Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA-SWAMP 2003 (DOOF REC.)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA-SWAMP 2003 (DOOF REC.)

liquidtomer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : May 7, 2003 08:48
1-BORG-BLUE ATMOSPHERE
2-SWEAT SHOP BOYS-SUN BURNS
3-MECHANIX-FOR SALE
4-BLANKA-2003
5-U-RECKON-TRIPAGANKA
6-QUANTRUM-BUG DRIVER
7-ZION-ATLANTIS
8-F.O.L-FUNGOSIA
9-DARK DOORS-FAST MESSAGE
---------------------------------------------------
well when i got this cd i was really happy beacuse doof are well known with their quality music and now to the rewiew.

track1-this track is a great opener for the cd a litlle slow for me but with nice rehytem and sounds good track nothibg spiecal. 7/10
track2-i like this track a lot good sampels good breaks and a nice catchy melody remind me a litlle of logic bomb style but still a great track. 8.5/10
track3-now thing are getting somewhere a very nice kick great rhytem and excelent play with the sounds here. 9-10
track4-well i fell in love with blanca sine i heard their first ep and the track here on the comp is continute from the exect same place that the ep stop a very good track from them good luck guys. 9/10
track5-well in the first 1.30 minute there is an annoying melody and i thought i might skip the track but luckely i didnt after it the track really grab u in. very good atmosphere very nice sampels very nice sounds,does anyone know who is he?. 9/10
track6-well its sound for me like a combination between atomic pulse and some sounds of alien project didnt really like this track annoying sounds. 5-10
track7-well i m sure i dont need to introduce u zion like always a very beautiful track very good sounds very very good sampels and melody i really like this track. 10/10
track8-good kick good atmosphere but a litlle boring for me seems like this track going nowhere. 7/10
track9-well i really like the stuff from dark doors and i love this track too. too bad its really short but its ok the typhical dark doors style. 8/10
to end: this a gr8 production of doof and i am sure that this comp will make chaos on the dancefloor keep p the good work.
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : May 12, 2003 21:32
Excellent compilation by Doof Rec.
Well, I didn't expect anything less from these guys.
The album starts with 2 progressive tracks (which were a surprise to me). Very nice tracks, moving slowly to full on music. And what full on! Is there such a thing as minimal dark full on? If yes, then this is it!!! Perfect combination, interesting music, dark and pumping.
Favorite tracks: #4(!!!) - These Blanka dudes have got a future!, #5 (what a powerful track), #7 (smooth morning), #8 (psychy psychy)

Cover is classical minimalistic, gives u an idea about the compilation - you don't need much, you need it good! (design by Shahar Zirkin btw).

Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : May 12, 2003 22:14
Blanka track is awesome..... really like the Zion track too, i dont like the 1st track, but if you listen to this album as a whole, youll see that the first track is neccesary to get you "in" the mindset. good work, something alittle diffrent from Doof.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : May 13, 2003 09:45
Yeap Bersex, you’re right.
This compilation is indeed a bit different that the usual Doof c.ds, but it’s nevertheless excellent.
The first 2 tracks also surprised me, but as you said, it’s built like a set. Starting from slow and moving / developing with each track.
          Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Triptocoma
Inactive User

Started Topics :  5
Posted : May 21, 2003 02:49
Just one point about the Blanka - 2003 song.

For you who has tryed frutiyloops listen to the demo songs : Try again(remixed) in Flp - loop files -covers

load it and listen to the sound thats labeld "baseline" in the playlist, im pretty sure they took the sound from there!! 05:16 you can hear the sound in the Blanka song.. and they have even taken some of the melody... haha

i cant say im 100% coz sure they could have made it them selfs, but listen and hear...

not that it matters..just wanted something to say

Gilad Refael
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  79
Posted : May 21, 2003 04:14
yae sounds like a ripoff           REHAB is for quitters
psybreed2

Started Topics :  4
Posted : May 23, 2003 05:17
haha shit ur right it does sound like its taken from there .
in anycase it sounds cool the way they have used it and i like the track.
All in all a good compilation
yes track 2 does sound like a logic bomb track
fav tracks are 2,4,5 and 9
not the usual doof dark acidic style though
eben

Started Topics :  5
Posted : May 27, 2003 23:58
hmm
not so doofy but they picked some very nice tunes in there.
the sweat shop boys track is beautiful.
mechanix and blanka killer diggers.
quantum and u-reckon made some kind of full, but the good kind. excelent drive.
fol and dark doors are back to acid, acid.
alltogether a different cd from doof, perfect for the dance floor and much more comunicative than before.
NEO
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jun 10, 2003 23:55
Great compilation frome Doof-Mania!
My fav :
1 (nice morning groovy smiily track)
3 (arghhh Mechanixe for president! great track with a great kick! to the face!)
4(!!) (nothing to say here,Blanka becomed one of my fav!!)
5 (nice nice foull on track ,great vocal too ).
6(!) (mama mia !! just riping the walls out with these track!)
7(!!!) (ahhh....woo...ehhh....10/10 pure love to the ears and mind.)
8+9 (very nice tracks...back to acidic roots )

go go Doof!!!!!!!!!!!
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Jun 13, 2003 12:18
Very good one. A nice surprise. Excellent psytrance. My full review on Isratrance soon.

Favorites: 1, 3, 4, 6 and the first 4 minutes of track 5, I'd really appreciate it if he finishes the track properly...           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Gilad Refael
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jun 13, 2003 12:53
why aren't any of you talk about that shameless ripoff.
that's something that should never be done! it's total disrespect for the label and listeners.           REHAB is for quitters
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Jun 13, 2003 18:01
Quote:

On 2003-06-13 12:53, Gilad Refael wrote:
why aren't any of you talk about that shameless ripoff.

can u enlight me ??           Believe your soul !
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Jun 14, 2003 16:30
Ripoff from fruity?
Heh... Those sounds are in public domain. It's like saying that using some sounds from a Virus it's a ripoff, because it's taken from the Virus.
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jun 14, 2003 17:14
Very good compilation and a big surprise for me since I wasn't into the Doof sound too much beforehand. The tracks that really stand out for me are 1, 3, 4, 5, 7 and I must say that it's for the brain as much as it is for the dance floor, which is a rare and nice surprise.

Congratulations
          A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Gilad Refael
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jun 14, 2003 19:15
Quote:

On 2003-06-13 18:01, Zombi Cocktail wrote:

can u enlight me ??

Blanka - 2003 (5:15-7:00) and Try Again (Remix) from the Covers dir at Fruity Loops.

and Mike, it's not like they used the sound from there, they took the entire melodie.
maybe you're right about the legal status of this, but the musical ripoff is disgusting.
          REHAB is for quitters
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA-SWAMP 2003 (DOOF REC.)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance