Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Entropy - The Second Law of Thermodynamics - Doof Records

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Entropy - The Second Law of Thermodynamics - Doof Records

tract
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Jun 24, 2004 16:14
Well I got this disc this week from Doof Records and it is a smashing release...

1.Nobody Really Knows
2.Time & Space
3.Nowhere
4.Empty Handed (rmx)
5.The Second Law of Thermodynamics
6.Fog x
7.Dish
8.Analogous
9.Crunchy
10.Looking Hot

1. Damm funky with the rolling kick and synths. Makes my booty shake a lot and is
a great opener to the album as it doesn't charge straight into the pounding style. I use this one in the morning at parties and people like it as its not to relentless.

2. This one takes no prisoners and is my second favorite on the disc!!. The drop in kicks to the tight 16th and percussion make for a pounding excursion that makes the kids scream. I play some fungus Funk tracks to so this fits right in with those. I especially like the punchy, crisp kickdrum it works very very well in the track

3. Another one with the funky kickdrums and percussion breaks, it is a good direction this track takes but I did find a few of the harsher droning noises a bit rough on my head. It does work well on the
dancefloor though and I have seen it's work

4. The big favorite and a beautiful remix of the original track. This will be huge here in Australia this winter, the original mix was massive here. Musically it does good things, the scratching of the first is reduced but it retains the tight hard drums and the addition of the extra noises and synths works very well. Top work with this remix!!!

5. Another nice rocking track that goes well in the dawn early morning time here. It has a lot of subtle flavours that rise up through the music and for this reason I like it quite a lot. It also is having a lot of groove in it and contrasts the other harder elements in this album from Entropy when I listen to the whole disc.

6. Ok this is my favorite on the disc. It is hard, pounds and doesn't fuck around. 100% quality night music from your label and the artists with this one. I love the samples and the growling noises through it. 10/10 it does not get much better than this one for me. Totally pumps the dance floor when I begin my set with this so
I love it heheheh

7. I listen to this and think it has a very chunky sound. I do like the echoes of tin and metal sounds in it but it doesn't immediately grab me,....maybe after the last track it is a bit slower. The sample is very cool though and the eerieness will work

8. A very hypnotic rhythm runs through this one and I find it a good one to unwind to. Not a track I would normally play in my sets but I do know others that like this rocking, slower sound.

9. Another slower excursion, I like the hihats on this the way the drop in and out. The bass is too round for my sound
but the track does stomp and it does so well.

10. Hehehe again this is way groovey number...I do like but not for my dj sets.

More of this sound please! an all round great album from Entropy!!           http://www.killahtea.com/

Underground Psychedelic Nightmusic
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Jul 1, 2004 12:25
Omer & Pitt as Entropy have produced their second album made of dark psytrance.

Verdict :
I don’t know their previous album, i just listen to Pedro & Kopsses Event (remix) on the EST comps, comparing to these ones i find less creativity in The Second Law Of Thermodynamics & it’s dissapointing in its originality (lots of tracks look like each other).
Furthermore the musical content is a bit weak for a second album, it would be OK if it would have been a debut one.

Best tracks :2,6,9

Mark :6,5/10
ThiagoNAKA
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Jul 1, 2004 18:08

Killer artists name!!! AWWEEESSSOOOME album name!!!!

Cheersss....

btw, never listened this one...           LOADING...
eben

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 8, 2004 15:40
hey whts going on?
how did you get to hear this allready?
i thought i'm the first to review this album.
i'll have my full review out soon but just as a teaser, this is one fucking amazing peace of cheese-free psy. i just loved it.
what a progress from kopsses. and the sound is just super, one of the best productions i've heard. fat but not over compressed.
i'll be back after the wekend with a full review. i have to hear this on a big system and entropy are playing live tomorrow...
uv doofy

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 8, 2004 17:27
The second law of thermodynamics is one of the more basic physical laws that govern the way our world behaves. Basically this law says that in total, for any spontaneous process, the world ends out more disordered than how it started, this is why smoke ever expands and drifts away and is not clinked to the tip of your joint. the world tends to disorder and randomness a property which is called ENTROPY.
Nature is based on a constant struggle between minimizing energy (the first law) and increasing entropy (the second law). On one hand always seeking stability (which usually means low energy) and on the other hand trying to expand & mix (increasing entropy). Philosophically this is true for our inner world just as much as it is to our outer world. Think about it while listening to this album…. i find it hypnotic.

http://www.secondlaw.com/two.html
http://www.panspermia.org/seconlaw.htm
http://www.entropylaw.com/

drug666s666tore
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jul 9, 2004 10:18
YElooOooO!!!

ONE of The best albuns i listen in my life ... gREat quality and great BASS and KIK!! and very stong tooOOo!

Amazing the ambient i lOVE iT!!

PEOple they buy the compact disc! is very nice for all cases!!

Keep This Spirit
krisamadhi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Jul 9, 2004 23:46
Entropy : The Second Law Of Thermodynamics
Review by: kri
kri@touchsamadhi.com
www.touchsamadhi.com

Label: Doof 
Catalogue No.: DOOFCD14

01. Nobody Really Knows
Starting out with some ditry distored drum breaks with star trek
samples. Pounding right from the get go with with heavy bass and kick , throwing
some delayed squirms around. It picks up the pace with little guitar stabs and
drum breaks then into the sample break down. kicks back in with a stronger squirmer
and drinvin it right along dark and heavy style. **

02. Time & Space
Glitching intro slow build then dadadada drivin bassline. Then wham even harder!
Nice drum breaks then back into the pounding! still keeping the glitch to the tk and
adding some wormy sounds cricking on through. Dropping back down with some squirms.
ponuding even heavyer and breaking out the grinder sounds. Excellent dark driver.****

03. Nowhere
This track keeps trucking along with the deep and dark pumping drive. swirllers
taking off to the cosmos then wham back into driving pound. Very nice wormy squirms keeping
the track alive! Great deep and dark grinder! ****

04. Empty Handed (Rmx)
Pumping right along with nice driving breaks with whipping cracks. Here come the worms
grinding along! Trippleing laser shots into the steel drum. Taking back off with the laser pops
squirming its way along quite nicely! the screaming fall into the low grinder sound, building
building then elfs start playing electro static ping pong. Small laser shots and nice stabs!
This gets a deep wormy grinder ****

05. The Second Law Of Thermodynamics
Bong -g-g-g-g starting off techy breaking down swoosh into watery style driver moving right along
staying with the bong and water into some nice squirmers. Rubber band playing under water into a tweak'n
driver, grinding here and there. Shaken it in freak out mode, made for the woods by a lake! ***

06. Fog X
Now lifting high but staying drinving and pumping along with the high hats rolling in!
picking the speed back up with this one, nice swooshes and pingers. worming it right along! al right
taking off on this one powering up! Getting down to the program! this is diffidently made for an
asheville stomper style!!! Driving power Crunch!!!! *****

07. Don’t Have a Dish
Dropping back down to the stutter bass. swoosh, plingy, swirling, drive. pingy pang drum
hits with little zaps. Stuttering sounds panning into i have lost it feel. Where am i going?
OH yeah banging sticks with tirbes! ***

08. Analogous
Grooving bassline keepin it deep and dark. Stutter crackle metal stick banging style
drums. Oh yeah dancing by the waterfall getting down in the mud and dirty style!! ***

09. Crunchy
Loveing the intro, into pump bass zinging into the crackels and pops of the breaks!
Keeping it deep and dark, The crackeling drums in this one really does the trick for ya!
Can you say pound your hands in the dirt. Zapping right along, keeping it dirty and crackely.
alittle ping pong sound, swooshing in and out. Bopping keeping it driving! Dark dance floor killer!
deep and dark *****

10. Looking Hot
Springy bassline whooping drum breaks, boouong tin hits, driving staying deep and dark.
Wormers bouncing around throwing voices, laughing. Dinginginging with the tin hits.
Good ending trk. **           Kri
Mastering and Mixing Service:
http://audiovalvemastering.com/
Music:
http://www.djkri.com http://www.touchsamadhi.com
rastamanito

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 19, 2004 16:19
very good release from entropy, very solid and tight. very good production and beautifull cover.
thank you uv for the philosophy behind the name- interesting.
my favorite for dancing:
baba

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 22, 2004 14:08
Solid release
-= ENTROPY =-
Good Dark album by any solo artist after long time....
Nice work nice music

3~o Keep it dark 3~o
uv doofy

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 25, 2004 19:15
cool one nokeyaah, thnx.
Evil Doctor Inc
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  41
Posted : Jul 31, 2004 01:59
What i heard I did not believe

the music was so overwhelming it made my file seem week.

these were the sounds I was looking for
these are the sounds I thrive on

Fabulous
totally liberating

BOOM
Mari.Morgan

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 31, 2004 11:09
i don't like the progry stuff from doof usually

but i think this one will surprise me
now i have to order it

i hope it will !!!           if you have psyvideos and you want to exchange, contact me !

BoOoOoM ShanKar !
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Jul 31, 2004 16:21
great cd! album that is played regulary on my show, especially tracks 3-7.This one along with Blanka's Infinity from last year are my favorites from Doof.
Satanstoenail

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 3, 2004 06:30
This cd is reaffirming my love for psy. Deep, funky, phat, dark & well produced....... Perfect. Thank you Entropy, I can only hope that one day you guys will come to Australia....           Just remember.... in Hell.... there will be doof....
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Entropy - The Second Law of Thermodynamics - Doof Records

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance