Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Keep The Faith (Triplag Records) TRPLGCD01 Sept. 2007

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA - Keep The Faith (Triplag Records) TRPLGCD01 Sept. 2007

jowy333

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Oct 7, 2007 00:23
1. Fungus Funk - Let's Rock! 145 8:02 w&p Sergei Prilepa . Russia
2. Hishiryo vs Gidra - Sickpeople 150 6:55 w&p Cyril "Shenz" Pin, France and Thomas Aquino Lobo, India
3. Olien - Infinitek 152 6:34 w&p Oliver Bach. Germany
4. Zerohour - Progression To Agression 152 5:47 w&p Georgi Yuriev Dunkov. Bulgaria
5. wi']['ch - Aliens Don'T Smoke 150 7:20 w&p Koba Jukubaskas. Germany
6. Far East Ghost - Model 19 152 6:47 w&p Takeomi Matsuura. Japan
7. C.P.C - Save Your Souls 152 8:06 w&p Vladislav Radostavin. Russia
8. T.A.S. - Cubes 154 7:39 w&p Jonas Hellqvist. Sweden
9. Neo Vox - The Arsonist 153 7:56 w&p Felipe Gomes Pereira. Brazil
10. Sectio Aurea - Snake Club 156 9:12 w&p Faverio Christian, Marina Sostaric. Switzerland

Mastered by Tim Schuldt @ 4CN Studios
Artwork by Sharyn Ashley
Art text by Zero-Blade
Distributed by SaikoSounds
---------------------------------------------

i generally enjoyed this album. for me with darkpsy seems like i only find a few releases a month with tracks i thoroughly enjoy on them and this was one of them.

1. Fungus Funk - Let's Rock! - pretty cool but a bit too silly for me. I can definetely see why someone would enjoy it tho Had a nice high energy bassline that was higher in pitch than regular darkpsy, also had some almost suomish melodic arpy sounds mix with very twisted ripping darkpsy leads that come right out at you.

2. Hishiryo vs Gidra - Sickpeople - This track has a great amount of detail. Nice low dark bassline, serious pads, and a whole collection of sounds and effects. They hit you with a lot of sounds but i kind of feel like they arent very well tuned. It really felt like an older track but still nice nonetheless.

3. Olien - Infinitek : What a crazy track I especially enjoyed this one im not sure why. I think its because of its one of a kind feeling. He uses these uncomprimising atmospheres and some pretty nice darkpsy leads. Theres just this really unique feeling to the whole thing kind of a have to hear for yourself sort of deal.

4. Zerohour - Progression To Agression: This track is ok but I really felt like it would have sounded better with a deeper bass but for its own feeling its good Has very psycho and aggressive leads but there is a high toned bass, kind of gives off eerie vibes but is also cool

5. wi']['ch - Aliens Don'T Smoke: What a nice track. Witch put a very nice bass for this one, i really like how it sounds on the lower notes. This track has a very badass killa vibe because of the deep smooth bassline. I was impressed with the leads I did not expect them to be this twisted and aggressive, pretty impressive. Overall i think its a great track and i hope to hear more like this from Witch.

6. Far East Ghost - Model 19: I love the intro, sounds like the start to a great track for me, but the problem is the leads sound like guitars to me and unfortunately wasnt really my thing but it is a well made track. good sound quality, nice pads and atmospheres.

7. C.P.C - Save Your Souls: This track is very psychedelic with a morning feel too it. The intro seems like it would be a normal darkpsy track but after the breakdown around 3 min it takes a turn. It has a nice rolling bassline that doesnt feel cheesy at all. It has this melodic + darkpsy mix to it that combined the melodic and non melodic sounds and it is combined in a such a way that i would say it worked out perfectly. One of those tracks that can be played towards the end of a party to keep the energy going.

8. T.A.S. - Cubes: TAS uses a rolling bassline that goes up and down but manages to keep a very dark feel this track. For the firs 4 min he puts a multiplex of sounds that seem very nicely layered. A lot of nice sounds, pads, and samples. Then a really thick, ripping lead comes in, follow by some more trippy sounds and then at the end its just wacko. Really liked this one probably my favorite on the album.

9. Neo Vox - The Arsonist: Really crazy track. Has some very obscure sounds. Everything has this crazy high feeling its really hard to explain. There is a lot going on in this track and a lot of crazy sounds and changes. Nice bassline and groove. If you dont mind a bunch of higher crazy sounds with a lot of energy this is a good track.

10. Sectio Aurea - Snake Club: This track is something else im not even going to try to describe this. I almost wanna say it wouldnt be nearly as weird with a different bassline but i dont think thats true, the bassline is just really crazy. Probably a must hear for darkpsy listeners but everyones different.
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Oct 7, 2007 04:08
very very cool cd indeed... i like quite a lot!

Hishiryo Gidra, Olien, Witch(!) & CPC(!!!) are my favorites... keep it up
triplag
Triplag Music

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Oct 9, 2007 16:47
jowy333 ,

thank you very much for the review! Very encouraging for artists and label

vic

Get TRIPLAG MUSIC CDs and T-shirts in
http://www.triplag.com/shop/
djsid
Aghori Tantrik

Started Topics :  85
Posted : Oct 10, 2007 11:18
yep kliller cd for sure
nice work every1...!!
my fav cpc tho..lately been hearin his stuff and i shud say one of best sound designers in the scene today..

cheers and get us moreeee!!
          aGh0Ri TanTriK
Sonic Tantra Records
http://www.sonictantra.com
http://agh0ritantrik.weebly.com
http://www.soundclick.com/aghoritantrik
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Oct 10, 2007 15:17
Heard only Hishi Vs Gidra and CPC, both stand out track's.

Specially CPC.            “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
KundaliniRising
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Oct 10, 2007 17:31
VA - Keep the Faith (DARKCD002) 2007

Cat. #: TRPLGCD001
Artist: Various
Title: Keep the Faith
Format: Digipak CD
Label: Triplag Music
Date:09/2007
Compiled by:Victor aka Dj FungusOk
Mastered by: 4CN Studios
Cover Art: Sharyn Ashley
Art text : Zero Blade
Length: 74:08

Tracklist:

1. Fungus Funk - Let's Rock! ~145 ~ 8:02 ~ w&p Sergei Prilepa :: Russia
2. Hishiryo vs Gidra - Sickpeople ~ 150 ~ 6:55 ~ w&p Cyril "Shenz" Pin, France and Thomas Aquino Lobo, India
3. Olien - Infinitek ~ 152 ~ 6:34 ~ w&p Oliver Bach. Germany
4. Zerohour - Progression To Agression ~ 152 ~ 5:47 ~ w&p Georgi Yuriev Dunkov. Bulgaria
5. wi']['ch - Aliens Don'T Smoke ~ 150 ~ 7:20 ~ w&p Koba Jukubaskas. Germany
6. Far East Ghost - Model 19 ~ 152 ~ 6:47 ~ w&p Takeomi Matsuura. Japan
7. C.P.C - Save Your Souls ~ 152 ~ 8:06 ~ w&p Vladislav Radostavin. Russia
8. T.A.S. - Cubes ~ 154 ~ 7:39 ~ w&p Jonas Hellqvist. Sweden
9. Neo Vox - The Arsonist ~ 153 ~ 7:56 ~ w&p Felipe Gomes Pereira. Brazil
10. Sectio Aurea - Snake Club ~ 156 ~ 9:12 ~ w&p Faverio Christian, Marina Sostaric. Switzerland

Triplag Radio has been one of the most sucessfully running internet radio station specializing in dark psytrance in recent years.After having aired a humungous plethora of dark psy talents played at various parties, Dj fungusok thought it was now time to begun a record label and had their first compilation released in Sept, 2007. VA Keep the Faith is a thanksgiving for all the supporters over past years, who kept faith in Triplag, music family and our scene!

With this compilation dj FungusOk has tried to bring you awesome new tracks from undisputed leaders of the genre together with new coming names. They created 10 high voltage tracks for pure dance pleasure. This is not for listening and smoking, this music is to shake your mind and body and stomp out all the doubts and hesitations. So let us take on a journey of faith and experience joy of dark psychedelic dance that will leave us all with desire for more!

Reviews:

1. Fungus Funk - Let's Rock!

I've been a great fan of Fungus Funk's wicked brain slicing leads since his hay days, all that comes to my mind when i hear the name Fungus funk is , Sergei with a chainsaw ready for the slaughter !! lol , so lets see how brutally he does our brains with this track. "Lets Rock !" opens up with the fungus saw tooth grizzly sounding leads backed with some beats, 0.52 a screeching lead flies kick-starting the track with a high pitched rolling bassline, more synth leads start creeping in, track keeps flowing further with everything in control and 2:52 on starts the wicked synthesis pumping up the acid , lots of FM sounds keep coming, the sharp hi-hats add up well to the appregiated melodies there;s a great build up around 5:59 which
breaks out with the "Lets rock..." sample at 6:10 and goes cranking all the way till the end. Great opening track.

2. Hishiryo vs Gidra - Sickpeople

Begins with a drone, and soon starts the low pitched bassline with a pretty weak kick, acid leads keep coming,backed with some evil atmospheric pads, the flow of the track makes it feel like u're watching a fast paced thriller movie. There's alot of snarkiness in the overall composition, giving it a "we care a fuck feel..." Wish this track was more worked upon, this one seemed like a track made on the fly.

3. Olien - Infinitek

Starts with some white noise atmosphere and breaks into a tight kick n bass combination, this track has a pretty serious approach right from the beginning, evil atmosphere, all sounds used by these artists are well placed in the sonic space. Spookiness keeps floating all through, its one hellraising track that will keep a grip on your brain, no waste of time n space , Paranoia is the name of this game. High-quality production , this makes me expect some more from this artist .

4. Zero Hour - Progression to Agression

This one comes straight to the point with full agression just like its name, great leads, and floating pads, psychotic FX, 1:30 on the bassline gets bouncy and keeps shifting pitches,this kinda track progression reminds me lot of old goa tracks. Further the track gets more crunchier with soundscapes that would put you travelling into a story. The leads and the melody get swirly and keep on warping the brains.

5. Witch - Aliens Don;t Smoke

Strange and Obscure sounding intro, groovy flow in the beginning, with some strange alienetic samples, squeaks squeals, all kinda FM sounds chopped , this guys played with the fx pretty impressively and with great timings, wickedly carved leads. This track is filled with high doses of Dementia. Promising new act.

6. Far East Ghost - Model 19

Yet another impressive intro, and 0:52 starts the pounding bassline, with some wicked sounding leads and fx, the distorted sound scapes. The tracks begins to get intense with so many layers of sound, but the guitar sounding leads give it an edgy feel but thats just my opinon,overall great track composition.

7. CPC - Save your souls

Spooky beginning, bad ass bassline, and some top quality sampling, pure hypnotic vibe ,killer melody on 3:10 takes the track to a different level, the atmosphere is sinister and touches your innerself, has an old goa feel to it, the mystic on this track keep building up all the way till the end which is seldom found on today;s tracks. certainly a mental journey.

8. TAS - Cubes

Opens with rolling bassline, great leads, this one has quite an industrial feel to it, crunchy leads and other synth textures give a serious dark feel, impressive breaks and use of vocal samples, except for "I wanna wake up.." which has been overly used over years in psy trax, although this one fits the track in a well manner, overall a tight sounding track.

9. Neo Vox - The Arsonist

Short technoish start, which doesn;t last long and breaks into a punchy bassline, perfectly fitted textures of sound that would drive you insane, great atmosphere, the acid synth are tweaked to get you out of your senses. wickedly swept fx. Liked the variation of textures, high octane track.

10. Sectio Aurea - Snake Club

South park sample intro, starts with a phat bassine, and some weird floating leads and fm sounds, lot of humourous and quirky layers of sound, track gets more intense as it progresses, loved that lead sample that keep s repeating since 2:28 , the atmosphere keeps changing in a bizarre manner, not a regular dark track. Highly Mental composition !!

All in all a great compilation as the labels debut release.

Fav trax, 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 & 10

Boom Shanti !!!
KundaliniRising
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Oct 10, 2007 18:10
There;s a slight mistake in the post that I noticed about wrongly mentioning the Catalogue number of this CD as

VA - Keep the Faith (DARKCD002) 2007

whereas it should be

VA - Keep the Faith (TRPLGCD001) 2007

Sorry for the typo !!
D-A-R-K
D-A-R-K Records

Started Topics :  96
Posted : Oct 11, 2007 06:47
Nice reviews Jowy333 and KundaliniRising!!!

On a personal note, this is an excellent VA, good artists selection and powerful tracks all the way!!

Best of success to everyone, keep it dark

Boom           D-A-R-K Records
http://www.d-a-r-k.net
http://www.dark-records.com
fungusok
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Oct 11, 2007 17:18
thank you KundaliniRising !!

wow 9 of 10 tracks!! I'm very happy           TRIPLAG MUSIC ::
http://www.triplag.com/music/
D-A-R-K records::
Rockdenashi Productionz ::
Aku.Aku
Aku Aku

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Oct 12, 2007 19:19
Witch - Aliens Dont Smoke kileeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr treck goooddd luck my broooo

good luck triplagggggggggg

http://www.myspace.com/akuakutimor
CRX(HSS Records)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Oct 13, 2007 02:01
Thumps up for this special resease!
for me 1,6,7 is already in my case
CRX,HSS           Helicon Sounds Music
www.hssr.gr
gandharva
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Oct 13, 2007 03:46
this is a real bomb, very good indeed           dont worry be hippie
Sectio Aurea
Sectio Aurea

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Oct 15, 2007 14:28
yoo nice reviews..straight at the point
hey kundalinirising brother it s not south park but the grim adventures of billy & mandy our favorite cartoon
anyway thanks for ur works!!!
keep listening n enjoy it!

respect 3ò

http://sectioaurea.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/sectio-aurea
http://www.sectioaurea.org
Andrey
Inactive User

Started Topics :  62
Posted : Oct 15, 2007 20:14
Label: Triplag
Catalog#: TRPLGCD001
Format: CD, Compilation, Digipak

1. Fungus Funk - Let's Rock! 145 8:02 w&p Sergei Prilepa . Russia
2. Hishiryo vs Gidra - Sickpeople 150 6:55 w&p Cyril "Shenz" Pin, France and Thomas Aquino Lobo, India
3. Olien - Infinitek 152 6:34 w&p Oliver Bach. Germany
4. Zerohour - Progression To Agression 152 5:47 w&p Georgi Yuriev Dunkov. Bulgaria
5. wi']['ch - Aliens Don'T Smoke 150 7:20 w&p Koba Jukubaskas. Germany
6. Far East Ghost - Model 19 152 6:47 w&p Takeomi Matsuura. Japan
7. C.P.C - Save Your Souls 152 8:06 w&p Vladislav Radostavin. Russia
8. T.A.S. - Cubes 154 7:39 w&p Jonas Hellqvist. Sweden
9. Neo Vox - The Arsonist 153 7:56 w&p Felipe Gomes Pereira. Brazil
10. Sectio Aurea - Snake Club 156 9:12 w&p Faverio Christian, Marina Sostaric. Switzerland

Released: 2007
Genre: Electronic
Style: Psy-Trance
Credits: Artwork By - Sharyn Ashley
Compiled By - FungusOK
Mastered By - Tim Schuldt

Notes: BPM List:

1.) 145bpm
2.) 150bpm
3.) 152bpm
4.) 152bpm
5.) 150bpm
6.) 152bpm
7.) 152bpm
8.) 154bpm
9.) 153bpm
10.)156bpm

1. Fungus Funk - Let's Rock! 145
Old good Fungus Funk with strong and powerful track, much more interesting than his late works. No cheese basses, no "supadupa" melodies, only funny and talented latenight/before morning psytrance with some Tasty Twist. One of the best works of Sergey IMHO, but of cource not like Duck The Mechwarrior masterpiece. Keep diggin', Serega!
Reminds me a little bit of Zolod's (R.I.P), direction.
8/10

2. Hishiryo vs Gidra - Sickpeople 150
Fast and trippy track, but not to much trippy for being 1st class expirience. Anotherone so-called "darktrance", another one Robo VAmpires attacking the dancefloor, another one higher BPM work with Japanese direction. Didn't really enjoy this track, but second minute is pretty nice. Nothing interesting, still works fine on the parties
4/10

3. Olien - Infinitek 152
Psychedelic intro with acidrops and then strong kick-O-bass enters. This track is much more interesting than SickPeople, killer work. I enjoyed a lot
Strong Twisted Night Music what I call it DARKTRANCE. Evil Goa kick is the best!
9/10

4. Zerohour - Progression To Agression 152
Bulgarian trance. That's interesting maybe because it unexpirienced for me. Didn't really loved this track, but it's strong. Dynamic, crazy and pure energy of phreaking out the dancefloor. "Triol" bassline is always +1 for me, so it gets 8 of 10. Good jumping kick work.
8/10

5. wi']['ch - Aliens Don'T Smoke 150
Well, let's see that this evilmind child that think that he is WitchMaster bring us here.
Not bad at all, but nothing new. Bassline suck as structure, but rocks as sound. I really didnt find nothing interesting in this track, except GOOD NIGHT atmosphere and nice effects on the end of second minute.... "Heard it before" feeling )))))))))))))
5/10

6. Far East Ghost - Model 19 152
That's serious. Serious, serious killargh intro and killargh track! Short and genius track, that's simply amazing! WOW, mr. Takeomi Matsuura. You got TALENT! On repeat, real stuff!
10+/10

7. C.P.C - Save Your Souls 152
Vlad at his worst, but track is great. I dunno why but it sound like Tryambaka parody. Trippy track for night time/before morning. Nothing more. CPC can do much more.....
7/10

8. T.A.S. - Cubes
Very interesting track. Darktrance, nothing more, nothing less. Terrorism + Witchcraft
10/10

9. Neo Vox - The Arsonist
That's music I like. Hardcore kick, experiments and no cheese and fun. Second kick fits perfect after killing by distorted one. Great Brazilian track, gonna play it often. Respect!
10/10

10. Sectio Aurea - Snake Club
WOOOOOOOOOW! New Cryptic Crunch. KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILAAAAAAAARGH!
10+/10

Overall: Great for nighttime DJ's, not interesting for collection, good for driving.

FAVS: 10(!!!), 6(!!!), 9(!!), 3(!!), 8(!)

KEEP!

Sea>Israel>Ben-Gurion>Tel-Aviv>Ramat-Goa>Marom Neve
is this pure reality could we be led?
25500 NIS for 1 hour DJ set
30500 NIS for 45-50 minutes of Live~
faxinadu
Faxi Nadu / Elmooht

Started Topics :  282
Posted : Oct 16, 2007 01:23
got my copies in the mail the other day, thanks a lot! will review soon, good reviews so far indeed, looking forward to give it a good listen.           
The Way Back
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/album/the-way-back
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Keep The Faith (Triplag Records) TRPLGCD01 Sept. 2007

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance