04. ARSENIC - Triangle Circle 148
05. PHATMATIX - Trauma 147
06. WIZACK TWIZACK - Drugs 'n' Stuff 151
07. SAMADHI - Ohm Phorce 148
08. TRISKELL - T.O.S 146
09. KILLER BUDS - Tormented Mind 146
10. ELECTRYPNOSE VS MELODIX - Graphite 145

Release Info-
A Compilation that welcomes people into the Lunar Realm. Ten unreleased and customized songs from artists around the globe, that take the listener on an extraordinary journey. According to the Amaris Records ideology, music is not just meant to entertain you, but it should require you to move on the dance floor, whether at home or at a party. Lunik does just that. It is an exceptional CD that doesn’t define a time of day to be played, but rather allows you to journey to the moon on a whim. This not stop CD promises a remarkable voyage and seventy minutes of unfathomable bliss. Lunik has been mastered by Dean Picardo. Dean has also been the mastering wizard for Tantrumm Records latest release “Freshly Squeezed”.

Review
1. Beautiful intro by Amaris project, sets the tone and ambience for that journey to the moon. The sample is absolutely divine, where is that from?? Yes the acid is definitely in the music, and we get to see that as the musical journey unfolds in the next nine tracks. 9/10

2. Opens with another bold sample and some interesting twists and turns with the kick and the bass. The track takes off after 2 mins with a nice driving bassline and groove, nice opening track for a start of a night set. The beginning is the best part of the track though, interesting synths and sounds come in later but i feel a little more variation with the bass and some synths taking off towards the end would have been nice.One of the better kashyyyk tracks though looking forward to hearing more from this rare producer. 7/10

3. One of my favourite producers in the scene today, and as usual he doesnt disappoint me in any way. Another absolute bomb to go with the rest of his tracks that i like to play. A solid driving kick and bass, lots of variations. His signature atmospheres, vocals and synths with a lot of new nocturnal intrigue and a slightly different twist from his earlier work. This one is one of those "you can drop it at anytime" kinda tracks night, twilight and for those cloudy mornings 8/10

4. Now the real twisting of this cd starts to take place, a steady bass but not monotonous in any way thanks to the goblin sounds and piercing synths that keep boring those lil holes into your cranium like an evil goblin looking for gold deep inside your head. This is where the psychedelia starts to take a hold of you and you settle into that groove on the dancefloor where the mind takes over and the feet follow. Was never a big fan of Arsenic, but after this one you got me listening man. Good job! 8/10

5. One of my favourite producers again so i could be biast After a deep dose of psychedelia in the previous track, Mr phatmatix jus grabs you by the goolies and makes you bounce uncontrollably. Powerful track for the floor this one, lots of synths and sounds to keep you engaged, a solid bassline that shifts and turns like nobody's business. The middle lacks a bit of the energy built up in the beginning but just when you think the energy is dropping, it goes straight back into overdrive with more stuff for the mind this time around. Only thing i didnt like was the ghostly vocal that comes in a lot, but artistic license must be respected i guess! 8/10

6. A breather from the french mayhem created in the previous track, steady driving twilight tune. Well produced track but i found the melody that is predominant in some parts a bit too fluffy and not going with the dark overtones set by the track. Picks up a bit towards the end for a respectable finish! Good vocal sample though. 7/10

7. Here comes Ilya with his own brand of fearless bass, really impressed with just how fucking Phat this kids basslines are, great scratchy synths as well filtering into a never ending spiral. He manages to create a bed of bass on which all the other parts of his track are having a wicked orgy on top. Interesting breakdown but not really my style, a lil more thought could have been put in this department according to me. Finishes respectably with a melange of mad sounds! Expecting a lot more from this guy in the future 7.5/10

8. Aaahh here comes another talented frenchman with a track which sets you up for a lovely morning stomp after all the mayhem created in the previous tracks. Great bassline and kick with gently building dark melodies with hints of light. A track for contemplation of all the wicked behaviour at night hehe a mind track this one. I think that the finish could have been a lot more powerful though in true Triskell style. The story behind the name of this track made it interesting for me. Triskell Online Support 7/10

9. A typical Killer Buds track this one, i love these guys but still hearing a lot of their old synths, basses, atmospheres, kicks and shifts. I hope their new album has a lot more versatility. A powerful track nevertheless, but come on guys wanna hear a new story 6/10

10. A fitting end to a magical journey to the moon and back. Electrypnose you definitely are one of the most talented musicians out there, i just love how this guy reinvents himself constantly to suit a compil from the darkest tunes to the most melodic mornings. His lineage and genes i think are responsible! Melorix and you need to do a morning project, looking forward to an album of this melancholic, heart warming sound. Good job guys! 8/10

Good job with the mastering by Dean Picardo.

Artwork is simply splendid a lot of attention to detail and very psychedelic, good to see an indian guy with such creative talent.

Overall killer release by Amaris Records, definitely worth spending your hard earned bucks on. Hope to see more madness from you folks in the future!
sHiVaMoOon

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Apr 16, 2007 20:16
This is my first review, just wanted to explain my ranking system.

10/10 hard to achieve by anybody i have high standards!
9/10 Simply superb u touched my heart with this one
8/10 Most impressed
7/10 Good job and good quality work that deserves credit.
6/10 Good but could be better.

Looking forward to writing more reviews
mikeonacid
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  78
Posted : Apr 16, 2007 23:58
nice work

the best tune for me its the Phatmat!x           http://www.noizeconspiracy.com

Combat - New Generation
VA - Greekedelia
VA - Endangered Species
Psychotic Micro - Edge of Sanity
VA - League of Shadows
Delysid - Noize Infection
VA - Twilight Vision soon...
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Apr 17, 2007 01:09
really liked the phatmatix track. the atmosphere and melodies just ooze out spookyness . liked triskell's track alot as well, stylistically he sounds similar to phatmatix i think. and the electrypnose track is nice . i dont think iv seen another artist as versatile as him.
-angad           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
le barde
Electrypnose

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Apr 17, 2007 16:57
hi there.
thanks for the kind words and glad if you like this melodic/light side of the way.

i know the mistake is easy to do, but it's not meloRix who i worked with, but meloDix...
meloDix is a project from switzerland working on pretty morning sound.
would be cool to work with meloRix, but the result would definitely not be that melodic ...
pete
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Apr 17, 2007 19:40
Love the Samadhi track...a rare combination of power and melody. As far as the breakdown goes, after the scratchy leads the pleasant, relaxed percussion is pretty humorous and the following noises are mental enough to bring a smile to my face. Good stereo effects too.

Thought the electrypnose had great potential, but the melody got boring for me by the end of the track. Would love to hear more productions in that vein, so I look forward to any more collaborations with Melodix for sure.           http://soundcloud.com/herbert-quain
sHiVaMoOon

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Apr 17, 2007 20:22
Quote:

On 2007-04-17 16:57, le barde wrote:
hi there.
thanks for the kind words and glad if you like this melodic/light side of the way.

i know the mistake is easy to do, but it's not meloRix who i worked with, but meloDix...
meloDix is a project from switzerland working on pretty morning sound.
would be cool to work with meloRix, but the result would definitely not be that melodic ...

baba my mistake, typo!! big greets to melodix, heard abt that lil school you got going on in the alps would love to come have a few sessions with u folks, much love and power to you and melodix           (Rudraksh / Amaris records)
VA "DEEP FRIED" compiled by Dj Shiva Moon out now on Rudraksh Records!
VA Ahimsa double cd compilation out now!
VA " Fry or Die " under construction!
www.rudrakshrecords.com
www.amarisrecords.com
d1m1tr1
Dark Elf

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Apr 17, 2007 23:41
Quote:

On 2007-04-17 16:57, le barde wrote:

hrhrhrhrhrhr

i loved the Samadhi track (as always) and a cool one was the phatmatix

thx 4 the music           http://darkelf.gr
http://www.sonic-loom.com
aXis
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Apr 18, 2007 11:17
samadhi is killllllllllllllaa !!!!

This Va has been one of the most worked upon , And u can smell the hardwork being put into it !!!

The artwork is brilliant, and the choices of tracks superb.

Big bom to Shanx!!!
insane
Silent Horror

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Apr 18, 2007 16:45
gr8 review by shivamoon...
shankx and crew have def worked hard on this one..
good luck for future releases..
Phatmatrix - yummy..
bom!           ------------------------------
NEMESIS - DEVILSMIND RECORDS - 2007
PATTERNS EP - DEVILSMIND RECORDS _ 2009
SEANCE - DEVILSMIND RECORDS - 2011
PATTERNS II EP - DEVILSMIND RECORDS _ 2013
MercuryFall
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Apr 20, 2007 00:08
Quote:

On 2007-04-16 19:54, sHiVaMoOon wrote:
10. A fitting end to a magical journey to the moon and back. Electrypnose you definitely are one of the most talented musicians out there, i just love how this guy reinvents himself constantly to suit a compil from the darkest tunes to the most melodic mornings. His lineage and genes i think are responsible! Melorix and you need to do a morning project, looking forward to an album of this melancholic, heart warming sound. Good job guys! 8/10.

I totally agree, but this is not Melorix, but MELODIX, fresh producer from Switzerland, morning oriented with a fantastic vibe, watch out for his future releases
          V/A Floating Mirror - OUT NOW - with Celles, Midimal, Electrypnose, Melodix, Troll Scientists, Yab Yum, Gaspard, Ajja, Cradle of Beats! Info on
http://www.myspace.com/moonlooprecords
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/mol/mol1cd001.html
MercuryFall
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Apr 20, 2007 00:11
I see Le Barde already corrected the mistake

<shameless auto-promotion mode on>If you liked this 'Graphite' track, you will probably love "MELOMIX", another Electrypnose vs. Melodix track, released in june on Moonloop Records. http://www.moonloop-records.com
<shameless auto-promotion mode off>           V/A Floating Mirror - OUT NOW - with Celles, Midimal, Electrypnose, Melodix, Troll Scientists, Yab Yum, Gaspard, Ajja, Cradle of Beats! Info on
http://www.myspace.com/moonlooprecords
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/mol/mol1cd001.html
!Ce M@n
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Apr 21, 2007 17:18
Heard this Cd today ..
wild Cd for Wild PPl ...
crazy intense trax by megalopsy,phatmatix,wizack twizack ,what impressed me was triskell .. we get to hear very rare from fred ...and when u get U get good !
samadhi's track is my fav track in this V.A ... mad production from a mad russian act !
very nice non stop cd ...
boom to amaris recd and all da artist involved in makin this cd successfullll !
          0x00000PSy
MorNinG MaGiC

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 25, 2007 11:16
This cd is sure hell of a ride i must say some really stomping nos. in here for sure ..!

i can feel the sense of hard work done in here by the AMARIS REC crew to get their first installment out and thus showcasing the wide range and variety of styles they wanna illustrate and introduce to people in general from their side ..!

MY PIKS ARE:-

03. MEGALOPSY - Black Hole 145 <- intense holding nothing back in your face from the outset ..! brilliantly done these guys have some real talent and potential avidly awaiting more work from them.!

05. PHATMATIX - Trauma 147<--- MY FAV PRODUCER.. MAYB OF ALL TIME .. can neva get enuf of STEFS work im always amazed with his detailing and the guile with which his sounds and surreal arrangements define the whole trax and the concept is always hard hitting dancefloor chaotic produced muzik nevertheless .. people who complain tht he is repetative and sounds the same for them i say well too bad u dnt like it COZ I FOR SURELY DO ...! keep it goin stef ..!:good:

07. SAMADHI - Ohm Phorce 148 <--- the russian power house illustrates another fat rolling sound loaded with the samadhi crunch style and power u would assossiate with him ..! waiting for more ..

10. ELECTRYPNOSE VS MELODIX - Graphite 145<--- I WOULD END MY SET WITH SUCH A TRAX its brilliant i must say the melody is catchy and emotional i would say somewhat representing the entire aura build around the INDIAN LABELS ... perfect ending to a rather chaotic ride ..!

LE BARDE HAS TO BE MAYBE THE MOST VERSATILE ANG GIFTED PRODUCERS IN THE SCN I MUST SAY...!
chill as the alp mountains and warm as the trax above and as his album and other traxs have been ..!

luv n lite to all involved for their future ventures much respect ..!
BOoOm ..!

Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Apr 25, 2007 11:19
A nice V/a tracks here specially by megalopsy, phatmatix, and samadh are bloody good

Keep it up lunikssss            “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA Lunik ( Amaris Records) 2007 CD

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance