Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Va E.S.T First Session - 2004 (DOOF Rec.)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Va E.S.T First Session - 2004 (DOOF Rec.)

PsYkO

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Apr 15, 2004 18:48
01. G-Light - I`ve Just Been Born
*very nice track with vocal,keep going max!!)

02. Vibra - Extraordinair

03. Azax Syndrome - Nightmare
*KILLER!!

04. Nexus - E.D.T.A

05. Mechanix - Made in Moscow
*KILLER!!

06. U-Recken - Ghost Ship

07. Double R.E.L - Finished People
*KILLER!!

08. Entropy - Kopsses Event (Rmx)

09. Wizard Lizard - Psy Joy
* KILLER!! Roi & Guy . exelent work)!

This compilation starts with the soft Russian sound of G-LIGHT just to ³ get you in the right mood and slowly builds up with the compressed sound of VIBRA grooving in the trip. AZAX SYNDROM is taking the lead and rocks the dance floor with his full-on sound. The party is on! Now only NEXUS can do the work tripping the crazy hardcore dancers. Hey here is MECHANIX coming to get the rhythm controlled again and give you the organic vibe. You just think: " what know I don't have any breath no more" when U-RECKEN hits with his deep kick & base to take the party somewhere else, ENTROPY more known as KOPSSES, changed their name but not their style! they Percussion you up and the compilation is more to the groove side again. Here is something for you trippers! DOUBLE R.E.L are coming to flirt around. The WIZARDS are here for sure you'll notice them! up the belly and down to earth there you'll find the LIZARDS groove.
lunafix

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 18, 2004 01:28
well well well another doof candy.
not realy a review, just random thoughts as i listen to my new copy.
1. g light is a little housy with the vocals but i can't say it didn't move me.
2. the vibra track is a darkish atari track very nice.
3. azax- killing as usual (but getting a bit too as usual...)
4. nexus, i love the twisted sounds, great dancefloor acid
5. mechanix- one of his best imo, hard and groovy
6. u-recken- i waited for this one a long time, love the work here, good good
7. double r.e.l- seen them on some top 10s, i think this is the first release and they have a future. fit in right in my case with all the rest of the psychos.
8. entropy- very good remix to this old piece of doof, groovy and psychedelic, great percussion work.
9. wizard lizard- funny track for the acid heads. nice ending to this cool compi

alltogether quite a few new additions to my mix and that says it all.
can't miss with a doof release. keep'em coming boys.

can't wait to put my hands on the second session
Noise Poison Records
Noise Poison Records

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Apr 18, 2004 22:06
yes....
I just know the azax and the double rel, but I have to agree with lunafix, these guys have a future for sure !!!....watch out for next doof compi wich surprised me for sure to see such crackers on it, where you'll find another lovely tune by those two crazy israliens !!!....at least I am happy to catch one goodie of them for my compi as well, so watch out.........keep on this skilled work, and we'll have the pleasure to taste more of you in the future !

I am biased with Azax's work, so no doubt, this goodie again a smacker for me.....

I just came out, cause it seems there was a noise outside ! .... added to Parvati Records rooster .. check webside !!!
http://www.parvati-records.com
http://www.noise-poison.com
http://www.myspace.com/dj_ilse
breno.cps

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Apr 19, 2004 16:22
1. really acellerated, didn't like the samples on it but its ok, nice track overall!

2. vibra!! brazilian style!! creates a good atmosphere at the beginning and then the bassline kicks in .... awwwww... good stuff, nicely worked samples!!!! dance dance dance

3. nice fuckin work right here. it burns everything up.. watcha out for your brains or otherwise azax syndrome will burn it all away..

4. nexus comes up again with a nice track, really dancing music. i loved it

5. i do not know mechanix very well, but this is their first dark track i've ever heard. i love the name they gave, russia just fuckin kills when you talk about dark trance. good track !

6. U-Recken got me shakin, nice samples, trippy sounds but that continuos kick on the very back does not please me at all.

7. double REL brings his sound with almost the same kick, but i really enjoyed this track it made me shake. soo hypnotic

8. i really enjoy it's style, remembers me of paranoic sensations!!!!! trippy trippy trippy... you tripaS

9. awwwww it feels like a needle being sticked into my ear!!!!! lol... again, really dancing stuff!! nice track to finish it up.

8/10

we're having nice dark comps lately!!
good for us huh? but i feel we are driving into emptyness and a lot of stuff lacks spirit...

peace
Dj Edell
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Apr 21, 2004 01:05
not realy like this compilation but mechanix's track is realy breaking the dancefloor (Atom Bomb)

anyway , good luck to Doof with this compilation

edell
Dj / PR / Booking
======================
www.magmarecords.it
www.party-people.me
eben

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Apr 29, 2004 11:53
finally got my hands on these two new compilations from doof and i'll start with the first session.
the compilation starts with a somwhat "commercial" track by g light.
this track even has a diva singing from time to time and a bit of a housy touch but it fucking works! i like dark musick and i don't think i would play this track in a set but i find that it really makes me dane. it's definitly more psychedelic than other g-light stuff and i'm sure some are going to consider it one of the highlights of this comp. 4/5
Vibra comes second with a more darkish track, that reminds me more of his earlier work (which i like better than the new fluffier stuff he is making now). it has a good rithme and nice use of atari shooting that gets you all uplifted. 4.5/5
azax is here with one of his best tracks released. just listen to the sample on psyshop to understand... the driver riff that comes after the break is a hole digger. 5/5
no. 4 is from nexus. i really like this new style thats coming up. for me this is morning music. hard driving psychedelic that makes you smile as you rock. 5/5 (his track on the second sesion is even better)
mechanix is here with one of his best tracks, pumping, pushing beats and crashes and an overall good drive throughout the track. good work. 4.5/5
u-recken gives us a pumping baseline with carpets of soul sound tht make you all emotional. very good sound work and sample use. great track. 4.5/5
its number 7 with double R.E.L, as mentioned allready these guys are speciall. taking psychotic micro to another phase, more psychedelic, more friendly. again this is my morning music. twisted smiling stuff. love it. 5/5
number 8 is one of my favorites, kopsses are here with a real acid more minimal thing with lots of groov and tribal touch. 5/5
last track from wizard lizard (cool name) is a funny one. less dance floor for me but interesting and definitly psychedelic. 4/5

i think its obvious that i liked this compilation allot. again doof shows that even when they try to reach a wider crowd they are loyal to their regulars (thats me...) and don't dissapoint with cheesy commercial stuff.
allways new sounds and styles, allways new unteresting artists to look forward to and allways new additions to my dj case.
boom boom to the doof crew.

and the cover is excelent!!

coming soon: my review on the second session which is overall darker and even more to my likings.
lunafix

Started Topics :  1
Posted : May 12, 2004 13:03
another good review eben, i like your taste.
keep on.
psyciks
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : May 12, 2004 13:38
nice compilation from Doof records fvr tracks
azax syndrom,nexus and vibra keep up the psychedelic spirit
Doof Records
Doof Records

Started Topics :  36
Posted : May 13, 2004 12:09
Thank you for your kind words and appreciations, and especially thank you Eben for a beautiful review.
Indeed we made these 2 compilations a bit more "friendly" to the crowd, but still it's got the Doof's music style and touch all the way.
Prepare yourselves to our upcoming release. Those who are faithful to our style will adore this one for sure.
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : May 15, 2004 15:19
I really can't connect to this music, sorry. Not my cup of tea. But there are 2 tracks which really caught my ear - G-Light (which I really liked actually) and U-Recken.

edit ------- forgot to mention the amazing cover
rastamanito

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 17, 2004 15:12
i was waiting for some doof stuff since the festival.
ohh those good memories flood me when i listen to this music...
entropy track is a smasher, my favorite one.
when are they coming to holland these guys? i enjoyed their live set so much.
loov the doof
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : May 17, 2004 18:24
this review by my mate KRI www.touchsamadhi.com

Electric Shock Treatment [First Session]
DOOFCD12 DOOF

1. G-Light / I've Just Been Born
This tk starts off with a draggy groove bass-line and stutter girl
sample,
then into some poppy synth rolls. "Im just born" sample kicks the tk
into
higher gear going into a good hard synth stabs! Then it breaks and back
to the groove bass-line with the girl singing swirl with a slight
stutter.
OK so then the vocal gets little housey with a hint of acoustic guitar.
Ends with a morning up lifty felling.
"party starter or day time track"**

2. Vibra / Extraordinair
Good ambient beginning dropping hard in to the rolling bassline with
the high-hat banging and popping synths!! going deep then grinding
synth build into the that bending zapping sounds, breaking into springy
delayed stabs.
going into good percussion and staying deep!! these sounds tend to mix
together and back and forth building harder and harder.
"good deep driving tk"**

3. Azax Syndrom / Nightmare
phantom sample coming in - pumping bass-line, bending zapping sound,
swirling
into the spiral with stuttering synths. Breaking with phaser and sample.
kicking in with a grinding synth keep it on the edge metal spongy synth
keeping it going into a good slow dragging distorted swirling synth that
will lead you into a trance. then sample with bending zapping sound.
popping in with vocal singing bend. then into driving mode with more
bending zapping sounds.
"darkish driving tk"***

4. Nexus / E.D.T.A
grooving straight on with good percussion , glass breaking into the
zapping breakdown. back into it with the grooving pumping bass-line.
psychedelic stabs coming in and out. this tk has a groovy freaky style
to it not to crazy
but not sane - phaser break kicking back in with the slightly freak out
mode.
"groovy freaker"**

5. Mechanix / Made In Moscow
tk starts with distorted brake into 4/4 and 1/16 bassline percussion
keep rollin in , with white noise stabs and metallic sounds staying
erie.
"darkish"*

6. U-Recken / Ghost Ship
good ambient back ground and excellent synth and sample swirls keeping
you
in to the low stomp. Now the trk takes a good deepness about it.
keeping it full and deep, great for a dark sunrise! love the devil and
in and out vocal samples, with good choir synths.
"deep and dark"****

7. Entropy / Kopsses Event (Rmx)
keeping up with the last tk nice and dark techy rolling into good break
percussion and and vocal moans! pump-in right along adding some bending
zapping sounds. dragging grinder synth keeps you locked in!
"deep and dark"****

8. Double R.E.L / Finished People
You can tell this one is going to get wacky from the get go , with
laughing
stutter samples and popping zapping sounds. "cape fear movie sample"
going into kick ass rolling bass with driving grinder synth!!!
swirling lfo benders into a deep scatter twitch, bending zapping sounds
with more cape fear samples over the beat keeping it wackyer! crazy
drums and freak synth lead up the end.
"driving wacky"***

9. Wizard Lizard / Psy Joy
popping bass line and whipping synths stabs, tweaky bird chirping synth
style. and white noise stabs.
"weird and strange"*
          www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
dj a.m.s.

Started Topics :  3
Posted : May 24, 2004 07:45
Name of stutter girl in track nomber 1. Yana Kramich girl freand of g-light Max:)

stutter) lol
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Jun 1, 2004 02:35
E.S.T First Session [Doof]

Tracklist :

1. G-Light – I’ve Just Been Born
2. Vibra – Extraordinair
3. Azax Syndrome – Nightmare
4. Nexus – E.D.T.A
5. Mechanix – Made In Moscow
6. U-Recken – Ghost Ship
7. Double R.E.L – Finished People
8. Entropy – Kopsses Event (remix)
9. Wizard Lizard – Psy Joy

I’ve just been born is the curious mix between a night full on production with a girl singing in a pop or eurodance way, insane mixture on the paper but unexpected successful result.

While listening the 1st minute of Extraodinair(e), i was wondering if it would coming an ambient track as it sounds so calm. Being blocked in an unprobable traffic jam, suddenly , the kick comes out at finally & here we go into pure madness , freaky stomper with , you know this special effect on lead that you make you feel getting always higher & higher.

Nightmare is not the good word to describe this track , it’s not gloomy or tense at all. It’s just an ordinary dark psy production for me.

I skip the Nexus ‘s track, too boring.

Made In Moscow is more kickin without lots of subtilities inside, more dry, rough & shrill.

Ghost Ship from U-Recken, the title says it all. I’d say the track is about one half made of night full on & the other one of dark prog, a very catchy ambience ; sounds really different from the rest of the compilation, furthermore it’s very accessible music unlike to many other stuffs on E.S.T which are plenty dedicated to dark psyfreaks.

Another track i skip : the Double R .E.L.

Kopssses Event (rmx) starts with a fun short bouncy bassline which gets fast furiously more linear some seconds later. Lots of weird sounds complete the scene, especially a klaxon made of rubbed glass that unfortunatly don’t appear enough to my taste. Huge sonic density , too many thing occuring to tell all them, just i’d add there’s a fatal crazzy jumpy-bouncy break, after 4’15 when a guy is shouting, which takes you up to the end of the track, time when you realize you don’t remember where you’re physically situated.

Psy Joy is in the same trend as previous track, in a harsher way abusing with pleasure of throwing up & down fx on lead, definitvely more nervous & irritated.

By order
Must Have :6
Highlights :1,2
Other Favorites :8,9,3,5

If you're a fan of label like Apoxina or artists such as Digital Talk or even Tetraktys, this release is made for you.

7,5/10

Mark(Dalmat)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  47
Posted : Jun 17, 2004 02:52
Azax,Nexus,Double rel rocking stuff!!

keep up doof respect all ur releases/partys!

keep the spirit!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Va E.S.T First Session - 2004 (DOOF Rec.)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance