Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A - Zero Gravity | Spun Records (May,2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V.A - Zero Gravity | Spun Records (May,2005)

J
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Jun 22, 2005 17:29
V.A – Zero Gravity
Label: Spun Records
Date: May, 2005

*Track List:

1) Gms and Jimbo – Mozart (7:12)
2) Intelabeam – Blizard (6:55)
3) Wizzy Noise – Haiku | Rmx (8:47)
4) Altom – Blue | Deadrah Rmx (8:53)
5) Shanti – Alter Ego (6:55)
6) Pop Stream – Fuel Knock | Alternative Control Rmx (9:09)
7) Poli, Spiritual Enhancer and Dizzy Mind – Dig Music (8:12)
8) Wrecked Machines – Music in You (8:18)
9) HujaBoy – Magnitism (7:19)
10) Soundaholix – The Moon (7:16)

Short review:

It’s a very nice comp. Very energetic, and up-lifting, in Spun’s characteristic, very morning and groovy sounds... All tracks have very good quality and were very well selected.

The tracks:

*1- ) Gms and Jimbo – Mozart (7:12)

Gms needs no introduction. Their work speaks for it self. It starts like and opera... some violins, than a creepy voice calls for “Mozart”. Followed by nice bass-line, some smooth sounds, and starts growing than stays in the same rhythm. Not as good as other releases from both artists. But a nice track.

*2- ) Intelabeam – Blizard (6:55)

Very smooth beginning. Keeps like that for a while. Than comes the incredible bass-line. Dan is a very talented artist. Must be coming out his debut album. But anyway, it’s a very fresh track, just goes lifting you, so you start to dance and just flows. Some nice high noises, a lot of psychedelic sounds, good turns. Very good track.

*3- ) Wizzy Noise – Haiku | Rmx (8:47)

It reminded me old fashion trance. More tricky, a usual bass-line, with some dark sounds, like whispers and stuff. Than the groovy starts. Nice introduction, great development, and only gets better. One of my favorites tracks… It’s a very happy track, lots of joy in it. The whole track. The track goes wild in the middle, and keeps on like that for a while.

*4- ) Altom – Blue | Deadrah Rmx (8:53)

I rather the original version. Not saying bad things about Dado’s Rmx, just liked the other one better. They are very similar to each other, besides the bass-lines and the turns… But almost the same track.

*5- ) Shanti – Alter Ego (6:55)

The song really impressed me. It starts with the song’s main sound. A very up-lifting tune, that motivates you. The whole track is very energetic, with a great bass-line (it changes it’s tone very often) and the track is a master piece. Definitely, one to blast the dance floor all over the world. Very good job by Shanti. A track that will remain in your head, after you first hear it.

*6- ) 6) Pop Stream – Fuel Knock | Alternative Control Rmx (9:09)

Alternative Control is one of the best Full-on acts around, IMO. Their work is fresh, energetic, and happy. Very groovy. A great rmx. A very psychedelic and tricky sound goes along with the track. A great song, a great rmx, my favorite track. It’s very modern, the sounds they put in. Very nice quality. A master of piece.

*7- ) 7) Poli, Spiritual Enhancer and Dizzy Mind – Dig Music (8:12)

Three impressive artists. Poli comes from the Gms family. Spiritual Enhancer is IMO one of the best Brazilian acts. Very groovy sound, keeps like that the entire track. Reminded me a lot of Wrecked Machines, that kind of Psytrance. In he middle, the music stops, and raises up again, nice trick. And than returns in a different bass-line and psy-sounds. Good track.

*8- ) Wrecked Machines – Music in You (8:18)

Gabe’s work needs no introducing. The lead act in the Brazilian scene, speaks for it self. Very nice track, explosive tunes, a wonderful continuous bass-line, that takes on a trip without end. “It’s the music you!! Music in me… music in me…” very nice job. The track is a continuous master of piece. A morning track that will bomb the dance floor for sure. Very W.M style. Nice one…

*9- ) HujaBoy – Magnitism (7:19)

The beginning is very unique. A tricky sound sweeps on, and than starts the bass-line. Fast entrance, very Spun way. It starts a bit dark (for a few secs) than it goes morning. Very nice track also. Very continuous track, there are few stops, and great turns. To track just leeds you to dance… A creepy voice, which IMO gives the track a sort of spice. Very energetic track. Explosive.

*10- ) Soundaholix – The Moon (7:16)

Very unique track. Very Gms style. Good bass-lines, mixed with some psy tunes, a very keep-going track, uplifting and delirious one. It’s a track for the dance floor, cause u just go on and on with it. A great loop on the voice gave the track an unique way of development. Good track.

*Favorites:

2, 4(!), 5, 6(!) and 8.

See ya next time…

It
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Jun 22, 2005 20:18
Spun compliations always leave me wanting more good tracks then they provide... the thing is that the ones i do like, i play about 20 times a day.

i cannot get over Shanti's remix to Rocker by Alter Ego... this track is my summer best friend 1 simple meldody done properly.... ah this track cannot get old... i know it... last year i was flying with "tingling sensations" now this one, simply amazing.
also Intelabeams track is a blend of groovy sounds with that awesome bassline that makes me play this track at least twice a day and each time i find something else in it. very good mix between harsher sounds and really soothing ones in this one, nice structure too.... Inteleabeam is on the rise folks.
another worthy mention is WM, the track has a great hook and i like the transpose in bass and the break is quite good too, but it doesnt finish strong enough for my taste, a repetition of the same ideas.
Hujaboy's track is a total mind trip... what can i say about this guy, he has been all over the place lately... this is not music for xtc heads at all... "diving" music that keeps drilling at your mind... very good stuff. the only thing i dont like about it is the intro and first few 8bars. after that some awesome sounds come in and we are smooth sailing into deep dimensia.

not the greatest compilation, but the gems are worth it for certain.
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
J
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jun 22, 2005 21:10
Indeed!!!

Couldn't agree more!!

Shanti's track is a master of piece... will remain in my favorite ones for a long time......

And as u, i have listened to that track, at least for like, 30 times... and i never get tired of listening!!

it
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Jun 22, 2005 21:46
good review btw.
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Jun 23, 2005 00:54
My copy arrived last week... I've been listening it while making my HQSAR studies... Now when I listen to this compilation and close my eyes I see molecules...

GMS track is not good IMO. Simple track, not worth.

My favorite is the Haiku rmx. Shanti's track is good for sure, but it's been so overplayed that usually I just skip it.

Hujaboy, Intelabeam and the track with Spiritual Enhancer are also very good.

it_peiote_killer, Edukators is a great movie...

Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
J
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jun 23, 2005 00:58
Yes it it...
And everybody should see it...

b00m
it

..::PsySacred::..
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jun 23, 2005 21:45
Good Review..
The sound of Alternative Control is what I like the most in this compilation.I Agree With You (Alternative Control is best..)..But Inon Oved (Pop Stream) Is Very Talented Guy ..I Like His Work..My Highlight in This Cd Are Intelabeam - Blizzard and Pop Stream Track ( Alternative Control Remixed)..But Spun Rec Is not My cup
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 23, 2005 21:48
And Shanti - Alter Ago is my fav in this cd
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 24, 2005 07:12
Good Review...Not The Great CD..But Good Track On There ..My Fav : 2(!),5(!!!),6(!),8,9
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Jun 24, 2005 19:40
I like Hujaboy's track (as always), and the beautiful old Soundaholix track - nothing else caught my attention here. well-produced but not really any fresh ideas. spun can do a lot better, imo.           ..it's just another party..
Freaked Frequency
Freaked Frequency

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 25, 2005 02:18
This compilation is totaly ok ... not perfect but if u look on other labels and their releases this is must hv ... Big congrats to our frineds from alternative control ... fucking amasing rmx !!
n-joy this one ppl and expect many more killers from them ...
clown
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Jun 30, 2005 07:50
This release is SPUN's best release in a long time. The alter ego remix is simply amazing. It totally caught me by surprise because i really loved the original. I have also heard a techno remix of it also,, just a great track in total. Deedrah turn's Altom's Blue into a very dark groove. Its right up there with my favorite tracks on this one. WIzzy Noise's track is the best as usual, and hujaboy keeps it rocking all the time. (Still can't wait for some boo reka) GMS track is ok, and the rest are fun also.. all in all one of the best CD's i've got in a long time.

"VA - REWIRED" OUT NOW !! (techtrance invasion) ---> http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/86303/forum/9
http://psy.techno.fm <------- Jester Records's Internet Radio channel
www.jesterrecords.ca
djAndras

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 30, 2005 16:02
I was quiet dissapointed really.Apart from the Hujaboy who seems to have such fat sound and the wrecked mashines track there is very little here.Just a repetition of the good ol formula.Spun could do better that this.
DJ_420

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 1, 2005 10:08
I enjoy this comp and to buy the CD.

track 3, Haiku remix (144 bpm) is quality production. There is a certain lead sound on here that just meets my taste alot, its sort of haunting but uplifting too. The original on stereo electric had this same sound on intro, but this mix its present in that last breakdown as well, so an improved mix i find quite driving and powerful.

to agree with some other ppl here, track 5, alter ego (145 bpm) also a quality track. I think it sounds "fresh", euphoric synthwork and solid kick, fits well into my set.

Intelabeam, wrecked machines & soundaholix contributions also strike as promising, maybe others when i explore them further. overall i consider an above average comp from spun.

"I am borne away by the mighty and shining ones." - the Egyptian Book of the Dead
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Aug 17, 2005 07:49
ok i have to bump this cause 3) Wizzy Noise – Haiku | Rmx (8:47) made my day.. if only those bass and kick could be clearer i would be in heaven. but! its fucking brilliant in every other way.... such a good groove and what leads!
hot damn!           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A - Zero Gravity | Spun Records (May,2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance