Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A Psychedelic Syndrome ( Phreex Networx, Japan ) June 2008

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V.A Psychedelic Syndrome ( Phreex Networx, Japan ) June 2008

Braindrop
Braindrop

Started Topics :  140
Posted : Jul 13, 2008 16:29:33
Two and a half years from the release of Phenix, and a year and half from Japanhythmc..the long awaited next compilation from Japan is finally here.
This is the 5th release of this cutting edge label from Japan.

Title : PSychedelic Syndrome
Label : Phreex Networx Japan
Distribution : Saiko Sounds
Format: CD
Year : 2008

Tracklist:
1. Nolm - ZenMotsu
2. Dejan - Psycho trip
3. Fierce - Acrid Beat
4. Traskel - Pickup Procedure
5. Zik - Yukaori
6. Papiyan - Suck my nose job
7. Psycho Wizard - Jiremma
8. Syntax Error - Rorre Xatnys
9. Kindzadza - Rearrange it
10. Amorphous - Nerve

1. Nolm - Zenmotsu

Starts with an eerie atmosphere and the bassline being bent and panned and slowly increasing in volume. A solid kick and bass settles in. The whole weird groove and atmospheres kinda give the feeling of early works of Derango. Soon the the track progresses with more quirky effects and deep yet groovy bassline. At 3:00 minutes into the track the bassline changes with more weird and experimental scales in fx. Thse bassline slowly builds from slowly from towards moving into something tat is weird, strange and yet fun at the same time. The track moves on towards the end leaning towards more experimental lines. I liked the work on kick/bass in this track very much. A very nice opener and a nice debut. Gives me the feeling tht the cd has something really nice to offer.

2. Dejan - Echo Trip
The track starts off with a sample with kick and bass setling in shortly. The track progresses nicely with some nice percussion and fx with the bassline changing after every couple of bars. At around 2:45 the track picks up more in power with a nice lead and eerie fx. The bassline changes after a bar with more eerie and small fx. More twisted fx follow as the track slowly progresses. At this point some more industrial like fx come into place nicely. The track picks up in energy slowly with more fx. Well, this one dint get me hooked much as to me it lacked some direction towards the end. But it is quite a decent track nevertheless.

3. Fierce - Acrid beat
The track begins with a nice atmospheres and soundscapes. Kind gives u a feeling that you are lost in the middle of a jungle trying to find tht big party and slowly u hear the beats rising from somehwere (as so does the kick/bass in the track). Soon the bass and kick settles in. The bass and kick is very brooding and pounding, which i like very much. Some nice percussion with atmospheres in the background follow on nicely. Gives you the feeling that suddenly you are very close to tht big party that you were frantically searching. The track progresses nicely with some small and sharp fx towards a breakdown at 4:00. I liked the breakdown very much with its very nicely crafted fx and atmospheres and filtered beats. ANd slowly in comes tht kick and bass only to be more pouding, deep and heavy!!! Certainly now u r much closer to find the party as the beats just draw you closer and closer. The moves very nicely with the bassline changes and atmospheric madness!And finally u reach the party to witness something that youve never seen before . Another new japanese madness in here!! Very nice track!!

4. Traskel - Pickup Procedure
"Certainly can say, that i can no longer dispose that the idea that we have been visited by some non-human intelligence who have incredibly advanced technology. Where they come from i have no idea but they are regularly picking up human beings" Oh Yes. The aliens have come to abduct and to describe this procedure is Scandinavian twister Traskel with Pickup Procedure.
Weird and spooky fx accompanied by a nice, groovy yet weird bassline and kick. Soon we are transported into a dimension of strange patters, sounds and atmospheres. Seems like he's tellin how the aliens have landed in some remote jungle somewhere in Scandinavia . This is just pure twisted music here and you can understand that how twisted this procedure is. More weird melodies and fx follow with some nice work on the percussion towards 5:30 minutes in to the track. And the track ends with a very nice little melody. Ok... did u just understand the procedure? Well... neither did i. Cause thts how the aliens pickup . Killer track!

5. Zik - Yukaori
Here comes Greek twister Zik. No wasting time here. A strong kick and bass settles in with a series of nice fx with the kind of madness he is known for. Towards the 2:00 the track progresses nicely with a gentle lead nicely reverbed and with more drilling sounds and samples. At around 3 :00 in comes a sample " You get old enough, you remember a reason for everybody to whack you. If you beleive more. u knw somebodys gotta be lyin or maybe theyre all lying!" BAck comes the kick and bass with tht lead and more twisting sounds guiding you through to another dimension. The track moves on nicely towards the with more drilling sounds and fx. Althoughi felt some parts could have been better, i quite like this track pretty much. Nice one Zik! And somebody please do tell me wat Yukaori means .

6. Papiyan - Suck my nose job
In comes another scandinavian rising stars Papiyan. The track starts with some bitcrushed fx, nice forest atmospheres and soon the kcik and bass settles in. This is just pure scandinavian style music with the bassline patterns. Some nice sounds and interesting synths and fx follow with beautiful soundscapes and gently twisted fx. The track moves on very nicely in this flow. A short breakdown ai 2:30...and in comes back the kick and bass, with some very nice sounds, typically remeniscent of the earlier scandinavian sounds. Some nice work on the atmospheres and percussion at around 5:00. The bassline changes a little bit around 6:00 to bring in another series of fx. All in all, this group cements the Scandinavian sound in a new way. It has the feeling of the old school forest sounds in a very new way and very refreshing indeed. Nice one guys. Very beautiful track! Wow, this cd is turning out to be real nice.

www.braindrop.in
Braindrop
Braindrop

Started Topics :  140
Posted : Jul 13, 2008 16:30
7. Psycho Wizard - Jiremma
Starts off with some nice work on the percussion, kick and bass. Soon a driving bassline settles with more industrial like atmospheres and percussion in the background. Some weird sounds and leads follow nicely
as the track progresses. I like very much the work on the bassline towards the short breakdown at 2:10. And very funky yet demented style lead follows on with the track. This track leans towards industrial sonorities for most of the time. at 4:30 there is a short breakdown followed by the kick and bass and short breaks very nicely done. More industrial sounds, fx synths follow. Nice track. Im liking the sound of the new japanse acts here. Quite industrial and a futuristic sound here.

8.Syntax Error - Rorre Xatnys

Here comes Parvati stalwart Jaffa, with the track Rorre xatnys. Well no prizes for guessing wat it means . Lets check it out.
Starts of with some noisy samples and fx and a nice kick and bass. Followed by some intelligent fx and atmospheres the track progresses. At 0:55 a very cool lead is introduced. Feels like somebodys speaking through an electric field. The bassline changes slowly at around 1:30. The track progresses with more clean fx and his trademark twisted sounds. The bassline changes again with more noisy fx in the background and the track progresses nicely. The track is in full throttle with more twisting and bending fx towards the end. The fx and synths are just meant to tease ur brains. The track is a bit short. But u knw it just means business right from the word o! Rorre Xatnys it is! Its quite different from the usual syntax error sounds. Very nice track again!!

9. Kindzadza - Rearrange it
Here comes the master himself with his new evolved turbo sound! Starts with filtered beats and his trademark kick and bass. With more intelligent fx and a killer percussion. The sound is exactly like the sound of a ping pong ball bouncing on a table. The track progresses with smal melodies and some superb percussion. Soon a short break comes in and in comes back the kick and bass with more funny video game like tunes but intelligently done accompanied by some small industrial like atmospheres. Soon the track progresses and in comes tht killer tweaking synths of his, sure to throw any floor into a frenzy followed by a breakdown brilliantly done. This is followed again by more demented sounds and fx just accumulating towards another lead and another breakdown. Soon another sharp guitar like synth comes in accompanied by another tweaking synth. The bassline changes slowly again at around 5:00 followed by more synths. This is also
quite a short one. But nevertheless its quite a brilliant track musically. Yes Leo, u have rearranged it!

10. Amorphous - Nerve
Here comes another Japanese new entrant. The track starts off with some industrial like atmospheres and the bass kick; wow i liek very much! The bassline is heavy and pounding. The track progresses with some nice percussion and metallic sounds and fx. Gives you the feeling that you are lost in a pool of damaged mechanical warfare. AS the track progressing the basslines proves to be more in ur face and pounding and a breakdown neatly done tht ends at 4:11. This track also goes along the experimental lines and is just meant to take u on a multi dimensional ride. The track progresses with some experimental sounds and fx. I liked very much again the work on bass and also once again industrial sonorities are explored in this track. All in all, im yet again impressed by another new japanese act. Good one.

Conclusion : This is a pure blaster of a compilation. Very hard to find such compilations these days, offering such variety of sounds. All are pretty much night tunes, but the diversity of it which is offered has wat left me impressed the most.
A perfect balance of Forest and Futuristic music. There are no bad moments here, except for the Dejan one, which dint quite capture my attention, but is noteworthy at the same time. Everybody has contributed excellent tracks and is well compiled too. To me , this is one of the few night compilations i have enjoyed in recent times. I am extremely happy to see Phreex Networx dishing out cutting edge music from Japan. And i should also mention that its the new japanese acts Nolm, Fierce, Psycho Wizard and Amorphous that have quite caught my attention the most through this cd. Nice mastering by Kdd and a very nice artwork too. All in all a well compiled cd brimming with great innovative sounds.

A true psychedelic burner. This one is goin to be stuck in my player for quite some time. Good one Phreex!!

Highly Recommended!

Mastering by Kindzadza
Concept and Production by Ken
Artwork by Yuri

Buy here:
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=7322

http://www.phreex.jp
http://www.myspace.com/phreexnetworx

www.braindrop.in
insane
Silent Horror

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Jul 13, 2008 19:42
All trax are really nice.. Syntax error had a different feel this time. but as always, a good one
new artists were really good, Fierce, and Amorphous,
Dejan - wow , new sounds and new direction .. loved it
papiyan, zik, traskel (freak hehe) , nice tunes
nice review ^
BooM!
          ------------------------------
NEMESIS - DEVILSMIND RECORDS - 2007
PATTERNS EP - DEVILSMIND RECORDS _ 2009
SEANCE - DEVILSMIND RECORDS - 2011
PATTERNS II EP - DEVILSMIND RECORDS _ 2013
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jul 13, 2008 19:48
Mixed feelings about this CD for me, but overall there is some top notch music on this CD. The Zik!, Papiyan & Syntax Error tracks are superb

All the best for this one
anam

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jul 14, 2008 18:53
nice va..love dejan new steps, traskel and zik are really good..and fierce and amorphous very nice works!
bom
Glacial
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Jul 16, 2008 14:11
Really like the Kindzadza track on this, superb bass.
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Jul 18, 2008 17:22
All the tracks are awesome, my favourites are Zik - Yukaori , Syntax Error - Rorre Xatnys, Kindzadza - Rearrange it and traskel

Phreex networx ruleeee beasts from the east.

“What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
Jaffasplaffa
Grapes Of Wrath

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jul 18, 2008 20:03
LEMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

thanks for the nice reply and big thanks to Ken for making this cd(still waiting for my copy though..hehe..) ladadeiiii

A-wave 08
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Jul 18, 2008 23:01
traskel , papiyan and zik are the highlights for me. if i were to choose a favourite it would be suck my nose job. hilarious name for a track.

good work phreex!           missing plug-in
Eitonin
Eitonin

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 19, 2008 06:07
I really like Nolm's track Zenmotsu. unique and mysterious forest stomper.

Good job on the compilation, Ken.
illegalradioact

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jul 19, 2008 08:18
only kdd stands out in prodction and ideas. Rest are average
montezuma
Blisargon Demogorgon

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Jul 21, 2008 17:25
nice cd one of the rare ones these days

congrat to phreex network

keep them coming

i would say i liked papiyan, traskel, kdd and dejan of course dejan track is a really nice comeback for him

waitin for more releases like this
          http://www.facebook.com/BlisargonDemogorgonBhooteshwara
Perma Fry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Jul 24, 2008 09:03
I cannot get over zik's sample in this track .... story of my life

bom bolenaut
Black Cat
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jul 24, 2008 12:53
All the tracks are nice but my favorite is Zik - Yukaori
All the best to Phreex Networx!

Bom Bom           http://www.myspace.com/discovalleyrecordsgoa
DVRcd001Nocturne*DVRcd002AcidMutants
DVRcd003PsychoCell*DVRcd004HastaLasPastillas*DVRcd005Dark Side of GOA
DVRcd006CHApoRAS Tribal Dance*DVRcd007 1001 Nights*DVRcd008 Triton OUT!
Arjuna
Arjuna

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jul 27, 2008 16:39
great released from Phreex Network! loved the Papiyan track, reeealy good feeling for this one, full emotional track for me. remind me meteloids stuff
never like so much Dejan, but this one have a lot of power, groovy, atmospheric... super track!
same whit Zik... i was never a fun of he's music, but this one i really like! nice one!
Syntax Error track is good as always.
Nolm is a good suprise! wish to hear more from this talented japanese artist! great forest music!
kindzadza is a blaster as always...

very happy about this compilation, waiting for some more from Phreex
OSKARE' KENSAN!!!

http://www.parvati-records.com/arjuna.html
http://www.myspace.com/djarjuna
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A Psychedelic Syndrome ( Phreex Networx, Japan ) June 2008

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance