Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A – Lime Light (Tribal Vision Records 2005) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A – Lime Light (Tribal Vision Records 2005) CD

DJ Buju
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : May 27, 2005 01:40
Quote:

On 2005-05-26 21:22, nolightatend wrote:
I think track 6, fits Iboga much more than any other label.

Could please explain why you say that ?

www.domorecords.com
www.myspace.com/domorec
www.myspace.com/tupanrecords
aje
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : May 27, 2005 11:53
What a cool compilation!!! Nice booklet, cool design, carfullz selected tracks, Tribal Vision is really putting a lot of effort into its releases, this CD is a real joy. Im not gonna get into full detail, but tracks 1, 5, and 6 are my favorites. Jaia stands out with a nice slow groove and subtle smooth melodies, a pefect sweet track. Flowjob is really making me wanna hear more from them, it somehow reminds me a bit of Frogacult, but th ats a good thing. And I dont wanna boost an already overly inflated ego , but our very own EP aka Holmes and Anderson contributes a very long ( i loooooove the long tracks in general) tribal and trippy voyage that makes me wonder if hes not a big pothead in denial when hes sitting there in his studio. Im certainly looking forward to his soon to come album.

Leloo is of course also a real stomper but its old and i have listened to it too many times aleady. And special mention goes to Rai, who again shows shows that hes the master of all thigs fluffy and shiny, but to its too squeahy clean to be named with those other three tracks. Anyways, no bad tracks except the last one, highly recomended.

Check out my album: http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/gay-satanic-hippie-tiefenrausch
Banel
Behind Blue Eyes

Started Topics :  96
Posted : May 27, 2005 18:31

[/quote]

Thanks mate

We will pretty soon have something for Iboga too
[/quote]

That sounds great Kristian, i also havent forgot about our plans With Behind Blue Eyes Vs. Elysium, hope we can find the time in the near future...           www.myspace.com/michaelbanel
Banel
Behind Blue Eyes

Started Topics :  96
Posted : May 27, 2005 18:33

HandA wrote:[/quote]

Thanks mate

We will pretty soon have something for Iboga too
[/quote]

That sounds great Kristian, i also havent forgot about our plans With Behind Blue Eyes Vs. Elysium, hope we can find the time in the near future...           www.myspace.com/michaelbanel
uvego
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jun 1, 2005 11:59
nice compilation...well balanced, soft&light...

LEO is my favorit here...
...and i think Dino Psaras can make rmx of Shuma - Ellectro track

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Jun 1, 2005 12:27
one of the best proggresiv releases this year...

tribal vision proof that they have really great plans for the future...just look in the booklet how many releases are waiting for us...ihaaaaa

but this cd really fits my taste...

very smooth and easy...perfect for homelistening and a sunny party afternoon..

i like almost all tracks, but the reall killers (is it alloud to use this word in progressiv?..lol) are for me:

ticon!!!, minilogue, jaia, flowjob..

reall bombs..

way to go slater and schwa

cheers
rumble pack/natural flow

http://www.rumble-pack.ch
Davor/Shuma
SHUMA

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Jun 1, 2005 13:16
Quote:

On 2005-06-01 11:59, uvego wrote:
nice compilation...well balanced, soft&light...

LEO is my favorit here...
...and i think Dino Psaras can make rmx of Shuma - Ellectro track

maybe would be interested combination

but its gonna get M.O.S., lennox, frederik flanger, species remixes and some other that i can`t remember right now
olivier
Side-A

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jun 1, 2005 15:04
very nice compilation
no bad track, just good music from beginning 'till the end
my preferences goes to jaia,ticon, minilogue ,rai and flowjob
perfect music for sunny afternoon in festivals
one of the best proggy compilation this year
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Jun 2, 2005 22:40
V/A - Lime Light [Tribal Vision 2005] CD

Tribal Vision emerged late in 2004 as one of the most promising new labels releasing progressive psytrance, capping off a great year for the style. With their second release entitled Lime Light, Slater and Schwa return to provide another top-notch offering. Once again, the packaging featuring distinct artwork, an eight page booklet with information on each artist, and a binder insert marked with BPMs for all the DJs. With a full 78 minutes of sound on the CD, there's no question this is a high-quality release! So how is the music?

Jaia vs French Kisz open the compilation with Drifting Planet, which is pure beach trance. The intro here is luxuriously long, peppered with small hints of melody and an atmospheric guitar strike that helps give this track its sexy groove. A slinky beat kicks in close to the two minute mark, laden with raw bass pulsations that nicely texturize the proceedings. Detailed work on the percussive strata is heard all throughout the song, with all sorts of tweaks and tricks evoking unique results. A lush breakdown hits in the very middle of the track, opening up the sound with some soft chords, invoking that cozy mood that makes this music so enjoyable. The return gives another chance for that guitar chord to shimmer and shine, and fully engages my attention in the small details that soon emerge. In the true sense of progressive trance, several hooks are saved for the very last moments, when the bass goes through a euphoric pitch shift, and a vocal sample leads the track to a fine conclusion. I really enjoy the mood and evolution of this tune, which has instantly become a favourite from this disc.

Rai returns with a second offering on Tribal Vision entitled Liquid. This deep treat is as silky smooth as Groove was last year, with an aptly simple name that compliments that flowing vibes of the track itself. There's not too much to say here - this is really easygoing and straight, no twists or surprises. Another relaxing tune for the beach, made with quality. Very enjoyable and liable to get stuck in your head from time to time.

Next up: well-known progressive act Vision & Canedy drop in with Collected Vibes - a very linear track, with strong tribal textures. Now, this is what I call "too progressive". I can't maintain attention long enough to really tap into whatever's happening here, since it doesn't seem like much. Fine background beats, but I'd get very bored with this if I heard it out at a party. In fairness, I've never liked anything from this artist before, so if you've got an established appreciation for this project, perhaps it will appeal to you.

Son Kite's club-friendly side project Minilogue appear with a track licensed from Baroque Records entitled Leloo. The beats and groove will be familiar to anyone who has sampled the Colours album and Seb's Kooler project. A few features: expert production, crispy sounds, powerful tribal drums, intelligently manipulated samples from the Fifth Element, and a deep sinuous bass line. All of it builds towards the huge breakdown following the halfway point. This is the stuff anthems are made of - there's no use describing it. Simply massive!

Flowjob provide Cloud Politics for the fifth track on this disc. Their production skills have really grown to compliment the sound of fellow Danish artists Frogacult and Psyless Groove. The percussion is all very tight and enjoyable, with warm bass pads keeping the lower frequencies grooving. This particular track operates on a more subliminal level than their past exploits, maintaining an excellent flow through-out. A notable break near the end introduces some very sleek work with the atmospheres, after which a subtle segment revives some slightly more vibrant overtones, before coming to a smooth finish. Essentially, if you enjoy Frogacult - you'll surely enjoy this. More quality music from Denmark.

Holm & Andersen's Cityrain is the longest piece on the album, though I'd argue the length isn't deserved for this piece. This is plain progressive trance, warm and analog sounding, with the usual chords and such to provide some melodic interaction. The arrangement leaves something to be desired however, as it plods along through the minutes without becoming more than mildly engaging. Overusing the sample also detracts from what enjoyment might be had with this one. I think these veterans can do much better.

Ticon delivers an incredible summer anthem with Reflections, the fastest piece on the album at 135 bpm. It is a curious metamorphosis this act has gone through, emerging with an appealing blend of electro sounds and epic trance vibes, all while retaining their trademark production quality standards. The carefree atmosphere developed here is inviting to the listener - layers build with delicate slowness in the beginning, slowly unwrapping a serene soundscape filled with beautiful shimmering noises. Bass key changes and snare rolls euphorically signal dynamic new changes in the storyline, leading into harmonious rhythm sequences which are sure to conjure wide smiles everywhere. The breakdown is pure class, taking more than a few influences from the halcyon era of trance with a backing tone that keeps you hanging while hints of melody unravel one by one. The last half is just as good, with a coherent replay of sounds and techniques first exposed before the break. I've personally seen this tune work some magic on the dancefloor - it's just what people want, come summertime. Overall, a brilliant piece of work!

Leo's Music Design Revolutions goes deeper, with an infectious bass line and some tribal touches to the proggy groove. Everything here sounds rather slick and polished, with a futuristic edge. While the song is stylish, it does lack something in terms of composition that leaves it a little uninteresting at times. The crowd response to this track was rather sedate when I threw it on at an event not so long ago - so chances are this is better saved for the very early hours, or a specific kind of crowd. There's no question this is an artist to watch for however, as this first appearance shows a great deal of potential. I have the feeling this may grow on me over time...

Shuma closes the album with Illektro Music, a name which aptly describes the sound. There is no specific sign of a psychedelic influence here - as far as I can tell, this is straight-up electro. I suppose it's a fine tune for what it is, but I couldn't admit that this track actually holds any substantial appeal to my taste. Contrarywise, neither does it offend my ears. It makes for a bland finale to the compilation.

Tribal Vision have compiled another fine progressive album with their release of Lime Light. While Urban Legends showcased a wider range of psychedelic progressive, this compilation focuses more on the deep summer grooves, with some notable successes. For the most part, I don't enjoy the portions of this release that go "straight", as one may refer to it. This includes the tracks from Vision & Canedy, Holm & Andersen, Leo, and Shuma. These are all well produced tracks in the progressive vein, but they lack a vital spark that would lend some excitement to the listening experience. The rest is quite good however, with some key tracks really standing out! Ticon, Jaia vs French Kisz, and Minilogue all deliver excellent material - anthemic at times - while Flowjob and Rai provide more sublime material that does not disappoint. Another winner from Tribal Vision, a label which continues to show a strong effort with this excellent second compilation.

Faves: 1(!), 2, 4, 5, 7(!)
Rating: 7/10
Dai
IsraTrance Junior Member
Dai aka Amatti

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jun 3, 2005 23:06
Tribal vision is favorite label now. Quality compilation, no filler. Shuma track, kickass.           Tell me what you listen, and I'll tell you what you are.
http://www.brainbusters.info
http://www.psytribe.com
KuKulKan

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jun 4, 2005 09:56
Excellent level quality of Progressive Trance!

Congratulations for Tribal Vision, keep this work up

Favs: 1, 3, 5(!), 7           ::: Dance when you're broken up, Dance when you're perfectly free, Dance in your Blood :::
psyreviews
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  71
Posted : Jun 8, 2005 12:05
Various

Lime Light

Tribal Vision (Czech Republic)

Following on from the rather wonderful debut Urban Legends, the case for progressive trance as being the must interesting and high-quality sub genre in 2005 is furthered with this staggering release. The return of Jaia continues to be much source for celebration, teaming up here with French Kisz on the 126bpm Drifting Planet: attentive and slinky, it comes alive and drifts along like nothing else I’ve heard, and all at the perfect late-morning beery dancing tempo. Rai’s Liquid is an awesome find, right from the outset you know it’s going to be a classic, and in all fairness this deserves to be a massive summer hit across dancefloors all summer – it might even get Sasha back off his current electro-bestiality kick. Smooth stabs and euflurric rushes move up and down, moving perfectly to the break where it picks up some epic (and I mean epic) chords. Turn it up. Vision & Canedy’s Collected Vibes is a more muted affair, it sits nicely in the mix and it’s very good fun to mix about with. Minilogue are up next with Leeloo, an astonishing track that’s just as overflowing with quality as you’d expect from the Son Kite side-project. It’s an adorable structure of hooks, loops and vocals, themes and subthemes, and it’s worked and massaged into a smooth, heavenly tripping daisy of a breakdown before dropping back in again and persistently blowing you away some more. Flowjob’s Cloud Politics has a monster break at its centre, almost long enough to go to the toilet and come back before it thunks back in again, with one of the best drops I’ve heard all year. The quality continues with Cityrain from Holm & Andersen, driven along by a vocal hook to an airy, expansive breakdown. Then things get a bit electro, then a bit dirty house, before taking in extremely simple and effective melodies that edge the tune in a more psychedelic direction. Seeing the word “Ticon” on the back of a CD is pretty much a reason enough to buy it, and in the case of Reflections, well…. You have to hear it. You just have to. Perfect. Fucking. Track. It does exactly what you want it to when you want it to, but it also does so much more. It’s from another planet, seriously. It’s that bloody good. Leo’s Music Design Revolution follows, with the emphasis on textures lifting it from a low-set groove and then easing it back down again, and finally Shuma’s Illektro Music starts with promise to be an outstanding breaksy tune, but somehow turns into a very Son Kite-y trance tune that’s fine in its own right, but doesn’t quite stand up against the other tacks on offer here. All in all this is a damn fine album, with a commendable mix of established and new artists. It’s now quite up there with Urban Legends for my money, but the sheer brilliance of the Jaia, Rai and Ticon tracks alone make it pretty much essential.

- - - - - -

http://www.psyreviews.com
Glen.C (Iboga Rec)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Jun 8, 2005 17:41
Lime Light (Tribal Vision Records) 2005 (TVRCD002)

1. Jaïa Vs. French Kisz – Drifting Planet
2. Rai – Liquid
3. Vision & Canedy – Collected Vibes
4. Minilogue – Leloo
5. Flowjob – Cloud Politics
6. Holm & Andersen – Cityrain
7. Ticon – Reflections
8. Leo – Music Design Revolution
9. Shuma – Illektro Music

First up is a great French combo… something to get the juices flowing for that Jaia album coming soon from DS. It’s a nice slow groove with a house feel. Drifting morning sounds and guitar cords are peaked with a sweet lead line that has wonderful key changes reminiscent of early trance. A great morning tune, one of the highlights of the CD.

Rai’s offering is a laid back number which is a good progressive track. Not a huge amount to say here as this track doesn’t have many standout features, but that’s not to say it isn’t a good track, played in the right set at the right time and it will no doubt keep the dance floors attention and get some arse shaking.

Vision and Canedy up next and this is tribal progressive and rather straight forward track. I’ve been a big fan of theirs for a while but this track fails to light my fire, maybe worked in well by a good DJ my opinion would change, but at present you wouldn’t hear me play this. It’s not a bad track, just repetitive with out direction.

So on to Seb and Marcus’s progressive side line Minilogue, one of my top acts out there give us a monster, huge kicks and giant hooks with a massive break down. You get the idea. I’ve been caning this on 12” for months so nothing new to say, nice to hear a CD release though.

Flowjob offer up a smooth and tight track with crisp production, deep bass pads, and sweet atmospherics. This is a warm hypnotic track in the style you can expect from the Danes, again another strong track on this great CD.

Next up is a long and interesting track from a couple of old timers, Holm & Andersen. Nice groove and bass but it seems to get a bit stuck in places… I really can’t make my mind up about this one, Think I need to hear this loud!

On to those masterful artists, Ticon. This is sure to be a huge hit with the open air parties this summer… a real corker. With typical class production, a wicked rhythm section, lush atmospheres and an intriguing melody workout, this is another class act to give another good reason why you have to have this CD.

Leo… a tune that just turns me off. I’m not sure why, there is a clean progressive workout going on, but I just don’t get it. But to be fair I’ve only listened to this track once, so it may grow on me!

Last but no means less… Shuma. These guys have really taken off at the moment and I’m very interested in their development. This track starts with some nice breakbeats before blasting of with a cracking bass line in the 4/4 section. Very electro style lead and stabs. This reminds me of a Ticon track and some Son Kite track too. I think it’s quite pumping stuff and it went down very well when I played it last weekend. Top tune.

So my favs 1, 5, 7, 9… although I enjoy the whole CD. Well done Tribal Vision for a very interesting progressive release! 8/10

http://www.facebook.com/GlenC.IbogaRecords
http://www.myspace.com/gleniboga
www.iboga-records.dk
Spikers & Midinoize - Lisbon Hooker (Glen C rmx) coming soon on Earhead Audio
mono mono
Onnomon

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jun 8, 2005 19:30
Track 6, the Holm & Anderson track, has a wicked rhythmic feel to it. As a DJ, i'd come in after the 1st minute and probably go out a few minutes before the end. The groove factor is very high, probably the most interesting rhythms on the album.

The Jaia/French Kisz track is the most lyrical and melodic and also stands out.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A – Lime Light (Tribal Vision Records 2005) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance