Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Sanatonic Audio (Sanaton Records 2006) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Sanatonic Audio (Sanaton Records 2006) CD

sashe atriohm
Atriohm

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 14, 2006 03:00
There are no words only smiles
This compilation will be one of the best for this year!!!
My favorites:
Donkey shot
Procs
Hallucinogenic horses
Derango(!!!)
Hokus Pokus+Vicius spiral
Jahbo
**maria**

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Apr 14, 2006 09:19
i agreed to all.
this v/a maybe will b my best on 2006!
well..i say just like a storm..
many kind of storm.

my fav waz derango but also Hokus Pokus+Vicius spiral ,hallucinogenic horses,Zikdrury shoot me too.
anyway all on this v/a rummaged my brain

big big thanxx!!
darkgnome

Posted : Apr 14, 2006 11:23
The best comp. I've heard this far I hope 2006 will bring more forest madness
And I do think this was much better than Boldly Audio
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : May 2, 2006 07:44
Compilation: Sanatonic Audio
Label: Sanaton Records
Web: http://www.sanatonrecords.com
CAT: SRCD02
SE.net: http://www.sonic-energy.net/core/content/view/223/2/

01 - Donkey Shot - Ode on Fellow Casualties [150]
02 - Procs - Frequenters [143]
03 - Ka-Sol – Just Another Riot [145]
04 - Zikdrury – Joconta Stories (Rmx) [154]
05 - Traskel – Unknown Speakers [148]
06 - Hallucinogenic Horses – The Stable Of Hooves [148]
07 - Derango – Mellan Mitten [148]
08 - Zalabim – Jiggsaw Tonic [147]
09 - Hokus Pokus + The Vicious Spiral – Rusten Svensker [146]
10 - Jahbo - Hashed [146]

According to allrecordlabels.com, Sanaton specializes in an eclectic blend of Boogie Woogie, Fractal, Ghettotech, and Screamo within the realm forest psy trance (laugh, it is apparently a joke). If we attempt to trace this fascination with the green forests, in a seemingly designed musical strand that characterizes by this type of environment, even if they are now saying "hey man, this works pretty much everywhere" I would like to understand why. Looking for answers I turned to the Swedish history records and curiously enough, the first picture that sprung out of Google was some Vikings and a hot mami in the middle of – you got it right- a forest. A subsequent search for updated images of the region revealed the place has not changed that much since. Would it be out of place then, to assume there is a genuine sub-branch of psychedelic trance that has evolved organically from an adaptation to the surroundings? Let’s fast forward to the present, where does it lead? Back to Sanaton: A loose group of enthusiasts sharing their love for music and good times, that figured there is enough bark amongst them to let it bloom. Sanatonic Audio is the second sampler from their cauldrons, reserved for those who have acquired a taste for manic, immersive, cranial proposals that boldly go where no synthesizer has gone before…
/ play ‘Star Trek’ theme.

Per Track

1- Donkey Shot – Ode on Fellow Casualties

The first public appearance of Johan Hellquist is an ode to our fellow travelers who got lost along way and now slide seamlessly between realities, most probably in a mental institution. For an opener the donkey shot is felt quickly in an incongruous arrangement of destructed elements with woobly lines, scream-infused atmospherics and fractal effects edging on dissonance.

2- Procs – Frequenters *

In retrospect I find ‘frequenters’ a freak child from Mikael Stegman’s usual production. The beat is easily the muddiest, dirtiest one I have heard so far and it takes good stereo to let the groove shine. The whizzing air-like effects, the twilight pads and the trumpets in the break are all –apparently- working towards a humorous resolution. The moniker stands comfortably on la-la land, up there in cloud nine.

3- Ka-Sol – Just another Riot

I guess I should just come out and say it. The only Ka-Sol I’ve heard was in Apsara last year and the sound is pretty new to me. It retains some of that classic Goa, with detuned glissandi giving a new meaning to the word maximal. Leaning on Goa is not my style lately but I have to admit this is pretty damn tasty.

4- Zikdrury – Joconta Stories (Rmx) *

The Greek influx continues even in the Sanatonic front-line and the latest import is Alex Vozikis & Dennis Patsouros. Their offering here is one dizzyingly involving number with scattered female chants giving way to more nauseating effects, gently unfolding in stereo mode to magical lines all fragmented and distraught. Playing in the 150’s club with refreshing rhythmical proposals is always welcomed. That said, a little more depth in the lower ranges would been even better, since this thing is moving like hammer -I might as well feel it. The hurricane of interaction upstairs makes up for it though. Oh, and if you thought you were the only one thinking about the Gioconda, idling away with the picture as the Greeks did their job… well, you weren’t the only one.

5- Traskel – Unknown Speakers *

The Swedish gnome Marcus Ryman is behind the Traskel project, which translated roughly means ‘Monkey Poo’ in Hopi (ok, ok I made that up). His style is usually disjointed, mechanic and utterly shit-for-brains inducing. The beat elements keep the ear interested while the effects replace any form of melodic intent.

6- Hallucinogenic Horses – The Stable of Hooves *

Hallucinogenic Horses are composed of the Eriksson’s and Emil Wennborn that was responsible for the artwork in their album Tumult released last year. Like most derango-infused work, it is very hard to point out characteristics: everything is an assault on the senses, constantly morphing. Standing out is the beat, the use of everything from toms to horse whiffs… is a riot and not the quiet kind.

7- Derango – Mellan Mitten *

Would it be fair to say ‘forest’ has turned into a euphemism with these two? Inside the mellan of the mitten is clear Derango still has it. Their work is more entertaining than watching a Jerry Bruckheimer film. What is so great about it? Probably the way they manage to infuse chaos with droopily liquid harmonies and disorienting effects, in such a way that it still retains some harmony… well barely there. The prevalence of an individual style, showing a great deal of ingenuity in every track at the same time gets them extra-brownie points too.

8- Zalabim – Jigsaw Tonic

Zalabim is another newcomer I have no recollection of hearing and the surprise was rather pleasant. The twisting and stretching synths meddle infinitely in a rather catchy tune with steady backbone. It’s a little humdrum in retrospect but I honestly can’t wait for the old plug and chuck to see how it works out.

9- Hokus Pokus + the Vicious Spiral – Rusten Svensker

Back on track, the ninth chapter is a collaboration of Hokus Pokus that got featured last year in Parvati and the Vicious Spiral (previously heard by the Gi’iwa corner). The bottom end sinks deep in between an artifice of high-ranged madness and some squeakers that bring back memories of ‘Zim Zalabim’ at times, by part of Hokus Pokus. The end result is a no nonsense jumpy groove throwing up the nastiest chunks of binary regurgitations I’ve heard in a while. The real kicker is finding out it actually builds to a monster around the fourth minute, in a noisy climax to leave even the most depraved listeners satisfied… *sigh* now go get me a smoke.

10 – Jahbo – Hashed *

Jahbo ends the ride with a thick brown brick the size of Rastafarian newborn. Standing out in my ears are the jazzy snares plugged right into the drum matrix with satisfying results. The rest is jumble of corroded melodies rasping the speakers like liquid sand paper... and you're gonna love it.

All in All

Every now and again a CD falls in my reach with such disturbing material, I have difficulty breaking the sonic spell to attempt writing words about it. Obviously this a sign the music is great (in a psychedelic way), but it also means I will need to rub my chin for few extra days to spit something out that merely attempts describing what is being heard. Suffice to know despite having a big number of relatively unknown names, the quality is standing as a benchmark. I don’t own Boldly Audio, but the jump in terms of professionalism is noteworthy: Mastering by Chromatome, pressed CD’s, neat artwork (I like the alien in the back cover better btw), and a great selection of tracks. The fact Sanaton has released only 400 copies, makes a statement this is not geared for the masses -but then again- we knew that already just by looking at the track list. Briefly put, this baby is a rare forest berry… or whatever the hell it grows down there.

Where to Buy

http://www.sanatonrecords.com/orderframe.htm          elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
Hex Osirus
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : May 2, 2006 09:24
btw i thought boldy audio had gr8 artwork
Sanaton Records
Sanaton Records

Posted : May 2, 2006 11:56
Thank you Rah for an interesting review

all the best from the Sanatones !!

S a n a t o n R e c o r d s (c)

http://www.sanatonrecords.com

contact@sanatonrecords.com
PsYcH0naUT

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 2, 2006 12:23
i dont see any alien in the back cover? to be honest i thought this is a losey case and cover, boldly audio looked better.
but who cares, the music inside it is marvellous.
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : May 2, 2006 15:07
Quote:

On 2006-05-02 12:23, PsYcH0naUT wrote:
i dont see any alien in the back cover?

look deeper baba... is there...           elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 7, 2008 11:07
Sanaton's magic is time-less... Every CD... and this will remain a special first : ) 10 outstanding compositions from a handful of aliens

Donkey shot
Procs
Hallucinogenic horses
Derango
Hokus Pokus + Vicious spiral
Jahbo

these were the real deal

keep them coming Sanaton, you guys are the best

BooM
Perma Fry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Jan 18, 2008 22:08
Nyyyyiiiice

Lookin forward to hearing as soon as possible

G'Luck

Bom bolenaut
nEuro

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jan 21, 2008 12:01
Quote:

On 2008-01-07 11:07, zmandan wrote:
Sanaton's magic is time-less... Every CD... and this will remain a special first : ) 10 outstanding compositions from a handful of aliens

Donkey shot
Procs
Hallucinogenic horses
Derango
Hokus Pokus + Vicious spiral
Jahbo

these were the real deal

keep them coming Sanaton, you guys are the best

BooM

+1

And waiting for atishoo and makadam also some tracksss ......

Spread Love.
Boom.
Sanaton Records
Sanaton Records

Posted : Jan 21, 2008 12:34
We are almost done with our 4th compilation, so stay tuned friends !

S a n a t o n R e c o r d s (c)

http://www.sanatonrecords.com

contact@sanatonrecords.com
ILSE
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jan 21, 2008 15:01
quit amazed and waititng ...

darkgnome

Posted : Jan 21, 2008 21:46
Quote:

On 2008-01-21 12:34, Sanaton Records wrote:
We are almost done with our 4th compilation, so stay tuned friends !

Finally!! I'll be the first to order           Kimi-tachi wa keikoku sareta!
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 22, 2008 00:31
Sanaton is the best thing thats happened to mankind since loooong hehehe
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Sanatonic Audio (Sanaton Records 2006) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance