Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - va-Satellite (Oxygen Records 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

va-Satellite (Oxygen Records 2005)

Lauryn
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Mar 19, 2005 17:20
va-Satellite
Oxygen Records 2005

1.Mr. Peculiar- 'Elevation'
2.Setherian- 'Patch This'
3.Audialize- 'Full On Chaos Magic'
4.E-jekt- 'Shigris'
5.Gappeq- 'One Soul'
6.Vibra- 'Alien Intelligence'
7.Spectra- 'Radiation Status'
8.Alternative Control- 'Esperanto'
9.Sound Field- 'Ocean in Motion'

This great collection of tracks has been compiled by DJ TV...This is the 1st release of brand new label Oxygen Records that is focused on releasing intelligent melodic morning music in all variations. With that in mind...

1.Mr. Peculiar-'Elevation'- *The Early Morning Stormer* - From Australia comes a track by one of my favorite psy artists, the track starts right in introducing bright melodic pads that remind me of early Atomic Pulse, intermingling with deeper synth sounds in the background and a driving kick, all the while remaining very psychedelic, a nice percussion line and a more straightforward melody are added to the mix, ambient pads remain in the background, lots of different synth melodies and patterns are interspersed in this track, its got the drive of a nighttime track, and the melody of the morning, a killer combination, also many of the melodies in this track are of a more mysterious and almost melancholy feel, which i really liked. A breakdown, and the classic Mr. Peculiar synth sound is introduced, a complete break- and then everything good in this track happens seemingly all at once. killer! 10/10

2.Setherian-'Patch This'- *The Techy Morning Groover* - From Brazil comes a track from Dj Seth. This track starts in with a driving straightforward bassline, kick, and high hat. some swirling synth sounds are overlayed, A faster groove around 143bpm and some nice metallic percussion along with growing ambient pads in the backgound and a melody that we can hear slowly creeping its way around the other parts of the track. It eases its way into the forefront of the track smoothly and seemingly without notice, the breakdown- some very mechanical samples, and the deep groove is back in once again minus the melody and with the addition of more psychedelic mechanical samples, the ambient pads are again introduced, a very nice techy, percussive overall feel to this track, a breakdown with some ambient sounds in the background, many sounds swirling around and a slow percussive build. the groove is again introduced with the creeping melody from before, uplifting yet dark, all at the same time 9/10

3.Audialize-'Full On Chaos Magic'- *The Best Morning Track of 2005!!!!* From Portugal comes Joao Appel (Audialize) with a track that just makes me anticipate his full length release on Third Eye Records about a million times more than before. This is by *far* the best track I have heard in a long time. the beat is driving, the track is constantly building and the synth melodies are interesting, original, and most importantly, make me want to dance my ass off! the breakdown builds tension while also allowing for a quick resolution and returning the track to its killer groove, the filters on the melody make for an even more interesting track- another breakdown- and part 2 of the melody is introduced. Every time i listen to this track, (and I've listened to it many many times since I've gotten the cd) every sound I love, another breakdown features the synth melody by itself and then this track takes off. and the best part is, every time you think its over, the intensity just keeps building. full on chaos magic it truly is!! and it makes a dancefloor go absolutely insane!!!!!!! 11/10!!!!!

4.E-jekt-'Shigris'- *The Suprise Morning Melody* E-jekt is the morning melodic side project of Nir Shoshani aka Hujaboy. the track slams in with a large bass sound and muted percussion in the background, some ambient pads in the back increase the tension inherent in this track, a synth melody swirls from left to right and back again while the main melody takes center stage. a more bouncy kick is introduced as a more abrasive and less melodic synth melody is introduced combining with vocal samples interspersed in the background. a mysterious breakdown gives the feeling that one is falling down. a vocal sample and a filtered swirling melody builds up and the original groove is back in along with ambient pads, a bit of mystery in this track, as I'm not sure where its headed and then finally a huge snare roll and a very nice bassline kicks in with a multitude of synth melodies bouncing around on top while at the same time new melodies begin unfolding, and then BAM. its over. 8/10

5.Gappeq-'One Soul'-*The Psy-Reggae Morning Groove* From Czech comes Gappeq, Jiri Tomasek, who's tracks I have always been a fan of from various Kethu Records Compilations. his sound has been developping and evolving quite nicely as of late! The track begins with some interesting percussive melodies and bell sounds as a ripping synth lead is introduced. ambient pads fad in and out sitting behind the main synth melody, but yet slowly growing in prominence. an oozing melody and a short buildup, some breakbeats, and a clarinet melody. very nice and unusual use of sounds, some quirky percussion, very orchestral melodies. the track is relaxing for the moment creeping along, the percussion is added back in almost instantaneously, a more driving prominent kick slides in and we have a dark feel that immediately contrasts with a ska/reggae feel into a buildup, slamming into a more driving kick/bass and a bouncy, quirky melody and the ripping synth and percussion from the beginning are again reintroduced. the random quirky samples lead to the clarinet melody ending the track 10/10

6.Vibra- 'Alien Intelligence'- *The Get Everyone off their Ass and Dancing Morning Groove* From Brazilian Daniel Costa comes yet another killer track. A mysterious sample and large synth in the background and this is deep, full, and driving from the start. the deeper sounds are what really get this track going, some nice percussion and delayed synths, and the main synth melody is in, a dramatic breakdown, some squeaky samples and a very fat acid synth line takes over. reminds me a bit of an old hard house melody for a second, except the sound really helps to round out the track as a whole. the track is pretty straight forward and has a very "in your face" feel to it, a creeping pizzacato-ish sound sits behind the acid synth before eventually taking center stage. nice acid synth breakdown, along with sample, and we are into the same hard house-esque groove once again. not really my favorite from Vibra, but powerful track nonetheless 7/10

7.Spectra- 'Radiation Status'- *The Morning Resolution* From Portugal comes Spectra with a track that begins with soothing melodic ambiance and a smooth groove, subtle kick, and precise percussion send this track onwards, swirling melodies swoop haphazardly twisting around. a short breakdown and the beat is filtered while the track builds and we are back to our swooping groove once again. a percussion line takes more prominance, giving this track less of a straightforward feel, the breakdown and a slow build and a delayed synth and percussive sound take over the track. sweeping ambient pads swirl into a breakdown and a tinkling melody and dreamy breakdown. a slow gentle melodic build with the bassline creeping up underneath and the groove comes back in with many swooping sounds and ambient pads. a smoother melody creeps in over everything and this is just that point at the end of a long night of dancing, when you just look up at the sky and smile 9/10

8.Alternative Control- 'Esperanto'- *The Most Melodic Morning Track* From Serbia comes Alternative Control with some nice melodies to open up the track, some light percussion is introduced and a subtle buildup into a driving kick and acid sounding bassline, some ambient pads and short laser sounds are interspersed as the ambient melody grows, the main melody reminds me a lot of Protoculture. the breakdown and a zooming buildup, with the main melody remaining most prominant in the track. a breakdown and the smooth melody is answered with a more raw sounding synth, a breakdown, inaudible sample and a breakdown/buildup with this sample in the background still, nice morning melodies, perhaps a bassline that is a bit too aggressive for the rest of the track but regardless, killer morning melodies 8/10

9.Sound Field- 'Ocean in Motion'- *The Anthematic Morning Track* Sound Field is Andy Yakovlev and Liron Atia from Israel. An interesting and unusual beginning as the kick and high hats are filtered and the bass pops in for a second, a sample in the background and finally the bass kicks in and this groover takes off. the bpm is slower than other tracks on the compilation at 137bpm. At times it reminds me of Freq, at other times, Pixel. that is until the guitar melody is introduced, a breakdown and an almost anthem-ish melody takes over, a short vocal and we're into a more synth based groove, almost a funky feel to this track with a more ripping synth sound behind the melody driving the track along, the breakdown with the anthem-ish melody, percussion starts the buildup as all of a sudden its pretty intense and aggressive before abruptly returning to the previous laid back groove, perhaps the contrast was a bit much, but it only serves to highlight the nice groove of this track! 8/10

Overall: 9/10 FINALLY a morning trance compilation that doesn't cheese out!!! Quality Morning Music!!! An excellent debut release from Oxygen Records! and as I pointed out above, what's especially nice about this compliation is that each track has its own distinct feel and showcases the many different takes that one can have on exactly what "morning music" is. The compilation flows nicely from start to finish, beginning with more early morning stompers and progressing to the more melodic mid morning/early afternoon grooves. An excellent collection of artists as well, with a nice mix of veteran and newcomer producers. I look forward to hearing more from Oxygen Records in the future!

Favorites:1(!!!), 2, 3(!!!!!!!!!), 5(!!!), 7
          ~gOa ist nicht nur musik sondern auch eine lebenseinstellung~
http://www.peakrec.com/
http://www.myspace.com/djlauryn
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Mar 19, 2005 21:14
VA Satellite (Oxygen Records, March 2005)

1. Mr. Peculiar – Elevation
2. Setherian – Patch This
3. Audialize – Full On Chaos Magic
4. E-Ject – Shigris
5. Gappeq – One Soul
6. Vibra – Alien Intelligence
7. Spectra – Radiation Status
8. Alternative – Control Esperanto
9. Sound Field – Ocean in Motion

Oxygen Records, a brand new Czech Psy Trance label bring us their debut compilation that showcases mostly fresh artists from all over the globe. Although the general direction of this compilation is Morning full-on it remains quite eclectic and doesn’t stick to one specific sound like most of the compilations nowadays.
Here’s what you get on this CD:

Mr. Peculiar is possibly the best known name on this compilation. One of Australia’s best known Psy producers starts the compilation with a very nice, floating tune with a lot of attention on the atmosphere and tight percussion. Sounds to me like something that would come out if Sub6 would make a tune with FreQ. Kick ass!

Setherian is Dj. Seth from Brazil and he’s most known for his dark and powerful sound. Not as dark as Psychotic Micro, but more like the old Double Dragon with full on rhythm. This is a nice tune but I think that he can do much better. More variety in sounds could do the trick here.

Portuguese Joao Apell which otherwise known as Audialize is the next artist on the tracklist. Joao already released an album about 2 years ago on Ketuh records and if you heard it, you should already know what to expect. This is serious smasher with strong percussion and evolving goa’ish melody. One of the strongest tunes in the compilation.

E-Ject actually is a collaboration between Nir Shoshani (Hujaboy, BooReka, Gorlation Corporation) and Uri Azene. Although I usually like Nir’s output but lately, perhaps because of his joining to the Spun family, he sounds like he’s losing his dark edge. None the less it is a good tune that should do the work on the dancefloor.

Gappeq is next with possibly the best tune of the compilation. Gappeq is the Czech representative on the compilation. And his appearance here is not a token representative from the home land. This tune kicks some serious asses. Jiri Tomasek is the name, and you’d better start to learn how to spell it cause what we have here a hit. Solid rhythm that reminds me a lot of 1200 mics first album (and that’s for only good reasons) is accompanied with weird sounds and funny samples and melodies. Good stuff!

Vibra, another Brazilian representative on the compilation continues with strong and grinding vibe. A lot of typical full on sounds with some sci-fi samples in between. In the middle the bassline starts to be more dynamic and a melody is introduced. Definitely effective dancefloor number.

Spectra are up next. And as I learn from the booklet they might be 2 brothers. But I am not so sure about it. Radiation Status is another powerful tune, but for some reason I find it really hectic and not leading anywhere. Sounds like a filler to me.

Serbian Alternative Control with Esperanto (proper name for compilation like that) are next. I heard a lot of good things about Alternative Control prior to listening to this tune and I must admit that those guys indeed have potential. Very melodic tune but with none the less strong beat and bruising bassline. Think of it as Protoculture vs Logic bomb. Good effort and I hope the future releases will be good as well.

For closure we are served with something completely different. Sound Field are duo that consists of Andy Yakovlev AKA Prosect and Liron Atia AKA The Poofs. Them both share the same ideology of breaking the walls between progressive and full on trance. And this tune is their debut release. Epic, long, evolving tune that have fierce beat but totally soft pads and leads. Keep your eyes on those guys they surely have a very promising future.

Recommendation: Solid debut compilation from Oxygen Records. Kudos for pushing some new names with fresh ideas and emphasizing on the multi nationality of the artists on the compilation. The artwork is very clean and nice as well. Kudos for that as well!

Favorite Tracks: 1, 3!, 5!!, 6, 9!!
          Everyone in the world is doing something without me
(pLaYtEk)

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Mar 19, 2005 22:55
good compilation

my favourite : 3! , 5!

orianer

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Mar 20, 2005 11:36
i think - that dj tv know his job well
killa selection of music that i like.
finely a really good compilation
my favorite - 4, 5,1 in that order
PEACE!!!!!
          PsYcHeDeLiC music!!!! -==-=--==
HaVe FuN - PeAcE!!

Mobile 0542388566
tv@oxygen
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Mar 20, 2005 15:54
Lauryn - thanx for such a fantastic review! Absolutly agree with you about the Audialize track - its simply a gem. (good choise:-))
It means for us really a lot to get such a amazing feedback.

Pavel - Also thank you for your opinions! Honestly never though that the Setherians track could sounds dark!But its pretty good to know the different perspective. And its also maybe "funny" that we really werent sure about the Gappeqs track - but now it really seems that we made good decision. And i really wish to him the bright future that he deserves.           ..my hovercraft is full of eels...

***Oxygenrecords.com***

*current releases*
2st digital release out soon - Protonica and Suntree
clown
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Mar 22, 2005 00:17
Thanks a million to Oxygen for throwing there contest for me winning a free CD.. hehe

I just got the CD in the mail today and i will listen to this ASAP and let the people know how i feel about this release.. thanks for the stickers and keep up the great releases..

comments to come very soon.. I was very surprised to see Tim Sensient do the mastering on this one and it show's with the powerful sound.

"VA - REWIRED" OUT NOW !! (techtrance invasion) ---> http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/86303/forum/9
http://psy.techno.fm <------- Jester Records's Internet Radio channel
www.jesterrecords.ca
ND
ProSect

Started Topics :  44
Posted : Mar 22, 2005 19:22
hi all,

while i'm waiting for my copies i read your reviews, Lauryn looks like one that prefers energetic morning stuff while pavel is a pure music diver.
Lauryn: thanks for your comments on Sound Field track, its sudden, calm and sometimes agressive as the ocean. Liron used to surf till the accident (and i'm sure he will back to it!), this piece is very emotional for both of us. Indeed we tried to combine fullon with progressive music here and maybe we succeed, also high goa elements are there.
Pavel: thanks amigo, you found our mission.
clown: way to go, waiting for opinions.

ND.           Without Deviation, Progress Is Not Possible.

www.andivision.com
Sound Field / ProSect / Sonify / Radio Mess
PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Mar 30, 2005 08:36
Oxygen Records is a new full on trance label based in the Czech Republic! Their first release is a compilation compiled by dj TV, who seems to be playing in several interesting countries these days, including my home country Norway in a couple of weeks. Here he has picked out both well established names and more unknown artists.

Satellite (Oxygen Records) 2005 (OXYCD001)

1. Mr. Peculiar – Elevation
2. Setherian – Patch This
3. Audialize – Full On Chaos Magic
4. E-Jekt – Shigris
5. Gappeq – One Soul
6. Vibra – Alien Intelligence
7. Spectra – Radiation Status
8. Alternative Control – Esperanto
9. Sound Field – Ocean In Motion

First out is one of my absolute favourite artists when it comes to full on trance, Mr. Peculiar (Dustin Saalfield) from Australia. He manages to make his full on much deeper than most other artists making this kind of music, and you never find any clubby cheese in his music. The track he gives us here is no exception. Deep, drifting trance going trippy as hell. Sort of dark and light at the same time, with a massive sound picture. One of my favourite tracks on this compilation. Track 2 is by Setherian from Brazil who released his debut album (Multiverse) on Glowing Flame Records last year. The track he gives us here is really great. He has this typical Russian night time, darkpsy rhythm drift, but the floating, trippy vibes he adds on top is really incredible! One of the best trance tracks I have heard lately, and I’m sure this one will do well on the dance floors this summer. Track 3 is by Audialize (Joao Apell) from Portugal, who released an album (Wanted) on Ketuh Records in 2003. His album is pretty cool, and he makes his full on more crazy than most other artists in this scene. The track he gives us here goes pretty dark, with swirling, psychedelic sounds going in and out of the track. As usual, we also get some crazy melodies in there. Not among the best tracks I have heard by this guy, but okay. Track 4 is by E-Jekt (Nir Shoshani & Uri Azene) from Israel. This duo has released a couple of tracks on various labels lately. This is a pumping, pretty dark track, with some nice psychedelic sounds playing above the bass line. Also some floating parts, which makes the track pretty trippy.

Track 5 is by a new artist called Gappeq (Jiri Tomasek) from the Czech Republic. Here we get a pretty massive track, with some playful drums above the bassline. Also some intense sounds making it quite dark and intense, and in the middle we get some weird, funny polka alike sounds, before the pumping beat continues again. Not bad. Track 6 is by Vibra (Daniel Costa) from Brazil, who is allready well known in the full on scene. He gives us a quite deep, drifting track as usual. Some voice samples and cool, trippy melodies. Massive full on trance, but also with some quite clubby ingredients in there. Track 7 is by Spectra (Paulo & Francisco Oliveira) from Portugal. This one is definately among my favourites on this album. It starts floating and beautiful. Then sneaks a pumping, groovy beat in. Very trippy track that will work really well on the dance floors this summer. The kind of track that makes you jump out of your chair and start to dance. Deep and trippy as hell. Track 8 is by Alternative Control (Rastko Palikuca & Goran Toprek) from Serbia. Here we get much more melodies. Pure morning trance, with quite fluffy, uplifting vibes. A little bit too clubby for my ears. The last track dj TV gives us on this compilation goes really melodic too. This track is made by a duo from Israel called Sound Field (Andy Yakovlev & Liron Atia). You get some rock guitar influences here, and after a while some old school goa vibes, but not exactly my cup of tea.

This compilation has some really great tracks, especially those by Mr. Peculiar, Setherian and Spectra. We also get a nice variation of tracks here, everything from darkpsy for the night, to melodic morning trance for the sun.
PKS

More reviews at:

http://www.trance.net           CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
Lauryn
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Mar 31, 2005 01:16
I've been listening to this cd a lot in the past week, and the more I listen to it, the more I love the Setherian track...I can't wait to play it in a progressive set this summer

@ ND: it's funny you say that, because typically I tend to play darker, more nighttime music, but its compilations like this that are making me appreciate morning sounds more these days. Looking forward to hearing more releases from Sound Field!           ~gOa ist nicht nur musik sondern auch eine lebenseinstellung~
http://www.peakrec.com/
http://www.myspace.com/djlauryn
Setherian
Setherian

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Mar 31, 2005 02:09
Its interesting to see releases with such a variety that every track pleases someone , not one track in this has been rejected by any reviewer (not only the ones in isra) , thats the way TV, congrats!
By the way, my track is absolutely progressive in my point of view hehe , Im glad to be in this release but its tottally progressive, only with fast bpm .. hey Lauryn , try to check a new release of mine in High End rec, soon to be out, a track called Strange Sounds , I think u will dig it a lot, also Ode to Andromeda out in midijum Soulseeker 3 now , i love that one.
Anyway, This cd is great, i love also the artwork and whole design concept!           The Devil Is In Detail!
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Mar 31, 2005 13:09
Quote:

On 2005-03-19 21:14, Pavel wrote:
Spectra are up next. And as I learn from the booklet they might be 2 brothers. But I am not so sure about it.

yeap they are 2 brothers one of them was shrink, but they got together and created the spectra proj.           ...
Krusty

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Mar 31, 2005 14:22
I'm not such a fan normally of melodic music but TV and Oxygen records show us here the much more refined look at this style and have compiled a really high quality selection of tracks. Nice one

www.omnifestival.org
Fingax
Cosmic Station

Started Topics :  82
Posted : Mar 31, 2005 21:45
i received mine and listened it wisely.. is good pice of music, good track selection Nice debut from O2 team. i think its between that early morning sound somewhere between night and day style, but not the first track or the last ones.. I'll explain..
1º track is nice surprice fromMr Peculiar, wich havent listen nothing like this coming from him. i like this track a lot. it haves all ingredients to push me into dance and keeps the good vibes flowing all the way. nice melows and ambients. nice way to start the compilation.
the second track is a bit difrent from what i was expecting from these cd and mainly because it was after the first track wich was much more melody based. this second track is the kind of tracks that dont let u stoped in a party. fast bass line combining with fast simple rythm percursions and some good atmospheric sounds. it will make u dance. it comes with some light melow in the midlle and the main mellow coming in the last part of the track. not surprising but well done.
The third track is from the well known portuguese act Audialize. Can see his style here but sound difrent as his usual stuff. this one is very nice starting with fast rythms nice synths and the bass line envolving it. Always with some synth playing, as i think it should be this guy haves great potencial, although this track is not the best i saw from him, but very strong as well. and mainly well done. what i most apreciate on this track is the synth lines wich take you out for a travel into wild space heheh Good track and it keeps the balance between morning stuff and noctune fullon not so melodic. reminds me gms kind of mellows sometimes
E-ject , for me, one best track in the cd. here the compilation takes other direction and start to see the sun arise good full on style always with nice synths playing and good ambiences. the music develops very fast so the voyage is intense. Mind blowing actually. he combined the psychedelik elements with the mellodicambiences stuff and gave it a uniq feeling first time for me in this comp. similar to the track befor (audialize) but this one not so repetitive or based only in the same elements. Although it could be better.. hehe.. but rocks big time
Gappeq comes with the first morning smasher one of the best from this cd. only MrPeculiar
had explored the true morning spirit so far so here gappeq shows whats the meening of morning trance good rythmic line, good conductivity and great mellows its all we need actually the flute used is wicked as well. maby its not a flute but it gives a great feeling to the track and after it (3min) the track goes 0gravity.. hehe very nice flow and vibe. this is a dancefloor smasher for shure and keeps rocking till the end. 4 min it looks like SKA trance .. wicked.. i loved this one.. and sudentlly booom all way down to mellows and full race. awsom track
Vibra, comes with a track that remainds me a bit of club vibes. Strong base with nice synths and all ingredients. the mellow that starts at 2.30min is nice. simple but nice. the problem is that still like that till the end. I like the arrangement and the synths used. its a simple and effective track to shake everyone in the dancefloor. works fine for me. i dig this style.
7th track is from Spectra, portuguese duo. They just know how to do a full on track work on the dancefloor. Not surprising but very well done. it haves a nice development but to much repetitive or with lack of main story till the first 3 min. Although is well produced and sound very good. u must get in touch with this group if u dont know it yet good morning stuff. The mellow only comes in the 5th min so they fill the track with rythms and light synths, wich makes it pleasent but could be more powerfull, psychedelik or even complex. it sounds too cluby but great anyway. it remainds me israeli style, without the crasy synth work. if this track had more story to tell it would be one of the best in the comp.
Alternative Control strikes again with the best melodic track from the album. it is just perfect for me. all ingredients to keep u driving into the sunsihine with the best vibes. nice dancing bass, great rythms, nice synths, mellows, ambiences... just think this track is the best in the compilation.. if u hear this one in a party u'll notice for shure.. the simplicity of this guys just makes me wonder.. they can tell you a great story without using to many words.. well done
Last track... Sound Field.. i was expecting to listen this one cause i knew it would sound difrent... it was one the best surprises i had in these compilation. its a style not very usual still very powerfull, cause its 100%danceble combining mellodic stuff with the continuose developing rythm lines that just dont let u stop dancing. still is a very soft track perfect for sunsets or sunshines as u wish.. i just like to imagine dancing it in a wild place in a nice sunset..
Great style, good surprise. Weel done with the synths, and all the creativity work. wich u guys the best!

Overall is a quite good and solid debut for O2 Team. My favourites r 5 \ 8.. 1\3\4\7\9 are very nice as well, and the other are big tracks as well.. They all work perfect on the dancfloor pushing hard from the crowd.
Wish all the best to O2 and all artists for great music. Keep rocking all the time!
Looking forward for the next Ozone realese.
Weel done Dj Tv. good selection if u havent gave it to me i would buy it!
Respect
Booom
nem@oxygen
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Apr 5, 2005 16:46
Another review from dj Cymoon/Sonic Distortion, Inpsyde Media/

Tracklist:

1-Mr. Peculiar - Elevation
2-Setherian - Patch This
3-Audialize - Full On Chaos Magic
4-E-jekt - Shigris
5-Gappeq - One Soul
6-Vibra - Alien Intelligence
7-Spectra - Radiation Status
8-Alternative Control - Esperanto
9-Sound Field - Ocean in Motion

The first one to listen is the track "Elevation" from MR. PECULIAR, quite known artist from Australia, bringing us his original psytrance style full of melodies, twilight psychedelia and warm rhythms, very good track from him. If you know his other tracks, you definitely know how it sounds. If you dont know, just check it. The second one is from brasilian artist SETHERIAN. "Patch this" is more on the progressive side of psytrance, going fast straight forward with decent relaxing soundscapes than real melodies. With the third track we move to Portugal and its well know full on sound represented here by AUDIALIZE and his track "Full on chaos magic". Nice pumping track with a great melody but it is too long and gets a bit repetitive in the end. The next one is E-JEKT from Israel coming with a driving israeli full on track "Shigris". Good one, but I've expected more originality from them. And here we have a track "One soul" from our czech hero GAPPEQ. Raw driving - kind of portugal - full on but you can hear his personal effort and weird sound in it. The track has really great break down with some reggae/dub or whatever elements, goood. With VIBRA we are back in Brasil again. I have a small problem with his "Alien Intelligence" because it really reminds me the X-dream track "Try to save your soul" with its german raving elektro synth dominating the track. I would call it a full-on remix of this x-dreams track Otherwise it is simple, hard hitting and definitely working. The 7th tracks is from portugal project SPECTRA with one of the most beautiful tracks here "Radiation Status". Warm rhythms and bass, great decent melodies, great atmosphere, great melancholic track and still very danceable. The serbian act ALTERNATIVE CONTROL comes with a happy full on psytrance track "Esperanto". Sounds nice, optimistic, it is summer dancefloor killer but only for one season in my opinion. The last one is "Ocean in motion" by SOUND FIELD from Israel and it is big surprise for me. Do not expect anything like israeli full on, it is a combination of raw guitars, goa melodies, progressive elements and calm atmosphere mixed all together. Really innovative track, for me the best one in this compilation.

So in the end, Satellite is a very good debut compilation from Oxygen, tracks of various styles with one aspect for all of them - the morning sound. You dont get bored, you can find your favorite tracks while the others wont disturbing you much and are still nice to listen, because you know the next track will not sound the same.

clown
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Apr 18, 2005 08:31
Jester records review by Dj Clown, VA - Satellite (Oxygen Records)

Tracklist:

1-Mr. Peculiar - Elevation
2-Setherian - Patch This
3-Audialize - Full On Chaos Magic
4-E-jekt - Shigris
5-Gappeq - One Soul
6-Vibra - Alien Intelligence
7-Spectra - Radiation Status
8-Alternative Control - Esperanto
9-Sound Field - Ocean in Motion

Well, what an album I must say. I had high hopes from the start knowing that Sound Field, Vibra and E-jekt was on the album. Hear's how things turned out.

It starts off with a blaster, Mr. Peculiar gives us a great opening track to the compilation, with a soothing trancy ambiance, but yet, the bassline has such power and is at a fast tempo.. it was the first time i've ever heard this guy's music, and i must say I enjoyed the journey..

Setherian gives us something a little more minimal, or maybe we can say progressive. It also has a techy feel to it. I really like the music, but i lose intereset in the bassline.. Good stuff..

I've heard Audialize in the past, and liked a few of the tracks, but this one really kills it.. The energy this song omits makes you want to close your eyes and absorbe the sounds. One of the my favorite tracks on this comp for sure. The track name describes the song. Its magical.

When This next one starts (E-jekt), it clears the mind instantly, and starts you off in a new universe. The bassline is really funky and the track always seems to get harder and harder, and that's great for dancefloors, the progression keeps you woundering what to expect next, and you are always caught by surprise. It has a unique atmosphere as well.

Gappeq is something new to me, and straight off i get a good impression.. I LOVE the dark bassline, and the overall dark atmosphere. Crashing hat sounds, with a tecky ring to them. It just keeps getting better and better. As it evolves, it brings you to this strange breakdown, where the song takes a twist into a different world, a more trancy dimension. You fall into the final warpzone, get twisted around, batterd, then thrown right back into the first zone. All hell breaks loose, and you go nuts till the end !! A very interesting project if you ask me.

Ahh, at last, some new sounds from Vibra. And amen.. This track gets my hands down to the album. its right down my stream of music. You get a very electric feel to this one. Makes me think of Wizzy Noise... I like this new turn, because wizzy sounds are some of my favorites. Its groovy goodness, happy feel, and interesting melodies, makes this one my track of the month.

Okay, take a deep breath, that last track was pretty intense. This one made me look again at the tracklisting.. Spectra is the artist, and it feels like some sort of silicon sounding groove. Its great right after Vibra's track, plus I like this sort of Psytrance. The pace seems perfect to me, and the sounds aren't too agressive. It puts me back into a clear state of trance and it seems to get faster and faster the whole way.A delight to listen to.

Alternative Control takes things down another notch, with something alot softer than the previous tracks. it sounds very israely full-on.. a little to fluffy for my personal tastes, but i guess alot of people like this style. Near the end of a party, this would be great.

Just went you think its over, you get woaken up by the funkyness of this track. Its alot slower bpm than all the other songs, but that doesn't take anything away from its great sound. This is another one of my favorite tracks from this album.. It has a deep ambiance, very psytech, but nothing pouding, yet uplifting and not cheezy. Its great music if you ask me!

All in all, this is a sure buy for any psytrance fan. It gives you a varied taste of Trance music, with a good overall tracklisting. I enjoy pretty much every track on this album and i think it deserves a 9.8/10 overall. When they are all good tracks, that's what happens.
Thank you Oxygen records.

"VA - REWIRED" OUT NOW !! (techtrance invasion) ---> http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/86303/forum/9
http://psy.techno.fm <------- Jester Records's Internet Radio channel
www.jesterrecords.ca
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - va-Satellite (Oxygen Records 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance