6. Nilsomania
MENOG
7. Solid Insanity
WINTER DEMON AND TOXIC
8. Fusion Reaction
DIGITAL TALK AND AZAX SYNDROM
9. Aya (Exciter mix)
HYPERFREQUENCYS AND TRISKELL

"Let 'New Blood' rush through your veins and feel the quickening.For timecode's 10th release mysterious grandmaster phyx reveals his nightshaded underworld. Dark, Dangerous and Beatiful. Pure Seduction.A compilation saturated with sanguine psytrance and oozing with high energy. Feel the sounds, taste the smells - the sense of another world..."

1. Artifakt has such a distinct style, always trying new things. this one has a xylophone intro bit, then straight into the deep bassline and twisty acid underneath. the percussions are crisp and metallic. as expected, the song develops in a very powerful way, with acid lines and stabs and zooms and atmospherics all adding up to present a strong ominous environment. anthemic edges shine out, and the playfullness is refreshing, but serious. at about 4:30 we get a more tweaked and grindy lead, which jams away for a bit. the tune spirals off and we are left with only rainy sounds and more of the sad xylophone...which goes on a bit long for the middle of the track... and with only two minutes left, the jam comes back in, building back up and up, zooming up, the final minute is a rolling party anthem rockout.

2. damage vs neutral rectifyer syndrome (of ambivalent records and R.A.M.) team up here to make a deep dark journey. tortured screams set the dark tone, scrapey liquid leads pan left and right, the bass is hard and the track overall is a wall of sound, the wall heads off in both directions, looming overhead. night music and party music, its versatility expands as the track unfolds, several themes emerge. running, stabs, building tension, absolutely stomping, some great transition stutterslams. good track.

3. shift builds a sppoooooky atmosphere, deep and mysterious, "what the hell is going on?"... "MEGATRON." crisp drums and hhs over a proper rolling bass, morphing into a scribbly staticky lead. the track jams on and we are drawn into a trademark shift breakdown, the story is telling itself, you are witness to something bigger and more powerful than yourself. as the tune unravels, the sheer force of it is undeniable, and somehow theres a heavy metal sample that flashes for a second. it simply rocks.

4. phyx has had many tracks lately, i think he saved one of the best for his own compilation. a thick techy rolling cyber chunk funk is in charge here. his synths do thier thing, creating epic tension and raising kundalini, up , up, its an anthem but it explains the saga of living your life, the effort required, the struggle, the pain. its huge. rolling along, rather, driving down a curvey road, the high pressure lead and heavy fx zoom your mind as you dance, serious power. the last movement is up there with one of the most powerful tunes i can recall as of late. most certainly all-encompassing and intense beyond description.

5. tickets tells a tale of the debt, what we owe, what is owed to us? more of the springy rolling bass, sure to make an ass wiggle. this is another huge soundsystem outdoor party jam. a playful high melody makes its way in. the break offers a re-working of the low lead and a giant kick roll, a tasty drop back into the meat of this track which grows around you, sending memory trails and generating glowing pathways up and down. huge unrelenting fx spiral around, some kick ass stutters between phrases. great.

6. a new track from menog, his first on a timecode release. he's been working hard it seems. nice use of delay catches my ear, and subtle building of a story. the tale unfolds with a couple different leads taking thier turns to set the tone, and then the whole thing before you know it is a full power adventure, taking you in, giving you all this energy and inspiration. the bass shifts and the dancefloor reacts, squishy sounds and growing up-ness, smiles abound. another lead comes and theres lots of detail and nice flourishes and harmony between instruments and its an all out sensorium.

7. winter demon and toxic join forces to present us with a bouncy, uplifting, and complex track. the bass driving rolling droning. a stuttery buzz breakdown leads us into a female vocal stutter, and the grindy twisty lead, and blowing up the party double build breakdown formula. lots happening, changeups and advancing sounds. big anthem sounds adding up, the final movement.... gets ravey and jams on, keeps it interesting.

8. now, i must admit i was excited to hear of a collaboration between digital talk and azax syndrom! as expected, we get a tight bass, lots of cool sounds, smart layering, and an insectoid vibe, more night style. really fun tricks with the squidgy acid line, and a gripping break, some serious groove is set up, rather, unleashed. towards the end we are given a double dose of the grind. interesting combinations of sound. very nice one.

9. this combo makes a cool sound. for accent theres a childs voice going "ayayaya" every few measures over the top of a huge rolling cyber tune. great fx, great percs and strong driving leads and just plain undeniable force! we get a breakdown which serves to resolve the movement. after all the rest of the tracks, this one becomes hard to write about, while it has its own sound and themes, im just speechless!

overall we have here a very solid comp. for those familiar with the timecode sound, this fits perfectly. theres no deviation from the quality, progress and style we have come to expect from this crew. at first listen my favorites are 2, 4, 5, 6, and 8. but surely those with different ears would find plenty of great trackage to grab onto here, its chock full of stomp, power, and fierce dancefloor energy.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/tcc/tcc1cd010.html
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4302          www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
kobi_palombo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Oct 19, 2004 20:01
Great CD Realy Crazy

Artifakt - The Bad Thing
Good track style africa

Damage Vs N.R.S. - Fuck'em All
crazyy one also style africa

Shift - Megatron
i love this track great one by shift

Phyx - Sultan Of Steel
Phyx is crazyyyyyyy eyes:

Winter Demon And Toxic - Solid Insanity
Great work Booom !

Digital Talk & Azax Syndrom - Fusion Reaction
this track baddddddddd dddddd good work by Digital & Regev !

Hyperfrequencies & Triskell - AYA (Exiter Mix)
cool mix good track

well... Va_-_'New_Blood' Good album

Boom
Shimmer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Oct 20, 2004 10:38
I absolutely LOVED that Winter Demon/Toxic track! Really got my blood moving. The whole album is a kicker. There is a mixture of stuff here for everyone. As always ARTIFAKT, SHIFT, DAMAGE, N.R.S, DIGITAL TALK & AZAX SYNDROME are all in top form!!!

Thanks for bringing this music into my collection, Timecode! Respect!

_______________________________-______________________________
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.
Alek

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Oct 20, 2004 11:40
Tracks 5 and 7 stand out to me for now... needs a few more listens before I give my proper oppinion           How am I supposed to hallucinate with all these swirling colors distracting me!
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Oct 21, 2004 16:14
cant wait to grab this one .,, gr8 review as usual bsm           missing plug-in
Fuzulu
Fuzulu

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Oct 21, 2004 19:44
man this is one hell of a cd ... this will kill the dance floors everywhere and how ...

really bombing stuff ... the Shift and Phyx track are absoltuley amazing ....

Artifakt and Damage tracks are really good too so is the Azax vs Digital track

but for me the pic is Winter Vs Toxic ...
this track is a monster!!

Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Nov 1, 2004 02:23
V/A New Blood [Timecode]

Compiled by Phyx & Mastered by Arktifakt.

Tracklist :

1. Artifakt – The Bad Thing /144 Bpm

Arktifakt (M.De Nobrega) proposes a heavy incisive tune, prepare your cortex to listen to it before the musical frontal schock btw you still have the funny weird intro time played at xylophone to quickly get accustomed after it’ll be too late. The rythmic (i mean here the hithat) makes me think to a blacksmith hitting with his hammer on
wrought iron. After 4’30 the main lead is special : satured & twisted, be carefull it could irritate your eardrum that’s probably what Arktifakt call The Bad Thing. After 5’30, you get the impress is finished & that you’re penetrating the outro with this same weird xylophone melody contrasting with the global musical content. That’s when at 6’40 things bolt again for a multi layered final musical theme.

2. Damage vs N.R.S – Fuck’Em All /148

Damage (D.Baardt) vs N.R.S (Lek Black) put you in a place like if you were lost in middle of the Sahara during a sand tempest, so you’re obliged to close your eyes as the phenomenon is so powerful. Trying to battle with the phenomenon, will you manage to resist & escape alive from the situation, to discover it only one solution : listen this track.

3. Shift – Megatron /145

Shift (Chris Hoy) invites us in his Megatron, what is it ? it’s his new amusement park he built based on scientific, cybernetic & futuristic themes. You’re lucky coz today is the launching party day of the Megatron, only V.I.P can acces it. In the Megatron, you need to wear a special cloth looking like cosmonaut’s one coppled with an electronic helmet which can help you through the visor with the moving of your eyes as mouse control with GSM, thermo-radar & other tools. Inside it’s a labyrinth where you’re always in weightlessness, with unpredictable huge draughts which are able to make you rotate on yourself at 360° and also sometimes low electric shock occurs ; it’s very physically involving & it’s better to have accomplish a special muscular training before. When you decide to leave the Megatron, usually you totally forget what has just happened but you’re always in a very good mood at the top of your health.

4. Phyx – Sultan Of Steel /145

Phyx (Ian Summs) gives us something as strong tasty as Shift’s tune was more steely of course as the title says. It’s funny at 2’45 there’s a boisterous metallic lead which is so shrill that i was first thinking it was a pug barking, but maybe it is real indeed and Sultan is the name of the dog. Whatever it is, please Phyx keep making pug barking with your music.

5. Tickets – The Debt /146

Tickets (J. Summs) has cooked a rolling groovy & bouncy bassline married with high sharpy and whistling sounds (especially after 3’00), also with typical muted duck leads from Timecode about the ryrhmic it’s quite smashing. Definitivley Timecode seems very friendly with animals or perhaps it’s just that animals love to listen Timecode stuffs who knows.

6. Menog – Nilsomania /144

Up to now, i’ve only listen to few Menog (Dani Bernardo) ‘s tracks but i quickly recognize his touch & i think Nilsomania is one of his most achieved work. It’s very thick in sounds & with lots of fx on the melodic leads , all this confers the track a powerful atmosphere.

7. Winter Demon & Toxic – Solid Insanity /146

Winter Demon (N.Dvir & A.Atias) & Toxic (A.Aboresi) start the darker part of the compilation. Solid Insanity is more jerky & pumping than all the previous stuffs up to now in the compilation. After the break at 5’30, the track goes a short instant like Spliffpolitics from Gms vs Skazi especially through the typical lead contained in this previously quoted tune during its peaktimes. Psy Dark High Energy stuffs lovers will enjoy it for sure.

8. Digital Talk & Azax Syndrom – Fusion Reaction /146

Digital Talk (Julien Fougea & Luc Achintre) & Azax Syndrome (R.Azaria) team up for Fusion Reaction. Still in the dark way , this one focuses more onto sonic asperities maybe a bit more mental to dig but easily enough body music to work on dancefloor.

9. Hyperfrequencies & Triskel – Aya (Exiter mix) /146

New Blood ends up with another nice collaboration, this time between 2 french dudes : Hyperfrequencies (Gilles Béraud) & Triskel (Fred Sauvand). Here like in previous song, the rythmic is less fat but more chiseled. It also the case for the global musical content, harmonies, structures, sounds are quite fresh & personal, with lot of depht.

All tracks are really good & if i woud try to mention tracks as highlights, it’ll give: 2,3,4,7,9.

8,5/10 (If you’re into pachydermic & dark psytrance tunes, this New Blood compilation from Timecode is a must-have for you)
bully aka (raveoholic)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Nov 1, 2004 17:42
This is the most amazing compilation, 1 of the best this year, Aleph compiled a monster one.

1) Very well done tune, really like this 1 and it's break, new promising and talented this artist is.

2) The most powerful track on the compilation for me, it's pure madness with the girts voice, amazing sounds and works really well ont he floor.

3) Great tune, works well too on the floor, great sample in the tune, really well done track, Shift makin some really great music like always.

4) Aleph knows his tricks, great energy in this 1.

5) CPU style with more power, what else can you ask for? a little repetative but again works well on the floor.

6) Intense1, making some better stuff now, Dani... nice synths used.

7) Great tune, this combination is really good.

8) Powerful, great combination... nice break in this 1, very hard too.. works on the floor.

9) Didn't hear this 1 yet, should be a real blaster for sure, the name says it all, 2 great minds together.

looking fwd to more stuff like this Aleph.
Congrats and all the best for the future.

Music is my Drug
FrodOhm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Nov 1, 2004 18:26
This compilation did not quite do it for me personally.
favorite moment:
Damage vs N.R.S – Fuck’Em All
Stash
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Nov 6, 2004 16:30
muahahahahaahaha
a smasher of a CD
well done timecode records..........hope to see more of such stuff from u guys

some reaaly great tracks on this one
Winter vs toxic
Azax vs digital
damage vs nrs
phyx

keep them coming and good luck for the fututre

bOm           At the end there is a DOOR & waiting for you on the other side of that door is either HEAVEN or HELL
Dark_Dork
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Nov 6, 2004 21:08
Good compilation, not amazing...
Highlights would be the Damage Vs. NRS track, Winter Demon and Toxic's Track, and Shift's... The heavy metal sample that flashes towards the end on Megatron is an absolute killer !
Black eyed girl

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 7, 2004 09:05
Well,Winter Vs Toxic Track And the Shift track are amazing.

Very nice release !

Keep it up Time code.
lokus
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Nov 9, 2004 17:00
outstanding compil!

best tracks for me r from artifakt and from
damage vs nrs! what a deadly combo

- last possible solution
- trick music
- ambivalent records
myspace.com/lokuz

ps: y trance?
Satanstoenail

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 14, 2004 13:32
Fuck 'em all ROCKS.           Just remember.... in Hell.... there will be doof....
s0ft
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Nov 14, 2004 15:22
looks awsome. i love these guys, i cant wait to get it.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A NEW BLOOD [Timecode 2004]

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance