Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA Sonic Solutions (compiled by Digital Talk) - TIMECODE records Oct 2005 !

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA Sonic Solutions (compiled by Digital Talk) - TIMECODE records Oct 2005 !

bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Nov 16, 2005 09:04

VA - Sonic Solutions

Timecode

Catalogue No.:TCCD013

1. Damage / Bringdanoise (Broken Toy Rmx)

2. Digital Talk / Far Side

3. Xtra Unit / Mutant Rebellion

4. Chromatone & Random / Alien Hunterz

5. Phatmatix / Human Poison

6. Shift / Terror Former

7. Phyx / Contraband

8. Azax Syndrom / Asnamus

9. Artifakt / Dendron

"To celebrate their 10th various artist release Timecode have enrolled Parisian sonic scientists Digital Talk to give a French twist to their renowned compilation series. Sonic Solutions shows a return to the psychedelic far side with edgy rhythms, manic mindscapes and liquid leads - coupled with a dangerous dose of grinding groove and techno terror to keep things moving. New artists to Timecode Chromatone & Random, Phatmatix, and Xtra Unit (a Triskell and Phatmatix side project) all contribute razor-sharp psychedelic journeys, while Timecode regulars the Artifakt, Phyx, Shift (fresh from his 2nd album release), Azax Syndrom and Digital Talk supply the sort of twisting rippers that have put Timecode at the forefront of the psychedelic movement. Add to this a driving remix of Damagefs classic Bringdanoise by Broken Toy, and you have a
cutting-edge selection strictly for the sonically initiated."

1. the classic damage tune gets a rework by broken toy here... maintains the familiar elements which are instantly recognizeable by anyone who's rocked out to the original. the main sample, the mysterious guitar intro and a few of the same glitchy bits are thrown in for good measure but overall this tune sounds like a fresh restructure. nothin but heavy
ass-kickin triplet stompage here, it pushes along, numerous stretchy streakies and blastoffs, building a big party around you
while you dance.

2. digital talk yet again provides my ears with what i seek, rollin techy grooves that melt and twist and just go go go. great fx that flow into one another, complementing the deepness of the groove. the samples dont stop the movement for but an instant which is nice. crisp percussion work and a relentless rolling bassline overlaid with some nice accents that keep the hands moving. some nearly trademark timecode pad notes in the back give a feeling of emotion. a persistently moving tune from these two, who since they compiled this collection, have chosen one of thier own better tunes as of late. some great building tricks lead us further into the middle of this stretchy, pumping jam. knockin'!

3. xtra unit comes up big here with thier first track release afaik, but phatmatix and triskell as individuals are no strangers to blasting the dancefloor with amazing liftoff party musik. a nice intro builds up into yet another techy rolling bassline similar to #2, only this has the aspect of epicness. a short break before zipping us up in a twisted funky movement, lots of sounds cross the radar, one leading into the next, shifting thru phases, the next one we get some arpeggiated mood
setting, and a spinetingling lead comes stuttering its way in, next thing you know its spinning willynilly and youre amidst
your friends with hands in the air. i close my eyes and see a really big party; then things mellow some in the middle but not
for long, as things shift around to recreate an advanced version of the monster. "i dont like uncomfortable silences... " not sure what backstreet boys is doing but they only stop by for a recognizeable second to make you wonder WTF?, and then, its ON kids, we are being folded in a liquidmetal origami sculpture, worms crawling up and down your spine, hair on end, playful, sinister, rebellious, full force.

4. san francisco boys random and chromatone team up on this one and you can tell they get along well by the seamless merging of thier styles. both upcoming masters of creating mayhem on dancefloors, this track is no different. the bassline comes out rounder and funkyer, slick programming and switchups and always keeping things moving is the name of the game here. straight ahead acid bouncing, no compromise, as the tune motors along, we get a sense of being played with, lifting up energy ramps and zooming changeups. everything starts to get wild around 3 minutes, and the deep twisty layered intensity doesnt let up at all until a drop at 4:34 which gives the drums and acid a chance to show thier stuff. you can tell things are going to get crazy, and all you can do is just keep dancing, breathe! AAAAAAH! super antigravity brain reformat funk blaster. sweet.

5. next up is phatmatix himself giving us an utter belter of a tune. if the party is goin like this then you better hope you have monday off is all im sayin' folks! consistent as can be with the level of jam thats been set forth by the last few tracks, this cd is barely holding itself together! so once we are into this track i find it more slippery and swirly but still rockin, theres some grind element thrown in to make it just that edge of ominous and at the same time, the pads and trademark phatmatix lead comes in to ease your mind, its just a party man, or is it... diving headfirst back into the nonstop
groove, theres lots of trickery being cast out. we get a build from near silence all of a sudden around 4:00, to entice you into feeling the scope of this tracks power. when it comes back its got a chunky funky new bassline bouncing its way at you from the subs. i dare say it has more of a morning flavour at this point, i can imagine a packed dancefloor full of smiles, everyone moving, reacting to the myriad levels of energetic waves of sound that just keep flowing. each new level we go up theres yet more energy to access. and it all wraps up gently somehow?! miraculous.

6. shift shows us why he is always a part of timecode releases here, with a refined style and ability to create a tension in
the listener knowing they are about to get tossed around! the tune builds up with a nice intro of long pads and a chance to get to know the groove before it starts to play with you... its 2:15 in before we really feel the grip, and next thing you know, its faded back out to a scribbly filtered arpeggiation which tickles the upper realm. then it drops into a groovy triplet scenario that spaces out the scene a bit with a couple catchy notes, and some big building backgroundsounds. the
elements combine in new combinations before everything drops out yet again, building up a different way now, up, up, oh what is it going to do!? teasing you before finally starting to groove again, another new bassline comes in to really start running as all the bits from the past few minutes start teaming up to make a real zoomer of an end movement, with the long pads again, cant help but feel like this one makes a couple too many buildups from quiet to really take the cake, but it will do its job.

7. phyx arrives with an intro ramp, sets up his rolling bassline, and before long starts riding his rocket powered motorbike around the arena, leaving trails of colored smoke and shooting wacky blasts of neon lazers out in all directions... he speeds around and after a couple trick jumps off of fancy ramps, the groove leaves the building for a long 20 seconds before dropping back in with hints that the show has yet to truly begin. the biggest ramp of all sends us out into a monster arena party, lightshow the size of the sun launching wave after wave of colored lights. the second dropout makes me want the musik ack! the melody elicits an idea of the biggest arena rave motorpsycle lazer danceparty ever. your hands will be in the air so high birds will nip them off. huge.

8. straight to the point azax comes in with a tighter rolling bass and similar blasting tactics. i can only imagine the massive scale that is implied here. complete with more sonic ravey lazers and long melodic keys, im going to have to use the word epic? ok i said it! zooming full force into the sunlight this triumphant, ecstatic anthem shows us the massive soundstory laid out by azax. damn!

9. now this is what im talking about, the goods. artifakt providing us with a more experimental track (as expected, thanks!)
a fat dirty bass and odd gonglike sounds lead us into a grindy funky place, getting glitchy and steppy and your pants are trying to keep up with you. it trips out and gets into a real nasty groove before adding a bit of warm notes and some long pad keys to go with the gongers from before... silent moment leads us into a more rolling yet equally dirty movement, which soon starts into a more sustainable catchy funk assault, and lifting our hairs up with truly playful and teeth-grinding combinations of slick changeups and elemental shift. the final build lasts from about 5:30 til 6:30 and then oh yes, zoom! i mean seriously, this is nice.

personal favorites 2!!, 3!, 4!!, 5!, 9!!

Overall- whoosh, another storming collection of answers from our reliable mates over at timecode hq. not to miss if u are down with this sound.

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=5167
          www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
V a R u n
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Nov 16, 2005 11:38
good review dude ..
another powerful crunchy release from timecode as always ..good job ..
most of the tracks are gud here ..my favs are chromatome and random , digital talk , shift and of course the azax syndrom track ..this one is definitely one not to miss ..total dancefloor monster

Dai
IsraTrance Junior Member
Dai aka Amatti

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Nov 16, 2005 12:03
Solid release,indeed! and nice review, BSM! this is, for my teste, the best release from timecode so far! trancelogical, deep, inteligent...and compiled by my favorite act Digital Talk...shhh...what else can i expect? My favoritea are Digital talk, Xtra Unit and Chromoatone and Random + artifakt!! these tracks are sonic stellar!!!!
          Tell me what you listen, and I'll tell you what you are.
http://www.brainbusters.info
http://www.psytribe.com
kameleonpangea36
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Nov 16, 2005 19:20
this cd is a blaster. theres not a single track thats not a serious bomb, I think its the best timecode to date....really like the phyx track, nice to see someone from the states make it on this comp. theyre track is a groovy tech monster, super cd well worth the money.           
label: www.pureperceptionrecords.org
design: www.designsbymattbryson.com
soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/kameleon-pangea
Gut

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Nov 17, 2005 00:07
Continuing the tradition of brilliant releases, Timecode have released another great comp full of tasty tunes. No weak trax here, quality tunes abound.

A nice spacey vibe about it also. The sleeve and design layout match nicely.

Timecode continue to impress and deserve a massive thanks for another rockin' release.

bringdanoise

Beartrap Machine
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Nov 17, 2005 09:32
The Artifakt track is the bomb.

Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Nov 17, 2005 14:49
Phyx and artifact are sounding GOOD!!!!
karmakanik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Nov 17, 2005 23:03
c'mon monkey, it's N'Sync, not the backstreet boys!

but seriously, this is another quality release from our friends down in cape town. my personal favorite is definately the xtra unit track, i've played this out a couple of times and it's always a blast seeing the crowd's reaction to the break, WTF indeed! chromatone/random and phatmatix deliver a couple of bombs as well. the digital talk tune i enjoy, it's got a nice groove to it and a f#$* sweet sample, but it's just a bit too linear for my taste. shift is one of my favorite producers, but his track here is a bit too heavy on the pads and not enough progression. artifakt delivers a great experimental chewn at the end though.

overall a very solid compilation. best timecode release ever? i would pick "firewall" or "the turning" over this one, but that's just me
mikeonacid
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  78
Posted : Nov 19, 2005 15:33
very nice cd i like it a lot

favorite tracks Shift-digital talk and Artifakt

http://www.noizeconspiracy.com

Combat - New Generation
VA - Greekedelia
VA - Endangered Species
Psychotic Micro - Edge of Sanity
VA - League of Shadows
Delysid - Noize Infection
VA - Twilight Vision soon...
rajatrao2
Inactive User
Started Topics :  11
Posted : Nov 20, 2005 08:40
Quality night time release....The digitalk and xtra unit---> highly recomended
Good job Julian,
Rajat
Mute
IsraTrance Full Member
Access Gremlin

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Nov 20, 2005 08:50
i loved digital talks track here , its the best , these guys still keepin their dark effect
CRX(HSS Records)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Nov 20, 2005 22:55
11/10
excellent and massive as always
          Helicon Sounds Music
www.hssr.gr
Greennun

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Nov 21, 2005 08:57
Killer compilation...digital talk, phatmatix fav tracks, julian has a winner this time.boom
code a
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Nov 23, 2005 15:39
fucken cute cd. they should play that azax track at a tidyboy concerto

goddamn hippies

Ren
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Nov 24, 2005 12:26
I agree that this is another bomb in the Very good quality releases championship...

I have all the Time Code Comps and Albums(Original Of curse) and needless to say that this one is another to make our hairs rise of excitment and put the dancefloor Bombing (tested and aproved in Portugal)

Thxs Time Code and Keep up the good Work. Let us celebrate the 20th release as soon as possible

P.S.: When is the Twisted System Album coming up? (date)           Ren[Crystal Matrix /Animatech Recs]

www.myspace.com/djren_
www.myspace.com/crystalmatrixrec
www.visionrecords.co.uk
www.myspace.com/digitaloraclerecords
http://www.myspace.com/animatechrecords

www.freedom-festival.org
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA Sonic Solutions (compiled by Digital Talk) - TIMECODE records Oct 2005 !

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance