Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA : Life Is...Dimensions (BNE/YOYO Sep. 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA : Life Is...Dimensions (BNE/YOYO Sep. 2005)

themagicgoose

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 7, 2005 02:02
my buddy just got this cd and after an indepth listen of more then once in a row, i can easly say that this is a grate musical experiance! the production is flawless and this cd has alot of freash and crisp vibes to it. Basics "Facing the Sun" has too be one of my faves on this cd it just flows magicly!!
this cd is a must for anyone who understands the soulfull and spiritual side of electronic music!
grate job BNE
          I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, its a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do,and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
-Dr. Seuss
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Oct 7, 2005 10:12
Quote:

On 2005-10-06 20:32, clown wrote:
okay well, im going to get murderd for saying this, but fuck, it might be my ignorance speaking but where is the psytrance in this compilation?? I bought this album just by looking at the artists involved and it took my breath away.. unfortunatly, when i popped in the CD, my breath didn't come back and neither did the CD in my CD player..

For those of you expecting some full-on psytrance tracks, this is not for you.. its more of an Ambiant CD or Dub or anything but 4/4 kick music..

Im sure the music is great, and the production seems more than perfect but it really took me by surprise to hear that every track on this compilation are intro's.....

just a little note to the consumers..

Dont you feel a tad emberessed now? Have you ever heard the other three albums in this series? Quality quality.. Why did you expect Full-On?

- http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/yoy/yoy1cd060.html

- http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/yoy/yoy1cd044.html

- http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/yoy/yoy1cd054.html

These are the other three albums in the series. And it's nice light summer/autom/winter/spring music. Each album has a feeling i think.

---
but it really took me by surprise to hear that every track on this compilation are intro's.....
---

What did you mean by this? (I havent heard this release yet.)
Urban Tropic
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Oct 9, 2005 14:41
high quality music
Jason (LyTe)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Oct 10, 2005 16:17
Indeed, high end stuff, well within the standards of the previous three. here are my buck and 3/4 (hebrew link):

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3149182,00.html           "We Do Not Allways See Things As They Are. We See Things As We Are" -Ancient Chinese Proverb

LyTe Email:TechnoLyte@gmail.com
clown
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 05:52
I must have missed the other releases in the "life of...." series, and now that i've fully listend to the album, i really like the music and i can understand it.           "VA - REWIRED" OUT NOW !! (techtrance invasion) ---> http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/86303/forum/9
http://psy.techno.fm <------- Jester Records's Internet Radio channel
www.jesterrecords.ca
The Green Channel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Oct 26, 2005 18:23
Quote:

On 2005-09-30 22:38, guy cohen wrote:
I don't know why he is still produce full-on music when he can create excllent tune's like this one...

Yes, it seems strange; he should release a full length chill-out album instead. His featured tune is incredible.

The angel-tears tune is astonishing, even breathtaking. I must say that angel tears are amongst my favorite artists; their last album took me by surprise and totally blew me away. The combination of ethnic samples, tribal drums and ethnic instruments is my favorite cocktail. I’m waiting anxiously for their next album.

Violet vision, have a distinct sound, which is filled with layers of creativity and originality, a truly lovely tune.

J.views. read the above and replace violet vision with J.views.

I also enjoyed GLF track.

It’s over-all a great release, certainly not perfect, but high-quality-stuff nonetheless.
8 /10.
          "Love is a way of life"

(Gaia, Love, Nature, Shamanism (.2A.y.0a.hu.1a.sc.2a.), Terence McKenna)
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Oct 27, 2005 22:36
Life is series among with Violet Vision and Shulman are pretty much the only decent things coming out of Israel..

And this is just as awesome as the previous in the series

9/10

"The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Willy Wonka
Inactive User

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Oct 27, 2005 23:49
Miha is poor fella, he wants to do good music in wrong country, all his tries of progressive house failed because of our location.

Good luck to him, i would definatly buy this CD after hearing demos.
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Nov 20, 2005 09:58
Well, I read the responses here and went to have another couple of listens to see if I was missing something. My opinion hasn't changed.

For me this chapter kinda killed this series which I really liked at the beginning.

It mostly bored me and I find it very uninspired.

Space Cat & Oforia is very nice, J.Viewz delivers a nice tune, but he can and does much much better. VV is also decent. As is the Oforia track with a wierd hibrid of commerical lounge and IM moves.

Nice but not exciting or innovative.

The rest is just... well... boring to me, and the build of the story really lacks as well.           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Bom*shankar
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jan 14, 2006 13:55
I agree with Shahar, are you guys out of your heads? This CD sucks- it's boring and average as can be.

Only nice tracks are from Space Cat & Oforia (Oforia should definitely make this kind of commercial chillout instead of the boring full on he makes today) & J.Views. Echotek & Violet Vision is OK too I guess. The rest is boring low quality downtempo stuff. Nobody will remember this in a year from now....
I just sold my copy to second hand shop last week... lost 80 percent on it... a waste...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA : Life Is...Dimensions (BNE/YOYO Sep. 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance