Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - tired of excuses..

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

tired of excuses..

rastapsi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Apr 24, 2002 00:08
well.. here in brazil is very comon that on parties line ups have a dj.. and when we get on the party is the same excuse.. "lost the flight"..

i was wondering. is that comon in everywhere. or people here are not making the parties right?

A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Apr 24, 2002 00:21
just when it comes to GMS

A
Arie Molecular
Molecular

Started Topics :  34
Posted : Apr 24, 2002 00:50
its happening everywhere around the world not just in Brazil.
its eather party orgenizers make a false line-up (not lots of cases with that toppic), but there is another reason that is more common that dj's dont come to play.
eaither way this happening but not all the time and in minimal posibly cases.
          Don't Let Yourself Get Attached To Anything
You Are Not Willing To Walk Out On 30 Seconds Flat
If You FEEL THE HEAT Around The Corner....

®arie.molecular@gmail.com
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Apr 24, 2002 01:16
It happens all the time in Greece.
Sometimes the promoters do post fake line ups for their own profit without respecting the customers.Some other times the guests miss the flight or something else happens to them (Xerox had a problem with his tickets before some months that he was supposed to come here).Finnally there are times where the promoters make flyers before booking a guest and then the guest isnt available but offcourse the flyers are still around and people go to the party waiting for the guest to appear,offcourse only local dj's are there           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
HIKARI
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Apr 24, 2002 06:48
FAKE LINEUPS are sad things. well over in our country we sometimes have artists not arriving. Like our upcoming Brazilian Party on may 2. The organization was calling Wrecked Machines but due to VISA problems Wrecked Machines could not come. but instead they are bringing a diffrent artist.
now a days because of all the fighting and terrorism going on i heard its hard to get VISA`s thats what might be causing some problems.
Roger
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Apr 24, 2002 06:51
I agree dudes!! I am sick and tired on spending my money on parties that advertise great dj's who never show up. So come on people lets be a little more professional and serious ok!!! Not only party organisers but artists as well!!           Red Team Go... Red Team Go!!!
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Apr 24, 2002 09:17
Well, I was asking myself the same question.
I've heard this excuse so many times...
He missed his flight, he arrived late etc.
Don't know what to think of it. It can be true in most cases. Don't forget we're talking about artists who are not always that "earth to earth" (sorry if I'm hurting anyone)           Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Tomer
Yotopia

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Apr 24, 2002 09:32
if it's a case of false lineup, the orgenizer can say goodbye to alot of people that wont come back to his parties ,so i dont think it's worth it even financialy....

& if a person who confirm that he will come to play in a party & does'nt come .
if i was the orgenizer ,that man would not play in my parties anymore

i think that both orgenizers & artists/dj's should think 5 times b 4 they doing somthing like that. or else people wont do anything with them....

[ This Message was edited by: ATOM on 2002-04-24 09:33 ]
karnaf
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  60
Posted : Apr 24, 2002 11:29
Yep, false line ups suck. Just vote with your legs - don't come to the next party these organizers do.
As for true cancelations, well, you can usually tell the difference.

Happened to me too many times...           Please REMOVE my cellphone number from any SMS spam list you may have. Thanks.

http://www.savetherhino.org
tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Apr 24, 2002 12:20
luckily there is not much money in promoting psy parties over here so the scene has not attracted the kind of promoters who would try it (mainly, they are not all angels!)
i've only been to one party (afaik) where the main dj did not turn up (it was frank e and he'd had a back operation or something similar) but the organisers got a kick ass replacement (dino p) and we all went home smiling           >>love will tear us apart...<<
Olgra

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Apr 24, 2002 15:00
its perfectly common here in house though....
well, actually, its not about fake line ups, but british DJs are always saying they go to play aparty abrpoad and them airlines lost their record boxes, or something like that
tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Apr 24, 2002 16:30
theres too much money in the house scene.
and too many exploitative banditos!           >>love will tear us apart...<<
Dreamer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Apr 24, 2002 19:32
it happens in Israel a lot. even if some orgenisers *did* invite someone from abroad to their party they can cancel him on the last moment simply because they see they're not making enough money from this party so they rather not spend money on that certain DJ. so they either lie to him with a lame excuse or just tell him not to come..

I can give several examples for those cases but I wouldn't want to publish it here.

[ This Message was edited by: Dreamer on 2002-04-24 19:35 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Dreamer on 2002-04-24 19:35 ]
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Apr 24, 2002 19:44
Phinns are honest..
it has never happened here..
atleast that I know of..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
rastapsi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Apr 24, 2002 19:54
:znaika:

so we have to talk and scream when those things hapenned.. i don t have that money to play around.. travel here..travel there.. and when i go to a party is because of the music.. so i wanna see that dj or project..

so many times.. so many stupid organizers..
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - tired of excuses..

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance