Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A. - "Frequency Transmissions" (USP) CD 2007

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V.A. - "Frequency Transmissions" (USP) CD 2007

ILSE
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Aug 31, 2007 12:41
V.A. - "Frequency Transmissions" (USP) CD

01. Para Halu - Out of Space
w&p by Adam Hohmann, Hungary

02. Fearkiller - Swamp
w&p by Kirill Godovanyuk, Russia

03. Already Maged - Mr. Frog
w&p by Egor Yudin, Ukraine

04. Ocelot - Kaliflower
w&p by Aaron Peacock, USA

05. Kindzadza - Breezer
w&p by Leo Greshilov, Russia

06. Mubali meets Furious - Knights of Swing
w&p by Greg Farley and Nick Golutvin, USA/Russia

07. Kulu - Cosmic Mindwave
w&p by Dimitrios Kouloukourgiotis, Greece

08. Polykaos - dabardubar
w&p by Romolo Cherri and Dimitri, Greece

09. Xylamanda - Evilangelism
w&p by Miranda Collins and Amanda Karg, USA

10. Zenkatsu - Plasticat
w&p by Wladimir Kucera, Switzerland

Milosz and Karol are the main organizing crew of the Forgotten Ritual Festival just took place in Swiss I am just back from. These two very symphatic guys were taking so good care of me and all other took part and they are also responsible for the line up on this, their first compilation on their new founded label Underground Sound Productions. if i would just judge by the line up and the wonderful vibes of their event i am still amzed of, this seems to be a very very nice ride ...

first goodie came by Para Halu just headed by Adam it seems, who also played but with his former partner in Swiss. a very proper start for this disc. in typical hungarian manners he builds up a very psychedelic story to prepare for the upcoming trips. a strong rolling groove, maybe not their famous choice lately, but for sure has a smart atmosphere and the percussions kick in at the right moment. twisted lines coming in and soon the right kicks send you on a yourney, if there wouldnt be this long break ... understatement epic like . ... very good track without breaks, as they know so good build up a trip with the sensitive feeling for the moment it needs and it seems they do it damn easily ....

from Russia Fearkiller contributes with a well choosen track after adam. a mystic atmo starts up before
a decent groove keeps forcing me to take part while some weird effekts trippin in. smart build up with sparingly settet percussions. a few more changes wouldnt hurt till the first kick and original lead comes in. heads down and forward without being too compilcated he uses a few tricks and after almost the half, as i thought this is too less elements for me, he start it again and changes a bit direction and gets a bit more twisted. sample, kick and go on .. not my fav here, but nevertheless a good one.

Egor from Ukraine is one of my secret insider's tips lately. a phat groove wobbeling harsh from beginning and many squeeks and kreeks twisting me up from the very beginnnig. froggies and squeezed out effects playing with me. with the first kick he has me fully freaking, many different percussions fitting brilliant together and a few really catchy samples build a trippy gem here for me. delayed atmos and modulated leads all in one with this forcing baseline not possible to hesitate going with. the breaks he dont need to do and if he would go a bit more playful, finely spangled with a lot acids he might have created a monstertrack! here i found a fav of mine on this disc and for sure a goodie to tease the floor with!

Aaron Peacock, the woldtraveller and so multiproductive sympathic dude from USA has another twisted groover to take part with. in his typical settings he wears right from the beginning this helmet of the special tripped out ones .. very versed putted together percussions, baseline and leads as we know from his lab and as usual sounds like a whole thing wihtout wihtout nooks nor edges and an always forcing drive .. he does not need any breaks to keep the tension, he changes his build up without attracting attention but noticable and always catchy .. typical ocelot stomper!

Leo from Russia, no need to introduce this long time experienced professor of acidfancy on the dancefloors. he does not loose any time and twists me in with this deep groove and these shrilling effects. he has more feeling for an intelligent build up lately and catches you with each kick he has ready for you. No speedfreak anymore as you may know him for in the past, but for sure not less trippy and incontrovertible Leostyle. you have to see him playing in in the sun, ultracool and a burning floor guaranteed !

Greg from USA and the Nick from Russia found way together to produce a special acid piece to participate in the debut of the USP freaks. Too fast for my taste, but I am pitchable, and it makes no doubt this is a treat on its own! Very kicking, a deep phat groove and lots of titbits straggeling in and out. Acids splattering from left and right and with this russian morbid atmosphere spreaded, Greg has another killer influence to work with as well Nick now found a few more tricks, I am sure! A neverending drive don’t needs any breaks nor stupid tries to build up tension. A mad acidtreat!

The greek madness has its place in the line up now and unfortunately I had to leave too early on Forgotten Ritual to have the chance tasting Kulu’s set, and I know if I taste this goodie I missed a damn good one. A very deep baseline hits me and guides me to the greek spheres always have their special acidtaste as well. A well chosen build up to freak out on spirals creeping in from the backround. Like water dabbling the sounds keep a very psychoatmoshere with its kinda mystic touch till the very end. Also here a few more changes wouldn’t hurt so much, but nevertheless a great track!

Polykaos also from Greece and as Kulu has, they also have their very own atmosphere to trip out the dancefloor. A more smoother way of base but for sure not less driving. Squeezy samples and a gargling effects make sure from beginning what goal to attain. They don’t use too much elements to twist me around, and their feeling for the right kick reveals a good mind and the right taste for dancefloor use.
I know its not their best one, but this one for sure works great on any floor out there.

M.O.E. a group from USA so symphatic that psychedelic they are. These girls have a very special way to send you on a journey. This is an industrial treat on its own with scourging leads hitting me like sharp whips. I expected kinda epic break with very moldily flair, and there it is .. woah … this is massive! Not diggable for everybody it think, highly psychedelic with its sharp heavy whipping leads in this rough industrial treatment style we already know Xyla in solo project from. I love this shit, but I know also not everybody might be open enough for such specials.

Last track is by an artist I never heard before, Wladimir Kucera, judged by the name a native polish but living in Swiss, ends the disc in a special treat. A more sober way of minimal dark deep psy. Its as far not as fast as the whole disc appears and has less elements, but if you taste it twice and more you feel this trippy aspect he focuses on. a proper end for a ride of a disc. And I was told he played a very nice set on Forgotten Ritual too, what I missed also. Unfortunately.

In the end I have to say with the experience in the neck of this unforgettable festival the USP crew made coming true, this disc is a marvelous overview on what happened there. Throughout quality highly psychedelic music of some of the most demanded artists in this genre. And as these dudes from Swiss made it possible to join them all in this beautiful location to celebrate a special event of the highly tripped out nations, they convinced here with a wise compiled line up with really killer tracks on it. Enjoy this ride as I did, and any dj out there should find its goodie to tease the floor with. I did.

Thx for the music!

bOOm
101pigs

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Sep 2, 2007 14:34
got this cd at the amazing forgotten ritual.. it is for sure one of the best compils....... para halu, ocelot,, kdd!!! the rest is coool tooo. congrats, keep it growing!! peace

Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Sep 5, 2007 12:37
nice solid compilation!

kindzadza, furious mubali, polykaos(!!), kulu, fearkiller are the best... good stuff
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Sep 6, 2007 15:42
Btw the Kulu deserves a (!!) too deeeep soundzz
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Sep 7, 2007 19:09
nice review for this very intense cd... the para halu track, the percussion and the soundscapes are really deep. and the mubali vs furious... wow - the chaos really takes you places . the kdd track is great, really like the more psychedelic sound, even the hints of melodies in this one are special. overall its a great cd and a great way to open things up at usp. big boom to the label
-angad           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
mk47
Inactive User

Started Topics :  118
Posted : Sep 9, 2007 08:46
and where mite one purchase this cd ?
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Sep 9, 2007 13:45
DJ Milosz
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Sep 9, 2007 13:56
http://www.wirikuta.at/web66/product_detail.jsp;jsessionid=HBDJHDPCCGGH?showDetail=170109

mquirk1
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Sep 9, 2007 16:15
the mubali + furious track is pwning. really liking the output of mubali lately, this and the mubodhi track on anomalistic behaviors are both kick ass.
mk47
Inactive User

Started Topics :  118
Posted : Sep 9, 2007 19:56
yeah .. mubali and furious trk is real nice .. good cd !
poncho

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 12, 2007 15:57
I got the flyer for forgotten ritual with my last cd order oh fark talk about missing THE darkest lineup ever conceived(go switzerland!)
....gee this cd looks great! if it could kinda take me to the vibe of that fest
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Sep 13, 2007 17:27
Para Halu, Polykaosssssss, Fearkiller, mubali and furiouss

awesome sounds

darkkkk            “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
MercuryFall
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Sep 13, 2007 17:40
very serious psychedelic sounds on this one!!!!           V/A Floating Mirror - OUT NOW - with Celles, Midimal, Electrypnose, Melodix, Troll Scientists, Yab Yum, Gaspard, Ajja, Cradle of Beats! Info on
http://www.myspace.com/moonlooprecords
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/mol/mol1cd001.html
Arjuna
Arjuna

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Sep 19, 2007 03:36
i like most of the cd but my favorites are 3,5!!,6,8!
i really enjoy the kindzadza track, sounds more like the killer stuff he was doing few years ago... brrrr ...shivering !
mubali
Mubali

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Sep 19, 2007 08:48
I finally got to hear the Kindzadza track this past weekend..... oh my fucking god....... he makes sounds that are indescribable. totally back to the old school...fuckin a.... it's been stuck in my head since saturday... madd propps           An Eagle may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A. - "Frequency Transmissions" (USP) CD 2007

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance