Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Inner Circle (Tribal Vision 2005) CD
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Inner Circle (Tribal Vision 2005) CD

Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Sep 27, 2005 15:05
Good COMP!           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
djmeghan
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Sep 29, 2005 19:09
I just got this one last week. My favorite track would have to be Shaman’s remix of Corrosive Juices. I also like the original version. I can’t say that I like one better than the other…they’re both awesome tracks!! Other tracks on here that I like are 4, 5, 8 and 10.           http://www.psylicious.com
http://3rdeyesqueegee.com
http://www.facebook.com/djmeghan
http://www.soundcloud.com/dj-meghan
clown
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 06:19
Really Great compilaiton. something very new for Tribal Vision and i think its a step in the right direction..

Starts off with a little intro, that leads right into the first track of Inner Circle.

Beat Bizzare gets things remixed by Shaman as starts things up with a more proggressive side, but with a funky housy bounce in the opening of the track. As it moves on, it gets more and more trancy with some really sleek sounds. Something i'd definatly mix at a party..

POTS came as a big surprise to me since i haven't really heard music from them in a while. I really had no idea what to expect from this track. Starts off kinda dark and groovy. i love the percussions in this one.. and the electroish buzz is wicked. the bassline is very original in this one and they use it well with the rest of the sounds in this song. One of my favorites on the compilation.. Look out for there upcomming album.

Parrket comes forth with a something a little heavyer. Its an overall good track with some cool hat patterns. This track is very progressive and rather slow at some points, but it develops very well as a whole..

Kalimax slow's things down another notch. This track isn't the best track of the album, but its a good listen at home while doing some homework.. hehehe..

Ouu lala.. this one's hot.. Prosect stings us all again. Great bass and kick, i love the melodies and the effects, wow.. The buildup's are just incredable.. the intensity of this one is about as high as you can get.. You can really tell when someone has real musical talent.. my hats are off for this track.. and just when you don't epect it, it turn's into epic trance.. "It begins very simply, it begins......with a house" .. this song takes yet another turn, into something a little more tribal and starts building up intensity again.. im telling you, this track is very interesting.. Would be awsome to see a Triac + Prosect track... i can definatly see some resemblances and the blend would be awsome..

Well, after that last track, our brain is kinda fucked, so no one really has a chance to sound good.. Here comes NASA as he gives it a try.. and it might be because of that last track, but this one doesn't come close. Its not really my cup of tea at all. It sounds very nice and all, just isn't me right now..

Ok, now we move on to the real deal again, Human Blue sets the mood again, as things darken up again. This track just has that magical feel to it. Its probably the deepest of them all you'll find here. I really like this one.

Next up is Etnoscope.. This is the type of track that you'd like if you have never heard Etnoscope before.. it even has those trademark Tamtam's too.. haha I love those. a good track to dance, not too heavy, not to soft..

To finish things off is nobody better than Tegma. They have really increased there kick since the first album. I really like what they have done. it has a techtrance feel to it and its definatly my style. I really like the hollow kick and creepy sounds that build up the power.. a top notch track !

Well, that was really something.. This album serves up a little taste of everything all blended up into 10 tracks. Each track pushing towards a different sound, keeping the listener entertained. I am really happy about this release because some tracks almost sound like techtrance..

Favorie tracks are 1, 3, !!6!!, !!8!!, 10

Enjoy !
          "VA - REWIRED" OUT NOW !! (techtrance invasion) ---> http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/86303/forum/9
http://psy.techno.fm <------- Jester Records's Internet Radio channel
www.jesterrecords.ca
PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 13:46
Tribal Vision Records is a progressive trance label based in the Czech Republic. A very productive label for sure, that has released three compilations in less than one year! And looking at their schedule, there are still a lot to look forward to within this year. It is compiled by Slater and Schwa.

Inner Circle (Tribal Vision Records) 2005 (TVRCD003)

1. Intro by Mladen Glavinic
2. Beat Bizarre – Corrosive Juices (Shaman Remix)
3. Pots – Pole Position Club
4. Parrket – Science In My Mind
5. Kalimax – Demons
6. Prosect – Sonified
7. Nasa – Sloppy Noodle
8. Human Blue – Screwdriver
9. Etnoscope – Fast Licking
10. Tegma – No Time

I like the way this label gives us various styles within progressive trance. Here we get techy progressive, electro influenced progressive and more trippy progressive. As we can see on the the cool cover art of this CD, it takes a bit darker direction than the previous two compilations. As usual, they have mostly really big, good names from the progressive scene here, like Human Blue, Parrket, Etnoscope and Tegma, but also some of their newcomers who has come up with some fresh, nice tracks lately, such as Prosect and Kalimax. Sweden has put themself on top of the progressive map many years ago, and are strongly represented here too. Actually half of the compilation is made by Swedish artists! There should be something for several different tastes here. Personally I have many favourites. The one I like the most is the great hypnotic Parrket track, which is one of the coolest tracks I have heard this year. Also very nice is the trippy, floating Kalimax track, which should create a massive vibe on the dance floors wordwide

Tribal Vision Records has definately become one of the best progressive trance labels out there. It’s also nice to see a label that give us something more for a change. Here we get a nice booklet wit a lot of interesting reading about the artists, and funny graphics mixed with pictures. Recommended for those of you who are looking for some new, fresh progressive music!
PKS

More reviews at:

http://www.trance.net           CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 15:25
Solid stuff. You should get this if you're into deep (and somewhat darker) progressive. Nice work. Only thing I don't get is everyone going on a about the Etnoscope track. I find it to be the most dull track on here.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Oct 5, 2005 18:42
I've listened to this sooo much since it came in. Finally got my review finished today. Isratrance doesn't permit editing after the fact for very long, and there may be some typos... but I wanted to slip this in while the release is still fresh. Here are the words:

---

Slater & Schwa have been doing a great job of compiling a diverse cross-section of deeper psychedelic vibes over this past year. Inner Circle is their third release, once again featuring fantastic cover artwork, plenty of artist information in the liner notes, and a fully stocked CD with 73 minutes of music. The thematic approach this time is a darker view of the progressive psychedelic sound, although the end result isn't quite what I thought it would be. Whereas dark progressive usually resorts to a minimalist approach to achieve the inherent aim, the material found on Inner Circle remains resolutely entrancing. I'll skip the inoffensive intro and cut straight to the chase; let me take you on a tour of the Inner Circle...

Shaman's remix of Corrosive Juices by Beat Bizarre really kicks the compilation off to a quality start. I've not been much of a Beat Bizarre fan, perhaps because their specific style is most often served up as a whole album. Shaman's take on a single track is a great way to introduce the mood of the compilation though. This is highly hypnotic progressive trance that builds power through the slow rising activity of detailed and subtle sound particles. Everything is nice and crisp, standing out from the breezy drum layers with precise poignancy. A very fine opening suitable for early evening sets and deeper morning moments when transitioning out of the dark of night.

Prisoners of the Sun deliver a slice of their darker side with Pole Position Club, another hypnotic vision that drags the listener deeper into the labyrinth. The artists are experts in percussive manipulation and manage to show a lot of class with the arrangement of the beat in this one. There is a slick and confident power at work here, chunky rhythms with an easy grace that punch through the speakers with a satisfyingly dirty slapping sound. In the introduction a preview of a key atmospheric droning sound is made - it later returns close to the fourth minute to impose a grim mood that elegantly compliments the tribal-textured drums. Pole Position Club possesses the rare tech noir sound that I have a particular fondness for, elevating it in my view to a great piece of melancholic music.

Parrket initially came to my attention through the very first Tribal Vision release entitled Urban Legends. I wasn't particularly impressed by his work then, but Science in my Mind is changing my opinion. The track title becomes an electro voice sample that repeats in several key segments throughout the pumping progressive flow. The percussion is very well-suited to the song, showing skill and originality - especially with the cycling drum sounds in the major break, running off rhythms like a dot matrix printer. Hypnotic atmospheres once again lace the song with an appealing background presence. The lead melody that emerges after several minutes of tension-building pulls at the heart strings with a sad mystique. Intelligent arrangement is displayed in the final run, as all the key themes return for the most powerfully emotional sequence of the journey. This is easily the best from Parrket yet, surprising me with a great arrangement and a strikingly thoughtful atmosphere.

Kalimax continues the flow of the compilation very nicely with Demons, another brooding hypnotic work of trance. The minute long intro is a lush preview of things to come! The song carries on with a cold pulsating beat in the Scandinavian style for a while, slowly integrating sweet atmospheres with dramatic transitions. Echoing into the void, a gorgeous female vocal ushers in the new act: beautiful emotional melodic sweeps that cascade down from the stratosphere. Reaching the breakdown in a mysterious mood, the track takes a darker twist with chilling notes that flare up from the depths. The final minutes, after the understated return, let the listener drift off, never building beyond the strength of emotion expressed in the heart of this moving journey. Though the arrangement is dissimilar to trance standards, I really enjoy this track. Harmonically mixing out of the last two minutes is sure to yield powerful results on the dancefloor.

Prosect provides a more upbeat tune while continuing the flow of the compilation with Sonified. Details proliferate across the sound field as little percussive tricks intersect with snarling melodic fragments in the first few minutes. Clear melodies finally arrive in the third, already well-supported by a churning foundation of appealing noises. A lengthly and luscious breakdown early on ushers in a funky return after a sample plays: "it beings very simply - it begins with a house"... and then the foundation is poured: a sticky clattering array of percussion that grooves on for a while. Next comes the framework as the song accumulates atmospheric texture and melodies that drive the track onward to a second big break. On it flows with the installation of all final fixtures, smoothly flowing into the outro with some very epic sounds at work. This approach is tricky to pull of, but Prosect have managed it. My only reservation concerns the production quality, which isn't as deep as some of the other songs on the compilation. Nonetheless, that's hardly much of a drawback! Another great track.

NASA's Sloppy Noodle continues the artist's string of compilation appearances with a deep and original sound character. Primarily relying on small sound particles, somewhat on the minimal side, this style is vividly sophisticated and crafted with attention to detail. Tribal textured percussion and smoothly flowing underwater effects give the track a hazy organic atmosphere, while low pads that swoop upward bring on a cosmic vibe. While there aren't any key hooks to make this a highlight, the depth of production ensures the quality of this song, which will surely be useful in a variety of sets, and sounds wonderful in the context of the compilation.

Human Blue provides Screwdriver, returning to provide inspiration for the darker side of psychedelic progressive. While his last album was unabashedly epic and earned the praises of top trance DJs everywhere, this is digging much deeper. The percussion is so intricate and dramatic, with an irresistable teasing groove accentuated by sleek ethereal sounds that surge up from the abyssal strata. Freaky riffs come tumbling down from the heights to deliver a paranoid mood, setting the listener on edge. Maintaining a steady flow and a masterful poise throughout, Dag Wallin manifests a high-class piece of sophisticated dark progressive trance. Fantastic work!

Etnoscope is up next with Fast Licking, a pleasant yet plain fusion of tribal trance with electro lines, sounding closer to Ticon's modern style than their own debut album from 2004. There isn't much to say here - it's smooth but uneventful, though the tribal drums are as appealing as ever. Etnoscope move unpredictably from an anthem like Screamer Slice to diet soda versions of their unique style with tracks such as this and Pannalized. Despite not being as exciting as some of their better tracks, this one is still solid material. It's not bad at all, but this could have used a few hooks and a more dynamic arrangement.

Tegma returns after the recent release of their excellent second album with a new track in their increasingly original style: No Time. The kick is the first thing you will notice on this one - it is hard and distorted, and manipulated to no end. Rough and dirty bass riffs begin to throb in the seething underbelly of this monster as it really gets going. Nearing the half-way point the title sample initiates a flurry of bubbling activity, with fluttering sound particles rapidly moving across the sound field as energetic riffs creep and sneak above that deadly beat. A huge crowd-pleasing build-up comes rolling in soon enough, rocking back into the hard groove with more slick tricks. Tegma provide a ripping dancefloor bomb to end off this gem of a compilation!

In essence, Tribal Vision have done it again. Their consistent high level of quality while showcasing different styles of deep psychedelic trance has escalated them to the higher echelons of trance labels. Inner Circle is a great piece of work that flows smoothly as a whole listening experience, while providing maximum value for all the DJs out there. As a DJ myself, there isn't a single song on the CD that I wouldn't play out - all will have their moments on the dancefloor or in a mixed set. That is impressive and nearly unprecedented. Slater and Schwa clearly have a finely-tuned ear for great music, and Inner Circle is proof. Highly recommended for all psychedelic trance fans!

Faves: 2, 3(!), 4, 5, 6, 8(!), 10
Rating: 9/10
-Abatwa-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Oct 6, 2005 05:36
yup a solid progressive psychedelic compilation, the sort of stuff that doesnt come out everyday. I've been listening to this everyday since I first got my hands on it.

Tracks that standout for me:
2,6,9,10           `Bottomless wonders spring from simple rules, which are repeated without end` Mandelbrot
Dai
IsraTrance Junior Member
Dai aka Amatti

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Oct 9, 2005 00:54
Tribal Vision never dissapoint me, always gives me such a delight, I like Etonoscope track the most, such a solid groove.           Tell me what you listen, and I'll tell you what you are.
http://www.brainbusters.info
http://www.psytribe.com
Suspekt
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  64
Posted : Oct 9, 2005 09:07
Tribal Vision’s new compilation “Inner Circle” continues their impressive run of releases in 2005. This time focusing on a darker, more brooding Tribal Vision sound, Inner Circle represents the other side of this successful Czech label. Driving basslines, minimal influences and tribal percussive grooves that lend to both the night and day ensure the latest release is a pick for any DJ or home listener.

The introduction is provided by Mladen Glavinic (better known for his innovative act Parrket) and provides a moody opening tune for the compilation. This guy definitely has some varied stuff, always out of left field and not what u expect. Nice intro that sets the tone of the compilation perfectly. Next up is the Shaman remix of Beat Bizzarre’s “Corrosive Juices”. Loved Shaman’s last album, but I must say I’m not so impressed with the direction he is taking lately. This track is a bit of a redeemer somewhat; definitely better than the last one he released that’s for sure. Nice pairing of Beat Bizarre and Shaman, techy futuristic feel. Not as dark as the original, but I like it better.

The next offering by POTS is an absolute landmark tune; these guys are really on fire right now. Can’t wait for the album!!! Wicked tribal percussions over a daytime hustle bassline. Made to make you move, one of the highlights for sure. Parrket does well to follow it up with one of the best tracks they have released “Science in my Mind”. Banging innovative and original progressive music. Really large lead noises and a thumping bassline at a cruising 134 BPM. Nice stuff.

New artist Kalimax are continue the quality with a nice daytime cruiser “Demons”. Hovering bassline with smashing stabs and sounds and a winding psychedelic feel. Definitely an act to watch for sure. Also relatively new to the scene is Prosect, from Israel. Andy has 3 projects and Prosect is his most psychedelic and powerful. His sound doesn’t really conform to some sort of “formula”; he has a very unique style. “Sonified” has scattery leads and big reverbed percussion and probably the best track I’ve heard from him under this name (I really like his Sonify project personally). Tribal Vision has done well to include these 2 newcomers.

NASA has been releasing a bit lately as well; his style seems to have changed quite a bit from the minimal NASA of old though. Much more emphasis on rhythms and soundscapes- “Sloppy Noodle” does manage to retain some of the feel of the older NASA releases though, which is refreshing. Nice to see he hasn’t lost touch with his roots. Human Blue are another name I’ve been hearing lots of good things about on the grapevine. “Screwdriver” is one of the best tracks on the album I’d have to say. Driving and tribal, with a crunchy minimal twist. Nice night time progressive, leaves me wanting to hear more by these guys.

I really liked “Drums From the Dawn of Time”, Etnoscope’s last album. Really landmark stuff, with full live tribal percussive section and stuff. I wasn’t as impressed with “Fast Licking”; it does fit well into the compilation well tho. It doesn’t have the bass-end of the older Etnoscope stuff, so it just didn’t catch my ear as much. Tegma on the other hand- while I really didn’t like their last album (although Encoded:Decoded is a classic for me) this track (and their last one on the Moonflower compilation Grand Avenue) have restored my faith in the act. The closing track is the most powerful track on the album, driving bass with epic leads and synths- a track for the morning the when the dust is rising and the dance floor is flailing. Wicked stuff that closes the comp perfectly.

Overall, another solid-as-rock release from the Tribal Vision crew, affirming their status as one of the leading progressive labels in the world right now. Really commendable effort with the packaging and slips for the djs etc- makes buying the cd all that much more worth while. Wickid cover art as per usual too... All their compilations have managed to retain a nice “theme”, carrying a particular sound throughout the comp. This one is no different, with the darker more tribal trance sound of Tribal Vision becoming evident. Well done Slater and Schwa for compiling another killer compilation.

7.5/10

Highlight Tracks 3, 4, 8, 10

Review by Jesse Kuch

Open Records, Australia

www.open-records.net
Paladin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jan 10, 2006 15:33
HUGE CONGRATS to Slater & Schwa!!!!!
This comp really rocks!!
I played three tracks from this in my set in the progressive room at the Tribe of Frog(www.tribeoffrog.net) New Years Eve psy trance party and the dancefloor went ballistic. Which tracks? Prosect, NASA, and Etnoscope, but to be honest this comp is so good I could have played the POTS, Human Blue, Beat Bizarre remix, or Tegma tracks somewhere in my set and they would have gone off too!!
Nice to see POTS returning with something way less minimal and with nice techno overtones! The only track which didn't really do it for me was the Kalimax track, not that its bad but the rest are just better!
I have to disagree with a comment further above and say I don't feel Slater & Schwa did put fillers on this comp...it really feels to me that they tried to be quite innovative in putting out a comp that would be different to Urban Legends and Lime Light(particularly!) and fair play to them for doing varied releases...a breath of fresh air in the prog scene!!!

MORE PLEASE!!!!           If you point your cart North,
when you want to go South,
How will you find The Way?
----Ryokan----
Paladin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jan 10, 2006 17:31
And I forgot to say.....

Tribal Vision WERE DEFINITELY the best (new) progressive label in 2005...well done in the poll guys and keep up the good work!!!

Take note other labels: varied & high quality comps are what we want!!!! If Tribal Vision can raise standards like this then so can other more established labels!

Ok rant over!!!           If you point your cart North,
when you want to go South,
How will you find The Way?
----Ryokan----
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Inner Circle (Tribal Vision 2005) CD
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance