Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Globalize - compiled by Yotopia (Flow Records, December 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA - Globalize - compiled by Yotopia (Flow Records, December 2005)

guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Jan 3, 2006 12:21
Hi All !

A brand new compilation, it called "Globalize". This compilation compiled by Yotopia (Tomer Dayan & Yontan Rimon), just few months after they released their debut album ("Point Blank") also on Flow-Records.
"Globalize" present 9 down-tempo progressive tracks which selected carefully by the groove masters.

1. Yotopia - bubbles 128 BPM
Yoni and Tomer decided start this comp. with their new tune - Bubbles. This one is more like Yotopia last releases - good groove, fat kick and slow baseline. Bubbles can be used an excellent building for 135 BPM progressive set because it has the secret formula - how to make you move your body without ask it. Also some nice relaxing melodi is playing in the middle.

2. Flash Brothers-past will be future (D-Nox & Beckers remix) 130 BPM
I must say that every tune by this project give me happy feeling because they have something fun and positive on their materials. This remix combine some nice vocals, good flow and cool melodies together.
When you listen to this tune, you can easily move the head with big smile on the face.

3. Ace Ventura - go with da flow 130 BPM
Now we get to the sweetest suprise of 2005 (on the progressive genre) - Yoni Oshrat. After few years of producing a full-on music, Yoni decided to do some changes and start to produce amazing progressive music under the name "Ace Ventura". Here he prove again why his music is so good and lovely - perfect sound work, excellent building and of course...groove, groove ans more groove . The last brake is so pumping and danceable that even on 130 BPM people can get crazy on. Great work Yoni and keep it up (can't wait for the album).

4. B.L.T & Morax - implant (Perfect Stranger rmx) 135 BPM
The stranger, Yuli Fershtat, decided he want to re-mix his own tune (together with Morax) and he did it so good. I just love the way Yuli get in his powerful kick and make everyone jump higher and higher. Yuli is very experienced so he know what the crowd want and he give it to them

5. Liquid Soul - transmission 135 BPM
This is another new artist (for me) which discovered just on 2005. Capo's music attracted me immediately. Here he just keep the high level and show me he can groove the dance floor also on 135 BPM. This track is the best on this compilation (IMHO)...special atmosphere all over together with crazy effects ( really like the up-down on 06:25) and of course delightful melodies.

6. Ryan Halifax - opposites 130 BPM
This tune is different a bit from the last tracks, European progressive style which focus on the progress side. It is very easy and comfortable for connect to...this what I called "pure progressive" - way to go Ryan Halifax !

7. Antix - tame the Beast 130 BPM
Antix style is so unique and special so from the first kick I recognized his line. This tune is more for bars & beaches and less for parties, almost no brakes just slow and safe flow. All you need to do is listen and enjoy from well-build progressive track. The first brake start on 04:00 and here Antix show some emotions with an intersting melodi, after one minute and 30 seconds the slow baseline back but now with more "noise" .

8. Spanner - pagan pulse 130 BPM
Spanner isn't waste even one second and kicked from the first second . "Pagan Pulse" is accompanied by vocals all over the track and very nice effects. I see it more clubby. Anyway, this artist need to get a compliments for his variation here.

9. Gaudium - sonic substance 134 BPM
Another project which released his debut album (Nordic Nature) on 2005. Now they get the honor to close this wonderfull compilation and they do their job respectly. It kind of the tunes you must flow with for discover the story behind...this project has some psychedelic elements on his materials and thats what make it so intersting and mysterious.

This compilation is a MUST on every cd-player around the world !!!
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/flr/flr1cd116.html
kikola
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Jan 3, 2006 15:27
Very very nice compilation. When listening to the 2nd track I get goosebumps.. and liquid soul's track has one of the finest melodies I've heard latelly:) ,and also the stabs drive you crazy . I played it for new years eve and it rocked the dancefloor!
I want more compilations like this , thank you flow records ! and way to go yotopia !           @Iono_Music
http://www.ionomusic.com/
Iono_Music_Shop
http://www.ionomusic.com/shop
www.ouim.net/djs/kikola
Jingabé
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Jan 3, 2006 17:32
Flash Brothers remixed by D-Nox & Beckers and Antix's tracks are two real gems. A special mention also to Ace Ventura and Spanner.

Way to go Flow...
Now I'll be waiting for the vinyl release of Tame the Beast with a rmx by Andre Absolut.
olivier
Side-A

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jan 3, 2006 17:37
yotopia's track is very nice, good sound and nice flow, more of this style please guys!
..::PsySacred::..
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jan 3, 2006 18:14
a good proggy compilation with briliant artist ...im agree with you guy..a sweetest suprise for proggressive scene here yoni oshrat aka ace ventura..very very very nice track and its my highlight here...more psy tunes u can find in ace ventura's track..very nice work Yoni...also nice track from liquid soul..i like it too
short and enough review by Guy thnx man:P
my fav are : 1,2,3(!!!),5(!!),7,8
rumble pack / motion drive
Rumble Pack

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Jan 5, 2006 16:03
got this cd since a wile...and now i can say its a very nice one

i see it more as good cd for home listening or sunday after noon dancing in the sun, but you'll have a hell of a sunday afternoon with it...hehe

it starts slowly with the yotopia guys in their typical fat and groovy style...but much slower then the stuff from their album. But i like it...
the next highlight is for shure the ace venutra track....i really start to love his tunes..
antix and spanner delivering aswell very cool tracks...

so all in all..a very pleasant cd...
way to go tomer and yoni!!...all the best to you guys...

cheers           www.myspace.com/motiondrive
http://www.myspace.com/rumblepacknaturalflowmotiondrive
Bes
Tribalistic Society

Started Topics :  64
Posted : Jan 5, 2006 21:00
Very nice cd but as rumble points out its more of a sunday homelistening thing for me. Favorite track for me is the antix and rob salmon....really nice melody and groove. Havnt tested it on a dancefloor yet but im sure it'll work well           Man is the Cruelest Animal!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/tribalisticsociety
http://soundcloud.com/tribalisticsociety
http://www.myspace.com/120bpms
Tox-pix
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jan 9, 2006 12:01
Great proggy-compilation!
Without a doubt one of the better ones of 2005...

Giving personal favourites is a hard thing to do because nearly all tracks range from good to great!

Tracks that instantly stood out for me were:
-Flash Brothers-past will be future (D-Nox & Beckers remix)
-Ryan Halifax - opposites
-Liquid Soul - transmission

But I was also pleasantly surprised by Ace Ventura & the Perfect Stranger-RMX

One last remark: PLEASE stop putting Gaudium at the end of compilations. Their Album was one of my absolute fav's of 2005 but I don't always get to the end of a cd...

All tracks have a good flow (du-uh ) & build-up enough tension to deserve the listener's attention. I'm not a dj, but this is great pumping stuff for at home. & I'm sure dj's like Peter Dijital or Bim could do some serious damage with this collection too..
So this one is highly recommended for the start of 2006 aswell
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jan 9, 2006 22:34
Great compilation. The only track I didn't really like was the Ryan Halifax one. It's the combination of the rhythm and the synths in this track that doesn't do it for me. Yotopia deliver one of their best tracks ever in my opinion, and the remix of the Flash Brothers track also stands out. Ace Ventura and Spammer pleasantly suprise with some good grooves and Liquid Soul and Antix deliver quality as always. The Gaudium track is nothing really special, just a solid groove to end this compilation in a nice way and the Perfect Stranger Remix of the BLT track was also pretty standard stuff, but good nonetheless. Summary: Great compilation minus one track IMO and severely reccommendable.
          "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Paladin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jan 10, 2006 16:51
Yotopia here prove they can do VERY deep, AND do it in the highest quality. Again the Liquid Soul(can this guy do no wrong?!!!) track stands out from the crowd as does the Gaudium track.

Lush Deepness!!!

If you point your cart North,
when you want to go South,
How will you find The Way?
----Ryokan----
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Jan 13, 2006 12:51
as a 136+ lover i've been getting warnings about it's low bpm . still, i found this compilation quite interesting thanks to tracks such as Yotopia, Ace Ventura, Ryan Halifax and Liquid Soul .
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Jan 14, 2006 15:47
Very nice compilation indeed. Mr Ventura, BLT & Morax, Liquid Soul's and Spanner's tracks are the real gems here. All the rest are quite good as well besides the Antix and Ryan Halifax tunes that i don't like at all.
          Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Shawnodese
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  141
Posted : Jan 14, 2006 19:46
Sweet 2 c Tomer and Yoni are on top of things once more.....sundayafternoon sunshine groovin' at it's best...not my favourite cookie but with some cocktails shakin' booty with da ladies on a dancefloor on a good party or specially a 3-day festival....this stuff has got it's magic for sure being played by a proper dj @ the right moment. Congrats with this release amigos.....keep 'm comin' !           Mind Funk Records
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
www.myspace.com/shawnodese
www.myspace.com/mindfunkmusic
Banel
Behind Blue Eyes

Started Topics :  96
Posted : Jan 14, 2006 21:19
Quote:

On 2006-01-14 19:46, Shawnodese wrote:
Sweet 2 c Tomer and Yoni are on top of things once more.....sundayafternoon sunshine groovin' at it's best...not my favourite cookie but with some cocktails shakin' booty with da ladies on a dancefloor on a good party or specially a 3-day festival....this stuff has got it's magic for sure being played by a proper dj @ the right moment. Congrats with this release amigos.....keep 'm comin' !

Hey Gosse, give it up, you are getting soft on your old days...

Good comp Btw!!! Thumbs up           www.myspace.com/michaelbanel
kristyandmoe

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jan 15, 2006 02:08
Really enjoying this compilation. Thought the Antix track was great but hanging to hear the Andre Absolut remix.

In fact im pretty sure every track on here has a cue point loaded so i must like the whole thing.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Globalize - compiled by Yotopia (Flow Records, December 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance