesnt pay anything to the writer of the track. Like Micheal Jackson - Billy Jean (minilouge rmx) Or several rmxs on Nirvana trax lately. I cant believe that Son kite guys have payed Michael Jackson. I love the rmx of the track anyway.
Lithium
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Dec 23, 2004 21:41
yes for sure, and all those artists who complain about that, they all use warazed software lol
Lithium
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Dec 23, 2004 21:42
just like the big djs lol, that say they don´t play mp3, its fukin funny
H2O
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  16
Posted : Dec 23, 2004 23:03
I think Seb has payed Micheal Jackson other way, you know...
Intresting topic but i don't think artists care so kinda pointless. Artists do what good for them as we all human do.
P.s. swedish kids are so sweet
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Dec 24, 2004 01:53
What you are trying to connect and compare here just doesnt make sense.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Dec 24, 2004 06:09
uh huuuh artist are so bad so let's justify it by stealing their music! After all they sample other artists music and steal software... bad bad artists
EYB
Noized

Started Topics :  111
Posted : Dec 24, 2004 08:53
Quote:

On 2004-12-23 23:03, H2O wrote:
I think Seb has payed Micheal Jackson other way, you know...

LOL

--------

@Detox sure makes a lot of sense: If u steal u can't complain that someone steal from u.

@HandA don't talk shit            Signature
zooter
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  44
Posted : Dec 24, 2004 10:52
very valid crib...but still something tells me that this topic is gonna be history soon...

just because somebody does something bad does not mean that gives us the right to do bad...imho
krelm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Dec 24, 2004 13:21
Quote:

On 2004-12-23 21:12, Andy wrote:
Artists are complaining about people trading thier tracks on the net. But all artists that do remixes of old trax doesnt pay anything to the writer of the track. Like Micheal Jackson - Billy Jean (minilouge rmx) Or several rmxs on Nirvana trax lately. I cant believe that Son kite guys have payed Michael Jackson. I love the rmx of the track anyway.

Ah, the wheels of justification are turning....

Minilogue hasn't (and won't) released the Michael Jackson remix. It hasn't even gotten out on the net (AFAIK) amongst traders. Many of the bootlegs/remixes of popular tracks that are being played are the same situation - they won't ever be officially released (ie, the artist won't make any money off of them).

AFAIK, it is not illegal for an artist to sit down and remix a popular track in their studio. They don't have to pay any licensing or royalties. If they want to actually release the track, that's when they have to pay - and the vast majority of these "remix" tracks in the psy scene are never (and will never be) released.

One obvious exception is 1200 Mics ("Acid for Nothing"), but I doubt too many people will be feeling sorry for them if they do get in trouble for skipping out on official licensing. I personally feel they crossed a line of professional ethics that should not have been crossed.

From a more practical standpoint....

When an artist remixes a popular track and doesn't release it, they aren't exactly preventing sales of the original version. The artist who originally did the track (and the label that released it) won't lose any money from lost sales. If it's not released, they don't lose any money from unpaid licensing/royalties.

When people trade tracks on the net, and download rather than buying (not all people trading, but definitely a non-negligable percentage), they are taking sales away from the artist/label.

The two aren't even comparable, and artists remixing popular tracks for live purposes only is a stupid justification for trading, IMO.

And I would guess that Seb & Marcus both have purchased many Michael Jackson CDs in their lifetimes.
          -----------------
Dr. Krelm DJ Mixes and Broken Symmetry archives - http://www.krelmatrix.com

Broken Symmetry on MCast - coming in 2007....
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Dec 24, 2004 22:01
EYB trust me artists like Wizzy Noise,Deedrah,Dino Psaras and more pay for all of their software and hardware so they can complain about people trading their music in the net.

This topic is too general and its at least silly to say that artists cant complain about their music being illegaly traded in the net especially those that pay for the programs that they use.

Next question please.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Gollum
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Dec 24, 2004 22:09
Quote:

On 2004-12-24 22:01, DETOX wrote:
EYB trust me artists like Wizzy Noise,Deedrah,Dino Psaras and more pay for all of their software and hardware so they can complain about people trading their music in the net.

This topic is too general and its at least silly to say that artists cant complain about their music being illegaly traded in the net especially those that pay for the programs that they use.

Next question please.

I definetley agree with you!!!!

Most of the Artist use liceneced software this gives them the right to complain y somebody is trading their music!!

PEACE!
Brain_Storm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Dec 24, 2004 23:24
Well Well . the same old moral dilemma comes back to hunt us .
i have one stand on this issue and it says then since artists use the web and the sharing softwares to promote their tracks and works they can not complain about songs beeing shared on the web .
i see it as the price to pay for the service they r givven .
EYB
Noized

Started Topics :  111
Posted : Dec 25, 2004 00:44
Quote:

I am sure they use and used warez sometimes, coz it is almost impossible to buy it all if u have not billion €.

BTW Happy Xmas!!!!!

(Thirt try to greet Isratrancers)            Signature
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Dec 25, 2004 00:58
Quote:

On 2004-12-25 00:44, EYB wrote:
Quote:

I am sure they use and used warez sometimes, coz it is almost impossible to buy it all if u have not billion €.

BTW Happy Xmas!!!!!

(Thirt try to greet Isratrancers)

And so what if they did? Does that justify peoples stealing of their music? You people just cant stop coming up with more and more bad excuses for justifying your stealing of artists music! In my eyes those of you that make these excuses all the time are nothing but pathetic lame thieves who deserve little respect. At least admit you steal the music instead of putting the blaim on the artists. is this a Kindergarden?
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Artists vs Traders

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance