Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  www.isratrance.com - My thougs of this forum! Offtopic like it or not...

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

My thougs of this forum! Offtopic like it or not...

A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Apr 29, 2003 00:04
This forum has over 1500 members, we are all here because of 1 big reason, we all love trance music in all its shapes... We are here because we think we have something to contribute to this forum in discussions which we choose to participate in, if u have nothing to contribute with dont worry its no shame... we all like to read the content of others thoughts... This does not mean we have to post 139047928309480 diffrent BEST OF threads, we do not have to call all the new gms tracks KILLLLLLER, we do not have to be afraid of participating in sensitive threads just because our opinion might be diffrent than others... Thats the point of this forum, we should all go here to find something intresting and fun to participate in, for me the feeling of finding anything intresting here has been gone for several months... We are repeating ourselfs, we are still calling every single track KILLLLLLER, we are still talking about whats best and whats not, we are still trying to combine diffrent definitions of music into one word, well KILLER aint that word people. People definitions are definitions, we all have our own thoughts and definitions on music such as life... We are all aware of the "killerness" in this forum and franqly we need english classes here... its getting ridiculos, a good friend Philip made a search for the word KILLER in our searchengine and came up with over 7000 posts... we have aprox. 11000 threads in here... can u imagine? i am frustrated and i am tired of trying to bring this forum up to the standards we had a few years ago... people help me, help yourselfs this is very important for the existence of intelligent and intresting posts in this forum!

A
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Apr 29, 2003 00:27
Anders, relax, drink some cool water. I think youre projecting your frustration from the other post... leave the forum for a few days... it happens to everyone here at some points... and we are all still here... ive been here only 2 years (i keep changin nicks), but people have been here since the beggining are still around, so dont worry, refresh and keep safe.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Apr 29, 2003 01:04
if you post something different it's "offtopic" and it get's deleted..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Apr 29, 2003 01:24
Well berserx i have been here since the beginning and franqly this is a part of my life nowadays...

and no traveller u are just beeing childish

A
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Apr 29, 2003 02:49
I don't think Traveller is being childish. Maybe he's right in what he said, even when this forum has a defined theme: psytrance. I see the moderators are being more flexible nowdays in some issues and less in others, that's good IMO. Just look at this thread, it's still alive...

OK, we all are killers (who never wrote killer or something like that?), but what's the problem? Hearing the music we feel intense emotions that cannot be described in words... But you have to describe them here, and lots of people ended writting "killer", meaning "amazing, different, original...". OK, it would be better to use lot's of different words together to describe what we feel, but sometimes we just don't have time (or we are too lazy). IMO, this forum is no worse just because of some word. It's the meaning that counts...
Moderators decided to abolish the word "killer". No problem, everyone can see their point.

Finishing, I think there's some nice threads going on right now, and I don't participate in some of them just because someone already explained my point in a good way. And you can always reply to some good old thread, making them alive again, bringing them to us all.
Respect!

...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
PaL
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Apr 29, 2003 03:39
Hello!
Please acknowledge that this forum-thing still has it's owners.
When you are a guest in somewhere, it is natural that you obey certain rules and traditions at least for the sake of politeness.
Those owners are still projecting you the certain energies and ideas.. as well as they keep listening to the old and new trance music.
I really hope so..
Are you, old men?? )
          Welcome to the world of creative listenning !
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Apr 29, 2003 07:41
Anders, Most of the "Best of..." threads posted by NEW members... You canT blame them.           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
Templar^
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  105
Posted : Apr 29, 2003 09:04
A.Rosengren : in addition to your topic I'll say : and some people still do not understand why Kino Oko and Praecox acted the way they did on this forum... I don't blame them.
Jeff
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Apr 29, 2003 11:50
Hey A. Rosengren, I feel kinda the same, though...

I discovered psytrance forums 2 or 3 years ago, with psynews.org. At the time, I found it very interesting, with a bunch of guys knowing their stuff. Any question you asked on the scene, you got your answer in 10 minutes ! I was amazed.

The Off Topic forum was great too, with lots of thoughtful scientific, political or "philosophical" threads. I discovered many books and new musics thanks to that. I was delighted to see that trancers all over the world weren't the mindless junkies depicted on TV or in the mass media press.

But for a year or so, the people roaming there have changed, with exceptions of course. You are more likely to find some dude complaining about a hub on DC++ closed than discussing the origin of the thirteen crystal skulls.

I then moved to a French forum, that I don't visit a lot anymore, because, as you say, most of the threads are sounding like "hey, this new album is a killllllllller !"

So, I ended up here, a nice forum which seems to have been around for a long time, with polite people expressing their views without aggressivity most of the time.

As I already stated it here, I'm writing a big essay on the Goa scene, and I was able to find very interesting information in the past threads.

So, from my experience, I'd say that you're maybe a bit harsh with this forum. It's still a great place !

J.
Rik
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  107
Posted : Apr 29, 2003 13:04
moderation of a forum is about the most ungratefull job there is really, only few users really appreciate it (i got confronted with this after i was appointed as mod for goatrance.De meetingpoints, flame-mails came in daily and people actually spammed the fora for days) ... it's not that easy to direct users into posting in a constructive, none-repetitive way... specially if you have a forum of this size ... to be honoust i'm suprised of the level you're maintaining here, i can't say that many other fora reach this level!

sure the killer issue is something that could use some change in the future, i'm convinced that the reviewers have a more extensive vocabulary to use words from

www.psytracks.com :: Brand new website for sharing your psytracks with the world. Get a free 250Mb Artist profile, Blog and events calender!
www.psygarden.be :: Upload your psychedelic art and partypictures to our gallery!
Gilad Refael
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  79
Posted : Apr 29, 2003 17:03
yea other forums are way worse... check the IM forum at their officla site (for example...)

btw anders, 'Enter' is your friend
          REHAB is for quitters
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Apr 29, 2003 18:22
psynews.org forums are splendid and not so stricly trance orientated.. especially the offtopic forum..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
full_lotus
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Apr 29, 2003 18:32
I agree about psynews.org. Btw, not all psy forums are worse. You should check out an English one.           Turn On, Tune In, Trance Out!!!

http://www.psymusic.co.uk
nobody_3
Inactive User

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Apr 29, 2003 18:37
I feel that this forum at times can be too strict moderated. An at times the moderators speak down to new members that dont yet know the rules and right places to post their topics.... That's not very nice and "openminded"....You know who you are !

An example:

I posted a topic in "promotion" about people sending me pictures from my live act from 1994-1998.... It got locked before anyone could reply...why???

I like this forum but I also think that there should be a bit more freedom of speech before people are being silenced !!!

That's why I like psynews.org... It's a lot of fun and people are very inspiring... yes there's the occasionally fights...but hey that's life reflected in cyberspace
ben
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Apr 29, 2003 19:07
The same thing happens to everybody.
When you first get into psytrance, everything is new and exciting. But there are only so many topics that can be discussed around psytrance. After a while you get tired of seeing newbies asking the same questions all the time. An things get more boring...
So maybe stay away from the forum for a while, it might help
Trance Forum » » Forum  www.isratrance.com - My thougs of this forum! Offtopic like it or not...

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance