Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - SA madness !

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

SA madness !

exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Mar 2, 2007 15:16
So how many fans of the southafrican style here ?? Express your love , since this is the only thread you'll get -
The official south african psytrance appreciation thread.

Some of the stuff coming out of there is unique (hard and fast) in its on way and just sets the dance floor ablaze !!

And please also include some reccomendations - crazy tunes like in the style of abomination (i know they are israeli but they've got that razor edge twist to their tunes ) , hydraglyph, commercial hippies ,artifact phyx and shift.

These artists are making sick sick twisted music and their music sure packs a solid punch.

Whats next ??
          missing plug-in
cacofonix
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Mar 2, 2007 16:31
Love SA music. The best thing to happen to psytrance.

xatrik, zion linguist,tickets,frozen ghost,artifakt,hydraglyph,lost n found,phyx,shift,slug,S.W.O.R.N........and broken toy,protoculture,brethren,multistate. Think abomination is now based in SA too.

We are proud of u all thanku for the music...lalaalalalaala...

www.vantaravichitra.com
http://soundcloud.com/cacofonix11
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Mar 2, 2007 16:51
http://www.bestsharing.com/f/FMUQ1J210720

I'd recommend this set to all fans of this style !!

Blew my mind away !

missing plug-in
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Mar 2, 2007 16:52
Quote:

On 2007-03-02 15:16, exotic wrote:
The official south african psytrance appreciation thread.

lol, thats SO Pienews

My personal opinion on the SA is so killa is not exceptional good. I don't have a opinion like many others that music from SA is SO fantastic and good for our scene. I think many of the releases from SA are generic and dunk dunk like many other acts out there. I got the Twisted System album Core (With the Star Wars Theme and Marilyn Manson tribute track) and I really don't like it very much. On the other side, I do have both Artifakt albums, and I LOVE them both! That’s creative music outside the norm. Ja mann. I also wanted to get a copy of Rinkadinks first release since it is supposed to be much better then his second release, but I can't find it anywhere. I also DL Broken Toy's album a few years ago, and remember that I wasn't very impressed. It didn't get to me. So for me, personally. SA psytrance isn't better nor worse then other regions music. I got an impression of a lot of full-onish baselines, something I don't appreciate at all. The music it self has to be very very good to make up for a bad full-on baseline/kick. If you DO want something REALLY special and unique in style and feeling, I say the Northern region (Scando/Finnish), Aussie (New Zealand/Australia) and England has FAR much better music then what SA can present.

Note to self, ‘I don't have that many SA releases, so I should STFU!’

Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Mar 2, 2007 16:59
In conclution.. Nah, whats so special about the SA music? :huh:
XwhiteRabbitX
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Mar 2, 2007 17:30
Quote:

On 2007-03-02 16:59, spytooned psytones wrote:
In conclution.. Nah, whats so special about the SA music? :huh:

the soundz chico.
for me there's nuddin like SA style - full with pure acid sound and strong bass line- whenever i lis10 to their music i keep thinking they really understand what it's all about, how to get to that place that really scratch the inside of ma brain and tilt me into a cosmic orgasm.

i discovered it about a year ago and since then i cant find myself listening to anything else-

and about twisted system latest album, well amigo, even the star wars trek and the beutifull people remix is suppa strong in my eyes, even though it's a bit of a gimic, but still standing strong.
fav artists-
shift, slug, brethren tickets, rinkadink, artifakt, frozen ghost, zion linguist, hydraglyph, twisted system, pitch hikers, phyxxx for sure, and also the israeli's that play SA as Abomination and even technodrome, bahh so many...
This scene is rising here in israel also and i hope it get even bigger in the upcoming summer.

wallaaaaak booooom
Addictive Elements
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Mar 2, 2007 17:57
hmmm ...personally SA type of twilight psy doesnt appeal much to me....its got no tunes...all the sounds r similar (for me atleast) .... so many artists from there...slug , phyx ,artifakt , shift , frozen ghost , hydraglyph etc etc... these guys tunes r similar.. the only artists that stand out from the SA scene r twisted system (both albums really good) ... damage just abt kinda distinguishes himslef from the rest ( but only just)....im not sayin this music absolutely bad..its ok if ur in another state of mind n just need somethin to stomp to...but from a sober angle...not appealing enough......
-aeon-
Aeon
Started Topics :  10
Posted : Mar 2, 2007 18:05
slug's new album is fucking wicked. headroom is really good as well.

i love hydrophonic's music too - great production and a really distinctive sound. rinkadink has done some amazing stuff, and broken toy's 'what it is' is one of my favourite tunes ever. ridiculously cool bassline and that lovely gritty lead.

Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : Mar 2, 2007 18:55
protoculture imo has the most talent in SF..

bOm..           For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Mar 2, 2007 21:10
i love the whole south african scene - from melodic masters like protoculture n corona, to twilight m0nsters like shift, n tickets , to even scarier monsters like frozen ghost n zion linguist. heheh. and one cant forget those rabbid producers too - rabdom l , artifakt n rinkadink. heheh. i find the groove from south africa to be infectious and unique. nexus media, timecode, mmd, and sanksara records are amongst my favourate labels. i think the track that infected me with the south african virus was broken toy - send more money (shift rmx) off penguin rebellion. loved the leads and the melodies in it. ahaha great stuff. big b00m to the sa scene !
-angad           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
splinter
Splinter / Kode Six

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Mar 2, 2007 23:09
South African Psytrance is the best thing to happen to psy imo =)

while were in the subject ( I produce psy with my partner in kode six ( check out out www.myspace.com/kodesix we make south african sounding stuff aswell and trying to get attention ) =)
          SPLINTER
Morbidelic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Mar 3, 2007 00:17
FULL POWER

over all the worls this guys created sime new visions of sounds power melodeis music with 100% high quality sound in their music most of the artists

for sure:

protoculture
rinkadink
damgae/broken toy
SHIFT (wow)
Artifakt (wowow)
Phyx

and many more the first waves that we saw are all amazing till today

but in the last 2 years there is a new genertion in s.a wish new funky insane psychedelic sounds and iam talking about the :

MMD Rec
Afrogalactic rec (not so new for sure,but in the last years 2-3 its getting more attention)

and for me this new genertion is fuc!@king madnesss vibes in parties

talking about the whole gang

frozen ghost
multistate
zion linguist
rabdom l
Glitch
Hiyarant

and many more

and the war is just begiinniing

s.a we all love u freaks

Keep it on
          Happy Happy,Joy Joy.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dj-Morbidelic/642401392473366
Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Mar 3, 2007 00:27
Sorry to go a little offtopic .. but music by Absolum, Shift and CPU fall in the same style and I can't help but not get excited when I get to hear a new track by these guys. These guys manage some serious destruction!!!!
mudpeople
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Mar 3, 2007 00:35
WHOO HOO!! SA ALL THE WAY!!

Hydraglyph
DMMT
Noize Anomalie
Zion Linguist
Xatrik
Multistate
Artifakt
Rinkadink
Damage
Phyx
Tickets
Brethren
Twisted System
Shift
Rabdom L
Frozen Ghost
Protoculture
Commercial Hippies

All greats.

(O/T: way to establish a Psynews base within enemy territory! Soon enough, we'll RULE THE EARTH. That is all.)

My first experience with SA psy was in a mix from www.psytrance.cz, entitled "Metallic Edge", its still there as far as I know... Lots of great stuff on that mix... First release I bought myself was VA-The Turning (Timecode). After that it was all down hill!

Now Im stuck at the bottom, with all these freaky people... They're looking at me...

Forest dreams
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  107
Posted : Mar 3, 2007 01:21

Nothing is said that has not been said before.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - SA madness !

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance