Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum  Forum  Music Reviews - VA -1001 nights (Disco Valley Records - Goa India)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA -1001 nights (Disco Valley Records - Goa India)

parario

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Oct 27, 2007 12:38
VA -1001 nights (Disco Valley Records - Goa India)

Teo Strikes back again with a great selection from his powerfull installment tested successfully around Mama Earth. Carefully Selected tunes for a deep massive trip into the world of "undiscovered"....Fasten Your Seatbelt and enjoy.......

Operators:
1.DOUBLE TROUBLE - 1001 nights 8/10
2.NASHA - pulsha deep 9/10
3.FRAKTAL NOISE - sorojochi 8/10
4.INNERSOUND - jetlag 9/10
5.STEREOGRAPHIC Vs SILENT HORROR - dream 8/10
6.STRANGER - ti ora ine? 9/10
7.BASH - confined 8/10
8.CLAW Vs SILENT HORROR - amityville revisted 9/10
9.DARK ELFAKI - exxxotic liquid 8/10

Let s Start

1.DOUBLE TROUBLE - 1001 nights 8/10

A wisely composed intro by the known suspects of Athens,which is followed by a heavy kick and bassline which starts the tale of 1001 nights,while tribal rythms following the acid elements getting deeper and deeper...Big Suprise comes to the listener as the break comes around carrying the message of "1001 night" which u ll remember for long time...Nice one guys waiting for more..

2.NASHA - pulsha deep 8/10

First appearence of the french muse...Great bassline and well attached synthlines and atmospheres make clear what gonna follow.A killer tool for all dancefloors around....Great to see girls experimenting with sound..Surely exist more for the sure!!!!!!

3.FRAKTAL NOISE - sorojochi 7/10

Next strike comes from Ibiza Island..No need for introduction, electricity and power reside in this track, deep bassline starts up and a trippy situation smells around.....Distorted leads and forest atmospheres attacks the listener to ensure the destination of the path...

4.INNERSOUND - jetlag 9/10

Here it comes our friend Stayros from creta with his unique touch of magic...Carefully driven deep night tune with a deep solid bassline and industrial atmoshperes...Great deep mood all around as it gets higher and higher..A pure Jetlag..............Very nice one keep it up!!!

5.STEREOGRAPHIC VS SILENT HORROR - dream 7/10

The end of the days comes as it seems....So well prepared, this heavily delivered anthem unleash more n more power as the time pass with creepy atmoshperes and acid elements,....Another interantlantic collaboration.....Nice!!!

6.STRANGER - ti ora ine? 8/10

One of the power of North Greece show one of his mental blasting tunes...Nice bassline and kick is driven by groovy drum rythms....Intelligent breaks makes the drive more serious keeping u occupied till the end..Great Quality and adjustment...

7.BASH - confined 8/10

Bash the new comer from Brazil....Trully Spooky Forest tune inspired by weird video game sound....Trashed rubbers define to the listener that is all abt a massive holocaust...Well Tested tune into the Brazlian Territory is being unleashed worldwide n driving u in the bottom of your consciousness....No mercy.....

8.CLAW VS SILENT HORROR - amityville revisted 9/10

A Great collaboration between two dark friendly minds master claw and silent horror strickes back...Swirlling introduction is followed by well contsructed and arranged drum rythms and acid ...As the trak goes on more and more getting into the point of the story.....One of the best trax in the VA.....

9.DARK ELFAKI - exxxotic liquid 8/10

Dimitry strickes back with one of his morning creations....Hypnotic melodies surround the whole concept of this tune as it is rolling....Excellent trak for deep sunrise moments and for closing this magic VA.....

P.S

Very well selected musique into a excellent package comes with an superb artwork.....Congratulations to all participants and people who helped to this become true!!!!

Hope u enjoyed the as we did!!!

Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Oct 28, 2007 04:02
Dont agree with the review... Anyways...

Fraktal Noise(!!), Claw Silent Horror(!!), StereoHorror & Bash are the best tracks on the CD for sure... dont like the rest...

Hope CD 08 is a killer

Goodluck to DVR
ShroomPicker

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Oct 28, 2007 12:54
Killer album, expect teo to deliver everytime !! Nice..
Black Cat
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Oct 28, 2007 13:57
Nice very nice review Mariako!!

Thanks!!!

Bom Bom           http://www.myspace.com/discovalleyrecordsgoa
DVRcd001Nocturne*DVRcd002AcidMutants
DVRcd003PsychoCell*DVRcd004HastaLasPastillas*DVRcd005Dark Side of GOA
DVRcd006CHApoRAS Tribal Dance*DVRcd007 1001 Nights*DVRcd008 Triton OUT!
freakshow

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Oct 31, 2007 16:55
disco valley has done it again....
the best compilation of the year so far....been listening to it since i got it....
love the way it sets the mood for a night session....

fav tracks -
inner sound, dark elfaki, fraktal noise, claw vs silent horror......

disco valley rocks!!!!!           spirits of the plants
Black Cat
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 1, 2007 13:08
Thanks to everybody for the patience and the feedbacks for this release of Discovalley records!

a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Nov 1, 2007 16:35
What can I say about this release? Probably one of the best of this year. Counting with 7 releases Discovalley is an established label that delivers good, solid and quality psychedelic music. Teo, Olga and their psychedelic family have brought us a CD, that keeps their standards; you push play and this is a beautiful journey from minute one till the lastthis is delight for the ears.

So lets go to the tracks:
The 1st track is a project between Dark Elf and Apnea, called Double Trouble. This is 10 minutes of an epic music; we start with one minute without any percussion, some female voices and then we get to the real deal; great atmosphere, it creates a good vibe throughout the track, without the need of using to much evil leads. It has also some great elements of different types of percussions in here, everything in this track is delicious; I wonder how people can create such great music? This is an excellent track for opening a DJ set, plus, that they were able to run from the typical template 7 minute tracks. It is so nice to push boundaries.

Now we are in track nr. 2, Nasha with Pulsha Deep. To me a rather new artist, but makes its debut in a wonderful way. This music is delight for the brain, very well assimilated by the brain cells . It has some elements that remind me the sonar of a submarine, it seems sometimes we are under water lots of different sounds, and lots of leads make it an interesting track. It has a great lead, that I have always enjoyed, and it the type of lead that makes my mind think that it is sounds of Gods speaking: at 5:50 minutes, if you ear it, you will surely recognize it. One of my favourite tracks of this compilation, I just love this track, mainly because of that particular lead!

Fraktal Noise brings track nr.3, and this is track is for the deep hours of the nightmore tecnish type of sounds, with some hypnotic elements, a powerful kick, combined with some melodical sounds, that all mixed up create an excellent track for those high hours of the night, when the trip is high. This one doesnt seem much complex in terms of sonorities, in fact, it seems very simplistic musically speaking, but it creates a great feeling of trip.

Track nr. 4 is brought by Innersound, and once again this is music for the nighttrippy sounds, and what find very nice, is that none of the sounds used in this track, eat the others, I mean, every single sound is in its right place, without overwhelming the others. Jetlag effect is very well represented in here. And I wonder how much artists suffer from this effect?

Stereographic and Silent Horror, bring Dream track. This is a combination between a Brazilian artist and an Indian one. It starts with some child samples and then pure blast all the way! This is a dance floor monster, this one will get you moving all members of your body . The 1st 1:50 minutes are the preparation of the twisted ness that it is to come. Aggressive and twisted leads are very well conceived; this vs. track is very well produced, each artist leaves its mark in the 7 minutes of the track, without leaving the other one in the shadow.

Now we have Stranger, an artist which I really enjoy, although his latest tracks were not so very pleasing to my ears, but this one proved me he is still the old Stranger artist .The 1st music I heard from him, was the track that was released in Tantrumms Freshly Squeezed, and although they are very different, I can surely recognize Strangers trademark! This is a spectacular music, very fast and furious, with great build ups and downs. The rhythm of this one is very great, the hats used are just amazing, and the leads powerful! Another favourite trackcant seem to get tired of listening to it

Now we have my xar (Bash, knows what I am speaking about, we are both Andrs this is indeed a curious world). This track is really twisted, the kick and bass are very powerful, and the leads are from another planet! There is only one small thing I really dont likethere are some music/sounds in the background, not always present, only appear sometimes, and it seems coming from video games from the 80s. I personally dont enjoy much, but I am sure this will make some confusion in the brainz of some in a dance floor .

Amityville Revisted, is track nr. 9 and this one is the second collaboration of Silent Horror, but this time with Greek brain Claw, an artist I also really enjoy very much. Another dance floor monster, and if you know the works of this two artist you can clearly listen their typical sounds in the track. There are some hypnotic sounds in here also, but the real work is in the leads, the psychedelic created by their work is just great. Some fade ins and outs worked on the kick, are very interesting. We get also some samples, they seem wolvesbut it can be my ears.

And then suddenly we are in the last track, the artist behind the project is Dimitri, from Greece, and this time he doesnt use his usual name Dark Elf but instead he uses Dark Elfaki, because this track is more morning orientated. Liquid exxxotic is its name. This one is more melodical, but I am sure if it was played at night, it would still make some damage. It is very nice that artists do not shut themselves in shells, and produce all types of music, orientated for several times of the party. It starts in a calm way; there are some samples which I believe they say diva? Like I stated before, this is not fast and aggressive music, but the more melodical side of Dark Elf, I find also very nice to hear some Spanish guitar samples in the middle of the track. Another favourite track; and an excellent way to end this marvellous compilation.

The Artwork of the compilation is very nice also, all those elements represented in the cover: buildings, magic lamps, even the logos label, are all very nice.

So to end my review, this CD I believe is a must have for all fans of psychedelic music; such is the pleasure of hearing this, I know it all comes down to tastes, but if you are a fan of night music, but not only, get this one, you wont regret of spending your money in this compilation.
Eagerly waiting for more VAs of DiscoValley Records.           ...
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 2, 2007 02:23
Quote:

On 2007-11-01 16:35, a3k wrote:

We get also some samples, they seem wolvesbut it can be my ears.

Sounds more like alternating female and male vocals to me

Anyways....when is CD 08 out? Need moreeee Fraktal Noise!!

Black Cat
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 3, 2007 11:38
Wao wao wao...Andrea*A3k,this is really an amazing review that u made for us!

Thank u so much!

Black Cat
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 3, 2007 11:42
Quote:

On 2007-11-02 02:23, zmandan wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-11-01 16:35, a3k wrote:

We get also some samples, they seem wolvesEut it can be my ears.

Sounds more like alternating female and male vocals to me

Anyways....when is CD 08 out? Need moreeee Fraktal Noise!!

Don't worry will be for sure more Fraktal Noise in our next va!
And we will try to make it out as fast as we can!

Discovalley Records
Discovalley Records

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Nov 4, 2007 15:30
Big thanks to Andrea*a3k and parario for making such a nice review for Discovalley records!!!

Bom Bom
          DVRCD012 Path of Memories comin soon 25/Apri
you can buy all our cds direct from us through paypal!
contact discovalleyrecords@yahoo.com
tripmaster

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Nov 4, 2007 20:44
Awesome album, my fav track Ti Ora Ine by Stranger. Love this track been tripping on it for a while now Big up to disco valley records u've got me inspired, hopefully sometime in future I would have a track of my own featured in ur compilation.

Boom!!
Andreh
Bash / Kernel Panic

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Nov 8, 2007 18:51
Great reviews!!! Both friends got the spirit of the compilation i think!!

And my xara, the song from video game that you noticed, is not from a video game, is from the movie "Old Boy", the theme of this song.

The background song is a song that plays when Dae-Suh is confined on a room and people spread some sleeping gas... Pan ran ran ra rannnnn

Is a great movie with a great message, i recommend for all you friends!!!

Thankz again my xara and thank u Parario!!!
PSYTOUR-night oracle recs
Psytour

Posted : Nov 8, 2007 18:58
its a great cd. i really njoy all trax!! bravo to DV for one more good release...           *Night Oracle Records
www.night-oracle-records.com

*Vertigo Records/Indigo Recs
*Femina Mandragora/Rhakti Dei
Night Lurk

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Nov 10, 2007 19:54
Great VA

8.CLAW Vs SILENT HORROR - amityville revisted 9/10

this track is very powerfull congrts           DJ Night Lurk (KARKEIJA KREW\\CRYSTAL MATRIX REC)
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/NIGHT-LURK/142521798996?ref=ts
SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/night-lurk
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNightLurk
Trance Forum  Forum  Music Reviews - VA -1001 nights (Disco Valley Records - Goa India)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance