Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Solstice Black Compilation #01 (Solstice Music 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A Solstice Black Compilation #01 (Solstice Music 2006)

Ben P

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 21:01
Eat Static - Xeno-Phonic wow! for me this track is the best track i herd in a long time!!! very original changes all the time evrysecond difreat from the last one. it been very long since i herd a track that got me so exited i think its since Son Kite - Hi-Fi Stomp Session!
anyway this compiltion is great as i wrote my favorite is 1st track!!! which is amazing!
fav
1!!!,3,4,7,8,9,10
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 22:51
Totally overhyped IMHO. Aside the ok Eat Static tune everything here is really boring and doesn't involve into anything interesting. X-Dream's remix of Juno Reactor is a sacrilage. Too short, too simplistic. I think that even Skazi could do a better remix. X-Dream's Insanity could do much more without the Vocals. KoxBox's Geomancer 2004 sounds more like a watered down edit of the original classic tune.
I think it's a proper time to say that this Electro retro fad has done it's thing and should return to the history books where it really belongs.
Beh.
          Everyone in the world is doing something without me
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Feb 3, 2006 00:47
Quote:

On 2006-02-02 22:51, Pavel wrote:
Totally overhyped IMHO. Aside the ok Eat Static tune everything here is really boring and doesn't involve into anything interesting.

agreed. I wasn't impressed at all.

..it's just another party..
psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Feb 3, 2006 04:54
synthetic lova boring ?!

ok
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Feb 3, 2006 11:01
Quote:

On 2006-02-03 04:54, psy^soldier wrote:
synthetic lova boring ?!

i don't dig the vocals in that track, sorry. remind me of that mid-90s Love and Rockets comeback effort. could be just me though.

..it's just another party..
-Abatwa-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Feb 3, 2006 11:18
Quote:

On 2006-02-03 00:47, DiMiTry wrote:
Quote:

Totally overhyped IMHO. Aside the ok Eat Static tune everything here is really boring and doesn't involve into anything interesting.

agreed. I wasn't impressed at all.

+1
a disappointment for me. the artists in the compilation nowhere liveup to their potentials.           `Bottomless wonders spring from simple rules, which are repeated without end` Mandelbrot
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Feb 3, 2006 17:08
Quote:

Totally overhyped IMHO. Aside the ok Eat Static tune everything here is really boring and doesn't involve into anything interesting. X-Dream's remix of Juno Reactor is a sacrilage. Too short, too simplistic. I think that even Skazi could do a better remix. X-Dream's Insanity could do much more without the Vocals. KoxBox's Geomancer 2004 sounds more like a watered down edit of the original classic tune.
I think it's a proper time to say that this Electro retro fad has done it's thing and should return to the history books where it really belongs.
Beh.

I was just about to buy this release when I saw your comment. Guess I should DL and listen before I buy it.
But it looks soooo god damn good! ja man.
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Feb 3, 2006 19:59
Don't believe the hype Erik.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
ultraviolet

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Feb 3, 2006 23:12
Quote:

X-Dream's remix of Juno Reactor is a sacrilage. Too short, too simplistic. I think that even Skazi could do a better remix.

sacrilege ?? wtf r u talking about! that remix is superb! too short? check the original...
Alex Boshke
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  59
Posted : Feb 4, 2006 00:17
I like it I Like it!
SYNTHETIC LOVE is the tune on it, i have played this compilation all over the globe in last 20 months and still nothing compares to the Prime Suspect track!Other highlights: Koxbox, JR Remix, Eat Static!

leandromorales
Demonizz/Duophonix

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Feb 10, 2006 13:57
my favs

2.Control F - Release-Rythm-Circus
3.X-Dream - Insanity
4.Koxbox - Geomancer 2004

good tracks
clown
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Feb 16, 2006 01:07
This is not bad compilation at all, however, im not sure why people praise so much on the "synthetic love" track.. there's not much to the track really.. ok, i mean, i'll play it out once or twice, but really, besides that very bad vocal, there's most to no evolution in the track..

okay, i really liked the CJ Bolland track, up until i mixed it with something else and found his little structure twist, creating instant trainwrecks.. plus, its near the end of the track, meaning if you don't finish your set or fade out of this track, you will surley make people stop dancing.. i ask myself, WHY ??? !!!

ok, now, with that off my ass, i really enjoy listening to the compilation in general. Both X-dream tracks rock solid, more insanity than the remix, but they are both very appropriate in there own different ways. I love the electroish touch to most of the tracks, and the heavy techno influences as well.

Its a great CD as a whole, and a must for the more techy people. I hope Solstice sticks to this style more often !!           "VA - REWIRED" OUT NOW !! (techtrance invasion) ---> http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/86303/forum/9
http://psy.techno.fm <------- Jester Records's Internet Radio channel
www.jesterrecords.ca
psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Feb 16, 2006 10:56
i think synthetic love reminds people the techtrance style that died it do it for me atleast you dont hear alot those machine loops anymore
14-year old e-tard
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  11
Posted : Feb 16, 2006 12:17
The Control F, CJ Bolland and (to a lesser extent) Kox Box tunes are proper dancefloor bangers.

About the compilation as a whole, I think its alright. I also think that this is a step towards the right direction for Solstice. Hopefully they won't get caught up in the whole "if it sounds electroy, has a trashy vocal and its weird, its good" thing, and stick with the Control F, CJ Bolland kind of belters.
          Me>You
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Feb 16, 2006 14:02
i gave a listen to the samples (4 minutes on saikosounds...) and i'm not sure whether getting this one or not; it starts with too much electro influences for my taste, but from track 7 and on: i like it, especially Prime Suspect and the X-Dream Remix for Juno Reactor.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Solstice Black Compilation #01 (Solstice Music 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance