Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Future Sound Masters (T.I.P World Records) 2006 - CD

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA - Future Sound Masters (T.I.P World Records) 2006 - CD

YAT (vxzp violation)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Jan 8, 2006 21:29
Hey everybody, note that this is the first review i have ever written!
notify me if i have broken any rules.

VA - Future Sound Masters
T.I.P New World Records - January - 2006
Tracklist:

1. Hujaboy - Psychedelic Baby (7:28)
2. Man with No Name - Dirty Trick (7:23)
3. Man with No Name - String Theory (8:13)
4. D-Nox - Switch (Bulletproof rmx) (8:39)
5. Biotonic - Mexicosed Brains (8:32)
6. Biotonic - Science Mythology (7:46)
7. Sandman - Holy Flip (7:06)
8. Sandman - Night Tripper (7:55)
9. Terraformers & Illegal Machine - Dragon Dance (9:46)

Okay, so... this cd was an opening, for me at least, to the new 2006 year... and i must say it was a very nice opening. tip world delivers the expected melodic full-on, but yet, with a hypnoting touch of deep-psychedelia which has really surprised me this time.

1. Hujaboy - Psychedelic Baby , this is a very psychedelic full-on track although i think that tip world made a mistake here, by putting it first on the list. The sound here is very charming, the building is a bit monotonic but this is (in my opinion) hujaboy's style.

2. I was very surprised to see 2 of martin freeland tracks here... the first one Dirty Trick is the better one in my opinion. very very clean work as typical of MWNN, sound is clear yet harsh, driving and psychedelic... finishing with a semi-goatic melody. this is one of the best tracks in this compilation.

3. The second track by MWNN, is called "String Theory", way more typical of Martin, this tracks sound very much like his style, you have the clean work here as well.
don't get me wrong, im sure this track will be a dancefloor-killer just like the previous one, only that in home-listen i like it less... nice to hear MWNN again anyways.

4. A Bulletproof rmx for "Switch" by D-Nox.
this is the best remix for this track i've ever heard. (and theres many). turning it from progressive into psychotic full-on using the samples very wisely and interesting.
excellent work.

5. Biotonic's style is a bit different than the style that was played until now, and this turn was very needed.
Mexicosed Brains is extremely groovy! very nice sounds and effects all along the track and funny samples! i simply love the melodic touch this track gains along the way .."mexicoooooooo.....".. fascinating track! very good work by biotonic.

6. Science mythology is not as fascinating as the previous one by biotonic but it delivers the goods, it lacks a story, but who cares?
it's a fun track as well as a floorkiller.

7. finally! 2 new tracks from sandman! i was extremely happy to see that sandman released new tracks on this compilation and made me anticipate for a new album! Sandman - Holy Flip is definately the best track in this compilation, by far. and im saying by far not because the rest is not good enough, it's because this one really is FANTASTIC!
the sound is crystal clear, excellent work and you can tell itzik spent a lot of time getting to it! the track is full-on yet combining hypnotic fx's and melodic sounds that only makes me want to repeat this one over and over again!
as i said, the best track of this compilation, by far.

8. Like MWNN and Biotonic, Here too... the second track by sandman is not as good as the first one, yet, i am very happy with this one as well!
it is a bit lighter, more of a morning track, beautiful melodies all along the way, ending with a line that brings me back to the past a little bit.

9. the ending track "Terraformers & Illegal Machine - Dragon Dance" is a collaboration of two artists i have never head of before.
it starts with jibbrish, then kicks in a promising baseline. the baseline keeps smiling, and then suddenly it's pitch changes with no cause, and then again allover the track - i didn't understand this track at all.
a waste of the good Fear & Loathin sample (" he gave me that lsd and they took me to the hotel, i don't know...").

Overall : This is the first compilation i've heard this year, and it features the best trance music i've heard in a long while. while every track here is a blast (except for the last one), sandman makes this cd a gem. incredible work. thank you very much T.I.P World.

Favourites :

2,3,4,5(!),7(!!!!!!!),8(!)

=-YAT-=
          Youth of the Galaxy...

The Time Has Come To Demand Your Freedom!!!

(Doof - Youth of the galaxy, 1996)
Knoxville
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jan 14, 2006 16:07
GREAT review dude!

This Compilation is very powerfull.
really good opening to a new year:)
sandman is back with 2 fresh tracks that sounds blast!!!!!!!!!!

my fav : 4,7(!!!!),8,1

peace!           "There are many elements on a track , sometimes its few , sometimes its many
I LIKE IT ALL."
Weird guy in a pink hat
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jan 15, 2006 22:45
"There is always someone stronger..."

Dont you ever forget this, i think it's to soon to say such harsh things as "best" or "worst" at least for this year, and from the past 2005 it's not the finest compilation at all, the year was filled with very good music from both, new and fresh and old and farmilliar artists.
But again it's all about taste.

P.s
Nice review.           {0_o}-{0_o}-{0_o}-{0_o}-{0_o}-{0_o}-{0_o}-{0_o}-{0_o}-{0_o}-{0_o}-{0_o}-
liquid ross
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Jan 16, 2006 01:09
really like this CD .. two fav that are in my sets are Sandman 'Night Tripper' and ManWithNoName ' String Theory' .. great to see TIP (New) World trying a little more off-the-wall and intelligent trance ..

x           Liquid Records UK
http://www.liquid-records.com
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Jan 16, 2006 07:47
Quote:

On 2006-01-16 01:09, liquid ross wrote:
great to see TIP (New) World trying a little more off-the-wall and intelligent trance ..

really looking forward to the day when we don't have to insert 'a little' into that sentence.. they've got quite a long way to go, though.

..it's just another party..
YAT (vxzp violation)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Jan 16, 2006 18:26
Quote:

On 2006-01-15 22:45, Weird guy in a pink hat wrote:
"There is always someone stronger..."

Dont you ever forget this, i think it's to soon to say such harsh things as "best" or "worst" at least for this year, and from the past 2005 it's not the finest compilation at all, the year was filled with very good music from both, new and fresh and old and farmilliar artists.
But again it's all about taste.

P.s
Nice review.

I haven't said anything about this year
i only said that this compilation features the best trance i've heard in a long while, and this while could have been two weeks, for example. anyways, it's still the best compilation of the current year so far , in my humble opinion.
          Youth of the Galaxy...

The Time Has Come To Demand Your Freedom!!!

(Doof - Youth of the galaxy, 1996)
Ronaron303

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jan 17, 2006 03:24
WOW ,i am totaly with Sandman's - night tripper its a huge hit here !(he is so in the place right now ,glad that he showed up with kind of smashing hit!),

Mwnn - string theory very good .
LoveLikeRain

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jan 25, 2006 20:28
old names for the old skool, keep checking my mail fo it.
sen de man
Sandman

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jan 26, 2006 18:04
a confirmed news >>>
SANDMAN- Holyflip is a SOUNDTRACK of a new movie
"tyed hands" "éãéí ÷ùåøåú"
its in a party scence with gila almagor and tomash ...
along with another unreleased tune SANDMAN-minded ,

soon near your local movie theater
clown
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Jan 27, 2006 08:13
since when did D-nox produce SWITCH???

Did they even fuck that up on the CD itself or was it just on saikosounds???

"VA - REWIRED" OUT NOW !! (techtrance invasion) ---> http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/86303/forum/9
http://psy.techno.fm <------- Jester Records's Internet Radio channel
www.jesterrecords.ca
Misha(Overlap)
Neogen / Overlap

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Jan 27, 2006 12:18
realy liked new Sandman and MWNM tracks!
especialy sandman because i used to be big Fan of his music in Past!           Planet Ben Records
krelm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Jan 27, 2006 16:11
Quote:

On 2006-01-27 08:13, clown wrote:
since when did D-nox produce SWITCH???

Did they even fuck that up on the CD itself or was it just on saikosounds???

They must have fucked it up on the CD. I've seen it listed as being by D-Nox in all of the digital stores as well. Not that it matters anyways - I can't stand the remix.

Anyways, I'm digging the MWNN and Sandman tracks. Sort of full-on-ish, but they do have their own (ie, non-clone) flavor to them.
          -----------------
Dr. Krelm DJ Mixes and Broken Symmetry archives - http://www.krelmatrix.com

Broken Symmetry on MCast - coming in 2007....
CRX(HSS Records)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Jan 28, 2006 03:12
so guys the release is an entry-level or it worths the purhase?

Helicon Sounds Music
www.hssr.gr
psykadu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  74
Posted : Feb 3, 2006 21:12
Man With No Name new tracks are amazing.
paralax

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Feb 4, 2006 15:32
I agree with psykadu and krelm, MWNN and Sandman tracks sounds like professional thing, while the rest of the tracks you won`t remember after 2 minutes. But the CD stands out among most compilations you see around.

My fav 2, 3, 7, 8.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Future Sound Masters (T.I.P World Records) 2006 - CD

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance