Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Un:Balanced (BNE / July 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA - Un:Balanced (BNE / July 2005)

full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Aug 23, 2005 07:06
Un:Balanced ( BNE/YOYO , july 2005 )

1. Time Lock Feat June Rashava - Un:balanced 06:50
2. Atomic Pulse & Star X - Planet X 07:45
3. Oforia - Northern Lights (GMS rmx) 07:57
4. Infected Nushroom - Shakawkaw (Vibe Tribe rmx) 07:46
5. Silent Hill - Dance FX 07:50
6. Violet Vision - Cellophane (Sub6 & Domestic rmx) 08:15
7. Echotek - Time Stops 07:18
8. Quantum - AWake 06:56
9. Fatali - Lucid Dreams 06:38
10. Basic - Master System 09:04

Yoyo/BNE is one of my favorite labels, being responsible for the Infected Mushroom, Cosma, Space Cat, X-Dream, Violet Vision and many more quality releases, so I always have a big expectative when a new BNE release arrive at my mailbox. The album comes in a nice folder and the cover is red with some cyber spermatozoids, I really didn't catch the concept they tried to transmit. There is no mention anywhere to the bpms or times of the tracks.

Let's listen to the music: The first track is very well done, nice bass and track structure, new tricks and the usual Time Lock quality. I like it, the vocals add a little of cheese, so I cut half of them by break mixing the track, since it makes me fly on a nice morning set. Next track is more technical, a powerful collaboration between the veteran Atomic Pulse and Star X. I like the track structure with many tinny layers of sounds, it develops naturally and the samples have just the enough dose of effects. And it's psychedelic as well, one of my favorites. We keep jumping with a GMS remix to Oforia, which in my opinion is much better them the original. Oforia's original have good ideas, but somehow lacks power and bit more of development. One thing I can say about Riktan & Bansi is that they are very good to recognize a potential and explore it, that exactly what they did with this track, creating a cutie monster. This track is already being played all around the world and the sample is right: it sets the dance floor "Out of Control". And the dance floor mayhem continues with the long waited remix to the Infected Mushroom freestyle masterpiece Shakawkaw. Vibe Tribe twisted the melodies and samples to create one of the best morning tracks ever, even Infected Mushroom plays it on their Live Act, there's nothing else to say, it's my favorite here and the best remix since Psysex - Survival Kit (Sub6 rmx). I wish I could take a breath after this session of stompers, but it seems I can't, because Silent Hill arrives with an arsenal of twisted ideas and effects, this is another well built piece of psychedely. Again the samples add a little cheese to the overall concept, but much less than the first track and they got the right amount of effects, making me sing along. Suddenly I'm hit by really fast and joyful track, I recognize the samples: it's Cellophane from Violet Vision. Full of emotions, I'm smiling and shaking my head in the break beat part at the middle of the track. This remix by Sub6 & Domestic was already released (but mixed)... Anyway it's a good addition to this already winning album. Up to now we had mostly "big hits", tracks that are possibly being played in most parties and Festivals. So if you're a "discrete DJ" and like to play high quality music, but not the "overplayed stuff" the next tracks fits nicely in your case. Echotek's Time Stops is the first of them, starting with some samples from the movie "Constantine", the track explores its different elements in a sober way and the result is good. Quantum's track Awake posses a fierce bass & kick combo and a positive atmosphere that brings people to the dance floor. It's a track different from usual full on, the power is not on the breaks, but on the development and the flow of the sounds. Fatali bring us a track that in my opinion is better than all others in his second album. Diverse melody layers melt in a steady harmony in this Lucid Dreams track. I also enjoyed the samples from the movie "The Butterfly Effect" and the way the track comes back after the break, good work! Closing this release is BASIC, a new BNE's artist that I never heard about before, but now I'll keep an eye on this guy... Good samples, a very high level of something that makes me dance, the vocals fits perfectly the track atmosphere and are not cheesy. Good to close this winning page on the BNE history.

Verdict: 8.5/10. All tracks here work well on dance floors, not one single filler, more than 75 minutes of high carefully choose music,

Favorites: 1, 2(!!), 3(!), 4(!!!), 5(!!), 6(!!), 7(!), 8(!), 9(!!), 10(!). I think all tracks here are above average.

Recommendation: If you like full on you'll like this one. Packed with lots of "Big Hits" and also some "discrete but effective" tracks this release is surely between the best compilations of 2005. I strongly doubt there was a Festival this year where none of these tracks were played. Bottom line: Go and buy your copy!

Buy it here:
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4995

Check here:
http://www.isratrance.com/www/reviews/show_review_details.php?show=782

Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Oct 17, 2005 17:54
This CD has the "cream of the crop" of commercial Israeli trance (hesitating to use the psy prefix here). If you dig this stuff, full of vocals and lighter synthetic beats, then this might be good for you. Personally I can't stand it... too much goddamn yappity-yap blahblahblah. Sub6 and Domestic do an all right job on the Violet Vision track, but most of the rest is just cut 'n paste full-on stuff with some vocals thrown in or guitar or whatever. Boring!

Dragongurl
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Oct 18, 2005 13:30
Thoroughly enjoyed this album, full of great melody and style. The oforia remix is fantastic, got me spinning around the room

Silent Hill - Dance FX blew me away, would love to hear that on the floor, so bouncy and full of energy. Want to find out more about this guy/s.
I agree that the samples are questionable, but at least it doesn't dominate the track.           :: Life can be as bitter as dragon tears
But whether dragon tears are bitter or sweet
depends entirely on how each man perceives the taste ::
benny
Basic

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Oct 19, 2005 17:01
i really dont get you guys it music or you like or you dont what with this bullshit about the vocals its part of the music this the way artist made his track you can like it or not thats it !!!

cheers
          When the sun comes down little pepole cast a big shadow
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Un:Balanced (BNE / July 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance