Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Opus Iridium (2xCD - Uptempo/Downtempo) Suntrip Records mar 2008

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Opus Iridium (2xCD - Uptempo/Downtempo) Suntrip Records mar 2008

stryder
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Mar 14, 2008 02:57:23
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/7715/opus1kn3.jpg

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1697/opus2hn8.jpg

CD1 - Uptempo

1. E-Mantra - Voyager II | 10:26
2. Shakta - Ten Times Around The Sun | 6:32
3. Filteria - Birds Lingva Franca | 9:32
4. Artifact303 - Feelings | 9:24
5. Ajna - The Art of Happiness | 9:12
6. Radical Distortion - The Dreamer | 7:37
7. Afgin - From The Heart (Tribute to Wonderboy) | 10:17
8. Ethereal - Moondawn | 11:02

CD2 - Downtempo

1. Mindsphere - Frozen Sleep | 8:03
2. Solar Fields - Confusion Illusion Remix | 7:27
3. Electrypnose - ChillinBerlin | 10:59
4. E-Mantra - Secret Prophecy | 7:12
5. Aes Dana - Lysistrata | 7:57
6. Asura - Altered State | 7:26
7. SiebZehn - Bongalore and Beyond | 8:11
8. Astral Waves - Contemplation | 9:36
9. Ra - Road To Shiraz | 6:06

CD1 - Uptempo

E-Mantra - Voyager II
Intro with a bang, deep space voyage with ecstatic melodies, sometimes restrained, but one massive track for an opener.

Shakta - Ten Times Around Then Sun
Hasty uptempo track! This track needs to grow on you for a while to fully appreciate it! A real classic!

Filteria - Birds Lingva Franca
Nice uplifting track by Jannis Filteria! Some intense build-ups and melodic swirls make this a very enjoyable journey!

Artifact303 - Feelings
This is what it's all about! I got this CD only for this track and was very curious to hear how it turned out in mastering.
This is such a killer melodic track, especially the middle part! This will probably become the second track that will be in every dj-set i still have yet to play! The whole feel of this track is very coherent so it's a real beautiful and intense story to go through every time!

Ajna - The Art Of Happiness
Like the 2nd track, hasty uptempo, a very nice one! Classic sounds and ambiance!

Radical Distortion
Probably the best track on the album judging on content & mastering. A very crystal clear sounding piece and what kind of!!
This track is the true definition of goa trance itself; fat bass riff, evil atmosphere, ecstatic sounds and organic scapes. Excellent build-ups and the tempo is rather on the slower side which makes it even better!!! This will be remembered longtime!!

Afgin - From The Heart
I was utterly delighted to find out that this track was going to be on this CD!!! Can it get any more beautiful??!! It's so slow, so gentle, it grows like a tree itself, stretches out into the air to feel the wind. To see the world around itself, and to be what is to be.
When you let this track unfold into your true self, it's really hard not to cry...
This track is truly very, very special and is worth getting the whole (double)CD for!!!

Ethereal - Moondawn
Soft ending piece, gentle spacey atmosphere and nice strings in the end! Beautiful closure!

so far uptempo, expect downtempo review soon! so far: 9/10 B) !

CD2 - Downtempo

Mindsphere - Frozen Sleep
Wow, what a beginning! Comes on slow, so gentle, so beautiful... the strings make this a really special one! The atmosphere is very heavenly and celestial and everything seems to bath in the first light of the Universe. The magic freshness of dawn itself. Beatworks are very good in the second part and the song rolls out perfectly! Absolutely stunning track!

Solar Fields - Confusion Illusion Remix
Next is something slightly similar, though in its own distinct solar fields-style. Vocals float around, keeps on building and opening up untill the wave breaks and rolls slowly off.

Electrypnose - ChillinBerlin
Next is another favorite!!! Strong melodic work and soft breaks by Vince! The ending is very, very beautiful!

E-Mantra - Secret Prophecy
Mysterious vocals set the mood, floats on until finding itself in a steady beat and beautiful piano and synth riffs! Reminds a bit of the previous song!

Aes Dana - Lysistrata
Then we have something different! Strings take us to strong beats and sharded vocals, for those moments you want a dancing tune in the chill out!

Asura - Altered State
IDM-ish percussions, strong kicks and moving pads in this one! Again a dancing tune but with more power in the pads and synth lines!

SiebZehn - Bongalore And Beyond
Subtle bassriffs and instrumental touches give this a very groovy touch! The break in the middle with the samples is extremely nice and enchanting! Fat saw stabs top it off!

Astral Waves - Contemplation
More grooviness! Though in a very different way! This song feels like walking through the jungle! Very rhythmic driven ethnic percussions and subtle sample use really make the track into a vivid safari.

Ra - Road To Shiraz
Very instrumental and slow track! Pure eastern cinematics all the way! Feels like staring into an endless desert somewhere in the Middle East! Asilah!
Stunning finisher!

favs:

CD1: 4,6,7
CD2: 1,3,7,9

All together a very special and varied double-album! A true must-have!

This album scores a phat 9/10 and is a real gem! Artwork included!

Thank You Suntrip Records!!!

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/1023/opus5ef3.jpg

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9690/opus4fy4.jpg

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8514/opus3jg2.jpg           with the overtone tone of Radiance.
http://soundcloud.com/stryder
Sunai

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Mar 14, 2008 11:36
awesome compilations..my cd1 faws(2,3,6,7),cd2(1,4,5,9)..good luck 2 Suntrip recs & all the best in the future releases.
Rattamahata with fluoro-stick

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Mar 14, 2008 13:51
superb cd's            C20H25N3O
http://www.myspace.com/rastamahata
hallucinator
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Mar 14, 2008 15:45
awesome release
i was waiting for these treat
and it comes as i waited
every release from suntrip its perfect for me

KEEP MIXING ART WITH RAINBOW MORE OFTEN !!!!

Favs:

CD:1

CD:2

P.S i would like to tell that SHAKTA`s track touched me deep inside.. ( perfect ride )

Hallucinated Neighbour / Silent Existence
http://www.ektoplazm.com/label/silent-existence
goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Mar 14, 2008 15:57
My God! I can´t believe there´s these good sounds still alive in 2008!!
I´m just listening to it now, my 1st acquisition this year so far.
Congratulations Suntrip, you did good!

PS.
E-Mantra, your opener is among the best tracks in trance ever!! Voyager II !!

peace and love.
goaren
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posted : Mar 15, 2008 12:52
WOW WOW and once again WOW!!!

thank you so much suntrip for such a release... goa is definately still alive and sure as hell on top!!!

im not gonna describe every track as i listened only to the first cd so far but i have to stay that afgin's track is one of the most beautifully emotional tracks ive heard in a VERY long time... something like since astral projection's people can fly... really beautiful - im dying to hear it at a party - also the 3 tracks that come before it are a powerful demonstration of the goa sound - im loving this compilation seriously!!!

KEEP UP SUNTRIP YOU ARE DOING AN AMAZING JOB!
vempy

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 18, 2008 01:01
Quote:

On 2008-03-15 12:52, goaren wrote:
im not gonna describe every track as i listened only to the first cd so far but i have to stay that afgin's track is one of the most beautifully emotional tracks ive heard in a VERY long time... something like since astral projection's people can fly... really beautiful - im dying to hear it at a party - also the 3 tracks that come before it are a powerful demonstration of the goa sound - im loving this compilation seriously!!!

KEEP UP SUNTRIP YOU ARE DOING AN AMAZING JOB!

i agree with you completly!
and when you see him perform life, you understand where it came from

go afgin!! go suntrip!! more more more!!

venom455

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Mar 18, 2008 07:27
This is one of the most amazing albums Iv heard in a long time....Suntrip FTW ...finally a label dedicated to some new wave goa sounds
famiable
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 19, 2008 10:24
SHAKTA!! Have been waiting for his comeback and what an amazing track to come back with..!!

Have to see this guy live soon:)
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Mar 20, 2008 14:00
the fiteria track is out of this world. congratulations to suntrip on a fabulous release.           missing plug-in
famiable
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 21, 2008 19:19
OMG..the Radical Distortion "Dreamer" track is such a beautiful reminder of my GOA days....he has captured the essence of Goa melodies perfectly in this track for sure..

Album highly recommended !!!! Go Suntrip..
Somseensee

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Mar 23, 2008 20:12
Ambient Side is pure Bliss !!!!

Nice cover art too !
Alias
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Mar 27, 2008 16:47
Brilliant album!

both cd's are amazing in any parameter!
the melodies, the good old warm sound, the arrangement, the creativity.

almost all releases lately sounds like a joke compare to this one!

soon.....full review           www.myspace.com/aliasix
headbot
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  141
Posted : Mar 28, 2008 17:24
Very good release!
Radical Distortion rocks!!!           www.cosmicleaf.com
***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Mar 30, 2008 00:43
a short review...

Only the melodic side... I like the ambient one too but reviewing it is something I don't do...
don't know why, there hasn't to be one smile.gif , and I've only listened to it once...

V/A - Opus Iridium ~SUNTRIP RECORDS~

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sut/sut2cd010.html

1. E-Mantra - Voyager II - 10:26
2. Shakta - Ten Times Around The Sun - 6:32
3. Filteria - Birds Lingva Franca - 9:32
4. Artifact303 - Feelings - 9:24
5. Ajna - The Art of Happiness - 9:12
6. Radical Distortion - The Dreamer - 7:37
7. Afgin - From The Heart (Tribute to Wonderboy) - 10:17
8. Ethereal - Moondawn - 11:02

I wasn't planning to review this one, but I was happily surprised about the fact how amazing
this release actually is … This is absolute bliss smile.gif … A compilation combined with goatrance artist
who together with suntrip records managed to create a nice concept .
From all suntrip compilations this one has the most floating story from the first track to the last…
Nice is we don't experience ambient tracks what is often for me not that necessarily
when it comes to fresh goatrance releases cause it's not like we don't get overloaded by them J…
From the beginning of all I notice that many artist tried/achieved to adapt elements of each other
what creates a dreamy but continue satisfaction feeling…
All the tracks have highly motivated baselines… and use more dreamy parts, but also a good very nice offer of waves…
There are no high contrast lower lever quality parts in this release but then again it's just not overloading me. I
n the beginning I thought the release actually got more melodic towards the end l
ike we expect with goa releases who are more based on melodies…
But after a few good listens I noticed that isn't the fact…
You just can count on this release, each track will draw attention on a same or different level, well that's your taste…
Well writing long reviews about each track detailed is not what I like to do anymore
+ I'm lucky in this one, just mentioning some is perfect to get an idea what opus Iridium has to offer you…
Although reading them is still nice from other writers…
It's is pure traveling. A mystique atmosphere and very balanced.
Detail from beginning to last is perfect.
Shakta is nice to have back, I thought first, but hearing that it's not shatka,
well still considering that. The kick is so but so shakta, very typical them and more then welcome.
The filteria track is imo the best he has ever made, The baseline is not what I'm used to have to,
This track is very emotional to be filteria and not to overloaded to be filteria he he smile.gif .
Great… The ending of the track is very subtle and defines that continues goatrance feeling…
The articact 303 is one of my favorite. A never ending story.
Anja is the more up-tempo track, a track for ending a nice old skool party…
Radical distortion seems to adapt himself with a more slower concept
considering it's baseline but has still has his sharp melodic goasounds.
Afgin who is my favo new skool artist, you recognize it from the starts it's him.
Very emotional and dreamy.
This pure afgin but afgin is compared to other the rest of the artist
the closest to the concept which this opus iridium radiates.
Ethereal also has the element of nice heading towards a climax from it's own
so fit's perfectly in the indefinite of this concept.

Nice done suntrip,

Long time ago I had this joy of a compilation
who kept my attention from the first to the last second…

Keep up the good work

koen           http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Opus Iridium (2xCD - Uptempo/Downtempo) Suntrip Records mar 2008

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance