Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - All Systems Go (Exposure Production, RLS 07/2004)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA - All Systems Go (Exposure Production, RLS 07/2004)

karnaf
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  60
Posted : Jul 21, 2004 13:21
All Systems Go (Exposure Production, RLS 07/2004)
Compiled by DETOX

1. Silicon Sound- Smooth Out
2. Logic Bomb- Mystery Mirror
3. Bamboo Forest- Si Señor
4. Alien Project- Solar System
5. Exaile- Funky
6. Nomad- Albavoce
7. Electric Universe- The Essential
8. The Antidote- Three Days
9. Kinetic- Ultraviolet
10. Talamasca & Yuman- Crescendo

I got this CD about a week ago and hadn’t had the time until now to listen to it while giving it my full attention. Sorry DETOX, I’m a busy guy. I must admit that when I got the CD I looked at the track list and saw that the average BPM is about 144, scary…. It’s about 10 BPMs too fast for me…. Anyway, I gave it its chance and inserted it into my system. I couldn’t listen to it properly, as I’ve said before, but I found myself jumping around the house a few times

Smooth out starts the CD quite smoothly it is a nice aperitif for the CD. Mystery mirror follows with some mysterious nightish sounds and somewhat squeaky effects. Si señor is next and frankly, it sounds familiar, as if I’ve heard it before (have I???). It is nice like many Bamboo Forest tracks, but haven’t we been there already? I was never an Alien Project fan and Solar system is no exception. Lot of power, not too much soul . Exaile quite surprised me with Funky. The name doesn’t fully suit the track, but there are some nice motifs there. Albavoce is powerful, fast, somewhat psychedelic and has some originality in it. The essential makes me dance and has some old goa tunes in it which reminds me a bit of IM. Three Days is ok, it has some background sound I’m used to hear more in proggy tunes and even in house, yet it is a fast trance track. Ultraviolet is nice, powerful and dancy, very catchy. Crescendo is the only track in this CD under 140 BPM which gives it a bonus point even before listening to it. Being a Talamasca track under 140 BPM is even a greater surprise.

All in all, this is a lovely compilation and very nice to have. The tunes are nice and dance floor oriented. It is a little too formulated, it is a little too non-innovative, but it is fun. There are those CDs you love to listen and smile at home and this is one of those. It makes me smile, it makes me happy, it makes me dance. Go and buy this for some happy tunes. DJs can really find a good use for this one.

NB – since this is a Greek compilation, I was hoping to get some more Greek artists in it, but it looks that only Kinetik are.
          Please REMOVE my cellphone number from any SMS spam list you may have. Thanks.

http://www.savetherhino.org
Kimotor

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jul 21, 2004 13:50
i like it !
great compil
and respect for DETOX for buying from expensive artists!

soon full review           soccer, girls, music... the good life
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Jul 21, 2004 15:30
Hey Karnaf thanks for this review

Since you asked for more Greek artists i am in the happy position to announce you that in the next compilation to be released out in September probably two greek artists,Wizzy Noise and Kinetic,will be featured on it,hope that makes you happy

Kimotor thanks for the nice words and waiting to see also your full review since this is very helpful for me in order to understand what people like and dont like.

Oh and since you love front line artists i can tell you that in the next compilation there are already signed tunes from Logic Bomb,Orion and a killer collaboration between Dino Psaras and Deedrah,soon the whole tracklist will be announced and hopefully it will also inlude favorite artists like Space Cat,Bamboo Forest,Alien Project and more
          Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Mitra
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Jul 21, 2004 18:35
hmmm this seems interesting ... ill be waiting to hear about this exposure production i think will be one of the top !! records labels!

nice selection for this mr detox ill be waiting for it
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Jul 21, 2004 19:44
waiting to hear it as well too bad the mail system doesnt like me Detox

i'm specifically interested in the nomad track, as well as silicon sound and logic bomb.          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
D.vision
Freedom Fighters

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Jul 21, 2004 21:46
its a good compilation indeed
nice one detox

my preferences go to the master piece smooth out
and also alien project with a music quality that u cant find in his album
good luck on the next one also
keep it groovy hehehe           http://www.utopia-records.com
http://www.myspace.com/freedomfightersmusic
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Jul 21, 2004 23:39
http://www.isratrance.com/www/reviews/show_review_details.php?show=672

mine
DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Jul 22, 2004 21:52
V/A – All Systems Go

Cover: http://217.160.138.169/pic_b/exp1cd001_b.jpg

Format: CD
Artist: Various
Title: All Systems Go
Label: Exposure Productions, Greece
Distribution: Zillion Mental Anarchie
Cat. #: EXPOCD 001
Year: 2004

Track listing:

01. 08’28” Silicon Sound – Smooth Out
02. 07’52” Logic Bomb – Mystery Mirror
03. 08’42” Bamboo Forest – Si Senor
04. 06’16” Alien Project – Solar System
05. 07’00” Exaile - Funky
06. 07’24” Nomad - Albavoce
07. 08’32” Electric Universe – The Essential
08. 06’46” The Antidote – Three Days
09. 07’09” Kinetic - Ultraviolet
10. 07’32” Talamasca And Yuman - Crescendo

Review:

Yikes!

When was the last time you saw that many big, well-respected names on a labels debut-release? The first look at the track-list had me rubbing my eyes an extra time… I must say that I’m impressed with Detox’ work here – he compiled the whole thing, and I’m sure it hasn’t been a walk in the park getting all those big names to appear on the compilation…

With mastering by Volker König of Ololiuque fame, the basis for a fine compilation should be laid down…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: [140 bpm] First up is Silicon Sound…Johannes Reigner gained a fan in me with his very impressive debut album “Pure Analog” released last year on Moon Spirits… This track fulfils my high expectations… Sweet, well-polished, harmonic, organic track with well-fitting samples… Floating melodies and analogue basslines… This is the kind of uplifting French full-on that I will never get tired of – come on Johannes – release another album already!… Sweet track!

#02: [145 bpm] Next up is the highly acclaimed Swedish Ørebro duo Logic Bomb… Johan & Jonas delivers a somewhat darker, more pounding night-track – with the wonderful sound of the late nineties… Rolling acid lines, twisted ‘metallic’ percussion and wicked melodies – and they multi-layered, trance-inducing sound I first fell in love with… Yummy! Fine track!

#03: [145 bpm] Then we have Paris-based act Bamboo Forrest (Stephane Dureisseix & Yann Henaff) – famous for their sought-after album “Random Future” which was only released as a promo on Flying Rhino before that label went under… Bamboo Forest has always had a special ‘ethno-tribal’ approach to psy-trance which can best be described as… ehhm… ethno-tribal! ...And this track is no exception… It starts out slow with ethnic vocals and slowly building percussion – and soon the whole spectre of sound is open and we’re treated to a funky, full-on night tune… Complete with weird multi-language samples [including old Entish!], nifty little melodies and heaps and heaps of psychedelic mayhem… Damn, this is the shiznit! Brilliant!

#04: [145 bpm] Next up is a track from Israeli Mr. Ari Linker… And everyone has an opinion about Alien Project – he’s been bashed for being over-productive, for releasing on TIP World and for using samples of other peoples stuff in his tracks… I kinda liked Aztechno Dream, but besides from that I’ve deliberately tried to stay clear of his stuff – and this track is a good example of why… Instant cheddar-alarm! I wouldn’t go as far as dubbing this copy/paste-GMS-clone trance, but it’s pretty damn close… The power presented in this track IS impressive – and yes, it WILL fill any trance-floor… And yes, it IS highly melodic… All those things are true - It’s just not very original … This kind of track been done so many times before over the last couple of years… Move on already! Average track!

#05: [145 bpm] Second Israeli act featured here is Exaile… Although I’m not a big fan of Skazi-trance, I appreciated Exaile’s tracks on the compilations Monarchie IV and Doppler FX… This is a very industrial-sounding darkish night-track… The melodies are hidden in between some hard-hitting acid-guitar tweaking and a severely dark bassline… It’s definitely full-on – extreme full-on at places… Oh and except for random tribal bits there is nothing funky about this track! Decent track!

#06: [144 bpm] We’re back in France with DJ Maël aka Nomad… I like some of his older stuff, but it’s been a while since I’ve heard anything from him… A weak intro is soon replaced by a hardcore bassline and some spacey synth-action… Apocalyptic singing and some dude’s creepy voice muttering adds to the dark, brutal atmosphere this track has… Later on we even get a touch of violin and some seriously demented melody… I like the way Farid plays around with constant changes in style, direction and pitch… Also the cool stereo-FX are impressive… Brutal, but nice track!

#07: [145 bpm] Ahh, Boris Blenn – the German godfather of Goa… The track starts out with an oddball, yet melodic intro that incorporates some of the very familiar old-school goa effects… The track has both minimal and tribal parts… But also psychedelic acid parts with flying saucer-like samples that will take you straight back to 1997… Very nice variation … I’m telling you, this track rules – it IS The Essential!

#08: [143 bpm] Next up is Serge with a track straight from his Ibiza-studio… Very trippy, promising intro, but the track itself seems strangely out of place… Compared to its predecessors its more on the progressive/housier side of the trance spectre – stripped down with fewer layers… But hey, this compilation has already shifted direction a couple of times, so I guess it’s not THAT much out of place… And, the track isn’t half bad… It’s just not great either! And what’s up with the track fading in the end!? Highly unusual!

#09: [142 bpm] Kinetic was the only artist on this compilation I had no preceding knowledge of… But as the label is Greek, I’m guessing the bigger names are giving a local act a piggy-bag ride into stardom… This is a full-on morning track – fuelled by uplifting melodies and driving, powerful riffs… Seasoned with the sporadic appearance of a hard-hitting bassline… Anything is possible – and this is a very danceable tune! Well done Kinetic!

#10: [138 bpm] We’re back in France, where Cedric gets some help from his friend Yuman on this last, slightly slower track…It’s typical Talamasca minus 10 bpm – which makes this quite groovy with a tribal touch… I dig the familiar, trippy, moaning voice-samples … Ok track!

Pheew, what an impressive debut for Exposure Productions… We’re treated to A LOT of fine tracks here – ranging from old school, multi-layered melodic mayhem to deep, highly atmospheric moderne psy-trance… And everything in between! With a few exceptions, all tracks can be played both at home and on the trance-floors – and I’d recommend this compilation to anyone interested in well-produced psy-trance 2004-style…

I’m already looking forward to the next compilation which will feature tracks by Astral Projection, Deedrah, Alien Project, Synthetic, Orion, Space Cat, Wizzy Noise, Logic Bomb and more… Sounds promising! Big up to Exposure and Detox for putting out such a top-class compilation!

8/10

Favourites: 1, 2, 3 (!), 6, 7 (!), 9

DeathPosture

External links:
Exposure Productions: http://www.exposure-productions.net (Under construction!)
Psyshop: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/exp/exp1cd001.html (Audio samples available!)
Saiko Sounds: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4135
Chaos Unlimited: http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.asp?LR=EXPOCD01
Trance-shop: http://www.trance-shop.com/de/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3823

On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Jul 23, 2004 04:02
Yo Detox , u compilaed very good compilation man !
I must say that this comp. is not just "names comp." , I mean compilation with big names of artists but the music is not something special.
My favorites are :

2 - I really love Logic style and this one is one of the best by them.

3 - Master peace by Bamboo Forest..one of the best from this comp.

4 - For me it is the best track on the comp ! I didnt like Ari's album , but this track really impressive !

7 - I dont know much about this project , but this tune is really good one. Pumping bass line and great atmosphere !

Good luck Exposure Production ! this compilation is very good , I hope to hear more compilations & albums like this.
baba

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 23, 2004 17:18
DETOX is the man
Nice compilation
worth buying...

BOOM
djmeghan
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Jul 23, 2004 20:54
Excellent CD!!! My favorites are 2,3,6,8.
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Jul 27, 2004 18:54
Thanks for the nice comments guys.

By the way Guy Cohen how come you dont know about Electric Universe project mate?Boris Blen is one of the oldest and most respected artists in the scene with more than 12 personal albums in his career.You should check him out mate           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Sep 2, 2004 15:11
Did anyone liked the artwork by the way?

I am preparing the artwork for the next compilation now (not me ofcourse but the designer lol) and i would like to know what you think about it.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Dot Kite
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Sep 2, 2004 15:35
Dear Detox,
First of all, I would like to wish you good luck with your own label!
About the artwork? Well, i can't hide you that I did not really like it! I find it too cheesy! You know, those three dimensional mirrored graphics are used for a lot of years now! Nothing new from a NEW label!

I m an Industrial Designer and i have enough experience in the Design and Graphic world!
I think that time came for a change! Re-Imagine the CD artworks!
What i also found not good of the artwork was that being the debut release of Exposure Productions the Front Cover should show the Corporate Identity of your LABEL!There was No Logo! No Text! This is a wrong marketing and promotional strategy !

Ofcourse the quality of the graphics was ok! But I still have the feeling that Psy-Labels as yours, should shift to more design oriented CD artworks!

Please take my comments as a constructive advice! And please feel free to PM me if you want that i explain you better and deeper my thoughts about CD artworks!

My best wishes once again for your label
fullom
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Sep 3, 2004 00:35
Not sure why that Kenetic track was put in-it really was filler. A very mediocre compilation IMO.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - All Systems Go (Exposure Production, RLS 07/2004)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance