Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Global Alliance [Fragile Planet Records FPRCD002]

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A Global Alliance [Fragile Planet Records FPRCD002]

bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 08:19
V/A GLOBAL ALLIANCE [Fragile Planet Records FPRCD002]
Compiled by DJ Chris Planet
Artwork by Ady Connor aka Scorb
mastered by cass @ wiredmasters.co.uk
http://www.fragileplanetrecords.com
distribution by Arabesque

global alliance indeed! 2 brits, 2 aussies, 2 french, brazil, south africa, and israel, we see the globe being shrunk down to a manageable size. this cd gives us a great view into the full on world that continues to grow, morph, and change with each weekend, each doof, each party! these tracks will suit your needs if you have reason to blast a dancespace with new sounds!

1. NRS - Byson -- a nice deep number from paul nrs here, a great start to the cd. a galloping bassline thumps away as various layers of space are cast out... trademark nrs sounds unfold, including some nice crisp buzzys and crunchys. a good tune to open a cd, or a set, would do well in the night, particularly outside where all those drums can be sent off into the sky. proper intro to start raising the energy which the rest of the cd keeps up and up.

2. scorb - tundra -- also a freshy from our man ady here... not only did he design the artwork for the album, which btw is very subtle and attractive... he has given us yet another incredible scorby tune! big warm pads and washes lead us into a thick space, then raising up the energy into a very very crisp and funky rolling jammy. all at once playful and twisted...love the keys on this, merging with the stretchy sounds that scorb does so well. great production, the many sounds seem to fade out and out and out further. as it builds and twists, someone squeezes the squeaking duck, and then it gets very trippy, a round shape-shifting buzzing acidline leads us into the best bendy vocal/frog movement i can recall! cascading and shiney, we're sent further into the depths and your knickers will be loosened, your brain feeling the power, we get the zooming epic leadline that you can expect from mr. scorb... the final 2 minutes are tingles up the spine, just about perfect.

3. winter demon - time attack -- a flute and a gated woman singer lead us in, before you know it youre sent deep into a stomping, zingy soundscape... lots of attitude, lots of power, dare i say morning power!? a couple things always happening at once... building up and up, raving it up, getting up, basically shooting you up through a streaky tunnel, superpower leads, stabs, hair standing on end, deep bass runs underneath all the twisty and jumping synths and ramps. the last movement has an extra grindy layer and just builds it further up, basically a stomping morning blastoff kind of tune! winter demon has come a long way imho, since some of his early releases, or unreleases... nice one.

4. principles of flight - lava frog -- a new name to me, PoL comes in with a neat soundscape, and then straight to the funk. im instantly impressed with the variety of sounds laid out here, one right after another, all right in place, and as it grows, im losing track of where we have been, it keeps moving! insane crispy stretches and somehow all of it fits into this warm musical styley that gives it just the right amount of warmth, not just a pile of fx. ! look out its a giant 4 headed lava frog!!!! it gets kinda strange next, bendy and slowing down, we are bouncin away and keeping track of the ground but our brains are melting. 'round 4 minutes it gets serious, basically shredding, just the right amount of grind and go! it slows down somehow and gets more trippy before spacing back out, i cant even write about how many changeups, buildups, and simply blasting moments are in this one track alone. very promising first release!

5. psychoactive - stick ya disco -- after a recent stormer of a tune on ketuh's hyperspatial chrysalis, we get another from steve barr, australien. straight out from the start we can tell this is going to be a stonkin zoomer. and for those of you that dont know the word stonk, its like stomp, only it makes you make that smelly fart face. only in a good way.
so, that said, im 2 minutes in and my fingers are typing faster than ever, thick rolling deep bassline and slightly crispy leads, with layers in the back coming round the side and back out the front. 3 minutes it gets even more crispy with zippy acid and driving deepness like an underwater porsche with snorkel bongs installed. just before we hit 5 mins we get some samples that are delayed out to lead us further into the seriously crunchy groove thats been pumping on. 5:30 we get a bit of ravin stab notes which only serve to lift the whole thing up, this beast is grooving out of control, only its perfect. the sounds spread out further and theres enough space to breathe but your mind will say holyfuckinshitewhatjusthappenedmate! i mean, whoosh!

6. killer buds - behind u -- yet another from the KB sound factory. these guys certainly know how to make party blasters. this one is no exception... some may argue that all thier tunes sound the same and i cant disagree, but out of the context of all the rest of thier tunes, we have this one, which by itself sounds pretty decent. rolling bass with delayed leads and lots of builds and drops, a cyber atmosphere, zooming on and up. just seems less trippy than the rest somehow.

7. shift - cypher jabbawokkee -- while somehow i havent heard shifts recent album, i just know that he is continuing to put out full power sounds like some insomniac mad scientist. trademark zippy leads and all systems go style here. lazers in effect and a full twisting bouncing stomping jam is presented effortlessly, we're deep in it and at about 330 we are told "theres a difference between a trap and a test" "that means i wasnt dreaming"... i guess you gotta have a sample in there somewhere... well after that bit, we go further into the blasting ravey style. only further. and then zooming on, im trying to grasp the intensity, its playful but still in your face. an extra gooey buzzing lead comes in to thicken the mix, and the whole thing just storms. like a force, only stronger.

8. phatmatix - pyroman -- so, a pyro is one who starts fires, this track is no exception. growing and morphing up for the first minute and a half, next thing we are in the middle of a sticky and stretchy cyberworkout. triskell always brings us very full and complex sounds, this is no exception! is it strange that i can hear the french sound in there? we get back to some morning streaky leads. then zippy ka boom the next thing you know its 5 minutes later and the track is still jamming on! complete and satisfying to the end.

9. mr. peculiar - funny mushrooms -- i guess its been a while since we heard from mr. peculiar, recently had an album release and apparently he's been busy in the studio. this one gets back to the more morning style and we are treated to a groovy jam with plenty of life and heart to keep us bouncing into the day! might need another bite of those "funny mushrooms!" and then onward into the rest of the track, where some nice warm long pads come in under the subdued acid, and enough space to give us a moment to breathe before lifting up everyones hands and getting ready for the morning blastoff style anthemic movement, and leading out with a nice long fade.

overall a great comp from fragile planet. for my taste the leaders here are 2, 4, 5, 8.
hope this shows everyone that FP is well established and determined to release only solid material with quality packaging and tight mastering.

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4869

www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
gaspard
Yab Yum

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 10:42
great compilation!
my favourites are the principles of flight, the psychoactive and the phatmatix tracks which in my opinion really take it away!!
keep 'em coming Chris!!
          Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Terry Pratchett
Dj Chris Planet
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 11:37
Thanks for the review BSM its a cracker and quite funny to. I'm really glad you liked it,
Peace
          Let us take you on a journey, that will take you from are small world stage and orbit you beyond our fragile planet......
Psychoactive

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 20:48
Yet another very articulate and informative review. Nice work, thankyou for your kind comments, will try to keep the standard as high as possible. Killer comp all round we have been blessed with the quality of tunes and artists, that have given us the privildge of letting us release their work. Peace steve.
Psychoactive

Posted : Jul 14, 2005 20:50
oops
Psychoactive

Posted : Jul 14, 2005 20:50
oops
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 21:25
BSM you are a cracker!
And this comp is a corker
My full review comming soon . . . . . . .

www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

DONT SEND MP3 SAMPLES PLS!!!!!
daksinamurti
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  94
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 21:45
Nice Va was positively surprised
That Scorb track i could listen for days!!
Killer Buds ,Shift,Phatmatix very nice and useful

Good work hoping for more such solid releases
karmakanik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 21:53
dammit monkey you beat me to it!

got this in the mail yesterday, so i'm still just scratching the surface, but there are some very tasty chewns on here, and quite a solid line up!

for sure will be playing some of these a lot this summer. favorites so far are the scorb and shift tracks.

good work chris!
X-static

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 17, 2005 21:56
Wow! Very nice comp.! All my favorit artists on this one and I will defenetly look out for Princeples of Flight now!
All tracks are going so good with each other - nice flow (night -morning transition)!
Highlights for me: #2! , 4 ,6 ,7 , 8, 9~
Respect to Chris Planet and all the artists!!!
Ananda
Audiobrains

Started Topics :  62
Posted : Jul 18, 2005 21:20
As Usual a mindblowing review by BSM ..
Keep it up like this ..

I am not very good at reviewing .. unfortunately and wish to express my own feeling .

This compilation is definitely the following of the first one launched by FPR ..

This second opus is good .. the tracks selection is very fine and the whole cd is a total journey , that you need to experience

My preferences are .. Scorb , POF , Killer buds and my man Phatmatix ..

Keep up the good work Chris .. we want more           http://www.myspace.com/audiobrains
THE MONKEE

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jul 30, 2005 17:24
wow just got this baby and it rocks, couldnt believe the sound for a second comp. Lovin the psychoactive and scorb. well done boys looks like great thigs to come...           Why is chopsticks one of the easiest songs to play on the piano, but the hardest thing to eat with?
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Apr 13, 2008 01:22
Aha who says that OLD in not gold in psy trance, the best tracks from killer buds, shift and scorb come in this V/a .. these tracks still make me go NUTS !!!

If shift is looking,>> bro we need this same madness from you atleast once again.

boom to global alliance
           “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
psybox

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Apr 13, 2008 14:53
cipher jabwokke one hell of a track an unforgettable one
          "keep trancing"
Universal Serial Bus Station

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 13, 2008 16:06
Nice Compilation !
shift track is the best ever in my opinion !

Have a nice Sunday !           Stop Sex ... Make War !!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Global Alliance [Fragile Planet Records FPRCD002]

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance